Child's Play

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: Child's Play

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm with you Emily, I'm better at that kind of stuff..

Alexis sighed and shifted from one foot to the other. Right now I just want to get some work done and forget about all this.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:21 pm

The group splits into two halves, and begins to search.

Emmy's half, sadly (Or maybe fortunately) finds nothing- There's nothing to indicate that Viral had been here for any prolonged amount of time. There are no other Wunderkind, not even other people hiding. It seems other than the two rescued boys, everyone managed to get out while the heat was coming on.

Max's group finds something a bit more substantial- A strange, one to two Wunderkind vehicle, painted black and red with NEXT written along the side. Although it's oddly shaped, it seems amazingly well made, probably well enough that it could support the weight of a pair of Wunderkind and maintaining a decent speed- While hovering. Yes, despite the fact that antigravity technology is still some time off, the vehicle seems equipped with it, easily hovering almost a foot off the ground and letting off a pleasant humming noise.

Jackpot indeed for the pilots- Or maybe Casey.

(Kelne may decide where Emmy and her group actually ends up. Other than that, just decide who you were ganging with- Max or Emily.)

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:59 am

"No way." Max just stands there staring at it for a moment. As the reality of the situation dawns on him, his eyes light up and a huge smile appears on his face. "No way!"

Max makes a dash for the hoverbike and hops on it without a second thought. "This is the coolest thing that has ever existed!" It's like a second Christmas! And what's the first thing you do when you're presented with an awesome new toy? You gotta share it. Emmy, you aren't gonna believe what we just found! You gotta see this! Wait, no, forget that, I'll bring it to you! Before Enzo can really say anything, he's off. Max raises both hands in the air and shouts; "Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!"

It's a good thing he can control the thing without actually having to use the handlebars.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:07 am

Sam, helping Emmy search, is somewhat pleased that they haven't found any other evidence of Viral here; it means they came just in time! "Should we look anywhere else, Emmy? I think this is almost everywhere, isn-"

At that point, he hears the distant shout that, though distant, is unmistakably Max. "...I guess Max has good news? What d'you think happened?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:36 pm

"I guess he found some of that advanced technology he was looking for," Emily said, moving back out into the open after her perusal of one of the mall stores. Definitely nobody hiding in the back. "I wonder who left it behind?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:18 am

Thunder rumbles in the distance, while a light rain continues to fall. The Diamond Division is funneling in quickly via choppers and land cruisers, and are quickly locking down the area. A cold breeze sweeps through the area. With the new vehicle in tow, the children regroup and return to the transport, and begin back to the Deck Building.

Lightning streaks the sky in the distance as the wind continues to blow. For now though, the storm has passed.

Mission: Thirteen- Complete!
Mission Status: Complete!
Mission End Time: 7:02 PM
Optional Objective: Find ALL of the additional watchers- Incomplete!
Damages: 0.00 Credits.
Gains: 1500.00 credits.
MVPs: TBA.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:19 am

Interlude: Thirteen lights of Hope
Deck City: Office of Byron Rivendare
March 12th, 3757
11:13 PM

Rivendare slammed his head against his desk for the sixth time in the night. He took another look over the files- Blueprints, really, for each of the now Thirteen children he had in his extra division. Each one was similar, simply because of the way their bodies were built- But they were all so unique still.

Walking tanks. Thirteen children who were all walking tanks. He sighed heavily, running his hands through his hair again. The new one didn't even have a name. He had a team of techs working over night on her, doing the necessary cleaning up of the Wunderkind code that comes as soon as possible after conversion. They had found certain flags in a Wunderkind's code- Name, age, birthdate, all as the child knew them in their minds.

But this new girl, the blonde with the blue and white suit...She had nothing. No name. No birthdate.

He looked up when he heard his office door click shut. Anka stepped in, offering him some cocoa. “Thought of anything yet?” She asked, quietly.

“Just more of the same.” He said, taking the cocoa with a quiet 'thanks' and blowing the steam off the top. “I keep going back to the same bullshit. She's got nothing in her code to identify her. That makes her ours, even more than the others.”

Anka grunted agreement, sipping her own cocoa. “And you're worried about what happened tonight.”

Rivendare sighed. “With Cranston back with Lelorniel, that's bad enough. But now there's at least one other Wunderkind group that's hostile to us. And our boys and girls are the only ones that can stand up to them.”

Anka nodded. “Indeed. They seem to be our pillars of hope right now.”

Rivendare thought for a minute. “Yeah...Thirteen rays of light. We're going to need to get serious on this...”

Anka nodded. “They're good kids. They'll protect us- Just as we'll protect them. They'll be ready when the time comes.”

Anka stepped out, as Rivendare turned back to his paperwork. “Thirteen lights of hope...Yeah...”

Rivendare smiled to himself as he picked up his pencil again, beginning to fill out the documentation on the new Wunderkind girl the team had just picked up.

“Welcome to the family, Hope.”

(TLDR: Young Thirteen's given name is Hope, and she will be identified as such in the upcoming missions to prevent confusion.)

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:26 am

Mission: 14- Mech Warrior.
Deck City: Shefton Park
March 14, 3757.
09:00

It's a warm, sunny early spring morning in Deck City- The rain seems to have finally let up, at least for now. The whole Wunderkind force has been assigned to board a D-52 transit to the local sporting arena, Shefton Park, home of the Deck City Diamonds. The transport drops the children off directly on the field, allowing all thirteen of them to pile off. Kid is off first, running across the field as fast as she can, laughing. Janet is second, calmly stepping out.

Hope is third, stepping awkwardly off. Over the last couple of days, she's begun to adjust to her new mechanical body, but she still moves awkwardly, as if she's unsure of herself.

Juliet stays in her seat at the back of the transport, and Casey slides into the chair in front of a wifi computer console on the transport itself, pulling up her personal data logs and going over information.

The stadium is huge, easily seating thousands of people, and capable of being modified to accommodate any event needed on the main field. Today, there are dozens of huge metal cargo crates lining either side of the field, and the field itself seems to be set up for a soccer game.

A rather LARGE soccer game.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Sam steps out in the midst of the other kids, looking around to see who the stadium might be set up for. "...Are we gonna be guarding the teams or something? I don't see anyone else here. Did any of you guys get any other orders yet?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:07 pm

"I don't see any teams," Emily said, "But look at the size of the goals. You know those novelty soccer matches where they play with cars? I think we're playing a game with something big." She nodded towards the cargo containers, underscoring her point.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:36 pm

"You don't know the half of it!"

Silvie practically bounced after Emily, and she grinned ear and ear as she looked over the field. Ohhh, this was going to be so awesome. She couldn't wait to see the look on everybody's faces!

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:15 am

Max was super jazzed about coming to Shefton Park, but a little bummed that there weren't any games or events scheduled for today. At least, not that he knew about. Silvie certainly seemed excited for something, though. He follows Emmy and Silvie out of the transport... why were they dropped off directly on the field? Max looks around, and what Emmy said about "big soccer" begins to sink in. A huge, too-genuine-to-not-look-goofy smile develops on Max's face. "You're close!" He tells Emmy. He's too excited to maintain his normal cool, calm tone of voice. He sounds more like Sam talking about baseball. "Not cars. Those crates are too tall for cars, unless they were stacking them or something. No, it's some other kind of big vehicular thing." He turns and exudes excitement in Silvie's direction. Looks like excitement is contagious! "Isn't that right, Silvie?"

There's really only one reason Max can think of that Silvie would know what was going on while the rest of them were in the dark.
Last edited by BrainWalker on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:33 pm

Enzo followed the others out, looking around distractedly. He was running an analysis of some hardware in his head and for the moment it had most of his attention. He'd been doing similar for the past day and a half, and he felt like he was getting pretty good at finding problems with them by now. He'd have to move up to something more complex soon... Big Soccer? What? He saved his progress and put the file away.

"What? What are we doing again?"

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:07 am

"That's right!" she said, as she beamed at Max. Then she looked at Enzo, and said, "Just look around you. What do you think we're gonna do?"

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Max looked over to Enzo, who was still looking around trying to figure things out. No one else was saying anything, either, so it looks like it falls to Max to inform everyone. He boost-jumps up on top of the transport, and turns to face his teammates with a wide stance. Time to test out that augmented reality app he'd downloaded and had been tinkering with.

"We're going to play a game of..." Max poses, pulling his right fist back around his waist and raising his left hand straight up to the sky. "... MECHA SOCCER!" Max draws these last two words out, and his voice reverberates unnaturally but dramatically in the children's ears. As he says this, big red movie-poster-style block letters spin out of nothing into existance above his head to spell it out.

The letters twich and wobble a little if any of the kids change their viewing angle too rapidly, but that's just the nature of augmented reality stuff. The kids still in the transport might be wondering why they are able to see a bunch of red rectangles that seem to be floating above the roof, but they can probably surmise it has something to do with Max.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:00 am

While Max gives his dramatic explanation, a woman begins to walk towards them from the back of the field. She's dressed in a plain, olive green jumpsuit, similar to a mechanic's or a fighter pilot's, along with a matching pair of oddly stuffed, short black gloves and boots. There's a youthful glimmer in her brown eyes, but small, faint lines gather at the corners of her mouth as she beams at them; she must be somewhere in her thirties.

"That's right," she says once she's close enough for them to hear her. Now that she's near by, the more observant children might be able to pick up on some similarities between her and Silvie. They have the same nose and chin, or something close to it, and her hair - cropped short and styled straight - is the same shade of dark brown. There are some differences, though; her skin is much darker, and her cheekbones are more pronounced and placed higher on her face. That said, they look close enough to be related. Perhaps this mystery woman is an older cousin, or an aunt, or Silvie's-

"Mom!"

Silvie grins ear to ear and starts charging towards her, before she suddenly stops in her tracks She skids to a halt, with a trail of torn up dirt and grass behind her, and she gives the older woman a bashful smile before she hugs her tight - but not too tight. Humans can only handle so much hug from strong, robotic hugs. However, her mother is a gracious woman, and she wraps her arms around her and pulls her tight.

"Hey there, kiddo. Why don't you introduce me to your friends, hm?"

"Sure!" Silvie turns her head just enough to face them without relinquishing her hold, and says, "Guys, this is my mom, Rebekah! She's a sergeant -"

Rebekah clears her throat, and Silvie says, "Well, was a sergeant for the Empire, like, way, way back. She used to be one of their mech pilots!"

"But that was a long time ago." Rebekah lets go of Silvie and ruffles her hair, and says, "Now I travel around places like D-52 and Zenobia and teach their guys how to pilot. Now, your friend ...Max, was it?...he has the right idea. But, can any of you tell me why we're doing this?"

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:39 pm

Rebekah Morales! Being a pilot class, Max had heard of her from his own training and from conversations in Engineering and the Hangar, but this is his first time actually meeting her. She's apparently kind of a big deal. And she knows his name! That's pretty cool.

"Well, I was gonna say we're doing this because mechs are awesome and soccer is awesome and mechs and soccer together is super-crazy-awesome. But if you're here... I'm guessing this is sort of a fun mecha piloting training exercise? Which is still pretty awesome."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:38 am

Sam isn't as familiar with Rebekah as Max is, but he remembers meeting her before the last time they had family visits; he's about as happy to see her as Max because of that, grinning to Silvie as she talks. He waits for MAx's answer to speak up, because he hadn't really had a clue why they would do that.

"...If Max is right, does that mean we're gonna have our own mechs after this too?"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:41 am

"Oh, wow. That does sound really awesome."

He was smiling, and he looked kind of enthusiastic, but he usually didn't really let loose with his feelings for new experiences. Especially sports related ones. Still, soccer in mecha could be fun.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:51 am

"Not right 'way!" Casey calls from the command vehicle. "I've been workin' my buttplate off jus' tryin' ta get 'em modified enough for us ta fit right inside, let 'lone customizin' any! Ya know how hard it is ta adjust th' entire inside offa Walker jus' enough fer a kid ta fit right inside?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:53 am

"...Really hard?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:00 am

"I hadta change ever'thin', stretch th' wirin' out by a coupla feet- PER WIRE, an' then I hadta scrunch ever'thin' up by lika foot!" Casey calls out again. "If anyone wants any special custom jobs or anythin', yer gonna haveta wait!"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:00 pm

"I'm sure some of us could help out with the simpler work," Emily suggested, "You don't have to do everything yourself."

"Anyway," she went on, "Rebuilding mechs is something for another day. Shall we get started?" Emily was definitely enthusiastic about the prospect of mech socca. It was pue ditilled awesomeness, whether for training purposes or not.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:32 pm

"I'd love to look at the design files some time, before and after modification."

Enzo approached the big metal crates.

"And... I guess I'm gonna have to go with Max on this one. D-52 wants us to be proficient with operating larger mecha, for jobs where our standard bodies aren't sufficient to get a job done. It would be dangerous to go on a mission if we weren't already familiar with piloting them. Except for Max and Emily, at least."

He looked back at Silvie's mom, curious if he was even close.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Sam grins to Emily, nodding quickly. "Yeah! I wanna get started too! Is Max right, Ms. Morales? Is that why we're doing this?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Before Mrs. Morales can respond, four Wunderkind approach from behind her.

The first, a long, dark-blue haired girl with pale skin, a sky blue suit with...royal blue wunderoos and extremities. She puts her hands on her hips and laughs confidently. "This is the Deck City team? This shouldn't be hard at all then!"

The next, another girl with shoulder length brown hair, a similar complexion, and a suit of yellow and white, looks appologetically at the group. "I'm sorry about Em, she's...Very confidant."

"Are you saying I shouldn't be confidant?"

"I'm saying they might be better than we are at being Wunderkind." Brown hair shoots back.

"No way!" Em scowls. "We're way better than them! Our gear's way better and we've got second generation bodies! Right, Lieutenant Abrams?"

One of the remaining Wunderkind- Also a girl, but this one in dark pastel colors with dark hair and an insane amount of freckles, just kind of looks blankly at the group, looking 75% alseep.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:18 pm

The last of them calls out after Em, a girl in red and white, with fery light red, almost pink, hair tied up in pigtails and bright green eyes. "Em's right, Lieutenant Abrams! We're gonna beat all you guys, we're the best Wunderkind there are! You aren't gonna get any points!" Stepping forward in front of Em, she stumbles a bit, but recovers quickly. Posing with fists on her hips, the grin doesn't leave her face.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:56 pm

"Talk is cheap," Emily responded cheerfully, "Let's see how you do on the field." Second gen bodies or not, they had two pilots on their team, which ought to give them a pretty good edge. Assuming of course that the other side had less than two.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:08 pm

"Yeah, well, your talk is even cheaper! It's free even, it's so cheap! I'm not gonna pay you anything!" She just keeps grinning, holding her pose.

Sam just frowns, confused. Who are these guys? Where'd they come from?

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Brown hair gives her team mates a sideways look. "Why are you guys posing like that?"

Em doesn't break from her own pose. "Because we have to NOW JOIN US."

"I don't think I'm going to do that."

"Yes you will! Scarlett, make her pose! Pose in solidarity!"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:30 pm

The pink-haired wunderkind - Scarlett? - grabs for the brown-haired one's shoulders, tugging her over to her and Em. "C'mon, you gotta! Otherwise they won't know we're a team!"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:35 pm

"I think they know we're a team already!" Brown-hair shouts as she's pulled over. "I'm not going to pose!"

The last one continues to just stand still and stare sleepily at nothing.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:39 pm

"C'mooooon! We'll just look dumb if you don't!"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Brown hair sighs and falls into place, reluctantly putting her hands on her hips. "What about Cainwen? She's not going to pose even more than I won't..."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:53 pm

"Cainwen's posing in spirit! Right, Cainwen?" Scarlett looks over to the quiet one in the group, still grinning as she gets back into pose.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:54 pm

"That's not fair!" Brownhair says, dropping her pose. "Then I'm posing in spirit, too!"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:56 pm

"...Oh, fine!" With a loud, exaggerated 'harrumph', Scarlett tries to drag Cainwen up with the group too.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:05 am

Cainwen is dragged over, and just maintains her incredibly sleepy look.

Not far off, Kid is watching the entire scene, fairly amused at Scarlett's antics. "See, this? This is worth being up early for."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:36 am

Enzo wasn't sure if he should be laughing or staring in confusion. He found himself alternating between the two as the imperial wunderkind went through their nonsense. Still, if they were being friendly and about to practice soccer in mecha together, it didn't matter how weird they acted: someone needed to kick off friendly introductions. The brown haired girl seemed normal enough. He walked up to her, trying to look friendly.

"Hi. I'm Enzo, these are-" He pointed as he went "Kid, Silvia, Max, Emily, Janet, Sam, Casey, Juliet, and Alexis. What are your names?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:42 am

The brown haired girl smiles. "It's nice to meet you, Enzo. I'm Janda Purvis. This is Em-" She points to the blue one- "..Scarlett-" She points to Red, "And Cainwen." She says, finally pointing to Pastel. "We're still starting up, we're not even our own independent team yet. We're still support for the White Brigade."

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs