Precinct: The Godswallowers (closed M&M RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
ElComodoro
The Bard(With optional 1000 sands attachment)

Re: Precinct: The Godswallowers (closed M&M RP)

Unread postby ElComodoro » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:34 pm

The burst of fresh air which accompanied the door opening was greeted with an involuntary smile from Michael. He stepped through, enjoying the light through the cave opening, then turned to look back at the others.

"So, lets take a peek," he said and walked to the cave opening. When he finally stepped outside, he breathed the air deeply, and glanced around at the world's flora and fauna with a small smile playing about his lips.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:01 pm

Rick walked to the opening of the cave, taking a deep breath in. The sunlight felt good on his face, and he took off his hat to enjoy the breeze. He smiled and held his arms wide, "Welcome to the world we've been sent to save. Hope you're all ready." He smiled a bit mischievously, "Should be fun."

Rick turned and walked back into the cave, closed his eyes, and sent his mind's eye into the cave to check on Dr. Brearly and Ben.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:31 pm

Silently, Vigilant steps from the cave behind Rick, his eyes casting about for any signs of movement. Once confident that the exit's secure, not under watch by any sort of natives, he moves back, calling down the tunnel. "We're out." Returning to the group, he waits, keeping both passages under view. While things might seem safe enough now, that could change at any moment; hopefully he'll be ready for it. And, a nagging concern says from the back of his mind, hopefully it will actually be a legitimate threat next time.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:23 pm

"Ready, Dr. Brearley?" Ben asked.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:21 pm

She frowned slightly and nodded, "Yes, I can't say there's anything else I'd like to do."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:42 am

Ben led Addanaya to the entrance of the cave where the rest of the group was.

"Evenin', folks," he said. "Now that me and the good doctor are out of sight of the charges, the timer should be all started up. So in thirty minutes, things go boom...and they don't come back. We should shut the door so no goats walk in and get antimattered. Although...how do you think that works?"

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:12 pm

After looking around for a few mins, Michael turned back to look at Rick and Vigilant who had joined him.

"Mr. Spade, you said there was a town nearby? Which direction...." he trailed off when he noticed Rick had sent his mind elsewhere, "nevermind."

So instead, he walked a few paces into the field, keeping close, allowing himself the luxury of standing fully in the breeze. The area was charming, it reminded him of the fields that used to be near his home. For a few blissful moments he was lost running across a field in spring, with the sun on his face and the sound of laughter on the breeze, forgetting just then where he was and what he was supposed to be doing. It was only a moment though, as the sound of a goat somewhere nearby snapped his attention back to the present.

The group was eventually joined by Ben and Addanaya, by which point Michael had taken a seat outside, enjoying the breeze and sunlight. He stood when they arrived, brushing off a few blades of grass, and walked over to help with the door.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:44 pm

Addy followed after Ben outside, hoping that things would've settled down amongst the members of the group. She'd calmed down enough to start to take in her surroundings again, and she still had problems realizing she was on another world... and the outside...

She was suddenly reminded of Greece, of Crete, a small island she'd visited with her father when she was younger. She hadn't been able to bathe, but the tours of the old ruins, and the hills and mountains, the smell of the mediterranean sea... It'd been wonderful, and this was... frighteningly like it.

Adannaya shook her head and then looked at each other, then Ben. "I... I don't know, I believe?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:57 pm

As Rick saw that Ben and Addy were returning to them, he sent his mind's eye ahead of them, returning to himself just a few moments after Michael tried talk to him. He hear him, though, and as he blinked his eyes a few times, he said, "Oh no, I can hear you despite where I might be looking. As for the town," Rick stepped out after Michael, "It's off in that direction, though we can't make a beeline for it. There's a small land bridge we'll have to cross, but otherwise it's just a few miles beyond that."

Rick then took off his hat, brushed his hands through his hair, then replaced his fedora, pulling it down enough to shade his eyes from the sun. "Sure is a nice world. Lack of cities means the air's nice and clean." He turned back to Ben and Addy as they stepped out. "We all set to make this place not exist anymore?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:17 pm

Vigilant nods, staring off in the direction Rick indicated, and quickly determines that it's completely useless to do so at this range. He turns to Ben, nodding his head back towards the cave. "How detectable will this be? If it's already here, it might have tech. Especially since it's taken other agents. We should know what's the chance they could pick it up before we head out, know how prepared we should be."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:32 am

"All set!" Ben answered Rick, emerging into the evening. "Though the blast area's literally only going to be a couple feet, thanks to crazy gravity science."

"Hell if I know, I'm just a telepath," Ben said in response to Vigilant, shading his eyes against the low sun. "Let's assume that the Precinct thought of that and gave us the undetectable antimatter bombs. Anyway, Captain Triggerhappy, you'd be prepared enough for all the rest of us even if we were just going down to the supermarket for hot dog buns, right? So I won't worry, personally."
Last edited by Spleen on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:47 am

"So!" Micheal interrupted before things went too far, "Since we are all set, why don't we go ahead and close this door? Someone wanna give me a hand?"

It wasn't that he didn't care that Vigilant had shot a team mate. Far from it. It made him jumpy and only added to the unease he felt about the whole mission. And his trust for the man was by no means concrete. He was gaurded and mysterious, more than that, there was simply no information about him. The team had nothing to go on other than his word and the only action they had to back this up was him shooting a teammate, albiet very skillfully, and Ben had brought it on himself, but friendly fire nonetheless. The whole situation was balanced on the head of a pin, and it was about to spiral out of control. The last thing this group needed was any excuse to rock the boat.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Rick looked at Michael and scratched his cheek. "Um... I don't really know that much about physics, but, do we need to? I mean, the door isn't going to be there in a few minutes. I doubt that an anti-matter bomb will be stopped by the door." He then thought about it some more, then continued, "And is this a timed thing? Or is it set to go off when we close the door? Ora set distance away?"

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:06 pm

"Were you raised in a barn!" Skye shouted. It seemed more like a statement than a question, really. "You always shut the door behind you, it's rude if you don't!"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:05 pm

Dr. Brearley, meanwhile, simply strode up to the door and flicked open a panel at her wrist, turning a small nob and the humming in her arms increased severalfolds. Then she gave a little nod, unbuttoned her shirt and rolled up the sleeves before pushing the door, brow creased slightly in surprise at the weight of it. Still, her mechanical limbs should be strong enough to handle it... or so she thought.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:25 pm

Vigilant glances to Ben, but simply nods without comment at his appraisal of the situation; there's hardly much to comment on anyway. As irritatingly as he phrased it, he's still right, so there's little reason to argue. He laughs a little at Skye's comment - she's right too, after all - and steps up to the door after Dr. Brearley. Pushing on it alongside her, he calls back to Rick, some strain evident in his tone. "Ben said it's just a few feet blast radius. Destroy the portal and that's it. Also said it goes off in thirty minutes...probably twenty-five by now."

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:30 am

Micheal was at first surprised by Dr. Brearly's strength. He'd seen her demonstration but it took some getting used to. After a moment of hesitation, he joined in the effort, but realized his help was far from needed. Adannaya was lifiting with only mild effort what had taken three men to budge earlier. Vigilant was throwing his wieght behind it, but it didn't look like she needed any assistance. The irony of the situation was not lost on the doctor.

With the door closed and the timer set, the mission was half complete. At least on paper. They still had a bit of a trek ahead of them, and Micheal had no idea what was waiting for them at the next gate, or how they were going to get there. In truth, he didn't even know where the next gate was, but figured Ben would know.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:50 am

When he was informed of the blast radius, Rick said "Oh, well in that case." He moved to go help close the door, but of course that was completely unnecessary. Dr. Brearley's strength was definitely incredible, and she hardly needed the help from Vigilant or Michael.

Meanwhile, Rick pulled out the locator and started trying to figure out what direction they were going. "So Ben, do you know where we're going?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:43 pm

"Uh-uh," Ben said, shaking his head. "A city, because I have to convince someone to help us across the ocean. What's your thing say?"

Rick's locator was telling the group to take the land bridge onto the main part of the continent and follow a major thoroughfare past the village and toward a fairly decent-sized city about twenty-five or thirty miles away.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:07 pm

Rick looked at the locator for a bit, synching up the image on the device with what he saw of the local area. "Well, looks like we've got to cross that land bridge I saw before." As he said this, Rick pointed off in the direction of the aforementioned bridge. "We've got to go what I'm assuming is north, since I have no idea if the sun actually sets in the west here. I figure it shouldn't take us too long to get there, but we'll never make it before the sun sets. We've got to get to, what I think is, the closest city to our current location." Looking at the setting sun, Rick pulled the brim of his hat a little bit lower over his eyes to ward off the sun, stuffed his hands in his pockets and said, "Alright, let's get a move on. We probably wanna get as far as we can before sun down. God only knows what comes out at night."

And with that, Rick set off, using his Mind's Eye to keep an eye on them. He situated his Eye a few dozen feet above them, far enough away that it afforded him a decent view of a radius around the group, but close enough that he could still discern objects in his path. He'd been practicing walking about like this and orienting himself, and he'd been getting pretty good at this.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Dr Brearley finished closing the door, nodding to the others in an appreciative gesture; then she flicked open the small panels, turned the knobs inside and the arms returned to their almost completely quiet humming. She buttoned up the arms of her shirts again, readjusting the goggles that hung from a leather-strap round her neck, and then smiled.

"Very well, shall we continue?" she glanced towards the sun, making a mental note to keep track of its trajectory across the sky, hopefully thus being able to figure out the solar day and local time-span.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:02 pm

Stepping back, Vigilant watches as Dr. Brearley adjusts her arm. Her strength took him by total surprise, the second such occurrence so far on this trip. And in theory, something he'd very much like to avoid encountering a third time. Subtly glancing over her prosthetic behind his eyepieces, though, he has to admit to himself that the device is somewhat fascinating. He takes in what he can of its mechanics before she closes it up, and on the way back to the group he speaks up to her as he takes the same course, his tone belying a strong curiosity poorly masked. Though it's certainly an unfamiliar emotion in his voice so far, it's one the academics of the group have likely heard time and again; if not from themselves, then from colleagues that have just come across an especially intriguing discovery. "Your own creation? Not a design I've seen."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Addy gave Vigilant an odd look and then her smile lit up once more, bright at the shown interest from the otherwise imposing and sombre man.

"Indeed they are," she replied, showing off her arms for a better view (of course, about the only parts of her arms visible now are her hands, but with the intricately carved ebony and ivory making up the parts of them, not to mention the miniscule flexible rubber between the joints, there's still plenty to see), "although I admit the original design is not entirely my own creation. I was born with neither arms nor legs, and my father crafted my first functional prosthetics..." her smile turned sad as she sighed, "I've been improving on the designs since then, and there's hardly anything left of the original."

((As Shini has pointed out, it's actually physically impossible for her to have this kind of strength with her body being non-augmented, but being as we're in a super-hero setting-like world, we shall ignore this... if you really, really need some kind of explanation, let's assume she's got a functional exoskeleton connected to the limbs that takes the brunt of the force applied on it.))

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:44 am

Micheal adjusted the bag on his shoulder and fell into step with the group as they began to move out. He didn't relish the idea of making camp on this strange world, especially since he was unsure if Ben had packed supplies, and the thought of wandering around in the dark on a world with otherwise unknown wildlife was equally un-appealing.

"How far would you say it is to the next nearest town?" he asked Rick, glancing doubtfully at the sun. The small grassy field sorrounding the cave entrance quickly gave way to jagged rocks. The sea breeze was more prominent now, and it only became colder and more insistent as the sun set. Micheal shivered and wondered how long it would take them.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:08 pm

Hearing Michael's question, Rick answered, "Well, about three miles away there's a small little house, probably a farm of some sort. From there, the closest town is another three miles. I don't think it'd be a good idea to go in, though, the way we're dressed. I'm sure we'd attract a lot of attention, what with the trenchcoat, the metal arms and the bomber jacket. The last thing we need is for people to notice us coming through. We'll probably just make camp out here somewhere and avoid large population areas." Rick then scratched his chin, "Probably a good way to avoid getting mind-washed, too. Keeps the cooties away."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:04 am

Watching intently what he can see of the prosthetics, Vigilant nods as Dr. Brearley explains their nature. "How capable? Better than human for strength, obviously. In other aspects?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:14 pm

Dr. Adannaya seemed to think for a while and then nodded. "I am capable of lifting about... two thousand five hundred pounds. It is as far as I have tested the machinery, and I doubt it is a feat I can sustain. The mechanics are not damaged, usually," she rapped a knuckle against the back of her other hand, "but the gear-work does tend to lock up and react sluggishly." she pondered what else to say, but then shone up, "Oh! I am able to fine-tune coordination, balance, weight-shifting and minor shaking as well, given a little time... it is a feature I have not tested quite so thoroughly, but it should be entirely possible to do that."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:12 am

Ben regarded Rick silently during his point about staying out of populated areas, then cocked his head to one side. "I can do this, though."

The air around the party shimmered slightly and each member suddenly appeared - to all senses - to be dressed in simple, homespun clothing in coarse fabrics, held together with buckles. Any visibly mechanical part of Addanaya was made to look like unblemished skin, and most of their equipment was changed to look appropriate for a world with medieval technology. The illusion's ability to fool touch was strangely spotty - textures could be imitated, but not broad shapes; Rick's fedora, for instance, had changed to a wide-brimmed straw hat, and while every part of it felt like straw, if he concentrated hard enough while touching it he would discover that it was still, strictly-speaking, fedora-shaped. "I'll need you to remote-view some locals, Spadey," Ben said. "That way I can get the specifics down. This is probably a decent start, though. Of course, there was little I could do to mask the loveliness of our three lady companions..." he gave a broad wink.

Addanaya, Michael, Skye, Vigilant, Kestrel:
Spoiler:
Also, Rick now looks like a man in his seventies with an enormous gray mountain-man beard down to the middle of his chest that he doesn't appear to notice.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:15 am

Rick looked at his new threads and frowned a little bit. "Not my style, but I guess this'll do." He adjusted his now quasi-straw feeling hat and adjusted his clothes, more self-consciously than anything else. "Now we just have to make sure you don't fall unconscious while we're in a populated area. Still probably a good idea to avoid it when we can. As for the voyeurism you asked for, I'll wait until we make camp. I'd like to be able to see where I'm walking." Looking at the horizon, they'd would have to make camp pretty soon, too.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Adannaya looked herself over and gave a surprised sound, inspecting the others as well. "Fascinating..." she muttered as she drew a gloved hand along her arm. "The illusion seems only to extend to the optical spectrum, yet it is nigh-on flawless..." she looked at Ben with a surprised, and somewhat startled way. "This will last us during the entire expedition?" Certainly the design of the clothes had become slightly more feminine in style, which she wasn't completely opposed to. A glance at Rick, however, made her cough a little and she strained to keep a straight face. "Fascinating..."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:29 am

"My bodies don't go unconscious unless they're brain-damaged or I go to sleep," Ben said. "I have more direct control over the brain functions of this clone than you do over your own mind, so I can decide things like whether it's unconscious or awake. Hell, I can stop my own heart, right now. Anyway, the illusions will last as long as my body is in range except when I'm sleeping. Okay?"

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:09 am

A glance at Rick Spade and Kestrel resolved immediately that the man looked utterly ludicrous, and she nearly got a chuckle at his expense until she looked down to find herself in what she still thought of as drag. A plain housedress? And were those rough sandals?

Really?

Kestrel wasn't sure whether she was more annoyed to be dressed like a woman, or more annoyed to be dressed like a commoner. One thing was certain, though. Even someone who knew her well would have to take a second glance to recognize her in this.

Ben was turning out to be quite a surprising young fellow. Despite his oddly casual and familiar behavior, it was clear that he had come by his reputation quite honestly. "And what is the maximum range from this body for your illusions to remain?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:22 am

Vigilant takes the time to look over his own illusion; while it's not something he'd normally outfit himself in, he can tell Ben likely had a bit of trouble with him, so he lets it pass. For what Ben had to work with, he's surprisingly pleased with how it came out. He finds himself wearing a loosely-fitting, light tan short and trousers, leather walking boots, and a face-wrap covers the lower half of his face. His eyes appear exposed to the group for the first time since meeting them, a dark-brown that approaches black. All in all, he has to admit that he fits in as well as could be expected with the rest of the group.

He glances up as Kestrel asks the question he was just about to, nodding slightly to her as he turns back to Ben, waiting for his response.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:56 am

Dr Brearley herself was dressed in a rather plain worker's dress in pale lavender, a hand me down if you'd ever see it, patched here and there, with worker's gloves on her hand and a pair of sandals similar to those worn by Kestrel.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:57 am

"If you get more than about thirty feet away from me, and/or go where I can't see you, it's not gonna work," Ben said. "Of course, I can always just make someone forget that they ever saw you without your disguise, but that takes some doin'. Vigilant, I had to guess on your eyes, 'cuz you're so shy."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:39 pm

(OOC: Uuuum... I've got nothing more to say here...)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:56 pm

(OOC: Yeah, I'm in the same spot as Darkknight right now.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:32 pm

The group set out, clad in illusions to fit the technology level of the world. The sun did finally set, and though the night was clear enough, navigating became fairly hard for everyone without some manner of enhanced sight. Ben had come prepared, though, and hauled out a device that looked like an archaic lantern but turned out to be heatless and battery-powered.

"So, three miles of walking to do," Ben said very soon after they started out. "Anyone know a fun travel game? Dr. Holden, I wanna know what they do on long journeys where you come from."

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:04 pm

Skye was fairly quiet as the walked- Hell, she had been for awhile, for her. She kept staring at her hands, tugging at her fingers to test their elasticity every now and then. She occasionally shot worried glances at the others, and mumbled quietly to herself. Finally, she spoke up.

"I'm still..I'm still me. Right? That's right. Right? I don't know." She said, quieting again. "I don't know who I am."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:51 pm

"It's just an illusion," Ben said, flatly. "You're still you, you just look like a barefoot waif. Hence why you can feel your shoes but can't see them."

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs