Child's Play

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Child's Play

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:14 am

As the brawl between Envy and Lelorniel continues, Envy seems to be getting the upper hand, parrying his sword with her oversized claw-fist and then punching him in the face hard enough to cause him to spin. It's interesting, watching a woman of her short stature connect such a blow to an eight foot tall behemoth. Lelorniel jumps back as the sounds of choppers get closer and closer. Envy rolls her shoulder and cracks her neck, before making a gesture beckoning him to 'bring it', as it were.

Meanwhile, Viral continues to take wild swings at Thirteen with the swords she's corrupted, Thirteen easily parrying with her wings in a very unique style consisting of a lot of full body movement. Neither seems to be wearing out, though Viral seems to be losing her cool while Thirteen is as steady as ever.

And then everything grinds to a fast halt as a small fleet of helicopters dart in from above. Floodlights flash on, lighting the area up further as the rain continues to pour, sheeting off the Winderkind's bodies. The bay doors of the helicopters open, with Diamond Division solders in full combat armor leaning out and pointing their automatic weapons at...Well, basically everyone that's not a D-52 Wunderkind.

Rivendare throws the door of his chopper open, grabbing a mic and shouting down. "This is the Diamond Division! We have you surrounded!"

Viral looks up, and grins widely, a sadistic look on her face. "You made a big mistake, bringing those her-"

Before she can finish, one of Thirteen's time rifts appears behind her- and Thirteen simply boots her into it. "You really shouldn't talk so much." Thirteen turns to the Wunderkind, nodding to them, before making her escape through a second rift.

Lelorniel sinks into the shadows, as Envy raises her hands in surrender, rolling her eyes.

Finally, Cranston sicks back on her throne, which seems to become transparent...And then just fade away.

"...Or that's fine too!" Rivendare says over the loudspeaker. "You can all just teleport away because you're HAX."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:40 pm

Sam looks off towards the battlefield, listening to what he can make out from the fighting and the channel to Enzo. As everything is wrapped up, Sam looks back to Juliet, grinning. "Okay, I think it's safe to come out now! Are you...d'you think you're feeling okay enough to walk?"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:24 am

And just like that, before Enzo could even respond to Silvie, everyone had left. Enzo absently deactived and put his cane away while taking a step back from Envy. He was still rattled and found himself feeling stymied that this body didn't really have any reason to convey his emotional rush and sudden crash. He pushed annoyance away, everything was ok and no one had been captured or killed or anything and that was a weird thing to be bothered by anyway. Probably.

I... I guess that's that, then? Is everyone alright?

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:35 am

I'm fine... still feeling like a minor leaguer going up against the premier all-stars...

Alexis landed softly next to Enzo, whipping her hair back angrily. How are we supposed to deal with these bastards? They come in, wreck havoc, taunt us for being helpless, which we are since we can't even scratch them, then they just teleport away and we're standing there with our wunderoos down.

She rubbed the bridge of her nose slowly. Maybe we should stick to catching thieves and robbers...

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Emily rejoined the others after dropping the kids off, looking round at the battle site, I'm not sue we can just stick to the minor stuff., she sent, If the people who turned up today are anything to go by, there's a whole bunch of nasty factions out there out to rope us and any other wunderkind into their private armies. Somebody has to oppose them, and I say it should be us.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:29 am

Emily's right, she said. Even if we stick to the small stuff, the big stuff's still gonna chase it down, whether we like it or not! And I say we fight, before....before this happens again.

Despite her bravado Silvie was still left shaken on the inside. All these new people, who she didn't know even existed til now, were on their tail...she felt she should be excited about this. Finally, they had villains of their own to fight, besides Attezen! But now that they had them, they were more frightening than fun. If only she knew more about them, and more importantly, where they stood with them...

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:27 pm

What do we have to worry about? Kid says, crossing her arms, looking at Envy. We're the best team on the planet. We're the ORIGINAL Wunderkind. We're real life super heroes. We can take ANYTHING that comes our way. We were just blindsided!

----

Juliet twitches, and closes her eyes. "...My systems are normal again. I'm fine to go."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:10 pm

Yeah, she's right, she said, her mental voice more confident now. We're the originals - they're just copycats!

She felt her usual bravado return, but deep down, the uncertainty remained. Did she speak sincerely, or merely to bolster her own spirits?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:30 pm

Grinning with relief, Sam pulls Juliet up and tugs her back to the battlefield, running as quickly as he can with her. Once they arrive, he looks around, taking in what's left of the scene, and the other D52 men still about cleaning up.

"...is everyone all right? I'm sorry about running off, but I hadda make sure she was okay..."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:23 am

As the Diamonds did their thing Enzo stayed near Envy, if not too close. He screwed his courage up and asked the scarey lady the only question on his mind right this second.

"Who are you, and what do you know about what happened to me...?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:26 pm

"My name's Envy." Envy says, not bothering to turn to Enzo, or even lower her arms. "You know, like one of the seven deadly sins? Jealousy. I know who took your hands, and I know why."

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Well. That ended rather abruptly. And non-violently. Which is probably for the best. Max returns with Emily. Hopefully those kids will be okay. Max felt like saying something about there needing to be a response if threats like those guys are going to be showing up, but Emily basically already said exactly what he would have said.

He notices Sam and Juliet approaching the group. Oh, hey, Juliet, what's up? You-- Suddenly Max remembers what Enzo said about her etherware being down. Actually... now that the immediate danger has passed and he's free to think about it, why would her etherware have to be offline? Well, anyway: "Hey, Juliet. You totally missed the madness. How are you feeling?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:25 pm

Kid. Don't pretend. We were completely outmatched.

Alexis shot her a surly look. They didn't kill us because they were too busy fighting with each other. We're small fry to them... don't matter if we're the original or not...

She brushed a hand through some errant wisps of her hair, looking around, This isn't exactly the first time we've been saved by circumstances...

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Then we just need to get bigger. Kid said firmly. We can keep worrying that we'll never compare with them, or we can do everything we can to switch positions with them.

Juliet takes a brief look around, then looks intently at everyone- Checking their status, no doubt. "I had more than my share of excitement. Trust me."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:38 pm

Absolutely,Emily put in, I'm not convinced they're all that far ahead. And let's not forget we've got people on our side, as opposed to skulking about in the shadows. That's got to count for something.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Max nods to Juliet, relatively satisfied with her response. If she's being brief and getting right back to her job, she must be doing relatively ok. He turns to the conversation between Emily, Kid, and Alexis.

Kid's right. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Deck decided to give us some more beef as a direct result of this... craziness.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:49 pm

...Huh? More beef? What do you mean, Max?

As he sends off that message, Sam thinks about the conversation going on now. It must've been a busy time from the sound of things...but he's not worried! Everyone's okay, so things turned out good, and maybe they just need to train more so they'll be more ready for next time!

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Enzo hesitated before replying. He wasn't completely sure he wanted to know, now that he had the answers standing just in front of him. Possibly, anyway. She could be lying, but it didn't seem likely. He steeled himself and asked.

"Who, and why?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Envy scoffs, like the answer SHOULD be obvious. "Pride, obviously. Because your hands were more skillful than his."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Enzo looked at Envy with a mix of confusion and suspicion.

"I... What? That doesn't even make sense. I mean, there's hundreds or thousands of people who are better at art and music than I am. Also, wouldn't that be like... jealousy? Like..."

he backed off from Envy a pace.

"Your theme, if that's how it works?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:59 pm

"Yeah." Envy says. "Something like that."

She leans in- Not terribly far, being as short as she is- To look at Enzo hard. "Don't worry, kid. You've got nothing I want."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Enzo nodded slowly, keeping his eyes on her the whole way. He wasn't strictly sure that he trusted her, but he supposed that it was something of a comfort that she said she didn't want anything with him. Other than talking to him, and fighting the people they were fighting. He supposed that made them allies. Kind of.

God she was scary looking though. He turned and headed back over to where the other wunderkind were. "Thanks Envy... 'Scuz me."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:03 pm

Enzo returns to the others without incident. What was that about? Kid asks.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Just... a painful memory. I might have a score to settle. I dunno, she could be lying too. If it turns out to be anything, I'll tell you what's going on. I'd definitely want help if I decided to do something about it.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Okay...Well...What now, guys?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Well...everything's okay now, right? So...I guess go check in with Mr. Rivendare and tell him about all the stuff that happened?

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:34 pm

Max turns to Sam and addresses his question. You know... beef. Muscle. Power. That kind of thing.

"Anyway, if we're talking about what we're doing next, let's not forget to include Juliet in the conversation." Max crosses his arms. "This whole thing was a giant mess and I'm glad it's over. For now. Honestly I can't wait to get away from interdimensional mechanical squid-thrones and constantly bleeding androids. Plus we need to get Julie here-" Max absent-mindedly glances over at Enzo for half a second "-back online, and figure out what to do about... young Thirteen? We're going to have to come up with a better way to differentiate between the two of them."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:41 pm

"...Well...um...does she have a name besides Thirteen? We could just call her that."

"...Squid-thrones? Bleeding androids? What all kinda stuff did I miss even?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:36 pm

"And how did Viral even get here? Unless they have a base hidden nearby, we're kind of out of the way without transport, aren't we?" Kid asks.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:55 pm

"Juliet's etherware will reboot soon on it's own-"

He paused for a moment as he turned to face her directly.

"But now that Viral's gone I think you should be able to just turn it back on yourself. Just think real hard about wanting it to start running again."

He directed his thoughts towards young Thirteen, hoping they weren't about to do ruinous things to time by being straight with her. It didn't occur to him that they could just lie about it, that wouldn't be cool. Right?
So hey, what's your name, new kid?

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:58 pm

My name...? Young Thirteen repeats. I don't...Remember my name...

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Wait, what?

Really? Uhm, sorry. Well, I guess I should ask what you do remember. Are you feeling ok? I hope I didn't freak you out too much just now...

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:02 pm

I still feel weird. I only remember recently, getting smaller and the new clothes appearing under my old ones...

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:10 pm

"Uhm. I'll get back to you about her name. And... That's a good question Kid. Her plan obviously means she had a whole lot of prep time here, though. That makes me think that, assuming she wasn't lying to us about the bomb, she's been in hiding here on the Deck for a long time. She needed to move in, place, build and test a bomb. Then she had to figure out where and when she was going to find Thirteen..."

He stops for a minute, and his face fell as he went on.

"I guess we also have to consider that she might be a time traveller herself. If that's true, then she could be pretty much jump in and out whenever and where ever she wanted. I guess for the moment we don't know much more than we did coming in, do we?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:23 pm

"I don't think she was a time traveler." Kid says. "Thirteen always seems to know what's going to happen and when. Viral acted like she was trying to draw Thirteen out...Didn't she?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:57 pm

"Yeah...and plus if she was a time traveler, wouldn't she have known about all the other people and stuff that you guys said showed up?"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:50 am

He considered his siblings words and then nodded.

"Yeah, you're right. So then we're back to her spending a whole lot of time here, staying under the radar while she gets ready to make her move. That's something we could work with at least."

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:04 pm

"Well, however Viral got here, she clearly left without it. You know, since she got kicked into a... one of Thirteen's portal things. I'd like to look around and see if she left any of that 'superior technology' she's so proud of about around here somewhere." Max tilts his head and thinks for a second. "Yeah, I'm gonna do that. Anyone else?"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:09 am

Huh. He hadn't thought of that. That could be really, really useful.

"Count me in."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:58 am

"We'd better check if there's anybody else still lying low," Emily said, "I'll take care of that." The kids had gone to ground rather than running, and perhaps others had as well. They should be alright; there hadn't been all that much rampant destruction, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs