Sweet Home: Fractured Nightmares (n/m l.o.l.)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:13 am

The sudden plunge downards elicited a sharp scream from the archmage, which provided some unfortunate timing once she hit the odd liquid, forcing some into her already open mouth. This is met with sputtering and coughing as she retched, trying to remove the terrible taste, to the point where she is dry heaving.

Once she notices her surroundings a little more, this is met with more dry heaving accompanied by crying. She wasn't afraid to cry right now (there was no one around to see regardless) and frankly, could not help it: death, corpses, these were all things she had deep fear of.

It isn't until she realizes that she's on the verge of drowning does she begin to push herself, flailing at first to stay afloat before forcing herself to take stronger, more controlled strokes. Swimming was a prerequisite skill for a major in water magic at Gunnir, thankfully.

From there, the older woman swam north, eager to find some escape from the corpses.

User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Under

Unread postby Endadelta » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:36 pm

She would swim, now, into yet another plunge which would land her on moist but relatively solid ground. The lingering light source that remained provided enough illumination to reveal that she was on some sort of concrete surface, covered in both long-since dried blood as well as the water which she had just now been immersed in.

A brief look around would reveal that the stone she was on bordered what appeared to be some sort of trail through a sewer-like area. The trail, however, appeared to lead from the stone, directly through a ramshackle village of some sort, constructed from what appeared to be long-decayed wood and mortar. Though no people were present from what she could see, she could always investigate... possibly get some help.

Or, given her location, she could simply make her way through and out. It was her choice.

LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:30 pm

Relief filled Genevive as she caught ahold of that solid ground. She would kiss it were the water not in contact with it at some point as well. She pulled herself up, shoving herself to her feet, and looking over her shoulder wildly to assure herself that the grey creature was not still in pursuit.

Perhaps, she thinks, I shouldn't wait for it to catch up.

She walked forwards into the villiage, noting the strange dwellings with the faint curiosity that had always been carried with her. Rather than ignoring the structures completely, she chose to venture inside, perhaps in search of another person. Perhaps one of the people that had come with her was in there, somewhere.

User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Man

Unread postby Endadelta » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:21 pm

Genevive would indeed find that these ramshackle structures had no door of any sort, allowing immediate entry without the need of opening a door.

This random structure entry would provide Genevive with what would indeed appear to be a person; not one of the people she had come inside with, but rather a complete stranger, laying on a makeshift bed of some sort. The stranger in question was a extremely pale man who appeared to be in his 30s. His clothes were the ragged remains of what appeared to be a mage's cloak of some sort. A Black Mage's hat, itself worn and torn, lay on a table near the bed.

A moment would pass before the man, apparently awake, would turn directly to Genevive. During this time, he whipped a previously unseen dagger out from behind the bed and waved it at her in a threatening manner.

He coughed violently for a second, but then managed to get a few words out, speaking in a tone that quavered and teetered on the brink of insanity. "So help me god, you won't get me like you got the others! Stay back!"

LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:29 pm

This was a relief. He was, at least, a human of some sort and certainly not a monster. At least as far as Genevive could tell.

"Ah! Sir!" Genevive lifted her hands up in front of her in a defensive fashion, "Please, calm down, I am not here to 'get' anyone. I am a perfectly normal person looking to escape this place."

It probably helped that Genevive was unarmed-though this does make her wonder where the hell along the way she had dropped her staff. It was no matter regardless, she could replace it once this ordeal was over.

User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Moment

Unread postby Endadelta » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:11 pm

The man seemed to stare at her for a moment longer before dropping to his knife and falling back into his former prior position.

"Oh, thank god. They... they already got everyone else. I was just waiting for them to get me, as well... though I'd be damned if I went out without a fight. God, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry to you all... I didn't know, couldn't know, never knew... ohhhh..."

Moments later, the man seemed to burst into hysterical sobbing; this was followed with his thrusting his dirtied and bloodied hands up to his face, with his time-worn fingers clenching at his flesh and pulling at them in a bizarre motion.

"Mother of god, I didn't know... never knew before... didn't want it... please..."

LadyDragonClawsEDW
Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:47 pm

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:11 pm

Genevive remained on guard until that knife hit the ground. Hell, she remained on guard even after that for if those really were black mage robes this man was wearing, he wouldn't need an actual weapon to harm her.

"They..?" Genevive said warily, "..they who..no no, calm down..calm DOWN." she reached over to the man and tried to grab him by the wrists. She didn't know if this man would go so far as to pull the flesh from his face, but given what she's seen so far, she didn't want to risk having to actually witness it.

User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Unread postby Endadelta » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:45 am

As soon as Genevive attempted to seize hold of the man in an attempt to restrain and calm him, the surrounding environment suddenly began to shift, wildly, in color and tone, from the former already dim shades to something far darker than before.

"This is... this is from the darkness! It comes with the darkness!" The man allowed his hands to be wrenched away from his face, and his focus appeared to have shifted to that of wide-eyed fear. "The bone taker! The Thin Man! He comes when the darkness comes! He takes you away! Away to use the bones!"

The man attempted to stand, now, and had little success in getting himself up and off the bed. "The man... bones... taking them! Death comes in darkness!"

Previous

Return to Other RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

Yalogank