Child's Play

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Child's Play

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Tensions seemed to have been defused for now, so Emily led the way towards the exit, intent on tracking down Juliet wherever she might be in the forest.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:29 pm

"Where do you think you're going?" Byrd asks. "You're not going to be able to find her."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:05 am

"If you say so," Emily said, turning back to regard Byrd, "Would you care to give us directions, in that case?" She'd assumed that searching the woods wouldn't take all that long between them, but who knew what rules held sway inside Juliet's head, or how large the woods were? If Byrd was willing to speed things up, well and good.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:01 pm

Alexis hadn't moved an inch as everything down below had happened, her aim just as steady on Byrd as it had been. But she'd been listening in on what had happened between Sam and Silvie and her lips became a pencil-line on her face as she bit into them hard. She wanted to go down there and be with him, maybe even hug him... but that would mean revealing herself and dropping her position. It wasn't until Emily started walking towards the exit that she shifted slightly.

Are we done in here? Are we just going to leavy Byrd? Can't we at least... tie her up or something, in case she decides that she's better off without us snooping around...

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue May 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Enzo calmed down marginally as it became more and more obvious that the situation had been diffused. For now, at least. He went to check on Hope, since Silvie had Sam in hand. He wasn't receiving any error warnings from her, but he had a feeling that Sam wouldn't be the only one who needed a hand to get up and move.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Hope was still sitting on the stone floor, bawling her eyes out.

...If she is really a young Thirteen, she has a lot of growing to do.

Meanwhile, Byrd rolls her eyes. "I can hear your transmissions, you know. I'm the one holding us both back. I'm the one who's going to kill us! But only because SHE wants it! She'd rather die than have me as a part of her!"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Still standing behind Emily, Sam shakes his head briskly, wiping at his eyes. He doesn't speak louder than a mutter, but at least he's speaking now. "...n...nuh uh. You're lying. No one'd wanna die..."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed May 16, 2012 5:09 pm

Enzo tried to help Hope towards the door.

"It's fine... It's ok now. Let's... let's go, ok?"

He felt awkward comforting her, after completely locking up just a few moments before.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun May 20, 2012 10:18 am

Alexis was surprised, she'd assumed she'd only been broadcasting to the other children and screening Byrd... but she couldn't screen other wunderkind, weird.

You're being of absolutely no help right now. You can stay here and mope and not do anything, or you help us track her down and make her come to her senses.

She was talking a lot more confidently than how she felt.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:33 pm

"Wow!" Byrd says. "You guys are idiots!"

She begins to laugh heartily, climbing back up on top of the altar. "You can find her all you want. But you realize I'm the one who's doing this, right? Not her. She doesn't accept me, even though I'm part of her. I'm the one stopping her from reactivating."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:44 pm

"Yes, Byrd, but you're only half the problem. You're causing trouble because you can't reach some kind of accommodation with Juliet. To fix things, we need both of you on board, which means finding Juliet and bringing her back here. Now, can you help with that, or should we just start blundering about in the woods?" Emily was sounding rather acerbic. Standing around talking while things became progressively worse didn't appeal to her; she wanted action, even if it was action performed so as to talk later.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Staring at Byrd, Sam shouts out in a sudden snap, his entire body shaking. "See, you lied! Ju...Juliet doesn't wanna die! No one wants t'die! You're a liar!"

As suddenly as he called out, he falls silent again, squeezing his arms around himself. Crying almost as badly as Hope at this point, if more quietly, he glances around the woods. Part of his mind still has enough sense to look out for any sign of where Juliet might've gone. He tenses up, ready to dart away again, though at least not towards Byrd this time.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Wait, she said. Maybe...maybe she doesn't want to die. Like, die die. Maybe it's like she's - okay, okay, let's say you're running away from like, a bear or something, right? And the only way to escape is to jump off this big, big waterfall. If you jump, you'll live, but it's still scary, right? You get what I mean?

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Silvie's message gave Enzo pause for a moment. It worked, with the blinding hate Juliet had for her other half.

I... can kind of see that, yeah. That would sure help at least. If she does want to... well, if you're right we have a lot better starting point anyway. I hope it's like that.

He continued ushering Hope towards the exit. He found himself wanting to answer Byrd, to say something about how he didn't mean for things to go the way they had... but as he opened his mouth a little to start, he couldn't seem to find his voice. She was scary. God dammit.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:10 pm

At Silvie's words, Sam hesitantly nods, seeming to calm a little. Y...yeah...yeah, I bet you're...yeah, you're right. Th...that's...yeah, Silvie...

His eyes still dart about the area, settling on a door to Byrd's left. ...we just needa...we needa find her, and talk to her, and everything'll be all right!

At that, he darts towards the door, bursting through and rushing on through the woods, hunting for Juliet.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:31 am

Alexis slipped away from the roof of the church as they settled on trying to find Juliet. She didn't care for the girl at all, but they were a team damn it, and a team was only as strong as the weakest link.

I'll keep to the treetops, see if I can spot anything from above. I'll update Enzo with everything I see...

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:10 am

Max has been staring intently at Byrd this whole time. Fortunately, Enzo went to tend to Hope; someone needed to, and if he hadn't stepped up, it would have been Max.

"You're the idiot." Max responds, flatly. "Enzo over there was somehow able to change the nature of lycanthropy. It's not supposed to work like this, right? It's supposed to be a time share, with strict rules, right? We do have the power to help you -- both of you -- but you're busy being angry, violent, hurt, and resigned to fate to see us as a possible solution. Hell, I don't know what you're seeing when you look at us right now. You keep saying 'she's making me do this!', but you're also saying 'I'm the one who's doing this!' You need to decide whether you're a victim or an aggressor. Or -- here's a thought -- how about you decide not to take a role defined by Juliet's actions and do something for yourself instead? Help us set you free."

Max looks over to Enzo, who's clearly been trying to say something. If you've got something to say, man, you should probably just say it.
Last edited by BrainWalker on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Well damn. Now he was on the spot. Enzo was still nervous, but he waited in the doorway long enough to stammer out:

"I... I'm sorry, Byrd. You're right, about me at least. This is... it's my fault. I didn't think about how Juliet could use my f-fix against you. I didn't mean for her to use it to lock you away. I just didn't want our enemies to be able to c-control you two."

He stopped there, unsure if he should add anything. Byrd was already kind of pissed, and this probably wasn't actually going to help. He still had to say it for some reason though.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:11 pm

As a few dart out the door, and Enzo lingers briefly. As he speaks, Byrd's head tilts slightly to the side, looking very much like a confused dog. As he finished, she leaps down, landing softly in front of him.

He notices, immediately, her features seem to have softened. Rather than the fierce animal she's carried herself as, she's more curious now. She sniffs at him for a moment, before grinning widely at him- Not just bearing teeth, but grinning happily. "See, that's ALL I WANTED."

Byrd suddenly hugs Enzo, before darting out before him. "C'mon, dummies! We have to go find Juliet before she gets us both killed!"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Wut. Did... was he just hugged? For saying sorry? To a werewolf girl? He was completely nonplussed, and his face showed it. However, she was also running past them now. They would lose her if they didn't hustle. Or maybe she'd wait for the slower kids. Enzo broke into a run to follow her, considering for the first time that they knew almost literally nothing about Byrd from personal experience. Maybe he hadn't needed to do anything about her forced transformation on their last outing at all. Now probably wasn't the best time to continue mulling over things, though.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Max blinks, dumbfounded. That's it? All that tension cut by a simple apology? Wow, maybe they all really were idiots. Clearly they'd forgotten who they were talking to.

Max makes a mental note that melodrama is completely ineffective in dealing with Byrd and follows after the rest of the kids, stopping to check up on Hope first.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:46 am

Well, that had been... Unexpected, to say the least. It did suggest that Byrd had been hurt and angry, rather than overtly hostile. Still, Emily wasn't about to entirely let her off the hook for threatening Hope for a while yet. Right now though, finding Juliet and getting some sort of resolution between the two was top priority. Somehow though, she doubted talking Juliet around was going to be at all easy. Still, the sooner they got started, the better, she reflected, falling in behind Byrd under the theory that she knew where they were going.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Whoa that was... surprising? But kind of obvious, now that she thought about it. Is there a word for things that are both at the same time? Anyway, unexpected or not, Byrd was on their side now Silvie sighed in relief and ran to catch up with the others.

So! Where do we look first?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:54 pm

Meanwhile, Sam has no clue of any of the events on Byrd's sudden reversal. He stays utterly focused on charging forwards through the woods even as others emerge by this point far behind him, looking for any sign of Juliet, any hint where she might have gone. He knows that if he finds Juliet then everything will be all right, that no one will die. That's all that matters at this point.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:09 am

Alexis, just as Sam, was far too far away to notice the sudden change in mood, the apology and the heartfelt forgiving that followed it, but somehow she eased up a little, her tense muscles relaxing as she jumped between the trees, barely making a sound as she continued her search for Juliet.

Sam, do you see anything down there? Can't say my sight is perfect, lots of branches here, hardly any... no, there's no wildlife at all as far as I can tell. Makes sense, but it means this place is completely overgrown... I might move down to you.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:10 pm

I...I dunno...

Sam barely even pays much attention to what's around him as he focuses ahead, knowing he has to find Juliet but hardly thinking on how. Before he can say more to Alexis, though, he's startled by Byrd's appearance as she quickly overtakes him, bounding ahead on all fours.

...no, no, no...

He picks up speed, trying to catch up to her, having completely misunderstood the situation. Terrified of what might happen if Byrd gets to Juliet first, he presses onwards as fast as he can manage, though it's hardly anything compared to her speed. As it sinks in how poor his chances are, he collapses against a tree, not even hearing the others coming up behind; even if he can't be exhausted, by now he's more than drained emotionally. His broadcast is oddly quiet, as if he can barely manage to transmit.

Byrd, she...where's she going? W...what...no, she...someone's gotta...

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Hope:

Those staying with Hope notice that she's quiet. Not crying her eyes out anymore, though tears are still slowly streaming down her face. She looks scared, confused, and...Like she's not entirely there.

Byrd:

Byrd effortlessly slogs through the deep mud and the now pouring rain, dashing past the group on all fours. She slows a bit, standing into a hunched position and sniffing at the air. "She ain't here." Byrd says simply. "She's been runnin', probably tryin' to get away from me."

Byrd spins on the heel of her boots, watching as the rest of the group catches up. "You shouldn't hate us. It's not our fault. We never wanted to be this way, or any way. They've been trying to figure out how to get rid of me since they found out she was cursed, or...Whatever. They thought turning her into a Wunderkind would get rid of me. I think it just made me stronger, and now she doesn't know what to do. That's why she's so angry all the time!"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:22 am

Couldn't they just... put you in your own body or something?

Alexis wasn't paying much attention to the discussion, truth be told, but it bothered her that everyone was trying to get rid of the part of the duo that she actually agreed with.

She skipped down a few branches and waited over Byrd, looking down at her.

How big is this place anyway?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Sam skids to a halt, listening to Byrd with astonishment as he wipes at his face with his arm. "Y...you're not...y'don't wanna...y'aren't gonna hurt her? Y'wanna help her now?" His legs shake, and it looks as if he might collapse at any moment, but a hesitant, hopeful smile just starts to break at one corner of his mouth.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:25 pm

Byrd shrugs. "They don't know how to pull us apart. We're the same person. That's why I don't wanna hurt her, dummy."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:23 pm

"The trick is to convinve Juliette of that," Emily pointed out. Just how they were going to do that, she had no idea. It wasn't a message she'd be well disposed to hear. "We have to find her first, mind you," she concluded, casting about for any indications of which way to go next.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 pm

It occurred to Enzo suddenly that they were doing this the hard way.

"Byrd, this is your body and mind too. I guess I didn't think about it before, but you should be able to just concentrate on Juliet and know more or less where she is. Have you tried?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:39 pm

"I know where she is!" Byrd insists. "I can smell her. She's just been running like this whole time. Like she's trying to get away from us."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:55 pm

"Oh. Uhm. Hm. Well..."

He considered for a moment. They were kind of on a timer here, and so long as Juliet could just run away there was no garuntee they'd talk to her in time, let alone convince her to stop the madness. He tried to think what he could do, or any of them could do, to fix this. The first answer was that, of course, Max and Emily could fly. Even then, though, Juliet knew this place in and out, and controlled it. He had a feeling that if she wanted to, Juliet could make it impossible to find her from the air. As he debated, and idea struck him. Why not? They were files, and the system responded to him...

"Tell me where she is in the system. I'm gonna try something."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:38 pm

"Go up about two more city blocks." Byrd says. "Then stumble, roll down the hill, bounce off some trees and there's a stream down there. She's running along the stream now!"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Sam nods, looking to Enzo before he runs off yet again. Things are calmer now, things feel as if they might be getting better. He's hopeful now, if slightly. If he runs off again now, things might just get worse; he needs to stay with everyone.

He doesn't stay still, though. Looking over to Byrd, he approaches her hesitantly, worried she might think he wants to attack again. Once close enough, if she doesn't do anything to fend him off, he pulls her into a tight hug, shaking just a slight bit.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Alexis follows along with Sam, wondering if they will be able to find Juliet in time.

Do we really have to do all that? Can't we just... run down the hill?

She doesn't know if Byrd means it literally, but you never know inside a digital world...

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:29 pm

"I'm just going by what she did." Byrd says, shrugging. "If you just run straight down, maybe you don't end up in the same pla--ACK!"

Byrd is interrupted by being pulled into a tight hug by Sam. She just sits there for a moment, fidgeting awkwardly and giving Sam a long look with her lupine yellow eyes.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:05 am

Enzo nodded, thinking hard about the general idea of the location Byrde had described. He wasn't sure if this could happen, but no one had ever said it couldn't happen. They were data, so they could move pretty instantly from one place to another. They were just used to moving around manually from the days when they were human. So maybe he could just... sort of... appear where he wanted to be? He willed it to happen, unsure what to do but feeling like it should work.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:34 am

Sam doesn't care about the look she's giving him - he likely doesn't even notice it. He just keeps hugging her for a time, beyond relieved about Byrd now.

Still, he does eventually let her go, looking much better now than he had for a while. With a slight sniff, he looks around, his mind finally catching up to the situation. "Yeah...maybe. Computer spaces are weird. But...that doesn't sound too hard, or we could...we could try just going straight too, yeah. Maybe...try that first, an' come back if we go somewhere weird?"

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs