Dark Heresy - Only in Death does Duty End

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Jak Snide

Re: Dark Heresy - Only in Death does Duty End

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:50 am

"A ship's going to chew up men anyway, Mae. They might as well be the dregs of humanity. Besides, I thought you were of the void yourself. You of all people should know the way of things."

The adept settled back down into his seat once he was certain that there were no snoopers around.

"Mind you, it's usually press gang crews that round up the scum, isn't it? With the authority and cooperation of the lords and masters of whatever hole they're scouring. The cripple-tongued one doesn't strike me as an orchestrator of mass abduction."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:46 pm

Mae gave a polite, but indifferent shrug.

"I was speaking of how he managed to procure them so quickly," she let that smug smile creep up on her face again as she took a sip from her glass of amasec thoughtfully, "either he had them with him already, or he merely went out and took them." she gave a little shrug and turned to Aator, "I think our host might have decided to leave us to ourselves for a while, and this might be as good a time as any for you to stop the pretense, Aator." She gave him a meaningful glance and the warrior paused in the maintenance of his equipment, giving her a surprised look.

For a moment it seemed as if he had no idea what she spoke of, but her glare told him it might not be the best idea, and with slumping shoulders he nodded and reached behind his neck, apparantly turning some hidden apparatus under his skin. A hissing sound erupted from the man, the source untraceable, and then a clearly synthetic voice spoke up.

"Hhhhhhhhhhhow did you know I could speak, priestess?" the voice said unevenly, as if it hadn't been used for communication in quite a while.

Mae simple smiled and put down her glass, "I was told. Irrelevant of that, where is Red?"

"He..." the voice seemed to pause. It was clearly of completely mechanical origins, for nothing in the man's throat was moving, nor was his sewn-together mouth opening at all. "He spoke of acquiring weaponry from the guardsmen transported with us. I doubt he will succeed."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:46 am

The thought of someone abducting a few thousand people swiftly did not surprise Cristan. His own homeworld had been used in such a fashion for some time now, its population considered expendable and gradually depleted by various interests. That Aator could speak, though, that was surprising.

"He might. The right codes and a measure of authority can accomplish a whole lot, if you know how to use them. Still, what does he need to do that for, anyway? Still desperate to buy himself into our good graces?"

Previous

Return to Other RPs