Doing What They Can (D&D 3.5 campaign)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Thought you'd never ask

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:30 am

((Sounds right to me.))


NamagomiMk0
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:47 am

Re: Thought you'd never ask

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:27 am

(Correct)


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Thought you'd never ask

Unread postby GC130A » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:13 pm

(Ah, sorry I wasn't clear; Mulligan requested that Dashe accompany him. Other than that, seems fine.)


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Thought you'd never ask

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:30 am

((Then I guess I'll be on the Invasionary team, then.))


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Thought you'd never ask

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:25 pm

(Fair enough.)

You begin to approach the camp, by the words of the goblin. His recommendation, given in a whisper, is for the diversion team to attack from the front, and the infiltration team to take out one of the towers on the other end of the camp, but he's just a prisoner, after all, and there's no need to listen to him. You're close enough to the camp at this point that raised voices or even prolonged whispering run a substantial risk of getting you found. (Move Silently checks are being rolled.)


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Thought you'd never ask

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:04 am

"What spells do you have ready, again?" Dashe whispered to the little man on his back, having forgotten the list he had already given him. Dashe had never been very good with lists. Or memory. His parents swore he had some kind of memory problem.


GC130A
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby GC130A » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:50 pm

Mulligan, visibly annoyed at this query, chooses to instead cast one of his spells, opting for silent communication. (Message) "Right, so," he whispers, magically silent, "here's the actual plan. I shrink you down to my size," here he nods to Varlak, "and you," he indicates Dashe, "fly and carry the three of us over the wall while the four of us are invisible. You," he nods to their goblin captive, "guide him," he points to Dashe, "as close as we can get to the temple before the spell wears off on you," he gestures to Varlak again, "after which you," he says to Dashe, "will fly slightly off the ground to keep him," to Varlak, "in the invisibility spell while he sneaks along the ground. When we find the girl, I and whoever wants to come with will teleport back to Breve. Meanwhile you lot," he indicates the diversion team, "do what it is you do best. Any problems with that?" he finishes as he pulls out another scroll.

(To clarify since Mulligan isn't bothering with names. Mull is suggesting using Reduce Person on Varlak, having Dashe carry Smaller Varlak, himself and the goblin over the wall under Invisibility Sphere, then when the Reduce Person wears off, having Varlak go on foot and Dashe fly low to keep him inside the Sphere. And yes, I do realize the obvious flaw in this plan. :D)


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:30 am

(Which flaw is that?)


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby Zemyla » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:06 pm

(Just because he realizes it doesn't mean you have to.)


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:47 pm

"If you're certain you can carry the three of us," Varlak says softly, addressing Dashe, "Then we may as well be about it." He isn't overly enamoured with the idea of being reduced in such a manner, but leave it to a mage to come up with an unorthodox method of sneaking everyone into the camp.

Keeping everyone inside the radius of the spell may be tricky once they've been set down, but by that point, he expects the distraction to be kicking in.


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:10 pm

Dashe closed his eyes and attempted to do a few mental calculations. He was attempting to see if he'd be able to carry all three of them.

"How big will you be? And how heavy? I do not think I can fly carrying more than... maybe a hundred pounds. Do you think that you will weigh less than that?"


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:36 am

"180 pounds, give or take," Varlak murmurs after some momentary calculation, "Assuming the spell knocks me down to about a quarter of that, it'll be 45 pounds."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kelne>Kelne</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/7/06 6:37

User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:23 pm

(Dashe and Mull know it's actually 1/8. Behold the Spellcraft skill!)


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby Zemyla » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:58 pm

Hargen whispers to the rest of the diversion team, "Shall we attack now, or are we waiting for something else?"


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:30 pm

"Yes, we shall wait for you," Dashe said. "Once we hear commotion, we shall begin our infiltration." He then turned back to Mulligan. "OK, that seems alright. Once we start hearing commotion, cast the spells and we'll get this started."


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:41 pm

Hargen addressed Adil and Ciele. "Our plan is basically to charge in and hold the center, and keep the hobgoblins pinned down. We will stay together so we can guard each others' backs and so Ciele can heal us. Any objections?"


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:27 am

(OOC: Goddamn Spleen FINISH THE DAMN MAP!

I'm done.)


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:05 pm

(OOC: I'll finish the map when the rest of you put me in a situation where you all need to have the map. It seems right now that you're all waiting for each other.)


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:04 pm

(OOC: Well, then let's get a move on.)

Dashe pushed the hobgoblin in a such a way as to indicate that he should take the lead, and followed cosely behind him. If there was even the slightest hostile motion, though he doubted there would be any, he'd blast him (Readying an action to use my Eldritch Blast if he makes any threatening gestures or movements).


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:25 am

Varlak followed along in the pair's wake, awaiting the time at which the elaborate magical means of entry would be enacted.

He tried to shake off the sensation that somehow, something was going to go terribly wrong.


User avatar
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: Demon Realms of Niu-Jiurzi

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:54 pm

(Okay, guys. Time to be truthful: Do some or all or any of you actually want to continue this RP?)


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:56 pm

(I do!)


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:51 am

(Still up for it.)


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Crap! Guess I'm the mover here. ._. If not the shaker.

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:12 pm

(It's not like I don't ask about this EVERY DAY! Yeah, I'm in.)


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:29 pm

(Is this still alive? Is Spleen?)
I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound

Previous

Return to Other RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank