Child's Play: The NEXT Initiative

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: Child's Play: The NEXT Initiative

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:20 pm

"Oh no," James said as Gene ran off towards Exey, "There's no way you're getting away with brushing me off like that! There's no way a scrawny little guy like you can beat me in a straight fight!" As he said this, he went to go and grab Gene by the back of his jumpsuit.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:34 am

Exey sniffs at Gene's hand as he offers it, and thankfully (?), James grabs the back of his suit and pulls him away just as Exey snaps at him. Katey stands, putting her book down. "Seriously, guys, Vi's going to be pissed if she finds out you were fighting."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Gene yelled something like "Oi! Gerroff!" obviously not noticing, or bothered, by Exey's sudden sniff-and-bite tactics. Well, he looked a bit wide-eyed before he was hoisted off, but then he kinda... seemed to be that way.

Processing the bigger kid's words, Gene smirked wryly and shrugged, "Hey man, just sayin' yeah. If you wanna fight, I'll take you on any day, y'know?"

He looked over at Katey, grinning, "Don' worry 'bout me, I ain't startin' no fights, yeah. Well, I guess I kinda did, but I'm not fightin' in here."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:32 pm

James narrowed his eyes at the tiny guy, feigning anger, but inside he was excited. He was beginning to get a little stir-crazy since the end of his last mission, and was excited for any chance to tussle, or run, or just get rid of some of his excess energy. "I don't think you'll be so perky after I've beat the snot out of you, but some people just can't figure out when to shut up."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:23 am

"Ho ho!" Gene smirked at James and sat down on his stool again, looking smug. "Yeah, that's so like me, pickin' fights with big guys 'cause I like getting punched, yeah." He leaned back, all cool, before digging up a pair of narrow shades, completely black, and putting them on. They clashed wondefully with his headband and hair, and complexion... in fact, it wasn't as much him as the glasses, but he didn't seem to care much.

"So, we're all here, aren't we? Are we?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:17 pm

James was a little upset the kid was rising to his bait, but he put him down anyways. Besides, if he got caught starting a fight he'd catch hell. Instead, he was content with the ego trip and settled himself back down where he had been previously.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Milton never really realized how interesting everyone else's footwear were, really, until Gene's shoelaces had caught his attention. But now, a whole new world was opened up to him.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:34 am

The most amazing thing, no doubt, about Gene's shoelaces was that the laces in themselves were actually fake! They were just there, tied in a neat way, cautiously hiding the velcro that actually kept the shoes closed!

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:07 am

Daniel had to admit that he was more than a little freaked out by the last mission even now... or he would if he wasn't convinced that perhaps if he had thought more like Adamant Anaconda, things would have turned out differently. He wasn't entirely sure HOW they would have changed, but he was certain that it would have been valuable. And now he had to think about this punchy new kid as well. "Looks like we're here to me," he says.

For now, Daniel will stick to the Anaconda way of doing things... no matter how good the idea of punching something, ANYTHING, seems.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:19 am

The rest of the NEXT children gather, except for Vi and DJ. The keen eyed would notice another missing, the new boy with the grey hair and the black suit. Though after a few minutes, the double doors on the far end of the Commons burst open, banging loudly against the walls and bouncing back on their hinges. Vi has entered the room, flanked by DJ to her left, still wearing that silly grin, and the new boy, Leon, to her right. Leon looks indifferent. Vi, on the other hand, looks quite mad. She stops before the gathered group, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at nothing in particular.

"The boss says it's time for us to go back out to the real world." She says irritatedly. "I told 'em you're not ready- NONE of you are ready! But they're-" She kicks a table over- "Not-" She stomps on another one, splintering it- "Listening!"

Leon raises a brow, as DJ finally wipes that smirk off her face and makes an effort to restrain Vi. Finally, Vi shrugs her off, but composes herself. "So. Today, we're going out. Don't worry, we're still basically living data, we'll be sleeping and spending most of our time in here still, so don't worry about packing up your video games or whatever other stupid crap you have lying around to transit into your bodies. We're coming back. If you got any questions, ask them NOW, because we're going to have a job the second we get into our bodies."

Meanwhile, DJ has taken to looking oddly at Gene. It's hard to tell with her goggles, but her brow's all scrunched up, like she's trying to figure something out. Suddenly, it dawns on her, causing her to reel back slightly. "You...You do know that these suits are, y'know, seemless and basically our bodies, right? Like, we can't take 'em off. Those are your feet. I dunno why you drew shoelaces and velcro on your feet, but hey, whatever keeps your boat floating, I guess."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:40 am

Gene was pumped! He'd only just finished training, and he was dying to come out in the real world, heavy supercool body and all, to kick some serious ass. This Vi girl, he knew who she was when his internal database updated, seemed like she needed to take a chill-pill, but hey, she was probably under a lot of stress.

Then this DJ chick came up, and started trash-talking his shoes! Sure, he'd put on the extra details, but that was because his legs deserved it! They were awesome! If he could give them an award, he'd do it in a heartbeat. He'd tried to make his boots look more like the shoes he'd worn back when, and he didn't take kindly to mockery of that kind!

"Hey! Don't get on my boots like that, yeah? What I put on my feet're my own businesses..." he glared at her, "What's with those goggles anyway? The bright light hurting your eyes? Didn't goggles go out of style, like... forever?"

Then he did some kind of wicked drop-down with his hands!

"Boom!"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:46 am

"Actually, yeah." DJ says. "The bright light does hurt my eyes, bein' blind an' all."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:54 am

Gene's smug grin flickered for a sec, then it went on stronger than before.

"What? They didn't fix that for you, yeah? Man, shoddy work, y'know!"

Then he did some kind of semi-breakdance like move and flipped:

"So I'm in this room, sisters'n brothers o'doom. All ready for smack down, on bad guys in our town. But this crazy, man, hear me? This DJ chick says, man, she can't see!"

Then he dropped the mic and thumbed his nose, "Why'd ya notice my shoelaces if y'can't see? Boom!"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:30 am

"Echolocation."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Gene looked stunned for a while, then he shrugged and sat down his chair. "Yeah, okay, whatever."

Stupid echolocation.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:59 pm

James was excited. He was finally going to be able to get back out into the real world. He'd been getting a little bit antsy, being confined to what he thought to be a very small amount of space, he was looking forward to going back out into the world. Plus, that meant he might be getting guns or something cool! James looked around and smiled. Oh yeah, this is gonna be fun.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:22 pm

"Oh, yeah." DJ says. "And if you ever disrespect the idea of freestyle with some weak-ass rhymes like that again? I'll kill ya. Right there. Right then. Kill ya dead."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Gene's smile faltered for just a bit as he looked seriously scared. "H-hey, we're not allowed to kill each other!" he looked at the others, "...are we?"

Then he kind of toughened up and frowned, "You got a problem with my dope rhymes? ...seems to me you've got a problem with more or less everything, yeah? what crawled up your wunderoos and died?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:44 pm

"Your atrocious rhymes did."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:46 pm

James looked at the two that were arguing and immediately frowned. Gene was causing a ruckus again, and James already didn't like the kid. James walked over and stood between the two. "You two start trying to kill each other, and you'll have to deal with me." James loomed over the two and frowned a little more.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:42 pm

To the onlooker, it might appear as though Milton was in deep concentration. Going out into the world, and him being the team's medic, it would only make sense that he might be going through a mental regimen to remind himself of the differences between data structure repair and corporeal schematic-based mechanical medicine.

What Milton was really thinking...well, it wasn't so sophisticated. You've been paying attention, right? Right.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:31 am

Gene grumbled something and went to sit down again. He made a mental note to write some wicked lyrics to overpower that smug and mightier-than-you DJ later on, but for now he wasn't going to get on James' bad side any more, the kids were obviously so bullied by DJ that they didn't realize she was the confrontational one.

But he was going to show them, yeah, he was going to kick ass, and potentially chew gum. That would be so sweet.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:22 pm

"Alright." Vi says. "We're going. But You will LISTEN to me." She says, glaring at the collection. "And you will FOLLOW ORDERS. And you will NOT FIGHT EACHOTHER. My orders are FINAL. I am IN CHARGE HERE. Understood!?"

She turn sharply, heading for a door the children haven't noticed until just now- A large black vault with a cold fog coming off of it. "We're ready!" Vi shouts. The vault automatically begins to open, swinging slowly inward. Within are a number of tubes with the children's names on them, made of black metal like the vault, with that cold fog lingering along the floor and the tubes themselves. The entire room is dark, lit only by a line of dim blue light running along the wall. Vi walks to her tube, opening with a touch, and stepping in. It closes behind her, and quickly fills with liquid...One might get the impression that she's done this before.

A moment later, those watching notice that Vi is beginning to shrink inside her enclosure. She floats in the liquid for a moment, before it's flushed out, taking her with it.

DJ claps, shouting at everyone- "Okay, you heard the boss, we've got a job! Go, go go!"

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:40 pm

Milton had, on the other hand, never done this before, but you'd never know it from how he mimicked Vi's confidence in the machine's ability to do something unharmful to him. It closes around him, and he salutes. It fills with fluid, and he maintains a stony gaze. But when he starts moving, a look of not terror, but relaxation spreads about his features--and then he is gone.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:16 am

Gene had barely been inside the digital world besides his training, so he looked almost reluctant to step into one of the pod/tubes, but as Milton stepped into his, Gene scurried over to what he assumed was his, and as the door closes he seems to wait for the right moment, then, just as the liquid pours down all around him, he does the most badass pose ever, and I mean, EVER, yeah? And slowly dissolves. Looking cool. Yeah.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:13 pm

James watched as the other kids got into their tubes, and he was confused as to how they could be so non-chalant about it. James was slightly claustrophobic, so the idea of getting in one of those things scared the crap out of him. On the other hand, however, he would be able to get to the outside world through the process, so he clenched his mouth and stepped inside, waiting to be whisked away to the real world outside. In the end, it wasn't nearly as bad as he thought it was going to be.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:34 pm

One by one, as the children are uploaded, they awake in another world. They feel different than a moment ago, physically- Heavy and solid, compared to the lightness of the digital world. There's darkness, but only for a moment, as there's a hydraulic hiss, and their chambers begin to open.

The chambers are arranged in a circle around a large room, with a number of computers, tubes, and wires feeding into each one. Each one is also supported by two robotic factory arms that assist in helping the children out of the sarcophagi-like metal canisters. Everything in this room is sleek metal, like in the database, and illuminated by similar blue lights.

In the center of the room, Vi stands with her hands on her hips. "Hurry up and get moving. I'm supposed to give you idiots a brief rundown of our HQ, and then we've got a job.

In their heads, each child hears her continue- Auto-radio comms from now on. There's a spy somewhere here and we're going to find them.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:49 pm

James stepped out of the pod without much help from the mechanical arms. It felt strange, how heavy his body felt. He lifted his arms and felt a heft to them. Each step he took required a conscious effort to oppose gravity. He never thought he'd ever feel like this, but he'd gotten so used to the cybernetic world that the real world felt so much more heavy. He went about helping some of the others out of their pods, reveling in the feeling of motion in his arms and legs.

There's a spy somewhere here and we're going to find them, he heard in his head, and that snapped his wandering mind to attention. Spy? Here? Was one of them a spy? He hadn't been given any kind of briefing on the situation so he was completely unsure of how to proceed. He finally decided to just go with whatever flow happened to exist.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:39 am

A spy? Cool! Gene bounced out of his tube after a few seconds of being active, bouncing from toe to toe, testing out the weight of his new body, looking for all sense and purpose like it was christmas, his birthday and the start of summer vacation all rolled into one.

So, who's the spy? Someone working here? Another wunderkind, yeah? Who is it? he did a few jabs in the air, then some kind of fancy whirlwind kick-like kick. Was this awesome? Hell yeah.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:44 am

It's a good thing those mechanical arms were there, because Milton crumpled, ragdollwise, out of his canister, and would likely have impacted his head on the ground below if not for the arms' intercession. He hung there lifelessly for a moment, though comm channels indicated he was present and successfully uploaded, and should be fully functional.

When Vi came over the autoradio, he opened his eyes, slowly, and put his feet on the ground as though he wasn't sure his legs would hold him.

It didn't take long for him to acclimate, though, and he stood at attention after a few seconds in getting his bearings.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:06 pm

No, they're not Wunderkind. If they were, they'd be with us, wouldn't they? Vi says. A pair of simple robots enter the room and begin cleaning up, straightening up the equipment and putting the children's pods back into the..Floor? Vi slips out the door that they came in, beconing for the others to follow, as DJ, the twins, and the boys begin to wake up from their pods.

Vi leads them out to a metal catwalk, overlooking a factory floor. Below, they can see a half dozen different assembly lines working on different things...Two seem to be for Wunderkind bodies, the other four are...Not Wunderkind bodies, exactly. They're...A bit larger. Clunkier, and..Not as well built, actually. The Wunderkind lines both seem to be working on single bodies at a time, the off-sets seem to be mass produced, though. This is our ship. The NEXT Ship. The Exeter. Everything on this ship is ours to use as we see fit on our missions. Non-Wunderkind are strictly not authorized. Treat anything that's not in a Wunderkind uniform as hostile.

She begins walking down the catwalk over the factory floor, where they can see...Much more detail and effort is being put into the Wunderkind bodies. That brings me to our mission. We have a spy, like I said. The children all get an internal email from Vi. I've sent you the picture we managed to get off the cameras.

Attached to the email is an image. It seems to be taken at high speed, but it's still somewhat blurry. It's a young woman with short black hair, dashing down one of the Exeter's corridors. She's wearing a brown vest over a black shirt. The photo is pretty bad, that's about all the detail it has. I'm going to report. DJ, you're with me. The rest of you, find the spy at all costs! Understood!?

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Gene nods, a serious look coming on his face as he steps up to the edge of the catwalk looking down.

Find and catch the spy, yeah... he grins and flexes his fingers, bouncing on his heels, No problem.

With that he sets off running, grabbing onto the railing of the catwalk and swinging himself out only to grab onto a ledge against the wall, using the momentum to press his body close to the wall, then spring off it and land with a roll on a level further down, taking only a second to get up from the floor and continue on, running through a door and out of sight.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:38 pm

James heard the description of the situation, then got the e-mail. After opening it, he wished they had gotten them a better picture of the intruder. He stowed the picture, though, in an easy to access to folder for later comparison. Of course, he saw that little speed demon run off and he shook his head. The kid had no way to deal with this woman if he found her, anyways. What if she had weapons?

What if she had weapons? Then he'll get hurt, or worse, captured. James raised his hand, but didn't bother to wait for Vi to call on him before saying, Hey, do we have access to weapons of some form?

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Vi stops for a moment, processing the question. Weapons locker is immediately below the uplink room. That's where we woke up. Take the stairs to your left down and grab whatever. ...But put it back! Weapons haven't been assigned fully yet!

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:36 am

Do we have sticks? 'cause if we do, I'm fine, yeah. Gene chuckled out over the intercom, so who's coming with me? I warn you, I ain't slowin' down for chumps, y'know

Once said, Gene headed off to the weapon lockers.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:52 am

I'll go. El says, stepping out from the uplink room. ...Oddly, she still has the scarves covering the lower part of her face. Try to keep up, once we move.

With that, she heads down, her twin following nervously.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:04 am

James nodded and turned towards the stairs, heading down to grab some form of weaponry. As he did, he also asked, Also, do have some form of map of the ship? Perhaps schematics? That'll make organizing the search a lot easier.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:16 pm

Milton's body squeezed its fist, open and closed, in a measured and precise fashion, each knuckle articulating separately, and very nearly independently. Blunt instruments. These wouldn't do at all.

He walked out with the rest of the squad, towards the weapons room. He'd need something fine, something sharp. A knife, a point...whether it be a sword, a combat knife...he'd even pick up a heavier weapon like an assault rifle if it had a bayonet. Whatever was most convenient--the sooner he could be operational as a medic/repairman, the better for everyone.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:52 am

Who cares about organization? Gene piped in over the comm, dashing after El and keeping up to pace with her. Clearly he wasn't all talk, and while he might not be quite as smooth a mover as the ninja-girl, he definitely knew how to handle unexpected terrain. He skipped, bounced, rolled and jump-climbed anything in his way, not bothering to dodge them, moving more like a monkey than a boy.

I say, first to find the spy gets some kind of prize. Let's call it the... the... The Exeter Loop, winner gets to keep El's scarf. he chuckled over the com as he slid across a flat structure, bouncing off the end as he came to a stop.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Although James had been walking, after Gene's declaration of a race, the more mature part of James's mind was overridden by the voice that shouted loudly Oh boy! Race! Competition! and he found himself running towards the armory, eager to get started with the search.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs