Elemaer: On Two Fronts

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Re: Sorry....

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:32 am

(OOC: I'm tempted to make Vas's attack miss just so Popo has to scramble back and edit that post.)

Arenda's Tiziat dodged nimbly to the side and slashed at the Gustohran's sword arm with its claws.

Avry'l's monster went down, stunned. The scythe had hit it, but not very straight and not in any vital spot, but the electricity did its work effectively.

The Tiziat that Vas had skewered with such precision <span style="font-size:xx-small;">(OOC: Character-controlling bastard that Popo is)</span> stumbled and fell, dying quickly.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:55 am

(Oi, sorry mate, was pretty tired when I made that post so I did not think about it. My bizzle?)

Vas nodded as he saw his Tiziat was down and looked around. Everyone seemed to be doing okay at the moment and he did not want to get in the way of anyone's fighting, so he just kept an eye out for anyone in trouble or any more Tiziats coming out of the jungle.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:45 pm

(OOC: I'm just kidding around, dude. As long as you don't go overboard, I'm fine.

Though I may have to vaporize your face for using the word "bizzle" in my thread.)

Vas saw neither trouble nor Tiziats.

However, he did see Jagen gaining the upper hand against his Tiziat opponent, now one-eyed. Jagen could feel himself tiring out. Between the bite to his side, the exertion of fending off monsters the same weight as medicine balls and far more determined, and the natural fatigue of casting spells, Jagen's supply of energy was running rather shallow.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:07 pm

Vas nodded as he looked at each member of his group, and then frowned a bit when he saw Jagen. He started moving towards the Tiziat that Jagen was fighting, ready to intercede should their leader need his help.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:48 pm

(OOC: Bizzle, Bizzle, Bizzle, hehe, what a funny word.)

Tur continued to fire arrows at both Tiziats, though it would seem that none of them hit... (Ahem...)

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:31 pm

Avry'l prepared to reap the life from his opponent, aiming his scythe at the downed creature's body with intent to kill.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:05 pm

Seeing the Tiziat coming for her arm, Arenda tried to block the monster's claws with the iron bracer that ran from her wrist to just below her elbow.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:49 pm

"Hey, Vas," Jagen panted. "I got this one, unless you feel up to giving an old man a hand." He chuckled at his own joke, but the pain was evident in his voice.

Avry'l's downward stab finished his own opponent off, leaving alive just Jagen's foe and Arenda's.

The Tiziat that slashed Arenda looked almost confused for a second when its blow was parried, then tried again with the other front limb, changing its balance so it was relying on its middle and back legs for balance.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:26 am

"Hey, no problem boss!" I am gonna be so exhausted when this is all over... Vas thought as he yelled to Jagen. Using his increased speed he dashed right up along side the Tiziat and stabbed straight down at the top of its head with both double-spears, hoping that at least one of the mithril spearheads would penetrate the beasts skull and take it out.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:05 pm

Arenda used her shield to fend off the monster's attack this time. Upon hearing the claw scrape against the metal, she immediately swung her blade down hard at the creature's shoulder.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:51 pm

Tur took a potshot at the Tiziat that was attacking Arenda, hoping this time one of her arrows would hit.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:56 pm

Vas's attack missed the head, but buried itself in the creature's shoulder, allowing Jagen to stab it to death through the jugular vein. The commander stood there for a few seconds, catching his breath.

The arrow struck the last Tiziat's rump at the same time as Arenda's blow removed its left foreleg.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Elysian Interlude

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:24 pm

Avry'l watched to see Arenda grappling with her foe, then raised in eyebrow in surprise as he saw her remove the beast's leg from its body.

He was still angered from being shouted at by his "superior". . .simply killing one worthless beast was not nearly enough to satiate the bloodlust that had overflowed in the past few seconds. He felt as if he would have to decapitate at least 100 of these monsters to get himself to calm down. . .

Yep, he still had the desire to shed blood. . .as if his own thoughts weren't proof enough.

And so, with a mad grin on his face, he dashed up behind the creature currently targeting Arenda, attempting to be stealthy, and pierce through the creature's stomach, aiming to push the blade of the scythe straight through its' body, and stop it right before it slashed Arenda's own soft belly.

Spleen

Re: Elysian Interlude

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:33 pm

The last Tiziat went down, and Avry'l's scythe stopped a milimeter into Arenda's leather breastplate, making a tiny cut in the tough material.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:04 pm

Arenda gasped in shock and her eyes widened in fear as they fixed themselves on the scythe emerging from the monster and stabbing into her armor. For what felt to her like a very long time, all she could do was stare at the blade, just knowing that it was going to continue on through the leather and tear through her stomach as soon as time started again. Having turned deathly pale, she squeezed her eyes shut and sent a desperate prayer to Laetha, making her peace.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 2/9/05 20:05

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:36 pm

Wisp ran looked towards Arenda. She quickly grabbed a near by rock and hurled it as hard as she could at the monster that was attacking Arenda.

"Hay. .. UGLY THING!" She screamed. "Over here you stupid worthless thing! Yeah you ugly! How about taking me on!"

Wispuna lifted her staff as her eyes narrowed.

(oc sorry about earlier spleen. I am going to try and post each night if I can. College kinda ways me down.)

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:57 am

Vas wrenched his double-spears free of the creature and gave a quick smile and nod to Jagen. He then looked out at the rest of the group, seeing Arenda on top of an impaled Tiziat with her eyes closed, Avry'l scythe embedded a tiny bit into her armor. It looked like all of the Tiziats were down now.

"Avry'l, what in bloody hell are you doing?" Vas said.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:23 pm

". . . ." Avry'l slowly removed the scythe from the creature's body, flicking it behind him to lift some blood from the blade. "Hmph." he said, the scythe now at his side. He stared down at Arenda for a moment, with ruthlessly cold eyes. "Bad luck comes to those who help me." he spoke softly, as if he and Arenda were the only people in the vicinity. "I would suggest you refrain from doing so in the future."

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:08 pm

Vas just sort of looked at Avry'l sideways. He seemed friendly enough at first, but now he's just...rabid. Vas thought. He walked over towards where the two were and offered Arenda his hand to help her up.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:36 am

A few seconds after hearing Avry'l speak, Arenda realized that she hadn't been impaled. With considerable effort, she forced her eyes open. She then took Vas' extended hand, now holding no grudge over his knocking her into the water at the dock. Upon reaching her feet, she quietly took a rag out of a pocket on her belt and began cleaning the blade of her shortsword, though the job had to be done with care as she was still trembling.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:37 am

Vas smiled at her and put a hand on her shoulder, leaning in closer to her ear.

"Dun worry about it Arenda. I am sure Avry'l is just trying to show off since this is the first big battle we've come across as a group. I am sure he wouldn't actually have hurt you."

While Vas made his words sound sincere, something in the back of his mind wasn't so sure about what he was saying. He then looked up at the rest of the group to make sure no one was badly injured.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:03 am

Jagen was livid. "Expedition Tertiary Wind Guide Avry'l!" he exclaimed, in an attempt to remind Avry'l who was boss here (basically, what Jagen was trying to do was force Avry'l to address him as "Expedition Commander Wind Guide Jagen"). He drew himself up to his full height and stalked up to Avry'l - still having to stare up at quite an angle to meet the eyes of a man six inches taller than he. His side hurt with every breath and his legs wanted to collapse under him from exhaustion, but as far as Jagen was concerned, the most important thing he could do at this point was establish his own authority as commander. "Are you aware that the penalty for negligent injury of a lower-ranked member of the Order of Air is thirty days' imprisonment?" Jagen demanded, knives entering his voice, "What would have happened if your weapon hadn't stopped?"

(OOC: Oh, by the way, Bunnygirle and Darkknight are still needed in [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/11/05 7:09
[/i]

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:38 pm

Vas watched Jagen stalk over to Avry'l and berate him. Oi, this doesn't bode well for the expedition. At that moment, the tiredness from casting the spell and fighting so much hit him all at once, and he knees and breath started to tremble. Having yet to take his hand off of Arenda's shoulder, she felt more weight pressing down on it before he slowly removed his hand and kneeled down to the grounded, resting on the balls of his feet.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Ku ku ku...

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:00 pm

"A fine question indeed. . ." Avry'l grinned, staring down at his commander. ". . .however, one must also raise the question of what would have happened if that monster had been allowed to have its way with our dear Arenda. . ."

Spleen

Re: Ku ku ku...

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:46 pm

"Arenda had already chopped off one of its legs at the shoulder and was seriously on her way to finishing it off," Jagen said. "And if I'm not mistaken, that's Tur'nasus' arrow in the monster's backside. There was no question that we would have killed it. We didn't need you putting your weapon straight through it. Arenda would have finished it off."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:30 am

While Vas sat down to rest and Jagen confronted Avry'l, Arenda finished cleaning her blade. She put the weapon back into its sheath and the rag she had cleaned it with back into the pocket she had taken it from. By now, she wasn't shaking as badly, having been able to take some comfort in the fact that there were people concerned for her well-being.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:18 pm

"I was simply following my orders, Commander." Avry'l answered, a small silver gleam in his eyes. "Upon being berated for sitting idly, I did my best to make sure that I could redeem my incompetent self by killing as many of the beasts as possible. It is regrettable to know that you thought my actions as ill. For I would never, in my life, think of anything besides the safety and security of our team."

darkknight61189
Rice President

>.> <.<

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:57 pm

Tur watched Avry'l and Jagen talk to each other, and could see that Avery'l had no intention of backing down or showing any respect to the commander of the team.

"Will the two of you quit it!!! For gods' sakes, both of you are acting like idiots. Avry'l What the hell were you thinking? First, you attack a monster that was clearly about to die just from breathing, and then you talk back to the commander? And you, Jagen, you obviously know that Avry'l would show you no respect, and yet you still talk to him and berate him as if you think he'll change his ways because someone shorter than him told him to stop? Now, if the two of you are done bickering, we need to address wounds and the fatigue of the team. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to back to camp. I've had enough of this "scouting"."

Spleen

Re: >.> <.<

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:12 pm

Jagen broke his stare from Avry'l's face and fixed it on Tur'nasus for a moment. He sighed, far too tired to argue with anyone at this point. "We'll go back to the beach and bring as much of our equipment to the camp as we can carry before it gets too dark." Without another word, Jagen turned south and walked away as normally as he could, despite the blood that was beginning to ooze out the side of his shirt.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:44 pm

Avry'l watched the commander turn and move from him, his slitted eyes fixated on the figure before him.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:46 pm

Vas sighed and shook his head. This is turning out great already. Our first battle and we're falling to pieces. He stood up with a groan and smiled at Arenda.

"You sure you're okay? You still look a little shaken up." He said as he started following after Jagen.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:46 pm

Wispuna stood leaning on her staff, her head down. She hadn't been any help. She looked up at the others and felt instantly embarased.

She looked down at her feet.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:48 am

Arenda looked at Vas, courteously smiling back, as she began to follow Jagen alongside him.

"I'll... You're right. I am still a little shook up," she admitted. "I'll be okay in a few minutes, though. I'm not the type to stay like this for long. But... thanks."

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:01 am

Wisp looked at Arenda.

"Here sit down and rest a bit ok?" She said taking off her cloak and laying it on the ground.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:14 pm

"Hey, no problem. What're friends for?" Vas said to Arenda. He then looked over at Wispuna and cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Uhm, Wisp," he began as he leaned over and picked up her cloak for her. "We're all headed back to the beach then back to camp. We'll all have a chance to sit down then, hopefully." And if Laetha has any mercy, I won't be on first watch.

At that point he smiled at Wisp and Arenda one more time then jogged for a minute to catch up to Jagen, moaning when he slowed down to walk beside him. Damn spell fatigue.

He looked over at Jagen as he strolled beside him. "Hey boss, don't worry about Avry'l. Like I told Arenda, I guess he was just trying to show off his prowess in battle. And Tur, like all of us, was just edgy because of the battle. Things should get better." He frowned as he looked down at Jagen's side. "You okay Jagen? That wound doesn't look good. If you need to lean on me, feel free."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:34 pm

Tur knew that her insubordination would come back to haunt her, but if she hadn't stopped things, the situation might've gotten worse. She walked over next to Jagen when she heard Vas say to him, "You okay Jagen? That wound doesn't look good. If you need to lean on me, feel free."

"Yeah, you really should have that looked at," Tur said, then turned to the rest of the group. "Does anyone here know anything about treating wounds?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:09 pm

Jagen looked down at his side. "It's fine," he said, a little more coldly than their concern warranted, "I've taken some first aid classes, and all I need is some alcohol where the teeth broke the skin and a thick bandage. There ought to be some in our supplies on the beach." He fixed his eyes on Tur'nasus' face, trying as hard as he could to look impassive. "Is anyone else wounded?" he asked.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:16 pm

"One of those things slashed me across the shins," Arenda declared, now beginning to take note of the pain from the wounds on her legs. "I'll have to repair my boots too."

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:51 pm

Oi, Jagen seems pissed. "I'm fine, though quite fatigued from the fight. Gimme half an hour or so and the spell fatigue should pass."

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:06 pm

"I'm ok," Wisp said taking her cloak. "A bit surprised though," she said smiling.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs