Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Now, sir, a war is won!

Unread postby Spleen » Mon May 15, 2006 11:09 pm

(The following was done in a chat room, because Nama wanted to make sure the conditionals worked right.)

Adil: Sunder vs. <span style="color:green;">hg</span>'s longsword: 39
<span style="color:green;">hg</span>'s longsword takes 32 damage and is broken.
Adil: Attack vs. <span style="color:green;">hg</span>: 26
<span style="color:green;">hg</span> takes 28 damage.


Adil's first attack comes in just at the base of the weapon's blade and removes almost the entire thing, leaving nothing of any note attached to the hilt besides an inch or so of jagged steel. The second is just as mighty, whipping across the creature's chest and gouging a thick, gory line into the flesh.

Mulligan's Turn


Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/15/06 23:13

User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Now, sir, a war is won!

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon May 15, 2006 11:14 pm

"Hey, wizard," he says, speaking to mulligan, "You wouldn't happen to have any rope, would you? If you do, could you please do something about this hobgoblin? I think one of our prey is about to run away, and I think I should try and prevent such an occurrence, don't you?"

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/15/06 23:15

GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Now, sir, a war is won!

Unread postby GC130A » Mon May 15, 2006 11:23 pm

Mulligan runs in pursuit of the fleeing gobbo, casting what is arguably the most gruesome spell in his repertoire at him.

"Cerlor!" he barks, "grab the goblin and hold him still!"

(Move to I8 and Wrack on <span style="color:orange;">g</span>, Fortitude DC 19 Negates. Ordering the effigy to grapple <span style="color:orange;">g</span>.)


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Now, sir, a war is won!

Unread postby Spleen » Mon May 15, 2006 11:25 pm

(Hey, while we're waiting for GC, anyone got any suggestions for a title for this thread? At least a new temporary one.

If the poison had affected Ciele and caused a crisis, I was gonna change it to "A Series of Unfortunate Saving Throws", but that didn't happen.

EDIT: Ah, there he went.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/15/06 23:36

User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby Spleen » Tue May 16, 2006 7:13 pm

<span style="color:orange;">g</span>: Fortitude Save: 19

Mulligan's foe seems to jerk, once. Then he squares his shoulders and picks up his head, his body repelling the gnome's magical assault.

Cerlorendbelrayiaioaie leaves the unconscious hobgoblin alone to attend to his master's latest wish. Moving swiftly, the effigy enters G2, preparing to grapple its other inhabitant. Before he can do that, though, the goblin takes an opportunistic swipe at him with his short sword.

<span style="color:orange;">g</span>: Attack Roll vs. Cerlor: 18

The effigy's prodigiously reinforced hide repels the blow as he makes a grab for the goblin.

Cerlor: Grab vs. <span style="color:orange;">g</span>: 24
Cerlor: Grapple vs. <span style="color:orange;">g</span>: 23
<span style="color:orange;">g</span>: Grapple vs. Cerlor: 13


Cerlor establishes a hold on the goblin, not hurting him but also not letting him move an inch.

The now-unarmed archer, knowing that he will not survive long enough to pick up his bow, backpedals a bit and then turns and runs away, ending up in M1. (This is a withdraw action and the first space he inhabited does not count as threatened)

Hargen's Turn

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/16/06 20:27

GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby GC130A » Tue May 16, 2006 8:20 pm

"All yours," Mulligan says to Dashe, indicating the effigy's captive.


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue May 16, 2006 8:31 pm

"Great," Dashe says, "Now if only we had some rope..." He then sees the other hobgoblin running. "Anyone wanna catch him?"

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/16/06 20:32

User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu May 18, 2006 4:48 pm

To most observers, Hargen would not be fast enough to catch the fleeing hobgoblin. However, he has some advantages that other people can't see.

Using the hook end of the halberd, he reached out and snagged the hobgoblin's leg, tripping him. He then brought down the flat side upon the prone archer. He said, "If you try and run, you'll regret it."

Hargen's trip attack against <span style="color:green;">hg</span>: 12 + 15 = 27 (touch attack)
Trip check: 15 + 12 = 27
Extra attack from Improved Trip (nonlethal damage, attacking a prone enemy): 6 + 15 = 21
Damage: 9 + 15 = 24 (nonlethal)



User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby Spleen » Thu May 18, 2006 5:38 pm

Hargen moved to K3 before he made the trip attempt (Zem told me).

<span style="color:green;">hg</span>: Opposed Trip Roll: 17
<span style="color:green;">hg</span> falls prone, then takes 24 nonlethal damage, then falls unconscious.


The archer didn't even get a chance to try and decode Hargen's words in the unfamiliar Gorlish language, as he was already quite unconscious by the time the words were spoken, having been cleanly tripped by Hargen's halberd.

(I should point out: If anyone needs a map at any time, just ask. It can get confusing a lot of the time. I put up as few maps as I do only to conserve time and webspace; I will gladly give you an up-to-date map if you need one.)

Ciele's Turn


(I should note, for the record, that all the goblinoids are either dead, unconscious, or in the grip of a dragon effigy.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/18/06 18:47

User avatar
Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:51 am

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu May 18, 2006 6:51 pm

Now that it seems that there won't be too much more trouble, Ciele quickly chants a spell of healing on herself, and then sighs. "I do NOT. Like. Goblins." she says, sounding every bit the pissed off noble for just a moment.

(Ciele casts "Cure Light Wounds" and heals 3 + 5 = 8 HP to herself, bringing her to <span style="color:blue;">54</span>/59 HP.

Spells per day left : 5+d/3+d/3+d/1+d )


Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nakibe>Nakibe</A] at: 5/18/06 18:56

User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby Spleen » Thu May 18, 2006 7:28 pm

The goblin struggled in the grip of the effigy, trying to escape Cerlor's grasp.

<span style="color:orange;">g</span>: Escape Artist check: 14
Cerlor: Opposed Grapple check: 20


However, he can't seem to slip out.

Varlak's Turn

(EDIT: I really gotta start remembering to close my bold tags.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/18/06 19:54

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby Kelne » Thu May 18, 2006 9:52 pm

"Excellent," Varlak murmured, taking in the capture of the remaining goblinoids. He made his way back to collect his discarded crossbow, then began casting about for some rope. Surely somebody must have brought some...


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby GC130A » Thu May 18, 2006 11:37 pm

Seeing the goblin try to squirm away from his servant, Mulligan issues new orders. "Cerlor, maintain your hold on the goblin. If he escapes from your grasp on his own, kill him." He gives the captive a meaningful look, hoping that the thing is intelligent enough to understand.


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby Spleen » Fri May 19, 2006 4:03 pm

Mulligan realizes that not only is the goblin smart enough to understand, but (judging by his reaction to Mulligan's words) apparently speaks Gorlish. "I'll tell you whatever you want to know if you agree to let me live," he says, still straining to free his upper torso from Cerlor enough to at least breathe comfortably.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/19/06 16:07

User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Tch...

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri May 19, 2006 8:39 pm

Dashe looked at the strruggling goblin. "Why do we not just kill him?" he said, being entirely serious. "We have captured two other goblins. He is just a nuisance..." Dashe looked at the goblin and smiled sarcastically. "Not to mean any offense or anything."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby Kelne » Fri May 19, 2006 9:10 pm

Varlak sighed. A certain bloodthirstiness was only to be expected from hired mercenaries, but they really ought to know better.

"It's perfectly simple, really," he said, "If we go around killing excess witnesses, there's only so much we can threaten the survivor with. And he might not be feeling particularly cooperative by that point."

Of course, there were other reasons to hear from multiple witnesses. It reduced the odds that one would lie to their faces without being contradicted, for starters. It also meant that the individuals would be less able to cut a good deal. Varlak doubted that the judge would be feeling particularly lenient when it came to sentencing, which was all to the good.


NamagomiMk0
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:47 am

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat May 20, 2006 3:56 pm

Adil, though having his own ideas for the group, paused for a second--He predicted the handover to go in a more straightforward fashion, but it seemed as if there was something more to the whole situation. And now there was one who was willing to exchange information for his life. As much as he wanted to rid the world of these four, as to prevent and discourage further occurrences, information was, for a lack of other words, necessarily. Grudgingly, the dragonhalf tightens his grip on the blade, and starts in Gorlish "I'll have to agree with him on the point of not killing everyone. If nothing else, the leader and that goblin both know something about it, and one's willing to divulge. I would rather both of those alive for at least that long."

Adil's gaze then turned over to the "leader", the now-unconscious hobgoblin that held a hammer and a shield of significant size who, just a bit less than a minute ago, was shoveling money into an extradimensional-space-in-a-bag. "By the way, I would say that Bergher would want his money back right about now," he said, almost in a jovial manner as he chuckles to himself.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 5/20/06 15:56

User avatar
Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:51 am

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby Nakibe » Sat May 20, 2006 4:04 pm

Ciele walks calmly over to the dragon-alike that's so kindly posed to crush a goblin chest and looks down. "I'm sure Mister Bergher would prefer to have his daughter back first. Just like I'm sure that THIS particularly foul creature would like to keep its spine. Unbroken. But, since he isn't talking..." Ciele then just throws up her hands. I mean, its not like its HER problem anymore.

Although Ciele DOES look a bit more approvingly at Varlak. I mean, at least ONE of these mercenaries has a sense of decency. Then again, she reminds herself that she really didn't KNOW anything about mercenaries, and certainly not THIS eclectic bunch.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nakibe>Nakibe</A] at: 5/20/06 16:14

User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat May 20, 2006 6:41 pm

((Since Varlak doesn't seem to want to take any actions, Dashe's waiting.))

Dashe sighed deeply. "Perhaps the point of intimidating the goblin escaped you guys. Either way, we still need information." He takes a deep breath, beginning to feel some of his eldritch power flow through his veins, speeding up the healing process (fast healing 1), then walks over to the conscious goblin and smiles. "So, you want to keep your life? Then tell us where the girl is." He then made a grab for the goblin's throat.

(Grapple check: 17+4=21)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/20/06 18:44

User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby Spleen » Sat May 20, 2006 9:20 pm

Over the course of the next 2 minutes, Dashe will gain 20 HP.

"Yes, I think Bergher rather would want his money back," says a disembodied voice very near Adil. The top of the bag compresses as though grasped, and then floats up into the air. "Bag of holding," the voice of Bergher says. "Convenient." As the invisible merchant scoops the rest of the money into the magic bag, he speaks to those at hand.

"Now, listen, all of you. I suspected there would be problems here; that's why I hired all of you. What I didn't want to do, though, was trick any of you into going into definite danger. So I am offering to re-hire the six of you. I will pay you twice again what I already owe each of you if you'll find where those bastards are holding my daughter and bring her back."

<span style="color:orange;">g</span>: Grapple check: 23
(Dashe's real Grapple mod is actually +11; Darkknight forgot to include his BAB in the calculation. Thus, Dashe actually won.)
Dashe gains a +2 circumstance bonus for favorable conditions on his next Intimidate check against this goblin.


NamagomiMk0
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:47 am

Re: Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat May 20, 2006 9:57 pm

Adil nods in the rough direction of Bergher's voice, starting "Count me in. And I will say--I WILL make sure of her freedom, no matter what."

After this (whenever he moves, of course), he walks over to the currently incapacitated archer (double-move to N2), watching the hobgoblin for a twofold purpose--to see if he awakens, and to prepare a deathblow for him; allowing him to get away would only spell trouble, and it's only a subordinate anyway. There's nothing that could be gained that couldn't be learned from the goblin or the leader.


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Tch...

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat May 20, 2006 10:06 pm

Dashe looks at the floating Bag of Holding. "If I get to punch more of these beasts, I woudl be more than glad to help you find your daughter and return her.

He then turns back to the goblin and begins speaking in a slow deliberate voice, to ensure that the monster hears the enunciation on every word he says.

"So, bastard, where is the girl?" He tightens his hold on the goblin's neck a bit.

(Intimidate Check: 12+1+2=15)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/20/06 22:34

User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Tch...

Unread postby Spleen » Sat May 20, 2006 10:09 pm

Dashe should make an Intimidate check with the aforementioned +2 bonus.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Tch...

Unread postby Kelne » Sun May 21, 2006 6:37 am

"I will continue on," Varlak said. Any other response was simply out of the question. His reputation would suffer terribly if he simply walked away at this point.

For now, he was happy to let Dashe continue with the interrogation. If required, he could always step in and play 'good cop'.


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Tch...

Unread postby GC130A » Sun May 21, 2006 7:32 pm

Mulligan pulls a pair of manacles out of his pack and starts fitting them on the hobgoblin leader's hands, speaking as he does.

"I shall do so as well. It would be a shame to the Union if I didn't follow through on this contract, you know!"


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Tch...

Unread postby Spleen » Tue May 23, 2006 8:09 pm

<span style="color:orange;">g</span>: Modified Level Check (Opposed Intimidate Roll): 11

The goblin, nearly unable to breathe, manages to choke out, "The girl's...our camp...prisoner..."


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Oops...

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue May 23, 2006 8:11 pm

Dashe realizes that he might be holding a bit too hard and loosened his grip before the goblin's green skin turns a shade of blue.

"Good, now we're getting somewhere. And where is this camp?"


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Oops...

Unread postby Spleen » Tue May 23, 2006 11:13 pm

The goblin catches his breath, then answers. "It's about three miles due southwest," he says. "But it's large and it's heavily-guarded."

None of you have heard of this settlement, despite it being so large and so close.


NamagomiMk0
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:47 am

Baka. e_e

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue May 23, 2006 11:48 pm

Adil, done looking over the fallen hobgoblin, grasps his sword tighter, and takes a step to the left to get the best angle...

To the half-dragon, there is no reason to allow his continued existence. As with the other hobgoblins, it seems to have made tyranny the only purpose of its existence. To him, it didn't have to die for a simple desire of bloodlust or revenge, however angered he was at the archer when he was first struck at. Something that exists to deny others of their freedom--not only freedom to have what is theirs, but also freedom to simply live without being, for example, kidnapped. Additionally was the possible detriment to the immediate group were they allowed to live longer than needed; alerting the group to their plans was more than enough. The goblin, on the other hand, had the intention of divulging information for his life--as he willingly surrendered, he decided, he would at least get the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

...However, that was then, now is now--the archer had nothing that the goblin or the leader couldn't divulge, and he was one of the ones who apparently only took joy in pushing others around. He lined up his strike...and swung downward hard with his sword, intending to, at least as much as possible, cleave the hobgoblin in half, stating in Draconic, with a hard tone, "May this be an example for all who impose their tyranny on those who wish to live in peace!"

(Attempting coup de grace on <span style="color:green;">hg</span> after taking a 5-foot-step to N1. Provokes an AoO for anyone who threatens Adil's space)

Damage Roll: [5(roll)+22]*2=54.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 5/24/06 0:45

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Baka. e_e

Unread postby Kelne » Wed May 24, 2006 12:07 am

Very interesting indeed. It didn't sound like the hobgoblins were locals at all. He drew in a breath to question the captive further, but was interrupted by Adil's pronouncement.

"Adil!" He snapped angrily, in an effort to distract the mercenary's attention from killing off the captive. Unfortunately, there wasn't time for anything else before the sword came down...


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Baka. e_e

Unread postby GC130A » Wed May 24, 2006 2:46 am

Mulligan is in the middle of binding the hobgoblin leader when he is interrupted by the sound of his native tongue. Just in time, it would seem, to see Adil kill an unconscious prisoner.

"Impose their..." the wizard sputters, "are you crazy or just bloodthirsty as a horde of drunken orcs?!"


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Baka. e_e

Unread postby Spleen » Wed May 24, 2006 4:14 pm

The archer jerks once with the strangled gasp of his final breath, the adamantine blade cutting deep into his middle back, cleanly severing the spinal cord and doing irreperable damage to vital organs. He dies immediately.

The effects on the goblin captive are almost as strong. "Krabuo..." he whispers, his already green face paling even further, his eyes wide and incredulous.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/24/06 16:15

User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Baka. e_e

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed May 24, 2006 10:29 pm

"Damn... I wanted to do that..." Dashe said as he watched the hobgoblin die. "Oh well." He returned to questioning the goblin. "Well, as you can see, there are few people here that don't like useless creatures lieing around, so make yourself useful. Is the camp guarded? If so how many? And where exactly is the girl in the camp?"


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Baka. e_e

Unread postby Spleen » Wed May 24, 2006 11:27 pm

The goblin looks around from face to face. "Yes, it's guarded. There's guard towers with archers and there's a gate protected by an ogre. The prison...I think they're holding her in the back of the camp. There's cells in a building in the back part and there's cells in the temple, but the cells in the temple are only for sacrifices, and I don't think she's supposed to be a sacrifice. Can I live?"


NamagomiMk0
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:47 am

Re: Baka. e_e

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Thu May 25, 2006 3:06 am

"You can," Adil starts while cleaning blood and any possible internal hobgoblin matter from his sword, his masked face turning toward the likely now scared-shitless goblin and ignoring his two or three likely irate co-workers. "If you answer a few questions for me first. Otherwise...I think you can see for yourself," he continues as he motions over to the really un-alive near-vivisected hobgoblin with his sword as he begins to walk over in the direction of the unconscious leader, but stopping halfway there (move to K5)

"First," he questioned sternly, "did you willingly, conditionally, or unwillingly aid these three?"


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Alignment violations? I don't see any of those here!

Unread postby GC130A » Thu May 25, 2006 2:39 pm

"Hold on just a frigging second!" Mulligan continues his objections, "I'm all for the mindless slaughter of the helpless, but that's hardly your decision to make, Adil!"


NamagomiMk0
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:47 am

Re: Alignment violations? I don't see any of those here!

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:47 pm

"Hardly my decision to make?!" Adil counters, "It was for the best of ALL that he died! Better he die now for his tyranny than be allowed to run back to this camp, and not only continue to aid in the oppression of others, but further hinder us in our efforts to rescue Bergher's daughter!"


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Alignment violations? I don't see any of those here!

Unread postby GC130A » Thu May 25, 2006 2:52 pm

"Of all the... never in all my years have I heard of killing something because there wasn't enough rope to go around! Have you never heard of 'moderation' or 'using appropriate force'?" the wizard says angrily.

"Godsdamned paladins," he mutters under his breath.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gc130a>GC130A</A] at: 5/25/06 15:13

NamagomiMk0
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:47 am

Re: Alignment violations? I don't see any of those here!

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Thu May 25, 2006 3:36 pm

"Rope? I don't see why we need rope. Do you think you're law enforcement?" the fighter snapped back, "If Bergher wanted guards to hand them over, he would've gotten them! Me, personally, I don't believe in letting others do later what you can do now!"



User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Alignment violations? I don't see any of those here!

Unread postby Spleen » Thu May 25, 2006 3:47 pm

Before the goblin can answer Adil's question, the argument breaks out between Mulligan and the half-dragon. The creature finally manages to get a word in edgewise, several in fact. "They made me come. I didn't want to. The boss, he told me that he'd kill my family if I didn't come. My family's in the camp and they can't leave unless the boss wants them to, and if I fail he might never let them. I didn't want to join their tribe. I'm not even a hobgoblin. They made me do it. Please, you have to believe me."


PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron

Yalogank