Precinct: The Godswallowers (closed M&M RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Re: Precinct: The Godswallowers (closed M&M RP)

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Ben shrugged. "Whatever you guys wanna do. Three rooms, seven of us, and I'm not gonna demand any particular segregation of the sexes; we're all adults, except Skye, and she's got Dr. Bangbang to take care of her. I just wanna talk to Rick, is all."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:34 am

Addy frowned a little at Ben's statement, looking somewhat... uncomfortable.

"I... I would not wish to imply... but decency does demand..."

ElComodoro
The Bard(With optional 1000 sands attachment)

Unread postby ElComodoro » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:09 pm

The walk through the town was interesting, but uneventful. The natives of the place stayed mostly out of their way, and Michael worked to stay out of theirs. The fading light meant that he didn't have to work hard to fade into the background, and their small group made it to the inn without incident.

When the rooms were found, Michael yawned and looked around. "Ok, well I suppose that leaves Vigilant and me. If the other portal is broken, I think we can afford a little delay in favor of sleep, but an early rise couldn't hurt. With that in mind, I'm going to sleep. I suppose Ben, you'll take the alarm clock honors?"

When the group was finished talking, Michael entered the room and flopped down on one of the straw pallets. He was exhausted, partly from the long walk, partly from the rotation he was in the middle of, and partly from the stress of the situation. At least the opening of the mission had only been fraught with misunderstanding, miscommunication, theological shock and friendly fire. The doctor turned on his side and slipped into darkness.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Ben grinned at Dr. Brearley, enjoying some private joke at her expense. "You are going to have so much fun exploring the multiverse, my dear Doctor."

Then Michael spoke. "Yup," Ben answered. "I can wake this body back up in eight hours and have the rest of you up, no problem. All I really need, sleep-wise, is to have the whole collective down for about two hours a night and have each clone in a sleep cycle for six. I'm efficient like that, you know?"

Vigilant barely catches any glimpses of anyone dressed similarly to himself. The low technology level on this world sees most of the populace asleep this long after sunset.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:04 am

(OOC: Uuuuh not sure how the time-frames are working out, so I'm going to assume that we all went our separate ways for the night?)

Rick slept fairly soundly on the hard bed, flipping over only occasionally in the dark. Without his coat's climate control tech, he had some slight trouble with the temperature, through the night fiddling with whether or not he wanted the blanket. Otherwise, he slept until the sun came up the next day.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:16 am

(OOC: Timeskippin' with my six favorite allies...fuuuuully loaded we've got weird-ass bad guys...it's time to leave this night it's time to steal away...let's all get up, 'cuz Ben is on his way...

...if you didn't understand the above, you don't listen to RHCP.)

It was a little after sunset that Ben jerked awake and jumped out of bed. "Okay, Spadey, wake up, wake up. The sun is shining and so far the multiverse ain't gone. Today we get to see if what you and I talked about last night bears out!"

Ben walked over to the wall between the room he and Rick were staying in and the one where the female members of the group were and banged on the wall. "Get on up! Got work to do today." He did the same to the other wall to wake Michael and Vigilant.
Last edited by Spleen on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:17 am

Oh, sorry. I need to get back in the swing of things for this RP.

Vigilant, meanwhile, seems to be the last to sleep and the first to wake up (did he even sleep?). Hearing that Ben's still going to be in some sense conscious for most of the night, he finds it safe enough for him to spend most of his time before he beds down out in the inn's common room, doing his best to look inconspicuous in a secluded corner as he listens in to what he can. Eschewing any servers from a lack of funds, he spends an hour or two taking in whatever rumors or potentially useful conversations he can before heading upstairs for the night, eventually waking up at the crack of dawn by pure force of habit.

Glancing to the wall at the sound of Ben's banging, he slips out, leaning across the hall from his doorway as if he'd been waiting there from the start, ready to press on with his duties.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Rick was more or less awake when Ben jumped out of bed and obnoxiously began wake-up calls, but the loud little hive-mind was still extremely irritating to wake up to. He got up with a disgruntled look on his face, and though he had gotten more than enough sleep last night, the suddenness of his waking left him quite tired. He yawned, brushed a hand through his slightly bed tousled hair, then put on his fedora.

"You really don't have to be so loud and obnoxious in the morning, Ben."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Dr Brearley was hardly... enthusiastic about the getting up part, having been lying in her bed for a long time, using her goggles to enable her to write her findings, thoughts and thesises about the planet they were on, the mission they had been chosen for... So it had been very late when she had finally gone to bed...

Which was how she usually did it! To bed when the rooster got up, and up just in time for dinner, so when Ben banged and made a ruckus, she groaned and rolled over in her bed, but didn't exactly get up, instead just sleeping on like a log.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Much like the good doctor, Skye wasn't even remotely awake when the wall was banged on. She also seemed quite comfortable, despite being horribly twisted up on herself.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:35 am

<Up and at 'em!> Ben sent into the minds of each member of the group. <Come on, folks, I said I'd get you all out of bed, and I plan to. We got a multiverse to save! I can get even more annoying than this, too, if you feel like testing me.>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:46 am

Skye rolled over, completely uncaring about the voice in her head.

She was very much used to that.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:04 am

Dr Brearley grunted and turned over, putting a badly-stuffed cloth-sack (pfah! pillow?) over her head and mumbled something about 'too early'. While she wasn't as used to inner voices as Skye... she was damn well not going up before noon.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Rick got up, rubbing his back a little bit to make the soreness go away. He reached over to his hat and put it on over what was probably horrible bedhead. He blinked a few times to swat away the sand in his eyes threatening to force him to fall back asleep, then got to his feet. He powered up his power and used it to survey the area, sending it out into the hall, then outside the building.

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:31 am

The all too frequent and all too close gunfire played a staccato rhythm, while the winter wind of France played the hollow melody. What remained of the soldier on the table steamed under the bare bulb. The fading sunset threw torturous shadows on the opposite wall, as Micheal worked on the second soldier on the floor. He was passed out, but still breathing, and Micheal was salvaging what he could of the man's jaw and face. His own mother would never recognize him, but he might live. Maybe. The doctor's own weapons were across the room, leaned against the wall, and the door was closed. His helmet was long gone, lost... somewhere. The cold was seeping into his raw fingers, and the work was becoming clumsy. Suddenly, the man on the floor woke, and tried to scream though ruined vocal cords. Micheal pressed him to the floor, attempting to calm him. The morphine was gone. A moment later, and the man was dead. Micheal sat by him, covered in blood, staring at what was once an 18 year old face. He felt a weight on his shoulder then. He turned to see the man from the table, standing above him, dead eyes unfocused, and blood pouring from his mouth. His side arm was trained on Micheal's head.

He woke with a start to Ben's voice in his head. He had not slept well. After a moment, he stood and stretched, shaking away the last remnants of his dream. He gathered his things with a few yawns and stretches. A moment later and he stepped out the door into the hallway, looking for food.
Last edited by ElComodoro on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 am

Nodding to Michael as he emerges, Vigilant heads over to the women's room, pounding on the door and calling inside. "Faster we wake up, faster we can take care of this."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:19 pm

<You know what isn't pleasant?> Ben mused. <Hot flashes aren't pleasant. Now get out of bed, or everyone is hitting illusory menopause. Rick will get double illusory menopause.>

Speaking of Rick, he observes that life in this part of this iteration of Earth has already been going on for several hours - low technology level means an early start. The keeper of the inn looks quite worried that the party of travelers hasn't left yet, and seems to be relieved to see Vigilant up and around.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Addy turned a few times more in her bed for effect before she gave a big yawn, rising up like some kind of... zombie-like monster. Limbless zombie-like monster. Indeed, she was just a torso at the moment, wearing a nightie, her mechanical legs and arms stood at the side of her bed. With a few blinks, another yawn and a ladylike grunt she kind of... shuffled over to connect her left leg-stump with its corresponding mechanical device, a slight electro-magnetic field making sure they fitted together.

It was obvious she was used to doing this, as within the next half minute or so, through several tricks of contortion and some more grunts, she'd gotten her left arm and right leg on as well. Taking up her right arm she fastened it and nodded at the click. Finding her glasses next, she put them on and then proceeded to get dressed, ignoring the voice of Ben in her head.

"He'd better not be able to see in here, I hope... honestly, you'd expect some manner of... manners from a man, really."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:18 am

Rick closed his Eye and looked at Ben. "You're a dick, you know that?" He then left the room before hearing Ben's inevitable response. As he did so, he adjusted his clothing a bit to make sure he looked presentable, not that it mattered with Ben's veil. He nodded to both Michael and Vigilant. "This place gets up pretty early, as you'd expect from a pre-modern world. If we leave now, I doubt anyone'll notice us amongst the morning bustle."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:18 am

Vigilant nods back to Rick. "Most likely. We should reach the city today. Late evening, probably." He falls silent for a moment, thoughtful. "Likely to be harder to go unnoticed there. How experienced are you two? You've been undercover before?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:09 am

Rick looked at Vigilant, thinking about his question. "Why would we need to bother with going undercover? We've got Ben to do that sort of thing for us."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:54 am

"Attitude. More to it than appearance. You'll stand out just as well if you don't fit in. Watch the natives, see how they act, how they talk. Try to act the same. Best way to be ignored: be average. Just another everyday person, no quirks." He glances towards the stairs below to the lobby. "Like you said, they get up early. They're probably already curious about us, why we're still here. Curiosity leads to questions, you let it grow enough."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Rick thought about it some more, then responded, "Except he can get in their heads. So any thoughts of curiosity are easily replaced with a nice fuzzy feeling about fair and democratic elections, or whatnot."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:23 pm

Vigilant scoffs, leveling his gaze at Rick. "And if something happens to Ben? What then? Let your cover get blown and give up, or keep it so you can actually continue this mission? Is this saying on your world? 'Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.' Best to practice now and be ready."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Rick leveled a look of bewilderment at Vigilant. "Wow... you really are paranoid. How about I put it this way: Use your hair-trigger reflexes to shoot anybody that might hurt Ben, and we won't have to worry about any of this."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:27 pm

After getting dressed, Addy came out from the room and glanced at Rick and Vigilant, wondering what the argument had been about, readjusting her glasses a bit. She smiled at the two men and inclined her head slightly, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Are we getting ready to leave?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:34 pm

"Yeah, we're leaving as soon as possible," Ben said, having made it into the hallway in time to hear Addanaya. "Are you ready, Dr. Brearley? Are Kestrel and Skye awake, or did you just leave them laying there? I think we're getting some weird looks from the locals because we weren't up and out at the crack of dawn, but I don't think we affect their cultural or technological development much by sleeping in.

"Anyway, good news is, multiverse hasn't ended. Precinct Command is still there. The problem seems to be contained, unless it isn't. I expect to find out today."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:59 am

Addy gave a little shrug at Ben's question, but pointedly corrected her glasses before replying.

"Whether miss Kestrel is up and about I am not certain of, I did not look," she huffed a little, obviously indignant at the very thought of having looked at another sleeping woman, "Miss Skye, however, I believe is not up, unless my closing of the door stirred her from her slumber."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Rick massaged his eyebrows, then sighed. "I am not having Ben screw around with me because these girls won't get up." He tucked his hat on a little harder, then, with a huff and an apologetic expression towards Addy, opened the door and walked into the girls' room. He walked over to each of the other two, and gave them a sharp nudge, forcing them to get up. nothing but the actual act of them getting up out of bed stopped Rick.

They had a planet to save.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:19 pm

((OOC: Sorry for the lack of posting. When the thread dies I eventually stop checking it, and as a result I don't find out until after you've all been posting for a while that someone resurrected it.))

Kestrel was shocked away by shouting in her head about menopause--the hell?--and rolled over to note her roommate's curious morning routine. Interesting that she had opted not to sleep in her prosthetics. Were they uncomfortable, or too delicate? Kestrel was curious, but doubted the inquiry would be appreciated. If Brearly had made them herself, Kestrel didn't want to imply that they were of of questionable quality.

Recalling wounded veterans she had known, Kestrel knew that her assistance would not be wanted or appreciated. If the scientist--engineer, was she called?--could handle things herself, she should be left to do precisely that.

Kestrel still saw no reason to get up yet. Waking Skye would be a real trial, and once they were all conscious it wasn't as though it would take the soldier forever and a day to get dressed.

Once Addy left, Rick came in and prodded her to wake her.

That was annoying.

In response, Kestrel said nothing. In a quick second or two Kestrel had gotten out of bed, tied back her hair, retrieved and pulled on her armor, and put her weapons in her belt, all in a dark-clad blur. It was the first time she'd deliberately done anything abnormal in front of her new team, but annoying Rick Spade seemed like a sensible reason to start.

Once she was standing fully dressed and ready, Kestrel commented, "If you could get out the door more quickly, you would sleep in, too. But if it's 'hurry up and wait' you want, then I'll hurry up and wait."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Rick watched as Kestrel Rushed around the room, the whirlwind picking up around him. He realized that it must have been agonizing to just sit around and wait, especially at the speed she perceived things.

When Kestrel finished and stood there, Rick smiled. "You're fast. I understand how painful it must be to sit around and wait, but following that logic, you might as well just stay here and wait as we slowly make our way to the gate, then jet over there and meet up with us. You're to stick with us for a reason, and so you'll need to let us know when you're ready. We can't perceive time at the rate that you do, so unfortunately I'll have to ask you to hurry up and wait." He then smiled at her, "Now, shall we wake up this little ball of rubber here?"

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:30 pm

The only thing worse than uninvited sympathy was insincere uninvited sympathy. She strongly doubted Rick cared whether it was difficult for her to keep their pace, and it certainly had no bearing on her ability to do as she was commanded.

"I've been sticking to your pace so far, as are my orders," Kestrel replied.

"As for Skye, nothing seems to be waking her. I don't have much experience with females--" The word came out as a clear slur. "--so I recommend retrieving her brother and letting him deal with her."

And, just because Rick was determined to act like a superior officer, Kestrel thought it might be amusing to saddle him with the most frustrating duty of command--the need to give orders. A good subordinate did no more and no less than she was told, which was also coincidentally the behavior of a very frustrating subordinate.

"So, sir," Kestrel said. "Shall I retrieve him?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:34 am

Rick had been sincere about his care for her plight, but her statements to him showed she didn't believe him. Rick mentally smiled at the situation, though, realizing that if Kestrel didn't think he cared, then nothing he said would change that. He also noticed the, frankly, juvenile attempt at irritating him by making him have to give her orders. Rick had been on any number of missions with Ben. This treatment barely itched. Still, he decided for her sake to seem irritated. He scratched his head a little, thought about, then said, "Sure, go get him. Meanwhile, let's see if this wakes her up."

Rick opened up his trenchcoat, reached in, and pulled out what looked like an aluminum bat. It said "Louisville Slugger" on the side of it, and had wood grains on it that suggested it used to be wooden. At the handle, though, there was a little dial and a button. Rick turned the dial down very low, then pressed the button. There was a slight hum. He then took the bat and prodded Skye with it, delivering a tiny electric shock to her.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:39 am

Kestrel snapped a quick salute and turned on her heel to find Vigilant. She wasn't entirely sure why Spade annoyed her so much. Something about people who wanted to assume the responsibilities of command without the burdens. Spade wanted to have his way and be listened to, but he phrased everything like a suggestion so that other people could tell themselves he wasn't being bossy.

Whatever. He'd learn to either take real command, or treat people like adults who could make their own tactical decisions. Which he chose was up to him.

Taking the opportunity vent her impatience, Kestrel allowed herself her own comfortable speed when she joined the others. "Vigilant. If you could wake your sister, it would be appreciated."

ElComodoro

Unread postby ElComodoro » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:51 pm

Micheal shook his head in response to Vigilant's question. Rather than get involved in the ensuing battle of wills, the doctor kept his mouth shut. He was too tired to get in the middle of anything, and his thoughts were on his stomach rather than the relative merits of infiltration vs psychic memory modification. Instead he smiled at Dr. Brearley when she emerged.

As Rick left to wake up the other two, Micheal turned to Ben. "You didn't happen to grab some local currency on the way out did you? It completely slipped my mind to requisition food, and I'm starving. If we've got another day or so of hiking, I'd like to eat."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:33 am

Vigilant looks up to Kestral as she emerges from the bedroom. "Not up yet? Right." Nodding, he steps into the room just as Rick sets off the shock. Tensing at the sight of the discharge, Vigilant readies himself to knock Rick out of the way should Skye wake up the way he expects.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:41 am

"Rick is, like, carrying a fridge or something, probably," Ben told Michael. "He's kind of in love with that superspace he carries around with him. But if you want to try the local food, I can convince someone to part with some." Ben didn't seem to be paying close attention to Michael; it was like he was distracted, listening to something else. "I think something stupid is about to happen, and I think it's Rick's fault. Man, I wish I had an easier time reading minds."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:39 am

Skye stood on the rooftop overlooking the vacant lot for the better part of an hour, now. Michael Q. Oxbig, one of the regions more notorious mutants, had taken a school bus captive, and Skye had been assigned to diffuse the situation.

She crouched, stretching her neck a little bit to get a better look at things. Oxbig was there, alright, tormenting the kids while waiting for a ransom. But, he was also doing what she wanted him to- He was making his way off the bus.

She stepped back, making sure her uniform was straight (The blue and yellow one the Enforcers gave her when they switched their team look, thank you.), before gripping the edge of the building. As she did, she began walking backwards, while keeping her arms tight.

As soon as her target was off the bus, she snapped her arms back to normal, using her body itself as a giant slingshot and shooting all 130 pounds of her mass (Amplified greatly by the sling-shot force of her rubber arms) towards him.

She connected, he went flying into the bus. She bounced backwards and grinned, hands on her hips. "You'll think twice befo-"

And then, the shock. She should have been ready. She should've been cautious. She had to defend herself!

---

Skye shot up from her position at the shock, shooting her elastic arms out, and trying to strangle Rick with her tiny, tiny hands.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:21 am

Addy inclined her head back at Rick, she understood the need to hurry up, even more after listening to Vigilant and his conscious, albeit slightly paranoid, view on things. She agreed with him, if Ben was somehow incapacitated they needed to be able to counter for that, but she had a hard time seeing anyone get the upper hand on the... well, what was it? The Ben Hive-mind?

She nodded to Kestrel as the woman came out through the door, having heard a bit of what had been said inside, but also having the good manners to not remark upon them.

"Is mr Spades waking miss Skye now?" she asked, readjusting her glasses slightly, her left arm giving an involuntary twitch as she covered a yawn neatly, "Perhaps miss Skye is me-"

She didn't have time to finish the sentence as the sound of Skye attempting to strangle Rick cut her off.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:55 am

Snapping to action, Vigilant jumps forward, shoving Rick out of the way of the attack he knew was to come as soon as he awoke her. He makes his best effort to block the attack - thankfully, he's both better-protected and better-prepared for this - but with a person made of rubber, there's always a question as to the effects of such a strike.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs