Child's Play

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Child's Play

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:07 am

"Yet!"

Sam follows Enzo up, smiling at them all, trying not to snicker at their scene. "Um...yeah, hi! It's nice to meet you all! Who's the White Brigade, though?"

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:07 am

While the kids chatted, Morales, otherwise known as Abrams, watched over them. At least, until they asked about the White Brigade. She looked at Sam, and said, "They're a part of the Empire's government that investigates events outside the norm. Weird science, things that go bump in the night, and!"

She winked at them, and said, "Even kid robots."

In a moment, though, she cleared her throat and stood at attention. It was time to get serious. "Now! Does anyone have any more questions, or are we ready fo the mechs?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:44 am

Alexis finished stretching, her game face on. When it came to sports, she was actually good. Her model was lighter than the others, faster and more agile... she might not have the same punch as some of the others, but theoretically she should do fine.

Sure, she'd never played soccer in her life, but... in theory she'd be fine... Then again, she had no idea what sort of things they were going to use to play this match, and whether or not her own hardware would be used at all. Still, it didn't hurt to do a warm-up, did it?

"N-No questions here... M-miss Morales. It's N-nice to meet you too."

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:45 pm

"Alla our mechs're still powerin' up." Casey says. "There's one f'r everyone, 'cept fer Juliet- She's gettin' special trainin' since she's not parta yer unit. Dunno if we should let Hope hop inta one yet though. She's still gettin' used ta her Wun'erkind body, let 'lone a mech."

Hope hobbles over. "Hey, th-that's..not fair..."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Sam smiles to Hope, and looks back to Casey. "Yeah! She oughta get to try it too. It'll be fun no matter what happens! Right, Hope?"

Meanwhile, Scarlett runs up to Lt. Abrams, tripping a bit on the way, and bouncing on her feet once she reaches her. "Can we get into our mechs now too, Lt. Abrams? I'm all ready now!"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:35 pm

"Yea," Casey says flatly, "Unless she falls on someone..."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:35 pm

"Why don't you ride with me, Hope?" Emily suggested, "I'll be linked into the mech's systems directly, so you can use the controls and I'll iron out anything which would topple us over or whatever." There ought to be room for two of them in a cockpit, depending on how much open space Casey had left after her modifications.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:27 pm

"Um..Okay, that...That sounds good." Hope says, fidgeting.

"It's gonna be a l'il tight." Casey says. "There's enough room fer a Wunnerkin' an' some change, but two's gonna be a squeeze."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:07 pm

"Well, let's have a look, then see if we can do anything about that," Emily suggested, "As long as we can both fit and strap in okay though, we should be alright."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:49 pm

"Well, just sayin, unless you can fold yerself up into a tiny l'il Wundercube, yer gonna be tucked in tight."

Casey looks away for a minute...AS if she's got an idea.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:47 am

"Just a minute," she says to Scarlet. "Not everyone's ready just yet."

She glances at Emily before she smiles at Casey. "Miss Greene? Do you have something to share with the class?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:48 am

"Huh?" Casey snaps back to reality. "Nah, jus thinkin' 'bout mods I could try's all."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:04 am

Scarlett frowns. "But we're all ready! Even Em I bet! Em, you're ready, right?"

And over with the D52 Wunderkind, Sam's glad that everything's pretty much taken care of. "If you'll still fit then I think that's a good idea, Emily! And don't worry, Hope; we'll be there to help you too! But I bet we won't have to, I bet you'll be fine!"

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Abrams ignored Scarlet for the time being, and focused her attention on Emily.

"Are you sure about this?" she asked. "Piloting a mech is harder than it looks, and having someone else in the cockpit can make it preeetty tricky."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:23 pm

"I think we'll be okay," Emily said, "I've been through training for mech piloting, and we'll start out slow rather than going for anything fancy to start with."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:03 pm

"I'm glad to hear it. I'll allow it - just this once, at least."

She then turns towards the rest of the kids, and shouts, "All right! Now we're ready to get to the mechs. Are there any questions before we start?'

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:24 pm

"Yeah, I got one." Casey says. "I Got a mech fer everyone, who'se you gonna use, Em? I can try ta get a quick mod out on th' cockpit so ya'll both fit."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:30 pm

"I'm not too fussed," Emily said, pulling up the stats on each container over her interface, "But let's go with whichever one's set aside for me so that I'm not messing with somebody else's."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:34 pm

"Right!" Casey says, springing up. "Gimme 'bout five minutes an' I'll make 'nuff room for ya. Hopefully."

With that, Casey springs up and makes a run for one of the containers, letting herself in via the infantry door on the front. She can really move when she wants to.

"Girls!" Em shouts, pointing skyward. "To our mechs!"

Em shoots off towards the Imperial mech crates, followed by a more reluctant Janda, and that perpetually sleepy girl following a moment later. ...Wait, there's only four of them present?

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Enzo did a quick tally of the kids they'd be playing against, and of his friends.

"... Are we going to play in shifts? There's almost twice as many of us as there are of them."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Sam looks similarly confused! "...maybe some of us are supposed to play on their team to make things even? That'd be kinda weird though maybe..."

And meanwhile, Scarlett runs off after Em, doing her best to beat her!

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:13 pm

"Good eye," said Rebekah. "But don't worry about the teams - the rest of the kids are just waiting for everybody in their mechs."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:12 pm

"Oh." He frowns a bit, looking back across the field at the other group of Wunderkind. "How come they didn't wanna come out and say hi too?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:20 pm

Emily followed in Casey's wake, intending to lend a hand with the last-minute refurbishments. She had a bit of rudimentary mechanical training, so she ought to be able to contribute.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Alexis gave the others a nod and hurried towards the machines. She hadn't piloted a mech in real-life before, this'd be a fun experience.

...I hope they know it's our first time piloting these...

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Rebekah shrugged, and said, "Sorry, I couldn't tell you. Maybe they'll be more chatty after the match."

Meanwhile, Silvie gave her mom a light squeeze, and said, "C'mon guys, lets go - don't worry, Mom'll tell us everything we need, right?"

"That's right," she said. "But don't expect any special favors. Now, go on, scoot - we've got a game to play."

And with that, Silvie beamed at the others and ran towards her mech. This was going to be so awesome.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Sam follows in Silvie's wake, excited, but nervous about the idea of piloting something. Especially in front of Max and Emily! And even more especially in a game! He's looking forward to it, but he hopes he doesn't screw up or anything!

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:50 pm

The children of Project Bluesky run to their side of the field, where their mechs are still stored in the containment crates. The power up sequence is still...Well, powering up. Casey sends over the link.Give it about thirty seconds. Kid facepalms. "The start up hasn't finished starting up? We're putting on a really impressive showing."

On the other half of the field, the armored containers of the Imperial wunderkind's mechs all depressurize, and fall away one after the other. The Imperial Wunderkind's mechs are like nothing else the kids have ever seen- They're a little shorter than normal Walkers, and quite a bit more streamlined. They're still quite bulky, though it's a smooth bulky, rather than a boxy look. Looking at them, the mechs design looks very much like someone took a Wunderkind body, scaled it up, and added extra armor to the torso area. Also, they lack the human features of the children's bodies- They are obviously Mech Walkers.

Even more impressive maybe that each mech seems to be cuztomized for it's pilot. The first visible is white and yellow, with a runic patterns painted on the forearm and lower leg armor. The sharp eyed might have noticed the angel wing pattern painted on Janda's back, and the matching constructs protruding from this walker's back.

Next, a mech shades of blue- Probably belonging to Em. This one's slightly larger, and more heavily armored. The armor on this one, however, is different than the others- It's jagged, and has a very intricate paint job, making it appear as if the normal armor was frozen under a thick layer of ice. Em immediately poses as her mech's container falls away.

The next five are also somewhat strange- All painted in Cainwynn's colors, the first four being almost unique except for several small differences, and a symbol on the chest- Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon. The last is more decorated, and fancier than the rest, and bears the symbol of Alpha on it's chest.

"Come on!" Em says, over her mech's loud speaker. "We're WAIIIITINNNGGG."

Okay guys! Go ahead and suit up. Our mechs are just standard, but we're the ORIGINAL Wunderkind! Show them who's boss! Casey says.

Within each container, the children will find their mech in a kneeling position, with a ladder leading to the cockpit in the chest. The models are solid, if not a little dated- They probably got some for this training that were on the verge of decommission. But, it's a simple matter of climbing up and strapping in.

(Here is the model your mechs currently use, minus the gun, shield, and silly hat thing. The boosters still exist on the back and are functional. Other than that, they're pretty standard mechs. If needbe, I can go into the controls of them for non-pilots. The only customization on them right now is that they're painted in your colors. :( ))

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:27 pm

As it turned out, Emily and Hope were among the last to get themselves settled into their mech, owing to a brief detour. Emily wound up stashing her body back on the transport and being carried over to the mech in a flash drive by Hope. This left her with plenty of space in the cockpit, while Emily dove into the mech, settling herself into this rather larger body without major difficulty. It was definitely bigger and clunkier than she was used to being, she reflected, spreading 'her' hands and checking the articulation of each joint. Still, old and clunky or not, the mech actually struck her as decently agile. It would be interesting to see how the others adapted to their own machines.

"Alright, Hope," she said, her voice crackling over an internal speaker, "I'm set. You're in charge of the controls. I'll feel them as a nudge to perform different actions and act accordingly. I can give you a quick rundown on the controls if you like." They all had access to the specs for the machines, including a user's manual, but a bit of a tutorial wouldn't hurt. She had a sneaking suspicion that the Imperials had been doing a bit of training in their own machines. Well, they'd soon see if it paid off for them.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Sam scrambles up into his own mech, as Scarlett steps forward with the others, posing next to Em. Hers doesn't look too custom, but for the short cape fluttering behind her despite the lack of wind. Her voice crackles into life just after Em. "Yeah, c'mon and hurry up! Unless you're scared of how bad we're gonna beat you!"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:50 am

Alexis was in her mech quickly, skipping on its bent knee and landing in the cockpit without making a sound. She plugged into the operating system, fastened her wunderkind body with the automated magnetic bolts and smiled a little bit.

Ready...

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Silvie scrambled into her mech as quickly as possible, strapping herself in and flipping the switches that would bring it back to life.

Alright! she shouted. Let's kick some a-

Before she could finish that thought, there was a flicker of static over the intercomms. Soon the kids would hear a message from Rebekah.

"All right kids," she said. "I'm going to be your referee for the match, but before you get too excited, I want to see how well you guys can hold up with basic mech functions. Now, how many of you kids have done sports?"

If they looked out, they'd see Rebekah stepping onto the field with her own custom black and crimson mech. Its design was a mix of strength and streamlined smoothness, with a thick barrel chest and wide shoulders that supported jagged points and heavily armored arms. Its waist was smooth and slender, but its hips flared out enough to support a pair of thick legs. The unit stepped onto the field with unusual grace, and Rebekah waited patiently for the kids to get ready.

[OOC: Rebekah Abrams/Morales' unit looks pretty much like this, only it's a deep red where the images in the link are light blue/bluish gray.]

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:46 pm

"I do martial arts." Kid says, as her brown and green mech emerges from it's mobile hanger. "And skateboarding. And BMX. ...And free running. And parkour. ...And surfing."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:20 pm

"Most of us have played soccer, at least casually," Emily put in, recalling the camping trip. Hope was the possible exception there, future incarnation aside. "I played at school, and dabbled in a few other sports." She'd been enthusiastic and competitive, but hadn't put in the massive amounts of training time some others had.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:27 pm

Max grabs the ladder on either side and uses his boosters to shoot up to the cockpit. It's a pretty short ladder, so it's a pretty unnecessary display, but it's not often that Max has the opportunity, or really, any reason to climb a ladder. It's something he's wanted to try since he saw it in a video game, though. He flips into the cockpit and immediately feels at home.

"YEEEEEEEEAAHH!!" Max's blue and black mech raises its fists into the air. It then steps forward and emphatically places its hand on its chest. "Soccer is my game, and piloting is my job!" The mech points an accusatory, competitive finger at the opposing team. "You guys-" the mech's hand changes from pointing at the Imperial team to pointing at the ground "-are going down!"

Actually, after that display, as Max's connection with his machine deepens and he gets a more complete feel of what it's capable of, it begins to sink in just how old these mecha really are. They may be outmatched in terms of tech, he's still confident his team can win. It takes more than muscle to win a game of soccer. It takes technique, and it takes teamwork. Besides, the Imperial team definitely didn't have a strong showing in their introduction.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:30 am

"Um...yeah, what Emily said. I never played at school or anything, but I've played some for fun!" Sam snickers at Max's display, his excitement more than a little contagious, but he's still working on actually controlling the thing. He does his best to get it going out of its container and forward onto the field, struggling to figure out the controls. He manages some success, but once the actual game starts...he hopes he learns these controls fast!

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:15 pm

No sports, miss... Alexis broadcasts from her dark gray and green mech, flexing the joints slowly as she familiarizes herself with the controls. Surprisingly... simple really. She wondered if normal humans had it this easy controlling these big machines. ...just my training after I became a wunderkind.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:24 pm

Enzo climbed into his mecha quietly, and focused completely on memorizing it's controls and data input/output ports. After sitting down and plugging in, he waited to see if the mecha had any pre-programmed output for him before he tried to do anything with it.

This feels awkward somehow...

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:00 am

Rebekah clears her throat and says, "Before anyone goes down, you must all engage in the most noble sports tradition of them all: warmup laps. I want you all to run around the track three times and meet back here, then the game can begin - I want to see how well you guys can control these units, and decide if anyone needs a handicap. And no bickering, either, you got that?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:38 pm

"Yes, ma'am!" Sam's one of the first out, though he waits for the others on the track before he starts off himself, starting at a slow pace around the track as he gets used to how the mecha runs.

Scarlett doesn't bother waiting for her team, speeding down the track with a wide grin (not that anyone can see it from in the cockpit) at a full-out mecha sprint. A...somewhat wobbly mecha sprint.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs