Elemaer: On Two Fronts

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: Let's do tehteime warp again...

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:27 pm

Tur had spent the entire trip either helping out how she could on the ship, or praciticing. She found that target practice was getting boring, so she began taking aim at seagulls that had been flying past, but the decided not to, since she had only a limited number of good arrows.

She had been on a ship before, so she didn't feel that prone to polluting Trixer's sea with her slightly digested food. Still, though, she was quite hapy to have her life back in her own hands when the sailor up in the midts of the sails yelled about sighting land. She quickly jumped up from where she was sitting, reading a book she had "borrowed" from Jagen, stole into his room to replace the book, and returned to her room.

She hadn't taken up too much of a liking for the room, so she had little to clean up. She did, though, have some spare clothing strewn haphazardly around the room, which she had full intention of washing, just not at the moment. She would reluctantly admit to being a "tad" untidy. But just a tad. After cleaning up, she returned to her seat to watch the ship come to a halt on the beach.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:11 pm

(OOC: Disregard the existence of this post.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/17/04 22:13

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:12 pm

The captain climbed up the ladder to where Jagen and the navigator were standing. "It doesn't look like there's a decent spot to beach the ship," he said, "I figure we'll send out the expedition and the equipment in the convertible rowboats."

"That should be fine," Jagen said. "When do we launch?"

"The ship'll take about two hours to get to the best spot to launch the rowboats," the captain said, "Get your team together and bring the stuff from your cabins down belowdecks, so they can get loaded. We'll be back to pick you up in twenty days' time. Can you stomach that?"

"Shouldn't be a hassle," answered Jagen, "How long will we have provisions for?"

"Oh, provisions aren't any trouble. Use 'em well and they'll last you thirty days, and that's if you don't fish or forage or anything. Oh, and before I forget, there'll be a ship passing decently close to the east end of the island in about ten days' time. They're on orders to keep an extra pair of eyes on the beach as they pass. Put some kind of a signal for them on the beach and they'll come and see what you need. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Get your team and bring them belowdecks, and we'll send you off."

Jagen found Tur first. "Get everything you need belowdecks, we're launching out in rowboats in two hours," he said, "Tell the others if you see them, I'm going to talk to Avry'l." He pointed up to where the other Wind Guide was hanging. He began to chant - the incantation he needed was long and pretty complicated, but it was one he used often. At its completion, Jagen began to glow very slightly blue, as the spell of Greater Flight took hold. He let the magic break some of the invisible bonds of gravity holding his body down to the surface of Elemaer, and concentrated, summoning a pocket of air to lift his lightened form off the ground. "Hey, Avry'l," he said as he reached hearing range, "We're here. Get everything together that you need and get belowdecks in two hours."

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:26 pm

Wispuna sat down with her back against the ship and sighed.

"Oh the watter doesn't like me to much my stomach feel as if it is ready to escape."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:34 am

Avry'l smiled warmly at Jagen. "Nice of you to drop by."

He swung himself back to the top of the beam, and with his scythe at his side, began to climb down from the crow's nest.

A few minutes passed before he reached the bottom. He was either naturally slow at climbing, or was being slow on purpose just to draw attention to himself. Either way, he reached the bottom of the ship, stared at everyone for a while, and awaited further instructions.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:05 pm

Jagen, satisfied at Avry'l's at least partial deference, let himself drift to the ground, then proceeded into his cabin to get everything he needed.

(OOC: Where are Vas and Arenda?)

PopoSujo

Pyunh?

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:12 pm

Vas opened the door from his cabin and looked outside, shaking his head and running his fingers through his hair. The previous night he had stayed up late on the deck staring at the stars and contemplating existence and such.

He looked to Jagen and smiled as he saw the island up ahead. Finally, we're here. He reached his hands over his back and felt his two double-spears and ran his thumb across their blades. Mayhaps I'll get to put these to use.

He looked back over to Jagen. "Hey Jagen mate! Need any help getting stuff together?!" Vas always kept all of his stuff together, simply because in the past he had always been used to running from places quickly, so he didn't really need any time for himself.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=poposujo@rpgww60462>PopoSujo</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/18/04 17:23

Seethe347

Re: Pyunh?

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:05 pm

Arenda had overheard the "land ho" call and immediately returned to her cabin to prepare. She now emerged wearing her pack, armor, and sword and set about looking for Jagen, who she found as he neared the men's cabin. Seeing Vas standing by the door, she approached with a less than warm attitude. Along the trip, this attitude had risen to prominence whenever she was in Vas' presence, largely due to her resentment of having been knocked off the dock aggravated by a mild but perpetual sea-sickness.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:25 pm

Jagen smiled. "Nah, man. All of my stuff's easy to get, I don't have that much. We're launching in two hours, though, so make sure you have all of the stuff you need." He turned around, hearing someone approach, and noticed Arenda. "You, too, Arenda. Two hours, belowdecks, with everything packed?"

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:02 am

"Sir Jagen," Wispuna said shyly. "Dose this mean we will be able to get off of this boat?" She said smiling. "If it is then I want to help as much as possible."

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:28 am

"Alright Jagen."

Vas looked up at Arenda and smiled. He had been trying to make her warm up to him the whole trip and had apologized on several occassions about the water thing, but he didn't think it had had any effect yet.

"'Ey Arenda, need any help with anything? All of my stuff is already together, so I am looking for stuff to do for the next couple of hours."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:06 am

"Yeah, Wispuna, it's time to get off. Get everything of yours together and bring it below, all right? And it's just 'Jagen'. I'm not a knight."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:32 pm

Avry'l pulled a transparent glass bottle out of his coat, unscrewed the shiny red top, and took a quick swig of it.

Sightseers from afar would deduce that it was some kind of wine, due to its dark purple color, but people who looked closer could see a "100%" written on the label of the mid-sized bottle. That, combined with the smell, could only equal pure grape juice...

Avry'l began to walk down off the ship with the bottle in tow, apparently tired of waiting for more instructions.

(OOC: Can we get some info on the surrounding area?)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:12 pm

(OOC: There's water. Lots of water. Swim a good thirty yards and you'll hit where you could just barely touch the ground with the tips of your toes. This is why they're launching rowboats! :D

However, if Avry'l DID decide to swim, or perhaps fly, he would find a rather picturesque, though seaweed-covered, beach. However, it's early enough in spring and overcast enough that it wouldn't be fun to take a swim. And there are probably sea monsters.

ALSO: Heh, grape juice.)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:18 pm

As soon as she was told where to go, Tur grabbed her stuff and headed below deck. She arrived just in time to here Wispuna ask if they were getting off the ship, and she thought to herself, she really doesn't know what she's doing, does she? It's a wonder she is the rank she is now. First the question about the monsters, now this? She thoguht no a sec, then gave it up, helping to load the boats as they got ready to set off.

bunnygirle78

kewee

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:00 am

Wispuna blushed.

"Sorry . .I . . .thought that I should call you that. Uh I'll go get my things now." She said feeling embarrassed.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: kewee

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:45 pm

Avry'l, not saying a word, lowered himself into a rowboat, cut the string, and began paddling towards the shore.

A bystander who had been watching him the whole time noticed that compared to his descent from the crow's nest, he had done this at a much more efficient speed. . .

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:28 am

Arenda thought for a moment about Vas' offer, but couldn't think of anything she needed. All of her stuff was already in the pack she was carrying.

"I can't think of any--" Arenda began to say, but stopped talking when she suddenly noticed something out of the corner of her eye.

Turning her head to look straight at it, Arenda could make out a rowboat heading toward the island.

"Hey, Jagen," Arenda said. "Was someone supposed to go to that beach before us?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:41 pm

"No. What the hell? That's Avry'l!" Jagen jumped onto the boat's side railing, trusting his training and the powers given him by Laetha to keep him from falling into the water. "Vancougar, what the hell are you doing?!" he yelled.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

9_9

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:02 pm

Avry'l, whose boat was already a good way away from the ship, turned around slowly to face Jagen, a cat-like smile spreading on his face.

His waved affectionately back at Jagen. "You'd better get going if you want to catch me~" he sang, in a high, singsongy voice that, quite frankly, sounded terrifying.

With that, he turned back around and continued rowing towards the mainland.

Spleen

Re: 9_9

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:05 pm

"Gods damn it!" Jagen exclaimed. "Avry'l, get your ass back on this ship! What are you trying to do, get yourself killed?"

As Jagen said this, the captain of the ship rushed up to him. "What the hell is your man doing on that rowboat?!" he demanded.

Jagen looked at him helplessly and shrugged. "I have no idea. He's insane!"

"You're damn right he's insane. We were about to postpone the launch for a night...we sighted monsters in that water!"

Sure enough, someone looking off the seaward end of the boat could have caught glimpses of spiny, nightmarish shapes slithering about under the water. Several were apparently endowed with a new purpose for their existence at this moment and began to move in a formation toward Avry'l in the rowboat. "Avry'l!" Jagen exclaimed, "There're monsters in that water! Get out!"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:56 am

"Hn-hn-hn..." Avyr'l chuckled through his nose, his lips pressed firmly together in a wry smile.

He stood up from the rowboat, and took a good look around him, removing his scythe from his back and eyeing the coming monsters like a vulture eyeing a juicy piece of carrion.

His eyes shifted for a moment to Jagen, as if to make sure he was still watching, and then quickly rolled back to the monsters.

(OOC: Is there a certain amount of skills Avry'l has..like, can he fly, etc.? I don't remember writing anything down about what sort of spells he could use in the beginning.)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:48 pm

(OOC: I'll answer your question. Being from the Order of Air, it's required that you know how to fly. It's one of the first things you learn as an Initiate, and one of things you must know to pass the rank of Initiate. As for other spells, you can shoot lightning bolts, and control the wind into a little tornado, etc. Refer to the end of the thread in the OOC forum for a full list. )

Tur peered over the side of the boat and cursed. Pompous idiot! What is he thinking?

"Shouldn't we help him?" she asked.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:25 pm

(OOC: I'm leaving for Florida at 2 AM tonight. I know the hotel we're staying at has wireless access, however I just found out that my sister and I will be spending the bulk of our nights in our grandparents' house, completely cut off from the internet and, thus, reality. I know for a fact I'll be around the 28th and 29th, but I can't guarantee any other day before we get home on January 1st. Darkknight is, if necessary, GM until I return.)

"There's nothing we can do!" Jagen exclaimed, "If we hit that water with lightning, Avry'l could get electrocuted. We need to wait under the monsters are out of the water a bit before we can start firing arrows. But ready your bow!"

The monsters began to congregate around Avry'l. This particular variety - the Sriadi Sea Needle - would grow to be twenty feet from head to the tip of the tail, with barbed stingers all over their sleek, armored bodies that send out an inky, black poison that causes long-term paralysis in humans, and teeth like a set of expensive knives. These particular creatures were juveniles, only seven feet long. The stinger poison caused paralysis for only a few days at a time, the armor wasn't as strong, and the teeth, while still sharp, were fewer in number. However, at this age, Sriadi Sea Needles are quite fast...

Jagen heard the captain shout. "Ready the starboard fore harpoons! Don't fire until he's out of the boat!"

"Come on, Avry'l!" Jagen yelled, "Fly!"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:19 am

"Interesting." Avry'l continued to watch the sea monsters reveal themselves from the watery depths, paying little (or no) heed to the others' shouts.

He began to lightly float above the boat, and stared at the closest monster towards him. The tentacle looked around seven feet. With his six-foot scythe, as well as his armspan, he figured he would have a decent shot of lobbing off at least some tentacles, with a blow.

And thus, he swung with his scythe out, intending to dismember the closest creature.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:32 am

(OOC: Sorry, bro. No tentacles, just rigid protrusions, like bee stingers. Sorry if that wasn't clear.)

The Sea Needle attacked in this manner turned sharply, sensing the movement of the scythe, and only got a deep cut in its rubbery flesh. Gray-green blood billowed out from the wound as the monster shrieked. Enraged, it rammed a stinger into the side of the rowboat, pulling it out again when it realized the boat wasn't bleeding. As this was going on, another Sea Needle jumped and clamped its jaws over the wood on the side of the boat, nearly capsizing it in the process.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:39 am

(OOC: Ah, I understand now. Gotcha.)

"Hmm. . ." Avry'l watched the second creature hop onto t he boat, and pulled his scythe back towards himself. They don't seem to want to take turns. . .how troublesome.

Avyr'l kept his scythe outwards towards the beast he had already slashed, and attempted to shoot a lightning bolt at the second one. He was up far enough from the water that he shouldn't be drawn into any side-effects.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:11 pm

(OOC: Gotta love complimentary wireless internet.)

The Sea Needle, thus struck, went rigid for a second, eyes glassing over as the electricity coursed through it, then began to thrash wildly, badly injured. As this was happening, another chanced a jump at Avry'l, aiming for the Wind Guide's waist.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:28 pm

Avyr'l wasted no time marvelling at his shot, and whirled to face the next approaching beast.

He raised his scythe quickly, twisted the blade upwards, and brought it down at an amazing speed, hoping to crack it across the beast's vertebrae, equaling the effect of a telephone pole falling on a human. If he did it fast enough, he hoped he would make it before the creature made contact with him.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:44 pm

Well, it possibly didn't have the effect of a telephone pole, but it did redirect the creature's jump and slam it, stunned, back into the water.

"Avry'l!" Jagen yelled, "Fly higher, so the harpoons can get a clean shot!"

The waves and the butting of the Sea Needles was causing the boat to drift away from where Avry'l was hovering, and the holes punched in it with badly-directed spines were causing it to founder a bit. Perceiving an easier mode of attack, and not at all concerned with how this strange human could suspend himself in the air, a Sea Needle aimed himself to shoot up from almost directly below Avry'l's legs.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:49 pm

"Ku ku ku...." Avry'l chuckled. He floated up a little bit higher in the air, teasing the harpoon-shooters, and positioned the scythe between his legs. He sat there, staring down at the creature, waiting for it to jump so that he could take a whack at it like a baseball.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:28 pm

(OOC: Don't you mean golf ball? I don't understand what you're talking about, unless it's a golf ball.)

The monster jumped, opening its gaping, sharklike, and distinctly non-cactoid jaws, trying to bite Avry'l's legs off.

(OOC: To understand what I'm talking about, see Molo's thread in the Fanart forum.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/24/04 21:31

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:40 pm

"Tsk tsk tsk. . ." Avyr'l grinned, bringing his scythe down in a large swipe to get rid of the monster. "You'll have to try harder if you want to get me~"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:57 pm

The blade of the scythe dug into the head of the Sea Needle, dropping it half-dead and oozing blood into the water. It swam away feebly, apparently quickly becoming paralyzed on its left side.

Two others swam up, preparing to try the same trick against Avry'l, but seemed to be more cautious in the attack.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:05 am

Avry'l backed up a bit in the air, staring at the two approaching sea needles in the water.

He began to gather up his energy and his thoughts, to try out a new attack he'd been working on.

He was going to cast a wind spell on himself whenever the sea needles striked, which would send him propelling forward like a human missile. With his scythe outstretched from his body, if they were in mid-air in their jump, he should be able to easily impale them and put them out of commission, as he had done with the previous one.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:00 pm

Tur nocked an arrow to her bow and took aim, about to let go of the arrow at the moment Avry'l seemed to be in trouble. Thankfully, he was still inside her range of fire. Unfortunately, he wasn't high enough from the water, and her aim wasn't good enough at this distance to be of any safe good. If only he would fly a little higher...

"Hope he doesn't run out of magic..." she said thoughtfully, keeping a deadly bead on the creatures.

(OOC: I'll GM here...)

The next Sea Needle to jump out of the murky waters was a bit more cautious, and, as soon as it came out and saw Avry'l rocketing towards him, squirmed in midair to some effect. It was able to make it so that Avry'l's attack wasn't fatal, and it fell back into the water, badly wounded and gushing oozing black blood from a rather large gash in it's side.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:37 am

Avry'l followed through with his attack gracefully, flying up to a higher position once he was finished. He had the higher ground, now it was just a matter of how fast these worthless beasts wanted to die.

He waited with his scythe out, watching the remaining Sea Needles closely, licking his lips with malice.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:15 pm

"He's high enough now!" the captain yelled. "Fire the starboard harpoons!"

At once, forty stout metal harpoons arced through the air out of ten miniature ballistae, striking the water with a clamor of splashes. Some of them hit their marks, but not all, but enough were fired that most of the Sriadi Sea Needles were at least injured. Acknowledging, in some not-quite-conscious way, their defeat, those that could still swim limped away through the water.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

=F

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:43 pm

Avry'l frowned, turning back and staring at the ship, who had just scared his prey away. It hadn't been his intention to let them get a clear shot. . .but in flying high, he had, and in that respect, he had lost the battle.

Sulking, he looked back down at his boat, to see if it was safe enough to use to get to the island, or if he'd have to fly the rest of the way.

Spleen

Re: =F

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:17 pm

The boat would be fine to go the rest of the way in, because it had already drifted aground in the shallows. Hell, Avry'l wouldn't even need to fly, because the water was only a little deeper than he was tall there.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs