Precinct: The Godswallowers (closed M&M RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: Precinct: The Godswallowers (closed M&M RP)

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:29 pm

Rick was quite content with what he found. It seemed like they had come onto a very quiet area of the world, which was great because they were not going to fit in with the local populace. In fact, the best thing for them to do would be to avoid all population centers all together, unless absolutely necessary. After he finished his voyeurism, he zipped his mind's eye back into the cave and popped back into his own mind. As his consciousness traveled, though, his ears back in the cave heard what he can only describe as panic. He even heard someone fire off a weapon. Before his mind even returned to his body, he reached a hand into his jacket and retrieved his metal bat, thumbing the button on the side to activate the electrical charge in it.

When he came back to his senses, he saw Vigilant brandishing a weapon at Ben, with everyone around Ben reacting in some way to something Ben had done. Probably attempted to gross them out by eating all of his fingers or something of the like. He'd done it to him before, and seeing someone claw their eyes out before breakfast does not help with one's morning appetite.

"Hey! Hey! What the hell is going on here? I leave you kids alone for a few minutes and you guys start shooting each other?" Despite Rick's humorous choice of words, his tone was anything but cheerful. He was very much unhappy with the turn of events. No one points a gun at his friends.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:36 pm

Meanwhile, as Rick yells, Skye does something...Different.

There's a weird "Twang" type noise as her body suddenly springs forward, tackling her brother and trying to catch him off guard- And throw his weight to the ground. She's done this plenty of times, so there's no possible way that he could wang his head on a rock or something! That was certainly for sure. However, the casual observer may note that her arm super-extended to wrap around his gun hand a good half dozen times.

"He's just bein' gross! It's like when you and...Um...What's his name...Um..Our other brother used to poke your eyeballs! Don't shoot him!"

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:18 am

Adannaya paled remarkably as Ben did... whatever it was that he did. She didn't find it funny, impressive or even amazing (okay, a bit amazing maybe), but childish, immature and freaky. Scary, yes. She'd stopped working on the bomb for obvious reasons, but was about to return to it, a angry remark on her lips, when Vigilant fired at Ben. She shot him a surprised and slightly horrified look and then looked at Ben. "What are you two doing!? We are in the middle of arming a high-capacity explosion and you... you..." she didn't seem to be able to find any words and just harumphed.
Last edited by Christian on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:27 am

Ben let out a strangled cry and clutched his gut where he'd been shot as his face suddenly became normal again. "It was an illusion!" he moaned, doubling over. "Oh, damn, does that hurt...what the hell, man?"

ElComodoro
The Bard(With optional 1000 sands attachment)

Unread postby ElComodoro » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am

Ben's illusion, at first, startled Michael, but he quickly realized what was going on and relaxed. He'd forgotten Ben's other abilities as an illusionist. It was a disturbing visage, and he wondered how everyone else woul...

Holy hell! The doctor's attention came completely into focus when he heard what he assumed was a firearm, although it didn't sound anything like the ones he was used to dealing with. His head snapped to the source of the sound and identified it as Vigilant. And it wasn't hard to guess the intended target. Michael jumped up as Skye tackled Vigilant, crossing the cave in a few steps while pulling a flashlight from his bag. He reached Ben in a matter of moments.

"Lie down," he instructed calmly but firmly, helping Ben to the floor and away from the antimatter charges. With practiced efficiency, he turned on the flashlight and inspected the supercooled wound, the rest of the world a forgotten side-note.

(Taking a ten on medicine using Skill Mastery if needed to diagnose and treat the wound with Precinct supplies, for a grand total of 35)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:20 pm

With a sudden exhalation of air, Vigilant's knocked to the ground, restrained by Skye. Struggling to get up into a sitting position, he glances between everyone in the group, sighing inwardly to himself for his snap judgement. When he speaks, it's with a mixture of abashedness and irritation; "Sorry. He'll be all right, Dr. Holden; I was shooting to disable. A little cold, but you should find it's mostly superficial. He'd have been knocked out at worst. Not sure what your worlds are like, but back home if someone does something unexpected and...quite frankly, disturbing, it's shoot first ask questions later. Only way I've survived in my line of work." If released, he holsters his gun, again looking across the party. "I'll be more careful next time - I'm not a fan of making mistakes twice."

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Realizing that Ben had actually been shot... Ben, and not some freakish kind of... unnatural monster, she exhaled and tried to focus on what was going on. She looked at Ben, aghast at Vigilant's reaction, but her pity was weakened somewhat by her anger of his sudden "illusion". She placed her hands on her hips and sighed deeply.

"Dr. Holden? Will be he alright?" she gave the wound a look before she looked at the others, "And did you see anything outside, mr. Spade? Then, if we can all just try to... to focus on the mission? This planet might be in the middle of... of... whatever's going on while we're trying to scare eachother and shooting people!"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:14 pm

Skye unwound herself from Vigilant, standing beside him. "Yeah! Our world sucks! They said it made me go COMPLETELY CRAZY, but I don't believe that. I think it's everyone else that's crazy!"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:32 pm

Rick walked over to Vigilant and planted his face in Vigilant's. "Alright, Mr. Adjective, I don't care where you come from and how you do things there. Here, you don't ever shoot a teammate. It doesn't matter if they're possessed, mind-controlled or just plain stupid, you don't shoot a teammate. All of those things can be reversed, except maybe the stupid. Death can't without a hell of a lot of effort that I'm not ready to go through. Either you get with the program, or you can go back through that nice shiny gate to whatever world it is where shooting your teammate is okay." Rick then turned around, put his bat back into his coat and picked up a stick.

"Now, while Vigilant was attempting to off part of our friendly neighborhood hive mind, I took a look around." Rick took the stick and drew a rough map of what he saw. "Seems like there's nobody around for miles. The closest sentient beings live in a farm, and then after that it's another few miles before we hit any sort of 'major' population center. I say 'major' like that because it's more just a local town. This gate is pretty damn secluded from the rest of this world, so we won't be bothered by curious on-lookers bewildered by our choice of clothing."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:45 pm

"I'm fine," Ben pronounced, still clutching the spot. "He's right, it's superficial. A bandage and something hot, that will probably do the trick." He took a deep breath. "I'm sorry I freaked you guys out. I was just goofing off."

Rick:
Spoiler:
<Yeah, you tell 'im, Spadey! Spit in his eye, spit in his eye!>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:04 pm

Pushing past Rick, Vigilant doesn't even bother with a grunt of acknowledgment at the gumshoe's warnings. He heads up to Ben, squatting down next to Dr. Holden and offering a handshake while his other arm lies crossed across his legs. "No hard feelings?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:18 pm

"No hard feelings," Ben agreed, with a wide smile and a handshake, not moving from the prone position in which the doctor was working on him. "But if you shoot me again, remember that there are hundreds more of me," he said, amiably, grinning. "I don't even need my psychic powers to kill you - I can just form a giant crushing dogpile."

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:12 am

When Vigilant had his little paranoid episode, Kestrel slapped herself in the forehead. An organization full of people with insane powers, and he was surprised that Ben had done something horrifying. He could evidently accept interaction with a people-hive, but eyeballs in the wrong place was a big hell no!

Perhaps his name was appropriate, or perhaps a better adjective might have been Jumpy, since while it was significantly less intimidating... it made him sound as dangerous as he was. Shooting weapons at his allies. For the love of heaven.

Kestrel took a breath to move between the two men and in the very tiny margin of time between thought and action--small enough that she herself could barely measure it--something happened. While one of her allies pulled a weapon and shot another ally--just cause for violent intervention where Kestrel came from--and while someone else had to step in, Kestrel stood still.

Michael was tending Ben, and Dr. Brearly and Spade was castigating Vigilant while Skye made whatever excuses or mediations seemed appropriate to her. And Kestrel just stood there.

Kestrel.

She started, very slightly and quickly enough that it would have been difficult to detect by anyone who was merely watching. The soldier knew what telepathy was, but no one had ever bothered to communicate with her that way before. The sudden intimacy of someone else's thoughts swimming in with her own was deeply unnerving.

The gods have taken you from us again, came the voice again. She knew then that it had to be someone from home. Why in the hell would they be contacting her now? If her own world were in danger, surely Chon-Marshak would have told her. What have they told you?

Suddenly uncertain, her thoughts sped faster. What did they know? She saw no reason why they should share her information, especially since it would cause panic that would be futile in the worst case scenario, and dangerous in the best.

Answer. You will tell us the meaning of what we have seen.

Of course, Kestrel had no idea how to answer such an inquiry, even if she wanted to. Was it enough simply to think of an answer? Were they reading her mind and taking the knowledge even now? Or did she have to somehow form and project a return message so that--

You know. We KNOW you do.

Annoyed by the commanding tone that her people were taking with someone who should have been--to their minds--the chosen of their gods (even if she knew now that she was nothing more than a woman who did a little more traveling than they), Kestrel's dark expression seemed to bleed right down to the soles of her feet. Appalling to be commanded that way. How dare they.

Kestrel, apologies for our impertinence, but there is so much death. What's happening?

"So they are dying," she whispered to herself.

What! What do you know?

All she could do to answer was to concentrate on her feeling of certainty that it was being dealt with,that something would be done. It was enough. She felt them leave her, for now.

"That," she commented half to herself and half to Ben, who must surely have noticed the unexpected contact. It was his job to notice. "...was a disturbing experience." Still a bit shaken, she directed a puzzled glance to the representative of their allied telepathic hivemind. "You do that routinely?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:30 am

"Mornin', princess!" Ben piped up, grinning, as he propped himself up on one arm to regard Kestrel. "You're not gonna space out on us like that when we're punching evil cultists, right? Who just crossgapped you, and do you always stand there like that when you get buzzed? I didn't wanna barge my way into your head to listen in."

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:48 am

Princess!

Kestrel made a flustered little hphhh noise. Even if it was not necessarily a completely inaccurate mode of address, it was just such a cutesie way of talking to a pretty little female that it set her teeth on edge. Princesses were little girls who wore little silk shoes and spun around in little circles on dance floors with little princes who courted them and hoped to have lots of little babies to inherit their little landholdings.

The thought of how close Kestrel had come to being precisely that made her want to snarl. But... Ben probably didn't mean anything by it, so she didn't say anything. At least, not about that. Ben's implication that she would simply stand in a daze while they were fighting for their lives was infuriating, not least because it was a valid concern given what she'd just done.

"Someone from home," she replied. "They wanted to know what's going on. I don't think I gave them any information of value. Now that I know what the contact feels like, it shouldn't be such a distraction in the future," she added automatically, hoping to reassure the others--and herself--that the ability of her own people to contact her would not become a handicap to them all.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:50 am

Ben's expression changed, completely, into something deadly serious. "You're certain that it was someone from home, right? There's not a way you could have just given our enemies information about us?"

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:04 am

Kestrel crossed her arms over her chest and rested her chin in one hand thoughtfully. It was an oddly-masculine gesture, but one of many little details she hadn't gotten around to re-evaluating.

"I got angry at their mode of address. They were..." She waved her free hand vaguely, searching for a descriptive term. "...overly insistent. I found it disrespectful, and they apologized. My position at home demanded it of them. My position with our enemies... would not."

Ben's question was valid, and even though she strongly disliked being on the spot... his competence and attentiveness were encouraging. She just wished that she didn't have to be the one dealing with a debriefing. "And as I said. I don't believe I gave any information. I could hardly stop them if they were simply reading my memory, but... in retrospect, they would not have sounded so frustrated with my attitude had they been able to get their answers without my cooperation."

She lowered her hand to cross both arms. "Is that useful information?"

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Michael inspected the wound. It looked superficial enough. Whoever or whatever Vigilant was, wherever he was from, he could shoot. Minor tissue damage, with no internal injuries apparent. Clearly no nerve damage, considering that Ben could still feel the spot. No frozen tissue, and only a few minor cuts from the rapid cooling.. He rubbed the spot for a few moments to promote circulation and to remove the few ice crystals and bits of dead skin, then pulled a bandage from his pack and placed it over the raw skin.

He looked at Ben and Vigilant, who had squatted next to them, then said with a shallow smile, "No permanent damage, but it could easily have been much, much worse if Vigilant had even a little worse aim. I'd be a bit more careful with those illusions, warn the jumpy guys with the guns and all." He helped Ben prop himself up and finished the bandage while half listening to Rick and the exchange between Ben and Kestrel. When they finished, he helped Ben to his feet.

"If I may make a suggestion? I say we move this gatecrash party outside and let those qualified blow all this up," he gestured around, "before anyone else gets shot or mentally possessed, then deal with the voices in Ms.Kestrel's head. Mr Spade? Vigilant? You two know the way better than any of us."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:45 am

(Darkknight, ElComodoro, and I are in the process of moving from an apartment to a house and my access to the Intarwebs is going to be very very very spotty (I'm posting right now from ElComodoro's parents' house). I know I'll be able to post Mondays and Wednesdays and I'll try and get somewhere where I can post like Friday or Saturday until Verizon comes to install FiOS in the new place, which will be God only knows when. I will try to keep up as best as humanly possible, but...bear with me. The other two can post from where they work, so don't worry about then.)

Ben nodded to Kestrel and then Michael. "Yeah, we should be okay. Anyway, I agree with Doc that you guys should leave me and Dr. Brearley alone here to make things go boom." He grinned. "And also blow up the portal."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:10 pm

Rick got up from where he was seated, walked over to Ben and gave him a light-hearted smack over the head. "Be nice," he said to him, "And more importantly, be appropriate. I doubt Dr. Brearly appreciates your comments."

"Now as for the rest of us, I guess we ought to make our way out. Vigilant, you scouted ahead, so why don't you lead the way?" He motioned forward with a sweeping of his hands. "Oh, and try not to shoot any one else."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:22 am

"Leave my brother alone." Skye mutters.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Dr. Brearly, meanwhile, had zoned out the ongoing conversation, having returned her attention to the bomb. Although she was, strictly speaking, forbidden to examine or analyze technological innovations of any kind, learning how to operate one didn't really fall into the boundaries of that law, and thus she'd learnt enough through Ben's guidance and her own aptitude, to navigate the menus, although some options were completely alien to her. Thankfully, the detonation was fairly foolproof, and she proceeded with the kind of caution that was proper for the situation, pretending not to hear Ben's remark (which she only half-understood anyway) and Rick's reply, which confirmed her suspicions. She also pretended not to notice her ears growing hot and her cheeks flushing as she knelt beside the bomb.

"Alright, if you all just proceed to the exit and contact us somehow once you are near it. Then I and mr. James...Ben" she spoke his name through clenched teeth, "...will proceed to arm the bomb and join you at great expedite."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:10 pm

Ben waved distractedly to the others, turning his attention back to the bombs. "Yeah, just yell down or something."

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:46 pm

"That should work," Kestrel replied.

Sounded like a fair plan. Seemed like a long distance to shout though, if for some reason a conversation were needed, and Kes had been missing the opportunity to stretch her legs even a little. This constant shuffling about was really making her restless. "Or I can double back, if you like, and let you know that the others are ahead. It won't take me long. Whichever you prefer."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:28 pm

"Sounds like the best alternative." Getting to his feet, Vigilant nods to Kestrel. "The exit's not far. Not hard to find from this side either." Heading off, he pauses next to Skye, giving her a quick hug around the shoulders and lowering his voice to her. "Don't worry about him, it's fine. I can take it. But thanks." Letting her go, he squeezes her hand briefly before looking back up. Gesturing off in the direction of the concealed exit, he once more raising his voice to speak to the rest of the team. "There's no light, so stay close if that's a problem. But there's no branches to be concerned with." And at that, he starts off down the tunnel once more, keeping a pace slow enough for everyone to keep up.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:32 am

Rick was more than content with walking along behind Vigilant. His coat didn't have any sort of light emitting function, something that Rick had thought about doing a number of times, but hadn't gotten around to. He made another quick inventory of the things in his coat, then tugged his hat down a bit, stuffed his hand in the pockets of his coat and walked along. Hopefully Addy and Ben would be able to get this anti-matter bomb to go off without killing the rest of them. It was interesting that the gate required something even more intense than a fission explosion to take it down. Rick always felt like it was a delicate instrument that could break down at any moment, but then again, the gate on his world didn't require any maintenance that he knew about. Perhaps engineers came through every once in a while to check up on it and make little fixes here and there. Rick continued down this line of thought as he walked.

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Michael shouldered his equipment and followed along, walking carefully across the uneven cavern floor. The group's animosity was quickly becoming a problem that needed to be dealt with before they ran into anything more serious then setting explosives. Although the mission was simple, there were always unforeseen complications, and at the rate they were going.... Between Ben's playful and overly familiar attitude, Rick's easy arrogance, Vigilant's and Kestrel's terse demeanor, Adannaya's naivety, even his own impatience and unease, the group was going to have a hard time working with anything approaching coherence. They needed to trust each other somehow. He pulled the flashlight back out from his bag and turned it on to light everyone's way.

"Vigilant? That was an impressive shot back there. Plus you seem to have a few skills in stealth and obviously that weapon is of your own design. Not the normal skill set for a P.H.D. I know a lot agents pick up a lot of skills from fieldwork, in fact I've heard more than a few stories about Mr. Spade's impressive abilities outside just his power, lots of agents have nothing but praise for him..... but I don't think you're an agent, and even still...... If you don't mind me asking, you wouldn't happen to have military training would you?" Almost all of it was a lie. That shot was well placed, Vigilant knew what he was doing, but that could have been luck or even self taught shooting with a familiar weapon. Until this morning, Micheal had never even heard the name Rick Spade, and he was fairly certain Vigilant was not an agent, much less a random assignment to their group. "And Ms. kestrel, you carry yourself like a soldier too. Any military in your background?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:09 pm

Vigilant glances over to Michael, somewhat surprised at the level of interest he's showing. He hardly expected a reaction like that after recent events, but he's glad to see his failing is apparently not being held against him; good, he wouldn't want one event to color perceptions amongst the entire group for the rest of this mission. One person's enough for him. He doesn't let it slip out in his tone, though; he speaks in the same voice as ever, revealing little of his own inner monologue. "No military, no. And you're right, I'm not an agent. Plenty of field work back home, though. Solo, mostly. Self-trained the last few years, picked things up along the way. Sort of lifestyle that encourages you to learn fast."

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:58 pm

Dr. Brearley seemed to have finally gotten the hang of the operations of the machine and worked in some silence together with Ben to set it up correctly. Truth be told, there really wasn't much more to it than to set a timer and a proximity, apparantly this bomb could explode at varying levels, and this function certainly tickled her interest... but again, she was on a mission, and tinkering with a highly-dangerous explosive while arming it would certainly increase the risk-factor several-folds. "I believe we are quite done here, then?" she asked Ben if, and when, they finished up with the device.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:39 pm

The rest of the party got to the door Vigilant had discovered, as previously described.

"We're done!" Ben said. "You set them all to blast radius 3, right? And turned on the gamma ray safeties? Apparently they do that by creating a tiny black hole that only exists for radiation. If they didn't, we'd all be bombarded. Science is awesome." Ben showed Addanaya the recommended places to put the charges to make sure the most futuristic technology was blown into nothingness and helped her place them. Each one was set to begin a 30-minute timer when it could no longer detect movement nearby on its thermal camera, as Ben had recommended, even though the way the blast was set to be contained would probably just spook some of the goats and nothing more.

(OOC: So at one point - Joe was there - I was like "Wait...if antimatter charges go off, they create fucking gamma rays. Should I have Ben put up, like, lead shielding?" Then I remembered that I can make up science, which is a fun pastime anyway. So if anyone pulls up an advanced text on physics from the computers at Precinct Command, they'll discover that yeah, there's a way to make a black hole that emits special gravitons that only affect electromagnetic radiation, and the creation of such a black hole can be powered by a very small antimatter reaction under the right circumstances. AND THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE CREATED IN THOSE CHARGES. Goddamn I love GMing in this setting.)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:11 pm

As soon as the good doctor began asking Vigilant those questions, Rick could see what he was doing and applauded him for the effort. He hoped to have helped the group work more cohesively, but frankly having one of his team members shot by another that showed up at the last minute shook him. He was usually ready for things, but he had no information on Vigilant whatsoever. He's had situations before where someone randomly showed up, saying all the right things, only to turn out to be a traitor and shoot everyone. The situation was just too reminiscent that he snapped. He'd gotten too used to working with people he was supposed to trust by default, and it left him unable to properly react to the situation, and it made it worse. Rick inwardly cursed himself. He was going to have to make an apology to Vigilant.

When they reached the door, Rick looked at the mechanism, then asked, "So, anyone wanna help me open this joker up so we can get some fresh air in here? The weather looks beautiful outside, and there's nothing for miles to pollute the air."

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:44 am

Michael seemed quite interested in the abilities and histories of his comrades, which was fine. The amount of praise he lavished on Spade was... unexpected. Obviously the man was competent, with an intriguing skillset, but... Kestrel hadn't expected to be working with more than one... well, celebrity.

When Michael asked about her background, Kestrel nodded in reply, smiling at herself that it was so obvious. "Yes, I worked for my family. Did some... peacekeeping missions," she explained delicately. "Mostly I'm a, er, delivery girl at this point. Precinct has more need of it."

It wasn't precisely that Kestrel was ashamed of her previous work. All systems required people who did what they were told, or they could not survive. She had merely played her part. However... people did not always understand. Far better for her teammates to think of her as a courier than a heartless assassin, at least until they were used to her.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:36 am

Vigilant takes in Kestrel's description of her past; though he can tell she's stepping around something herself, he can hardly fault her for it. Everyone's entitled to their secrets, after all, and it's none of his business what she'd rather they not know. While she speaks with Michael, he excuses himself and heads to the door, taking hold of the rope just past the tie-off. Looking back to the others, he speaks up once Rick finishes his piece. "Probably best if everyone helps on this. Seems like a pretty heavy slab, even if we don't need everyone it'd be for the best if we didn't tire ourselves out early."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:59 am

"Or you could just ask me to open it!" Skye says, sing-song. "You know me, I can do anything! ...If I figure out how!....You do know me, right?"

...She was honestly confused at that last part, it seemed.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:37 am

Vigilant looks over to Skye, quietly chuckling as he nods. "I know you. I'm your brother, remember? And don't take it all on yourself, Skye. I know you can, but you don't need to here. Just grab on and help us pull when we're all ready, okay?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:42 pm

Rick walked up to the door and took his hands out of his pockets. He spit into them, rubbed them together, then took a good grip on the door. "Yeah, sounds like a good idea," he said. He looked over at the others. "Especially because you guys all lookg to be a lot stronger than me. I doubt I'd contribute to this endeavor much." He smiled at this and gave a few playful tugs at the rope.

Christian
Dead Stompy

Unread postby Christian » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:44 pm

/Not sure if I've been expected to post...)

Adannaya gracefully accepted the aid of Ben, and although she'd certainly gone through some of the procedures, there were still a plethora of functions she couldn't comprehend, at least not without further study of the physical properties employed in the construction of the bombs. And, as much as she'd love to get her hands on the blueprints, she couldn't, and even if she could, the thought of relying on another's notes to reconstruct... plagiarism, no, she'd rather remain unknowing.

"Very well, it seems that we are done here." she muttered, clapping her gloved hands together to brush away the dust.

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:21 pm

(Sorry for the long pause between posts. Was out of state and away from a comp for a while)

Micheal was glad he at least started the group talking. Kestrel was sidestepping something, certainly, which piqued his curiosity, but he decided that was a conversation better left for another day. Everyone had things they would rather forget, and many more had secrets that they would do anything to keep. Instead, he joined Rick and Vigilant at the rope pull.

"On three? Ready? One....Two....Three."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:29 pm

Rick gave a hefty heave on the end of the rope, putting his weight into it. Rick really wasn't very strong at all. He could max bench press about 135 pounds, and even then only once and he would be in a lot of pain afterwards. As he pulled, his feet slipped a little bit in the dirt.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:12 pm

With the three men pulling, the door slides smoothly back, revealing a square opening through which light can be seen, apparently leading to a small, sheltered cave.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs