Child's Play: The NEXT Initiative

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Child's Play: The NEXT Initiative

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:28 pm

"Look, KIDS." The woman says. "I'm being NICE here. That's not NORMAL for me. You AREN'T going to WIN this. Are you REALLY this stupid?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:59 am

"Alright, Gene, hang on a second," James said, gesturing with his shotgun at the woman, "If you're so nice, tell us who you are and what you're doing here. Stop attacking us, let us take you in so you can explain yourself and if you're on the up and up, we'll let you go. If you're being so nice, apologize to these guys that you beat the stuffing out of and we might be nice enough not to blow off that creepy arm of yours."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:29 am

Gene stopped in his tracks, useless arm dangling by a few half-shredded pieces of metal and wires. He gave James a look of complete disbelief, but at least he didn't try to attack the woman again.

"Hey, uh..." he gave the two a glance, the fight pouring out of him like all of a sudden. "So... uh... we're not fighting?"

Then, as things seemed to dawn on him, he gave James another incredulous glance and shrugged. "She don't need to apologize... I put my knives in her legs, s'all, y'know? 'course, I can't repair my arm like that... hey! That was a neat trick! Can you teach me?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:31 pm

"Wait." The woman says, holding up her claw. "I don't think you understand, here. I'm not surrendering. I'm just saying that I'm willing to leave and spare you guys some serious repair bills."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:21 pm

James cocked his head to the side, shrugged and pulled the trigger twice before saying, "Alright, can't say I didn't ask. Go get 'er, Gene."

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:09 pm

It worked! Milton backed away a little from Exey's shell, examining his work as best he could through the steam.

It was perfect. A recreation of the Condensed Nuclear Engineers Society motto, spelled out perfectly in Exey's power conduits! They even blinked!

Wait, he was doing something else, wasn't he? Right. But at least now he knew he could divert SOME power around Exey's frame. Now to put it to a more practical, less interesting use.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:20 pm

Gene didn't waste the time he was given. His arm was being a useless lump of useless, so with a grunt he tore it off, sending the metallic lump to the floor as he took the second knife in his mouth, dashing towards the woman with a wide, crazed grin on his face. If she was going to hit him, he'd dodge her claw, run up her arm if he could, or at least shove the knives into her. They'd have to stay, or the wounds would heal. At least, that's what he guessed now. If they healed anyway, he'd need to try something else.

He wanted desperately to tell her this awesome joke he made up, that they didn't pay the bills, but what came out was "Shee leeshee, shee shonsh peey she bilsh!"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Gene charges the woman. She sighs, and in a flurry of movement:

-Knocks the knife out of Gene's mouth.
-Rips out Gene's other arm, hurling it through a window, shattering the glass.
-Kicks the knee joint of Gene's left boot, sending the joint inverted and bending his knee backwards.
-Stomps on Gene's right foot, flattening the boot, and sending Gene to the ground.

"Okay, I'm leaving." The woman says as Gene flops before her feet. "But seriously, one question. What's with the underpants?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:50 pm

In a very short moment, Gene had been pretty much incapacitated utterly and completely.

This was... disconcerting. Gene felt... like he should say something.

"H...hey, you..." He managed, his system screeching and all kinds of other stuff as it was trying to reroute power three times in a row, "If you tell me your name, I'll tell you the secret of... ng... the wunderoos..."

He knew he should be mad as hell, he knew he should be gnashing his teeth, or crying. But he knew he'd get to fight her again, and he knew the loss of his limbs was just something... temporary. Still, he didn't know how long he'd remain cool and awesome, his mind was having a hard time coping with this way too familiar feeling.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:52 pm

"Fair enough." The woman says. Her eyes glow a bright green, as both the twins seem to be released from her power, falling to the floor, leaving Vi and James the only ones still technically standing- DJ is still nowhere to be found.

"My name is Envy." The woman says. "I'm something of an urban legend. Don't take it too rough, I've been fighting since before your great-great-great-great-great grandparents were...Born."

Envy seems a little confused on that.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Gene smiled, as much as he could as he tried to get up on his right foot... which seemed to be the only one that was actually intact enough that he could stand on it. He knew he ought to wince, but he only felt a weird buzz where his limbs ought to be.

"It's what... powers us... Juice..." he smirked, "I'm Raspberry... James's orange, Milton's strawberries and El's blackberry."

"We're... the Wunderoo Rangers..."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:07 pm

"...That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard." Envy says.

With that, she brushes past Vi, taking a brief second to scoop up the first of Gene's lost arms, and makes for the door. James could probably still stop her! Or at least slow her down.

Milton, however, is having a good bit of success with Exey! Field repairs are done, and she'll be active again in...fifteen seconds, once her system boots.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:04 pm

James watched her leave, with every intention to let her walk out. They obviously couldn't take her down, especially with so many of them injured. When she went to go scoop up Gene's arm, however, he pulled the trigger one last time, aiming for Gene's broken arm, looking to destroy it and ensure that she didn't walk off with a piece of one of them to be examined. "Tsk tsk, I'm sorry, but I can't let you leave with that."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Envy uses the arm to block the shots, the buck ripping into the damaged plating and tearing the entire mechanism up pretty bad.

"Is that so...?" Envy asks. She pauses a second, before dropping the arm entirely, crushing it underfoot as she goes. "If that's how you feel."

She walks outside to the observation deck, and...Leaps off the boat. Through the snow, it's no time at all before she's gone.

"..Clean up in here." Vi says, holding her arm. "Take Gene's knife, the one he stabbed her with. Don't clean it."

Vi begins walking out, ripping her own arm out. "I've got an idea."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Gene was where he was. He couldn't move from here, so he had to wait for Milton, or some other kind soul to pick him up. That wasn't making him very happy... in fact, he was doing his damned best to get... well, anywhere, by wiggling, shifting and generally looking like a worm.

"I'm going to get her..." he growled as he managed to flip himself over on his back, "Envy's mine..."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:17 pm

James watched the woman go, his shotgun trained on her the whole time. Only when he couldn't see her did he sling his shotgun over one shoulder and walk over to the writhing Gene on the floor. "Eh," he said, "Let it go, she's gone and there's no way you're catching her in that state." He bent down and picked Gene up, one arm around his body so that he could let Gene at least pretend like he was walking away.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Once Exey's bootup sequence had begun and was showing signs of successful execution, Milton walked up to the pile of Gene on the floor, analyzing along the way.

Gene was looking pretty well, really. His memory cores were functioning properly, his communication matrix had no issues, and his power core was intact. There was just the matter of some superficial damage to all of his arms and legs. It would all be very droll except that Milton couldn't even get to work on fixing anything worth mentioning. Wordlessly, he tied together or otherwise sealed off any electrical conduits or fluid channels that may have been leaking or waggling loose, and then stepped back to allow James to haul him up.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:28 am

Gene frowned deeply, then nodded, but kept staring at the point where the woman'd disappeared until Milton began tying up his crashed limbs, when his expressioned lightened up a bit.

"Yeah... yeah, well... I guess I haven't trained enough for lobster-women who can regenerate... next time I'll get her though, yeah." he turned his head to look at the others.

"How's Exey, is she okay? And V...Vi?" He'd only now noticed she'd picked up his arm and... torn off her own!

"W...what're you going to do with the knife?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:13 am

Exey will be fine- As seen by her suddenly jumping up from her prone position, sniffing at the air, and yawning.

Vi picks up the knife herself, looking at the blood collected on it. "Just a little experiment." She says, beginning to leave the bridge for real this time. "I think it's time we made some friends."

Mission: 02- Ship-Shape - Completed!
Mission Status: Null
Mission End Time: 2:00 PM, June 20, 3756
Optional Objective: Defeat Envy- Completed!(...?)
Damages: 0.00 Credits.
Gains: Null.
MVPs: TBA.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:27 am

Gene looked... curious. Made some friends? What did she mean by that?

"H-hey! I stabbed her, y'know, I think I ought to have a right to know what you're talking about."

He made to move after her, but obviously none of his limbs were functioning enough that he could move on his own. Instead he almost fell out of James' grip and he frowned. Exey's recovery made him smile somewhat, though. He wasn't sure who this girl was yet... but she was REALLY acting weird.

"So... is she always like this, or?" he pointed to the dog-girl, "I mean... has anyone tried to find out why she's not talking?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:55 pm

"Whoa whoa," James said as Gene tried to go somewhere. He moved along with to help him along. He looked over to Exey, who seemed well enough. "Yeah, she's just like that."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:19 pm

The twins seem to be recovering from what Envy did, though El seems a little worse for wear for it. Currently, she's clinging to her sister, sobbing quietly. Katey just frowns, looking towards Exey. "I tried to look at 'er code." She says after a second. "But I can't get anythin' that makes any sense."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:57 am

"What? She did something to her code?"

Gene almost shouted. This wasn't fair. How come she'd been allowed to just barge in here and do whatever the hell she wanted? Weren't there any grownups around? What the hell was going on!?

"Can you fix it, Vi?" He said with clenched teeth, "Then I want to volunteer for whatever crazy experiment you've got that can make me take her down, y'know. Think she's so big and tough!"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:01 am

"Oh, I'm sure I can think of something..." Vi says, before disappearing into the fog and snow.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Mission: 03- Envious
July 6th, 3756
2:45 PM

It's been a couple weeks since Envy's attack on the Exeter, and the children have been confined to the Database while their bodies are repaired...With the exception of Vi, who's been squirreling herself away in the real world for most of her time.

Repairs are going slow on Gene; most of his body has to be rebuilt from the damage Envy did, putting him only at 55% since the attack. Exey is nearly back to operational capacity, though the damage to her generator was pretty extreme.

For now, it's free time for the children, so long as they stay in the Database- Video games, books, movies, whatever they'd want to do...SO long as they stay out of Vi's way. The twins, too, have been distant since Envy's attack- El in particular.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:58 am

James, with the time that was given to him, began to search about for El. He hadn't seen much of her after their last mission, and the amount of aggression and hostility she had pointed at him during that mission was confusing for James. He searched about, trying to find her so he could talk to her.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:14 pm

After mission report, and a little bit of figuring on the part of the administration, Milton was put through a half-day training course on how to use the subvocalizers that ended up actually taking two full days. He's spent much of the rest of the time researching agriculture, after the revelation that Gene thought of him as "strawberries"--a metaphor he has yet to penetrate. Between that and periodic refresher courses on field surgery and repair, most of his time has been occupied and he's generally been out of the others' way.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Gene, free to actually move around inside of the database, had decided that something needed to be done about Exey. It wouldn't stand that they had a bestial, werewolf-ish Wunderkind without the ability to talk. He'd deal with that.

So without further ado he set out to find the growling part of their group.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:19 pm

James finds the Twin's room without much trouble: It's actually one of the bigger ones of the group, being shared between the two. On the door is a big sign: "Twins room: KEEP OUT" with a crudely drawn picture of a scowling El and a mean looking Katey. ...As mean looking as Katey can look, at least.

----

Gene wanders around, looking for Exey. Eventually he finds the pastel-colored Wunderkind-Thing roaming around the Commons...Eating the plants.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Gene gives the plant-eating girl a weirded-out look, then he takes a few steps towards her and speaks up.

"Hey, you, Exey?" he holds out a hand cautiously. "So, what's your story? You think you're a dog, or you're a dog who think you're human...? Eh... wunderkind, y'know?"

"What's up with that?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Exey turns her head towards Gene, crunching up the last leaf. ...Now she's just staring at him.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:44 pm

"So, uh..." Gene wasn't sure what to do, so he just sat down.

"I heard the guys found you in a... inside the computers, right? So, what were you doing there?"

He was realizing, a bit slowly maybe, that Exey wasn't going to be much of a talker.

"So, what's up with that eating grass thing? I heard dogs do it when it's about to rain, yeah?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Exey narrows her eyes, and plucks a leaf from the plant. She points at it, and matter of factly says: "Arr."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:57 pm

"Arr?"

Gene blinked and looked at the leaf, then the thought struck him!

Oh, maybe you can't talk with your mouth? What were you trying to tell me?

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Exey narrows her eyes, going back to a squatting position.

Error: 01000101010110000100010101011001.exe is experiencing critical faults in all systems! Please save your data and reboot your system immediately.

That was a very loud warning in Gene's head. Like she was screaming at him.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Gene jumped in his seat and instinctively covered his ears. Whoah, what the hell was that!? He looked around to see if it might've been coming from somewhere else before he gave Exey another worried look and leaned back on the bench he was sitting on.

"Ooo...kay. So, that didn't work." he frowned.

"Maybe you can learn some kind of sign-language...?" he mumbled, thinking out loud to himself... "or those grownups get off their asses and do something about this..."

"Speaking of which." he looks at her claws. "What's up with that anyway? Are you always like that, or...?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Exey rolls her eyes in response to Gene's question. "Arr."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 am

Gene was so totally getting what Exey was talking about, y'know. Arr, man, Arr.

He sat silently for a while, considering what she'd said, before he nodded and jumped down onto the ground.

"Hey, you know what? Let's go see what Vi's up to. I bet she'll be super pissed if we bother her when she's working!"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:15 am

"Hey man."

Gene's approached from behind from that pale, shaggy haired boy, in the black and grey suit...Leon, he thinks the name was. Vi's new lackey. "You gotta death wish or something...? She'll totally beat your face in if you bother her."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:38 pm

"Yo." Was Gene's reply as he kind of kept walking, "I just got all my limbs torn off, yeah? I don't think she can cause any more damage to me, when in here I mean. Haha." he turned to look at Leon, walking backwards. "Aren't you curious about what she's doing with the blood from that woman?"

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs