Child's Play

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: Child's Play

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Enzo's eyes open and he sighs.

"Well, not technically I didn't lie."

He shook his head and looked around.

Juliet should be stable now. Her etherware will be off for the next hour, though, so if she wakes up and we need to coordinate with her, it will have to be audibly spoken communication. How are things going out here?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:20 pm

As Juliet falls over and Enzo wakes up, Sam stumbles back, looking between the two with a fair bit of nervousness, and still very stammery. "...Juliet? Enzo? Is...what happened? Is everything...is she okay? Are you okay? What happened inside, Enzo? What about Byrd?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:11 pm

Alexis just sneered at the woman, she was conflicted about who she was, but she wasn't going to get insulted by this woman...

But the fact that she knew this...

"What do you wa... w... want from us!?" she called out to the woman, glaring.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:18 pm

Everyone Else:

"It's hard to find any material to use against a perfect being," Cranston says matter of factly. "Especially one so young. Now, come with me and there won't be any trouble."

"What?!" Viral shrieks. "Don't listen to her--Come with ME!"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:56 am

"Hey, here's an idea. You two go off with each other and we go home," Emily said, rolling her eyes theatrically, "Because seriously, neither of you make convincing arguments."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 am

"Then how about this?" Viral says, narrowing her eyes into a glare. "Come with me, or I'll detonate an EMP large enough to disrupt every transitional-Wunderkind in Deck City and cause them to melt away to nothing."

"Oh." Cranston says, thinking. "I want to see where this goes."

With that, she turns and returns to her strange vehicle, sitting on the throne once again, and propping her chin up with her fist.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:48 am

Emily's eyes narrowed as she regarded Viral with something between assessment and gradually dawning horror, "You're soulless enough to do it, aren't you?" she asked softly, "If you don't get your way, you'll tear down the world and crown yourself queen of the rubble. Well, you know what? You'd better get started now. Because somebody's going to say no to you one day, and guess what? It's today. Because I can't live under the thumb of somebody who'd do that."

Can anybody disrupt her comms without her knowing? she asked, We can't let her pull that trigger.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:29 pm

"Oh." Viral says. "Well that's okay. You're not even the one I want."

Meanwhile, Kid still slumps in the back, but Silvie is helping...A little. "Yeah, I know she's dumb, but...She's...Right."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:08 am

Oh. Well damn. Assuming Viral wasn't full of poo (after all, she hadn't actually lied before, they just misunderstood her...), this was easily the worst threat that could be made right now. He was getting a handle on this technomancy stuff, but he wasn't sure that he could just 'feel' for an EMP bomb and hope to find it and disarm it before Viral decided to use it, or even confirm it was there if it wasn't right near by. He also knew that he couldn't just jam Viral, not for very long. She was wunderkind too, and if she'd broken into Juliet by force then it was very possible she was better than he was. So that left... support.

Janet, is it possible to create an EMP device big enough to hit the whole city? Do we even know? If it is we're gonna need to calculate where it's most likely to be together real quick and get a team out to it to disable it. I dunno how long Viral will keep letting us stall her, not to mention this other person, but I can't figure out what else to do.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:48 am

If she DOES have one, it's going to be very, very large and very, very central. I'll request Mr Rivendare begin dispatching teams to the downtown district. From what I've picked up through you guys, Viral is transmitting a signal constantly, meaning that while I don't think she's bluffing, I don't think she's telling the complete truth. It's called a dead-man switch, the bomb will go off if her signal stops. All you need to do is match her signal and send one out yourself. The more of us doing it, the better, she'd have to disable every signal including her own to get the bomb to go off. Janet shoots back.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:50 pm

Oh wow. That changed everything, all over again. It was a strange old life.

"Guys, Janet has figured out how Viral would trigger the bomb. So long as we transmit this signal on this frequency- The relevant data was instantly sent to each active member of the team -it can't go off. While we're keeping her busy here and keeping the transmission going, a team is hunting for the bomb to disarm it."

Enzo slowed to a walk, tucking himself away just around the corner from where the others were dealing with Cranston and Viral. He didn't want to just step out in front of their enemies if it wasn't necessary to do so yet. Their move.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:59 pm

As Enzo left the vehicle, assumedly distracted by the bigger concerns that arose so quickly after taking care of Juliet, Sam kept behind, trying to figure out if Juliet's all right, or shut down, or damaged, or...what. He glances up at Enzo's transmission, though, sending off a private response to him, while simultaneously trying to start transmitting that signal he sent as best he's able.

What bomb? What's...there's a bomb here too? Is there anything ...I'm not at Viral, I can help search; is it in the building somewhere?

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:52 am

Well, Emily was glad she hadn't tried to jam Viral's transmissions. That would've ended really, really badly. On it, she sent, starting up the transmission herself, Thanks for that.

"And who are you after?" she went on, glaring at Viral, "Anyone specific, or just whoever won't stand up to you?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:35 am

"I'm trying to get as many of us to join me as I can, but a few missing here or there won't hurt. Especially aberrations, like most of you are."

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:14 am

Max was worried there for a second. Who'd have thought the bomb situation would be that easy to diffuse? Hopefully the bomb itself will be about as easy. He considers helping join in the search, but honestly, until they've accurately assessed how much of a threat Viral and Cranston are, the kids are probably more useful dealing with the two of them. Especially with all the kids mimicing the deadman signal.

"So, first you want us bad enough to whine about it when the school nurse threatens to take us, and now you don't want us 'cause we're 'aberrant' somehow? Which is it? Sounds kind of schizophrenic to me. Are you sure you're the best wunderkind? Because I'm not."

Hey, with all of us sending this signal, is there any way we can figure out where the signal is being recieved?

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:08 pm

This is bad... I'm not doing much good here, Enzo as soon as you can narrow down potential places for the EMP to be located at, I will try to find it...

Alexis didn't take her eyes of the older woman... shards of ice forming at the tip of her fingers, crackling and then falling off to shatter at the ground.

Not much else I can do I'm afraid... I'm not a combat model...

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Signals don't work that way. Anything that transmits does so in a kind of ever expanding bubble. If anything, the signal's we're transmitting could be used to triangulate our own position. Not that we have any reason to think that, with a wunderkind already here staring us in the face. And unless there's a fight I have officially done everything I can here. D52 is on the case, sending teams out to look for the device in the central parts of the city, probably hidden in the sewers or a tall building or something, since that wouldn't actually block the pulse. There's not much we could do to help out there either, I think. So... Uhm.

He paused for a moment. He wasn't really sure to put this without sounding stupid.

Now that Viral almost isn't a threat... How do you guys wanna move forward?

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:33 am

Mission: Thirteen
Deck City: Open Air Mall
March 12, 3756
7:10 PM

"So as you can see, I clearly have the upper hand here!" Viral boasts, grinning wickedly with her hands on her hips, before her expression darkens, and her output of the bomb signal drops. "Though I regret to inform you that the signal you're amplifying for me is also signalling MY Wunderkind to this locati-"

"Your family is not coming!"

Viral's eyes shoot skyward, as do Cranston's and Sin's. A single tone breaks the silence, before being accompanied by a singing voice, then another- A voice very familiar to Alexis; her mother's singing voice.

Floating above the group is Thirteen- The future Thirteen. Decked out in her blue and white armor, she simply floats a few dozen feet in the air, eight long blades floating at her back like wings. She stares down at Viral through an armored visor, a single red light visible through it. "I've already defeated them." Thirteen adds. "Thoroughly."

"Finally." Viral says, "I was beginning to think I was wasting my time."

The tension is again broken by a sound at ground level- A loud metal clattering. A young boy and his smaller brother seem to have been caught in one of the nearby stores, and tried to escape while Thirteen had Viral's attention. Viral looks back down, her grin turning sadistic. "New recruits!"

Cranston stands from her throne, gesturing widely at the boys. "Wrong, child! Blood for the blood god! Lelorniel!"

Then, a blur. A shadow darts out from between two buildings. The older boy hunkers over his brother to protect him, before...CLANG! Sparks fly as the shadow suddenly slows down to a human pace. The children see him as a very tall, lanky man in black and red armor that seems to be clouded in shadow. He carries a long curved sword that would be very deadly, had it not been caught- Caught by a short woman with a large, monstrous claw for a left hand. She bears dagger-like teeth towards the man, raising her right hand and wagging her finger back and forth at him.

Viral darts forward, only to be stopped by all eight of Thirteen's swords speeding down, embedding into the ground and imprisoning Viral, Thirteen herself floating down shortly after. "No." Thirteen says simply. "Not today."

Kid looks between the two pairs of combatants, then to the boys, then to Cranston- Then to her brothers and sisters assembled. "Uh, what the heck is going on!?"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:20 am

Enzo poked his head around the corner. What in the f-
Code: Select all
Image captured. Sending to server... Sent.

Who the hell were these people?
Image captured from source SYMO002. Sending to server... Sent.

Why were they here?
Image captured from source ALCL004. Sending to server... Sent.

... And what the hell were they supposed to do about it?!
Image captured from source EMLHA010. Sending to server... Sent.

Other than taking copious numbers of pictures from multiple angles and sending them back to base, of course.
Image captured from source MAHA010. Sending to server... Sent.
Image captured from source KIOS009. Sending to server... Sent.

That was just obvious.

He sent Janet an alert with a link to the folder where the images were stored. He had a feeling the people at HQ would know better what to do about all this than he did. However now that the photos had been sent and they were waiting for word from HQ about the various unidentified people and creatures, something else hit home: Those kids were still trapped between the lady with the claw and the giant with the huge sword. Thirteen was busy and everyone else was a completely unknown except for Cranston and the Giant that answered to her. That left things up to the team.

We've got to get those kids out of there! Max and Emmy, you've got the best shot! The rest of us can cover you! Don't use the XLR8 after you've got them, they'll slip right away from you!

He went to slot his electricity chip and realized he'd given it to Sam. Damn. He ejected his cattle-prod-cane and caught it deftly, heading out into the open to join the others. The business end of the cane opened and crackled with electricity as he ran right at "Lelorniel" and the unknown woman. He probably couldn't do much, but he didn't feel like he could hang back this time. Those kids were a hell of a lot squishier than he was after all. He was starting to wish he'd just gone ahead and let Byrd come on out...

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:54 pm

This definitely put a different spin on things. Emily sheathed her sword and made a quick dash for the kids, trusting the others to give her cover. They couldn't let defenseless kids get caught up in this.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Emily dashes for the two boys- She can easily grab the smaller one, Max may need to grab the larger. But they'll have them out of there in just a second.

Meanwhile, Enzo joins the fray between Lelorniel and the short woman. She's wearing a modified, tattered Imperial soldier's uniform, and seems to be easily keeping the giant at bay. As Enzo joins the fray, she shoots him a look, and grins at him with dark green eyes and wicked sharp teeth. "Hey kid. Nice hands."

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:16 pm

He should probably be in awe, but Max just throws his hands up as if to say "Really?" This whole thing is absolutely absurd. Who else is going to show up to this clusterfuck? Ellastic? That crazy dude in the purple zoot suit? The floating ravioli creature? Maybe if Max wished really hard it will start raining sentient robot deli sandwiches, proclaiming the glory of marble rye and kosher pickles.

Max doesn't have long to sulk, though. Civilian life takes piority over teen angst. He follows after Emily and attempts to rescue the larger of the two brothers.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Whatever stores of confidence Enzo had when he'd rushed in to run interference for the other quickly drained out of him when the woman with the oddly familiar claw arm mentioned his hands. It was like he knew her from somewhere and she was terrifying.

She also wasn't attacking him, though, and hadn't attacked the kids. He stammered in vain as he tried to make words come out, while delivering the odd shock from the end of his cane to Lelorniel- or, to be more accurate, where his limbs would have been just the moment before he moved. He forced the words out haltingly:

"W-Who ah-are y-y-y-you?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Alexis had been observing from a distance, having backed away as it became more obvious that she couldn't damage their new suspects...

Enzo... I'm running short of ideas of what to do... Do you want me to fall back and make sure no more backup shows up? I guess... I can do that.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Everyone:

"My name's Envy." the woman replies, parrying an attack from Lelorniel. "I know who took your hands. And probably why."

Sam:

As the events unfold several floors above the submerged parking garage, Juliet begins to twitch and spark.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Listening into what communications he can and keeping an eye out for anyone coming after Juliet, it takes a moment for Sam to realize what he's hearing. He jumps with a start before kneeling back at Juliet's side, giving her a light shake. "Juliet? What...are you okay?" Though he doesn't know hardly anything about engineering stuff, he tries giving her a quick check-over to make sure there's not something obvious enough that even he'd notice it. At the same time, he makes a quick check for any new braodcasts around, in case someone might be trying to hack into her head again.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Envy, odd name. He'd comment if she weren't still utterly terrifying for reasons that Enzo couldn't place. He needed to answer Alexis.

I'm not sure Alexis. This... If you don't have a clear shot on any of the obvious bad guys, you could check on Sam and Juliet...? I'm sorry, I'm kind of... distracted

"I... if... uhm."

He continued in vain to strike Lelorniel, and push words out. This was awkward. Is this how Grownups fought? Casually talking while trying not to die messily?

"I'dbeveryinterestedto... uh... uh..."

Swipe, thrust, flail-

"hearwhatyouknowwhenwe'redonehere-!"

It ended in a squeak. Well, at 13 you could afford not to be dignified.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:22 am

With the enemy occupied and the kids secured, Emily boosted skywards, making for the closest concentration of police maintainng the perimeter. "Don't worry, you're going to be fine," she said, doing her best to sound comforting. Suddenly finding yourself dangling from somebody's arms a considerable distance up wasn't exactly going to be a fun experience, quite aside from the lead-up.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Okay, kids are safe, Enzo's up there distracting the heck out of claw woman - no, she's distracting him! He might need a hand soon, but first, she checks to see what the others are doing.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:04 am

Max and Emily:

The boys look down- Their hearts pounding loud enough that the pair can hear them easily with their greatly enhanced hearing. "Are you...Super heroes?" The younger asks, as lightning once again cracks the sky.

Sam:

Juliet sparks again, before twitching, and beginning to wake up. "Ugh...What happened?"

Everyone Else:

Kid tenses up, but seems unsure of who, exactly, to attack here.

Envy glances down at Enzo, grinning with wickedly sharp teeth. "Don't worry, kid. You'll be fine! I'm on your side, and this rotting piece of meat..." Envy turns her grin towards Lelorniel, her eyes darkening...Yet somehow glowing. "He's just my chew toy."

Meanwhile! Viral reaches to her sides, pulling a pair of Thirteen's swords out and bringing them to bear. As she does, they shimmer and spark, changing colors to match Viral's color scheme instead of Thirteen's. She takes a wild swing, causing Thirteen to pull her wings back and shield herself- The two seem to be suddenly engaged in a pretty fast paced battle now.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:06 pm

"Uh...I dunno. Enzo had to deep-dive in you to stop Byrd from coming out, and...um...I guess it worked? And then you passed out, and then now you started sparking...are you okay, Juliet? Do you feel okay?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:36 pm

"Sort of, yeah," Emily said, "We're kind of new at it, but I think we're doing okay."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Okay, so she couldn't get to zombie boy, and as for Viral...well, Thirteen could take care of herself, right? But Enzo still worried her. Time to check up on him.

Hey, she said in a private message, You look like you're starting to freak out up there. And that's starting to make me freak out a little! Everything cool up there?

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:51 pm

There was a pause before Silvie got a reply. The reply she got was a bit panicky and if it was possible it sounded like Enzo might be hyperventilating.

SheknowsthingsaboutmeandIguesssheseemsfriendlybutI'mtryingtofightagiantfreakymannexttoherand-

There was another pause, before he started again sounding almost if not quite calm.

I am starting to freak out but other than that I'm fine really. Are the kids a safe distance away I really don't want to be here oh god I don't.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Max and Emily:

The children seem safe for now, the twins having a good hold on them. From the direction of the Deck Pyramid, the pair can hear the sound of helicopters- At least six- Coming. And from beyond it, the airforce and mech base, they can hear multiple jets and mechs beginning to warm up.

D-52 is about to come in hard.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:48 pm

"Yeah. You two are gonna be okay." Max is reasonably satisfied by his sister's handling of the superhero question. And then he hears... whoa. This is big.

Hey guys, I hope you haven't reached your maximum threshold of insanity yet 'cause D52 is about to bring in some big guns. I'm talking jets and helicoptors and mechs (oh my). I... I honestly have no idea what to even recommend we do in this situation. He thinks for a second and then turns to Emily. We should probably get these kids to the APC instead of flying them around while armageddon is going on below.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:25 pm

I don't know, Emily sent, The APC might be a target. There should be some cops or someone maintaining a perimeter. Let's drop the kids with them. She set about trying to pick out such people, though if there were none to be seen, she'd go with the APC.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:26 am

You two made sure the kids were safe, right? That question was directed towards the pilots, but it was a message for everyone, especially Enzo. Then lets get out of here!

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:15 pm

Alexis had moved to where Sam and Juliet was, silently acknowledging the suggestion as she wondered how much longer this would go on. She felt like a minor nuisance in all this... And if things didn't make a turn for the better soon...

Anyone, what are our chances of cleaning this whole thing up without casualties? I have no idea who our allies or enemies are right now, and if they keep at this, this whole thing could turn out real ugly... maybe... if one of us turned themselves over to... uh... one of them, we'd get them to at least leave for now? We're in the middle of a city, people's lives could be at stake here.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:31 am

Nobody is turning themselves over to anybody, Emily sent decisively, Anybody tries it, I swear I'll escalate things myself. Giving in to these people would only encourage them, and frankly, she'd like to get whatever people they already had out of their hands.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs