Elemaer: On Two Fronts

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: The Dramatic Entrance

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:01 pm

Avry'l clicked the puzzle together with a final snap, and after looking at it, smiling, for a few moments, handed it to the closest person near him, which just happened to be Wispuna.

"Excuse me, would you be so kind as to undo this for me? I'm afraid if I do it myself, I will memorize the pattern. Your kindness is appreciated." he said, his voice light and smooth.

PopoSujo

Re: The Dramatic Entrance

Unread postby PopoSujo » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:42 pm

Vas eyed the puzzle the man had just finished. He had never seen one of those kinds of puzzles before, but judging from how fast he did it, it couldn't be that hard.

He looked up to Jagen.

"Well then, all aboard I guess." Vas walked up the gangplank, his half cloak and clothes whipping and billowing about him in the sudden gust. He looked back at the others behind him and at the city, and realized that he wouldn't miss being here at all. He walked on board.

bunnygirle78

Ok

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:06 pm

Wispuna smiled and nodded.

"Ok," she said staring at the puzzel.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: Ok

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:32 pm

What a pompous guy, Tur thought. PLaying with a rubix cube was one thing, but it seemed like he was trying to show off... Dramatic entrance, rubix cube... Yup, pompous asshole.

Tur grabbed her stuff and followed Vas up onto the ship, sitting down on the starboard side of the boat.

Seethe347

Arenda's Unpleasant Side

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:19 am

Arenda was the next to board the boat. Once she was aboard, she sat her pack down on the deck, then turned to look her teammates over.

Unconsciously, a scowl crept over her face as she already began to think harshly of her partners. A bunch of clowns was what they were, she thought. One of them, Vasinis, had bolted through a thick crowd of people and knocked her into the water... he did seem sorry, so she wouldn't take it personally, but it still wasn't a good sign. Another one, Wispuna, Arenda had heard of before: a klutz, and always in trouble for slacking off. Then there was this Avri'l, about whom Arenda would have agreed with Tur. And, of course, there was the commander, Jagen, who had only reached the rank of Wind Guide, as Arenda had heard and believed, because of his heroic father.

Really, the only one who Arenda couldn't think to criticize was Tur'nasus, and that was because the woman had remained mostly silent the whole time. Well, then again, she had made that sarcastic remark about flying when Wispuna asked if the group was going to be traveling by boat. So, of course, that led Arenda to believe that maybe Tur was a little overly critical of people.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

I'm so freaking long-winded, aren't I?

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:42 pm

(OOC: You're underestimating the size of the ship. It's a three-master. I should have said that.

And Vas definetely can't see As'nar from where he is. [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/29/04 10:43 pm
[/i]

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: I'm so freaking long-winded, aren't I?

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:54 pm

Avry'l left the puzzle in Wispuna's possession, losing interest in the whole matter.

He followed Jagen into the cabin, entering not more than 3 steps behind him, then quickly turning and making his way to a bed in the corner. He sat down upon the bed, not making a move to unpack any unseen belongings he was carrying.

He pulled a ripe-looking pear from his pocket and took a smooth bite out of it, moving it to his lap and smiling in Jagen's direction as he chewed. "This should be a cozy ride." he grinned.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:48 pm

Jagen nodded. "Yeah. Cozy. Just what I was thinking." Hell of a lot cozier than I'd like it to be, having to keep an eye on you.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/30/04 6:49 pm

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:46 pm

"How long will this boat ride take?" Avry'l said, taking another bite out of his pear, never taking his eyes off the captain.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:00 pm

(OOC: Jagen =/= Captain. It's not his ship.)

"It's supposed to be four to six days, depending on the conditions. Fortunately, our ships are the fastest in the world - the Order of Earth would take almost two weeks to make the same trip."

As everyone knows, the Order of Air cheats a little bit in sea travel - all their major ship types come equipped with large, mast-mounted Orbs of Gale, which can provide the perfect wind conditions for any sea travel, in any direction the sailors need it.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:08 pm

(OOC: Noted!)

"Oooooh. . .four days." Avry'l said, continuing to eat the pear. "However shall we entertain ourselves for the bulk of this trip?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:23 pm

"I brought books. I finished a novel on my way here from As'nar, would you like to borrow it? It was really good - set during the Second War of the Gods. The protagonist is from the Order of Darkness, though, so the Council of the People is considering banning the book. You ought to read it now before it becomes illegal."

(OOC: By the way, I've decided that in order for the general public (and especially the Orders) to have the level of education I envision them to have, there is definetely a printing press. So books are printed. I wasn't sure if they were going to be, before. However, typewriters don't exist.)

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:27 pm

"Hmmm. . ." Avry'l stared at the book, not looking too interested. "Actually. . .I don't read very often." he said. "My interests lie elsewhere. . ." he stared up at his leader. "You wouldn't happen to know much about Arch-Stormbringer Shak'ural, would you?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:34 pm

"No," Jagen said automatically, then remembered what the reports on Avry'l had said about his obsession with the Arch-Stormbringer. He decided to delve. "Why?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:39 pm

"Hmm. . .what a shame." Avry'l said, still smiling. "I was hoping you knew him. . .hm." he said, shaking his head. "Hopefully this trip won't be a total waste. . ."

He stood up, turning around and facing the wall. "At what age did you enter the Order of Air, Mr. Turlis?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:52 pm

(OOC: I'm 99 percent sure Shak'ural is female. Ask Darkknight, it's his character.)

Jagen raised an eyebrow at the strange view he now had of the back of Avry'l's head. "Call me Jagen. I was almost six when I was recruited. I was on the young end of my Initiation. Why do you ask?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:03 pm

"I was six when I entered the Order as well." Avyr'l said, turning around to face Jagen once again. "In any case. . ." he finished his pear, tucking the core within his mantle. "I think I shall go and inspect what sort of beverages this ship provides. . ." he said, exiting the room. "Please don't stay in all night, sir. . .fresh air is nice for the body."

And with that, Avyr'l headed to the bar.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/30/04 10:23 pm

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:36 pm

(OOC: In case someone on here doesn't have my SN, it's DeathRaySpleen. I'm not available much, though, especially during the week. I'll leave it up to Darkknight to give his if he wants to, because he's useful, too. Ask me about RP stuff, ask either of us about thematic stuff. Also, Darkknight sees me every day. Give him a message for me and I'm sure he'll poke me about it during lunch.)

"I had enough fresh air today, but thanks for your concern," Jagen said as he stretched out on his bed for a catnap.

What Avry'l would find passing for a bar on the ship would be a closet that's supposed to be secret but that everyone knows about (even the captain) and doesn't bother trying to hide. The first sailor Avry'l would ask about a stiff drink could lead him right to it. There's booze in it, quite a bit, but it's all strong, bootleg sailor stuff, hardly the cosmopolitan alcohol an As'nar-based warrior of an Elemental Order would be used to. Two sailors were getting drunk together, but weren't far along yet.

(OOC: It's 10:35 PM, I've been up since 6, I've been listening to President Bush for an hour and a half. Don't expect me to be able to keep my tenses straight, dammit.

Quick, Molo, do something so I can go back to normal past tense.)

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:58 pm

Avry'l walked slowly into the closet, looking around at his new environments.

Smirking, he sauntered up to the bar and spoke to the man behind it. (Presuming there is one!)

"Excuse me, sir. . .I would like a glass of your finest wine."

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:05 am

While Avry'l and Jagen were having their little exchange, Vas was standing at the very front of the ship, staring off into sea.

I really wish I hadn't run into that girl he thought. Now I know someone doesn't like me right off the bat. He set his pack down near his feet and turned around, surveying the other members of the party.

Avry'l seemed a bit odd, what with the big scythe and the puzzle, but altogether not a bad character. Wispuna seemed her namesake, whispy, but Vas wasn't one to judge other quickly and decided that he would let her actions in the future speak rather than her just seen clumsiness on the docks. Arenda he was currently avoiding thinking about as he still felt terrible about knocking her into the water. Tur he also hadn't really formed an opinion about yet, as he hadn't head her speak much.

Jagen he liked thus far. The man seemed nice, though he seemed to be sort of the pushover type when it came to leadership. Vas like him though.

He sighed as he bent over, picked up his pack, and walked over to the cabin he had just seen Avry'l exit. He walked in, smiled and nodded at Jagen, walked to the bed that hadn't been claimed yet, and sat down on it.

"So, I hear the voyage is supposed to take about half a week," he said.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Whee, Roadtrip!

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:42 pm

Tur sat down and decided to pull out a book she had been reading. It was pretty mud-stained and rather wet-stained as well, but she dealt with it. A book isn't good unless it's been through a lot, she thought, sitting down to read the book. She was almost done, though, and so she would have to find something else to satisfy her need to do something.

She decided to wait for her other roommates to settle in before going in there. If these other two are like most other girls I know, it'll take a while for them to get situated, she thought. She was not very picky about the way she looked and how neat sh was. She was actually rather un-neat, but not sloppy either. A neat sloppy, she liked to think. So, she ravenously devoured the contents of the book as she waited for the boat to commence it's journey.

Seethe347

Re: Whee, Roadtrip!

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:02 am

Picking up her pack again, Arenda found her way to the girls' quarters. Seeing Tur sitting nearby, she gave the woman a quick nod and smile, then entered the cabin. Once inside, Arenda picked out a bed and set her pack down beside it. She then opened the pack, dug through it, and took out a comfortable sleeveless gown that was only slightly damp because it had been stored deep inside. After changing from her drenched clothes to this, she settled into the bed, more interested in sleeping than putting the rest of the room into order at the moment.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:02 am

Jagen opened one eye, not getting up from his comfortable position. "They're telling me four to six days, depending on conditions. We'll probably be setting out soon. We should get our sleep early tonight, though, sailors hold a dawn service and a dawn service only, and it wouldn't do to sleep in and miss the first service. It would look a little sacreligious, you know?"

As for the sailors in the drinking closet, which is not a bar and does not contain a bar, and thus does not contain a man standing behind a bar, they were laughing at what they took to be a rather funny joke by Avry'l. "Yeah, wine! That's rich!" one of them said. He had a slow, mellow drawl of a voice, though it wouldn't really be clear to Avry'l if this is natural or alcohol-induced. "Listen, brother...pull up a crate. Right now the best we've got is this whiskey here, if ya can even call it that! Take a sip, and unless you've got one hell of a steel liver, your body won't let you take another." He offered the rather under-aged jug to Avry'l.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:23 pm

Vas nodded.

"Missing the first service would indeed look bad on all of our parts. However, I think I'll stay up a while longer before going to bed." He smiled at Jagen as he stood and nodded as he left the cabin, preferring the ocean breeze to the confined space of the cabin.

He spied what looked like a closet door closing and caught of peek of Avry'l inside before it did. Curious, he walked over and opened, just in time to hear something about a steel liver.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:49 pm

(OOC: In case you were wondering, you guys can IM me at Bandfreak61189 on AIM. I'm usually on, so ask me any questions. If I can't answer them, I'll forward them to Spleen.)

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:38 am

Avry'l smiled warmly at Vas. "Welcome in, I was just interrogating these four gentlemen as to the location of their finest wines."

He turned back to the sailors. "I would be honored to have a sip." Avry'l said curtly, the smile not leaving his face. "I'm sure it'd wet my whistle."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:33 pm

The sailor holding the jug grinned and handed it to Avry'l. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:49 pm

Vas eyed the jug suspiciously. It smells like pitch in here he thought. His eyes followed the jug to Avry'l's hands.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:50 pm

Avyr'l took a good-sized sip from the jug, and feeling the taste of dirty socks and alcohol entering his body. He blinked a few times, coughed softly into his hand, and handed the jug to Vas, grimacing. "It seems to be a bit of an acquired taste. . ."

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:19 pm

Vas looked at the jug being proferred to him, and then at the grinning sailors and Avry'l. He took the jug.

"Well, I guess I might as well try it," he said, thinking out loud. He tilted it back and got a mouthful.

The taste had something... intriguing about it. Vas had never really had much in the way of alcohol, and while this did burn his mouth and his throat when he swallowed it, something about him actually liked the awful stuff.

Vas smiled and wiped his mouth. "Acquired indeed." He took one more mouthful of the stuff and then handed the jug back to the sailors. That wasn't bad at all.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:59 pm

The sailors laughed heartily at Vas's display. "Two gulps, he took!" one exclaimed, taking back the jug and availing himself of a pull. Then, to Avry'l, "You could learn a lot from your friend there! He could be a real drinker yet! Here, though, something that might be a little more to your liking. Won't burn your face off like that lightning will." He pulled out a small keg from the corner, half-filled with an ale that, while still significantly more mannerly than the vitriol in the jug, still needed at least another few months before it would be truly palatable. "Care to try some? Still not fine wine, but it's probably the tamest stuff we've got in here, 'cept probably the captain's secret stash, which we aren't supposed to know about but isn't hid well anyway." He poked one of the wall panels, which moved a little with the pressure.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:51 pm

Avry'l wasn't looking forward to tasting another of the dirty man's drinks, but the final thing the man said lit his face up.

"Secrets intrigue me." Avry'l grinned. "You wouldn't mind disclosing the location of the aforementioned `stash`, now would you?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:24 pm

The sailor said nothing, but instead put his hand on the wall panel he'd moved with his finger and slid it away from him, revealing two small oaken kegs (one of which contained a whiskey well on its way to being good, and the other of which contained a good brown ale) and a decent assortment of various liquors, ranging from cheap to expensive to treasurable. The sole representative of the latter was a bottle of wine from the vineyards of Inikith, home of some of the finest wineries on Elemaer. A rare find, and something of a prized possession of the captain's. "We all know where this is," said the sailor, "but no one touches it out of our respect for the captain. I'm asking you to do the same, even though I'm sure you're really tempted to take something out of here."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:28 pm

Avyr'l grinned, eyeing the number of men in the room.

"I would never do such a thing." he said, placing his hand on his chest, as if taken aback. "Would you. . .?" he said, turning to Vas.

"However. . .you men wouldn't be interested in a small game of chance, now would you?" he said, his smile transforming into a thin smirk.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:27 pm

(ooc: Sorry I have been busy lately.)

From the moment she had stepped onto the ship Wispuna had felt excited. It was the chance she had been waiting for, to prove that she could go up in rank. She walked the deck. She was old enough to know about ships, but. . that didn't stop the kid in her from wanting to explore a bit.

She had practically thrown all but her staff into her quarters and ran to look for the others. She still didn't know too much about her mission, all she was told was that she was to assist in any way possible.

As she was making her way to the deck, she over heard Avry'l talking.Smiling she waved at him.

"Hi, what are you to?" She said walking over to them. She smiled at the sailors. "I've never been on a ship like this before. Uh, whats all of that?" She asked pointing at the many bottle's. She leaned on her staff and stared at them all.
"Is it cyder?"

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:20 pm

Vas smiled and shook his head when Avry'l asked him if he would ever do such a thing. He looked up as Wispuna came in.

"Uhm, yeah Wisp. We're just drinking some cider. Doesn't taste very good though." He looked back up as Avry'l said something about a game of chance.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:19 pm

"A game of chance?" one of the sailors asked, his interest obviously piqued, "What kind?"

After Wisp came in, "Yeah, just same cider. We just need to finish it to make room for more. There's only a little bit left."

(OOC: Bunny...Wisp definitely isn't old enough to be promoted. Really, at her age, she shouldn't even be the rank she is yet, but I'll let that slide. I'd recommend changing it, though.)

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:45 pm

"yes. . .a game of chance." Averyl said, procuring a deck of cards from his cloak. "The loser. . .will have to drink the finest bottle of champagne in that closet."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:29 pm

The two sailors looked at eachother, apprehension and misgivings plainly visible on the faces of both. "We'll get in trouble either way, you know," one said.

"Well...the captain can't give us official punishment for drinking booze that doesn't officially exist," the other said.

"There's unofficial punishments. They're usually worse."

"True."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:31 pm

Averyl shuffled the cards smoothly, his eyes shifting between the sailors. "Well. . .have you decided?"

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs