Elemaer: On Two Fronts

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: LOOK IT'S A NEW SUBJECT LINE!

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:38 pm

Avry'l stood listlessly behind the group, watching the food assemble on the table.

His eyes looked neither excited nor dissapointed at the food; he simply watched and waited.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: LOOK IT'S A NEW SUBJECT LINE!

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:18 pm

Tur lead the way to the aforementinoned cabin, where she found food being set out on a table, and everyone in the team of adventurers standing around the table, watching.

PopoSujo

. . .

Unread postby PopoSujo » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:53 pm

Vas looked around at others standing around the table in a quizzical manner. No one seems to want to sit down...

"Uhm, ladies first?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: . . .

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:45 am

After hearing Vas voice his thoughts, she thought she might voice hers. "Since we're all so nice here, how about on the count of three?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: . . .

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:46 pm

Avyr'l immediately moved to the farthest corner in the room, standing against the wall, his scythe in tow.

He looked at the rest of the group with thin eyes, a pleased expression on his face.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/10/04 8:10 am

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Re: Elemaer: On Two Fronts

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:19 am

Jagen installed himself on Vas's bed, using the nightstand as a table. He spoke between mouthfuls of cubed Joh'dr fruit. "Everyone get some food. This could be the last time in a month that we get any this good, and remember: Joh'dr fruit prevents scurvy." He finished the last of the little food he'd put on his plate and stood up, pulling a rolled-up peice of paper out of his pack and showing it around. It displayed a roughly oval shape, various shades of green throughout except for some irregular grays and tans on the edges.

"This is an extremely rough map of Aenre Island. Most of it is an educated guess, because as far as we know, no human has set foot on it since before the Second Divine War. We have, basically, where the beaches are apparently the widest and where the forest looks thinnest from the sea, because that's the best we've come up with in nearly a thousand years. The first problem we're going to have is where to set up a base camp for ourselves. We can set up on the beach where it's wide, but that will mean we'll have to make a bit of a trek to forage for wood and the like from the forest, and would expose us to the elements. If we're really unlucky, being on the beach could put us at risk of a sea monster attack, and those can be nasty. We could also go into the forest, but we'd be vulnerable on the way in because we'd be carrying supplies and equipment with us, and we wouldn't be able to fight any audacious monsters that decide they want to investigate the sudden arrival of humanity. However, we'd have ready supplies of wood and what edible and useful plants we can find, and some protection from the weather until we put at least something over our heads. Plus, putting up simple structures is easier when there's trees around to hang stuff from. So, what does everyone think? The beach or the forest?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:20 am

Avery listened to every word, and had already decided his answer, but kept his mouth shut. In case it ended up as a tie, he wanted to be the tiebreaker.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/10/04 1:52 am

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:49 am

"Forest," Arenda said.

After answering Jagen's question, Arenda decided that it was finally time to shovel some food onto her plate and sit down. At the table. The proper way.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:59 am

(OOC: Hey, no fair. I already said there wasn't enough room at the table for all six of them. Read my second to last post.)

Jagen nodded. "Okay. Vas? Tur'nasus? Avry'l?"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:40 pm

(OOC: Life isn't fair.)

As Arenda waited for the others to answer, she ate a few cubes of Joh'dr fruit as Jagen had recommended. She didn't want scurvy, after all.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:42 pm

Tur grabbed some food for herself, and decided to stand.

"Forest," she said, voicing her opinion. "If being attacked on the way there is a problem, why not bring less and make more than one trip? Or, couldn't we also just laden one strong person with a lot of equipment, and have everyone else guard them, convoy style?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:27 pm

"All right, noted. Vas? Avry'l? Wispuna?"

He glanced around, noticing the missing sixth of the group. "Hey, where's Wisp?"

(OOC: Where is BG, anyway?)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:11 pm

"Oy..." Tur said, noticing the missing person as well. "I'll go get her."

She got up to go back to the cabin, but stopped at the door, turning back to say, "And guys, dont' eat all the food. I'm still hungry." With this she smiled and left the cabin to seek out the missing member of the group.

PopoSujo

Whoops

Unread postby PopoSujo » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:55 pm

Vas suddenly snapped his head up and stared at Jagen.

"Uhm, sorry, I kind of zoned out there for a minute." He grinned sheepishly for a second before getting a plate, grabbing some grub, and sitting on the floor with it.

"Well," he mumbled, mouth full of food, "I alsho fink tha going into the forest," here he swallowed, "is a good idea. Maybe setting up a base camp right on the edge of the forest, where we can retreat to open ground in the case monster attacks, yet still have the cover of the trees?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Whoops

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:44 pm

"Hmmm. . ." Avry'l spoke in a light voice, looking at Vas. "I was thinking of going deeper into the forest. . .don't you want to see what kind of creatures live down in there?" he ran his hand up and down the hilt of his scythe, contemplatively.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:26 pm

Tur continued to roam about the ship, trying to locate Wisp.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:26 am

"Our mission is to explore the island," Arenda said, looking at Av'ril. "We'll be seeing what lives down in there no matter where we put our camp."

She paused for a second to eat another piece of fruit, then continued speaking.

"So, I would say the edge of the forest would be the best place for it. I don't think we'll have much trouble crossing the beach, but I wouldn't want to travel too far through the trees while we're vulnerable."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:18 am

"Hmmm. . ." Avry'l voiced nothing more than a murmur, a sly grin appearing on his face, and then quickly dissolving.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:13 pm

Jagen thought a second, then nodded. "That's my vote, too. So, we'll camp in the forest, a little ways in but not too far. I'm sure whatever we do, we'll get a chance to see whatever lives there, because that's part of our mission - we have to catalogue the major monster varieties on the island. Hopefully there'll only be a few types, so that part will be short."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/18/04 4:13 pm

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:47 pm

(omg I am so sorry. I am going to go ahead and post but I am reading it right now. Sorry again . . .*bows*)

"Are there. . .realy monsters in the forest?" Wispuna asked shyly. She had been watching for some time, hoping to understand things better.

(I'm sorry. . .sorry *bows bows bows*)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=bunnygirle78>bunnygirle78</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/20/04 11:53 pm

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:04 am

(OOC: It's okay. Just please never do that again.)

Jagen blinked. "Of course there are monsters in the forest. Do you think the administration would have sent an armed, six-member expedition of Wind Guides and Gustohrans if the forest was at all safe? We're warriors, and we're here to do what warriors do best - and, you know, write some crap down and draw a crude map. But I'll worry about the maps and stuff, it's my job anyway."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:49 pm

Avyr'l grinned, watching Jagen. He did not speak, but it seemed as if he had some opinion on the issue. He simply followed Jagen with his eyes, waiting for him to finish, and then continued to stare at the man's determined face.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:57 pm

Apparently Tur was just joking about going to find Wisp, saying as though she was right there in the room. In fact, she hed never even left the room. She ate a few peices of fruit, waiting for the leader's decision.

PopoSujo

Dooby dooby doo...

Unread postby PopoSujo » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:01 pm

Vas stood up and placed his now empty plate on the table.

"Well, is that all we have to settle for the night? Any more business to lay out on the table?"

PopoSujo

Re: Dooby dooby doo...

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:38 pm

Vas looked out at everyone and the deafening silence.

"Uhm, okay then. I am gonna step outside for some air, it's a little stuffy in here." With that he stood up and made his way to the door, saying excuse me when necessary.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:49 pm

Avyr'l smirked, and stole a piece of fruit from the dinner table, munching on it thoughtfully while watching everyone else.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:35 pm

(OOC: It should be noted that Spleen has been grounded for reeasons he hasn't told me about. I'm not sure of his status, but as of now I'm pretty sure he won't be posting for a while. So, and I'm not sure of the details, but I will most likely be posting for him later one.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:11 pm

(OOC: I LIVE!!!!!!!!!!)

"Well, I believe that's it," Jagen said, "My suggestion is that we should go to sleep now and get an early start tomorrow. There's a worship service in the morning, and sailors are pretty strict about making sure to praise the Gods every day. I mean, if Trixer decides he doesn't like us, the sea could swallow up the ship."

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:32 pm

(Glad to see you back from jail he he heard you were grounded.)

"Thats true," Wispuna said with a yawn.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:15 pm

"Hm." Avry'l made a curt smile, and continued to stand in his corner, watching the others move around.

(OOC: I think skipping ahead is definitely a good idea.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/12/04 16:51

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:47 am

(OOC: Uh...Molo? Did you forget where they're having dinner?)

Jagen stood up from Vas's bed and took his plate over to the table. "Ladies, you can call it a night. Vas and I'll clean up the dishes."

(OOC: I vote we skip at least several days forward, perhaps even within sight of the island. Any objections?)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:24 pm

(OOC: Personally, I think this boat ride already lasted too long, but that's just me...)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:41 pm

(OOC: No one cares what you think :D

Seriously. TIME WARP OMG?)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Let's do tehteime warp again...

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:57 pm

(OOC: *Runs around dancing to the Time Warp song from Rocky Horror Picture Show* Let's do the time warp again....)

Spleen

Re: Let's do tehteime warp again...

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:32 pm

(OOC: Oh, pee in your shoe. Communist.

The Great and Powerful Pops McGee told me he supports the idea of skipping as a <strike>marital</strike> roleplaying aid.)

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:58 am

"Alright, then," Arenda said as she stood up from the table. "It's been a pleasure."

(OOC: Upon careful deliberation, I have concluded that skipping ahead will not only be a benefit to the RP, but also to the entire nation, to civilization, and to the very ideals of freedom and democracy. But it will only help communism a little.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 12/15/04 2:21

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:34 am

(OOC: In other news, does anyone know where the heck Popo went? =[ )

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:47 pm

(OOC: Pops is still around. I spoke to him online just the other day. Punk.

Okay. Now we'll wait for Bunnygirle's answer!
...I'm joking.)

The rest of the ride on the ship went relatively uneventfully. The readings at the worship service the second day out were one of the more interesting parts of Kes Kaidriu's On Loyalty and the chapter in the Book of the Valorous (the third of the five Sacred Texts) about Jayajen tricking the Dragon of the Deep Skies into bringing the moons back. The non-Avry'l members of the expedition did what they could to help with their limited sailing experience, and despite seasickness, a hairline crack in one of the Wind Orbs, little variety in the cuisine, and the official reprimand (for same vague, made-up misdemeanor) of the two Gustohran sailors whom Avry'l tricked, the ship reached its destination, and Aenre Island came into view.

"Laaand hoooo!!!" yelled the navigator.

"Laetha's wings!" exclaimed Jagen, who was standing much too near to him, "Could you yell that a little louder? I think I still have hearing left."

The navigator just shook his head and mumbled something that may have been akin to "landlubber", but was probably far closer to "irritating peice of crap".

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/15/04 22:47

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:39 am

Avry'l, who had once again found a high place at which to perch himself, looked down at the happenings with mild interest.

This time it was an outcropping from the crow's nest. He was more or less hidden by one of the large masts on the ship, so he had found this wide beam comfortable to not only sit, but sleep in as well, when he wasn't off doing other things.

He let himself slide headfirst off the balcony, his scythe balanced across the beam, and his legs intertwined above him, to keep himself from taking the long plunge down to the bottom of the ship. As the blood rushed to his head, he watched the people below, moving around like small, insignificant insects. . .and waited.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:07 am

Wispuna looked up. She had spent most of the trip with her head over the boat. She had never been on a boat before.

"Oh thank gods," she said holding her stomach. She pulled herself up and looked up to see Avry'l swinging about with no apparent aversion to the boat.

"I wish I had his stomach," she said still looking green.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs