Elemaer: On Two Fronts

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: =F

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:21 pm

Tur sort of growled under her breath regarding the arrow in the floor.

"Heh, sorry guys," she said, scratching the back of her head, "False alarm. "

She then looked a little more closely at the dirt where the arrow had stuck. Although the arrow had disturbed it, it looked like there were tracks leading off east. Then, though, right before her eyes even the tracks disappeared as if she was just imagining things.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:52 pm

(OOC: I sent Pops an email. Hopefully he'll respond.

Also, it confuses me that Molo was actually more available on AIM when he was in Japan than he is now that he's just on the other side of the country from me.)

"Right then. Shall we, my dear?" Jagen offered Arenda his elbow in a stately manner, as if he was taking her to a formal ball rather than into a forest inhabited with terrible monsters. "We'll meet you guys back here in like an hour and a half. Don't go out too far, or you might get lost. If there's a group that's not back in two hours, send a search party."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:37 am

(OOC: Ku ku ku....I've been busy~!)

Avry'l simply stood still, staring into the wilderness aimlessly through the recent developments.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:23 pm

"Come on, Wisp," she said while dragging the girl along behind her, "We're going east you guys scout in the other directions." She dragged Wisp along, following the rapidly disappearing trail. She also kept one hand near her quiver.

bunnygirle78

Yay

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:08 am

"Ok," Wispuna said stumbeling forward as she was pulled. "See you guys latter," she said with a grin.

Spleen

Re: Yay

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:41 am

(OOC: Let It Be Known:

On Monday, January 17, 2005, at 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, there will be Elemaer RP. Go into RPGWW Chat on AIM at about this time for details. I COMMAND IT!

...this is by no means compulsory, but it looks like it's gonna be fun. So far I've got me, Capntastic/Zero, Trixer (the other Elemaer admin, who isn't on RPGWW - Avry'l got in a fight with his character the last time we did one of these) and Thram. It's already a party, come and make it a shindig! Or something.)

Seethe347

Re: Yay

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:20 am

Arenda took Jagen's elbow in the formal fashion and prepared to march into the foliage with elegance and grace.

PopoSujo

Sorry Folks, College and Whatnot

Unread postby PopoSujo » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:43 pm

Vas looked up. Dammit, I have got to stop zoning out like that! I am gonna get myself killed! Admonishing himself to pay better attention in the future, Vas put down the stuff he was carrying and took his two double-spears off of his back.

"Hey Avry'l, let's go north hmm?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Sorry Folks, College and Whatnot

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:53 pm

Avry'l looked down at Vas, raising an eyebrow. "Oh." he murmured. "You spoke."

He looked ahead, and then turned back to his dreamy partner. "So be it then. We head north."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:38 pm

Jagen and Arenda strolled a little ways, back toward the beach and west, then Jagen ended the formality joke by pulling his shortbow out of his quiver and beginning to string it up. "What's the best way to cover the most ground in an hour and a half, d'you think?" he asked, nocking an arrow to the string and pulling it experimentally.

(OOC: Fun English Language Fact: "nocking" is not a typographical error, that's actually how you spell it when it pertains to fitting an arrow to a bowstring. Look it up.)

(EDIT: Oops. Didn't realize that Tur and Wisp were already going east. We're going west now.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/23/05 9:32

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:06 am

"Aside from not getting lost, I'd say our goal should be to find out just how safe this place is," Arenda replied. "We don't need to memorize too many details about the area yet. We just need to focus on moving quickly and quietly and keep an eye out for any dangerous monsters or anything that a dangerous monster could be living in."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 1/22/05 6:13

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:39 pm

Jagen nodded. "True. Although, really, half of this forest is 'anything that a dangerous monster could be living in'. Just keep your hand on a weapon and your tongue on a spell, as they say."

Indeed, the forest was denser where Jagen and Arenda were than it was around the swath cleared by the ministrations of Avry'l's scythe.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:23 pm

Wips hands were clenched tightly around her staff as she folowed behind.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:41 am

Avry'l and Vas noticed the forest thinning out a bit as they moved north, toward the center of the island. It also became easier and easier to navigate, because they found a crude, natural-looking trail to use. It didn't look unused, either - the dirt was pretty packed, as though something heavy (or several somethings) used it often.

As Tur'nasus and Wispuna continued their eastward journey, the faint tracks they were following suddenly ceased, right next to a tree. The tree was tall and had many branches, none of which, at a glance, seemed to be occupied at the moment.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:56 pm

"Hmm, by the look of it, whatever made this trail had to be pretty big to pack the dirt down so much. That, or it is a very, very old trail." Vas looked over at Avry'l.

"What do you think?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:50 pm

Tur took a gander at the tree in front of her and smacked it with the butt of her hand soundly. She watched and waited to see if anything stirred. She also kept a finger on her arrow, ready to shoot the next thing that popped out at her.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Tur'nasus' strike brought about some movement in the top of the tree, and a sleek, brown-colored blur darted to the end of a branch and jumped, landing behind the girls. It was about three feet long, and the body shape looked rather like that of a rodent with six legs, heavily clawed. It had no fur, but instead a rubbery skin like a shark's, colored the same brown as the tress. The head was small, streamlined, and earless, with a wide mouth and two emerald-green spheres for eyes. Tur'nasus, having had some experience with monsters on other expeditions, recognized it as a Tiziat. She also remembered it as a pack animal...

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:14 pm

"Yes. . ." Avry'l spoke, placing his pointer finger lightly on his lip thoughtfully. ". . .it seems as if there are definitely other things on this island besides us. The trail is proof of that."

A small grin appeared on his face, and he looked to Vas. "Let us speed up." he said. "I can hardly hold my excitement about meeting the island's inhabitants."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:14 pm

Tur quickly shot an arrow at the beast's neck. As she did this, she said, "Wisp, get ready to fight. These things run around in packs, which means that there are definitely going to be more coming."

After the attack, Tur also cast a lightning bolt into the sky, hoping to attract the other's attention.

(OOC: Okay, Spleen has empowered me with the ability to create the monsters, so I thought it might be nice to put this here. Monsters are ranked in a large book called, quite simply, The Bestiary. Now, the ranks are 1-5. A monster at a specific rank has about the same amount of strength and skill as a member of an order of that ranking divided by two. So, a level one monster would be a little weaker than an initiate, and a level two would be about the same strength as an initiate. A level three is stronger than an initiate, but weaker than a second rank member. A level four monster would be about the same as a second rank member, etc etc.
This animal that just popped out will have to be added to my list, and so I'll make it a level four. One more thing. Monsters that run around in packs and groups, like those of lower ranks, are usually led by a leader monster, who is usually one rank higher than the average version. They also have some kind of distinguishing mark, like a large plumy headdress, or a chest marking.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/23/05 19:16

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:35 am

"Alright." Vas said as he grinned. He loved running.

"Let's g-" Vas was cut off as he saw lightning flash into the sky. "Oh damn!" Vas, knowing Avry'l would be right with him, drew out his double short-spears and bolted in the direction of the lightning bolt, but still looking around to make sure he didn't get ambushed.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:11 am

"Hm." Avry'l said, watching Vas run off, his smile growing wider. "How convenient."

With that, he began in the sort-of opposite direction from Vas, following the trail and heading deeper into the forest.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:31 am

As Vas was running, he looked behind him, and practically skidded to a halt when he didn't see Avry'l.

Curse him, now is not the time for his childish antics! People need our help! He ran back the other way, having only been sprinting for a few moments, and caught sight of Avry'l just as he was deciding which way to go.

"Avry'l, what are you doing?! That lightning bolt means that someone needs the entire party! We can explore our path later!"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:18 pm

"Exactly." Avry'l said, frowning at the the fact that Vas noticed he was trying to get away. "That's why you shouldn't have stopped, and kept going to save them. I'm not good at that stuff. I tend to be clumsy at remembering which people are my allies and which are my enemies."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:34 pm

Jagen spun into a crouch when he heard the explosion. Then he remembered. "That's the signal!" he exclaimed, looking over his shoulder at Arenda. "Someone needs our help - by the look of it, I think it's Wispuna and Tur. Come on!"

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:51 pm

"You'll have trouble remembering who your allies are? On an island inhabited by monsters? Here's a clue, scythe boy- we're wearing clothes and we're humans. Now come on, let's go help the others!"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:54 pm

"Hmph." Avry'l frowned. His fingers rapped lightly on the hilt of his scythe for a moment, as if he was considering whether to push the issue further. . .

"Let us be off, then." he said at last, falling in line behind Vas, his face one of extreme annoyance.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:04 pm

Vas felt a little odd as he and Avry'l set off towards the others. What the hell? he thought. He wasn't used to snapping at people; his usual attitude was one of subservience almost. Something about Avry'l wanting to go off alone and put himself in dange when others already needed them just irked them. As they were running, Vas glanced over for a second.

"Hey Avry'l, sorry for snapping mate."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:50 pm

"No need for that." Avry'l said, putting up a hand quickly to stop Vas. "I was out of line."

The hand also doubled as a mask, to cover the sadistic grin that was developing over his face as they continued moving. . .

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:31 pm

(oc: sorry guys I started up a new semester and it makes my posts a little late.)

"Oh Gods," Wisp said as her hands tightened against around her staff. Her mind was racing with so many spells, she was having a difficult time finding one. Not wanting to wait to long she cast the only thing she could.

"WInd," She said pointing her staff at the beast.

(Ok I do not know any spells of the order. . .sorry but I thought I could use a basic one until I can get some info.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=bunnygirle78>bunnygirle78</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/24/05 23:31

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:28 am

Arenda gave Jagen a nod, then chanted Lightning Boost and dashed off towards the source of the noise.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:11 am

Vas and Avry'l continued running in the direction of the lightning bolt, hoping to soon come upon whatever the trouble was.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:27 pm

The monster took Tur'nasus' arrow in the shoulder, and gave a strange-sounding hiss. At once, five more leapt from the foliage and took positions around their wounded comerade. Suddenly, one spun and leapt straight for Wisp, aiming for her leg.

A quarter of a kilometer west, Jagen called to Arenda. "You run. I've got a better idea." He began to chant, and soon felt himself grow lighter. Then he began to rise - slowly at first, then faster as he cleared the more dangerous branches. Soon he broke out from the top of the trees and sped through the air to where he thought the sound came from.

...and Jagen wasn't the only one who heard the spell's report - three unknown warriors navigated the forest to investigate.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:11 pm

Wisp let out a yell as she stumbled back and thrusts her staff forward.

"HIGH WIND!" She shouted sending a gust of wind at her opponent.

(I hope its ok that I made this up. Its not got any real attack power its more of a defensive maneuver.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:43 pm

(OOC: The spell list is [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/30/05 10:44
[/i]

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:10 am

(sorry not a wind tunnel I will check out that list sorry.)

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:03 am

Arenda continued her dash through the forest, hoping that the power of Laetha would bring her to the aid of her comrades in time.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:26 am

Vas and Avry'l continued to run. Man, it didn't seem like it was that far away.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:24 pm

(OOC: I know, I know, it's been a while since I made a big post. I'm sorry.)

Jagen, having decided to fly, reached the battle first. He drifted to the ground as he let fly an arrow at one of the Tiziats. He turned to Tur'nasus. "Are you girls okay?"

As he was saying this, a Tiziat jumped out from nowhere (actually, the cover of a small bush, but Jagen didn't know that) and sunk its jaws into his side. Most of the uneven but razorsharp teeth were stopped by Jagen's chainmail shirt, but a few went through and into skin, and one found its way between two of the Wind Guide's ribs. Jagen screamed in pain as he pulled an arrow out of his quiver and buried it in the creature's neck, missing the jugular vein by an inch. He gasped as the jaws tightened, then screamed in anger as he tried again with the arrow. This time, cool purple-grey monster blood welled out from the wound and Jagen was able to pry the jaws out of his side. He looked up just in time to see...

"Wispuna!" he yelled, "Monsters behind you!" Two, in fact.

This shout was, by the way, the first sound Arenda heard when she reached them, the first sight being a bolt of blue lightning grounding itself in a tree, thanks to Jagen's aim being slightly off. And Avry'l and Vas, breaking through from the north, saw Jagen, teeth clenched in pain from the wound, do a half-turn and skewer a monster through the shoulder.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/31/05 18:25

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:56 pm

Tur's eyes went wide, then she jumped up into the nearest tree. On the way up, she let fly three more arrows at the three closest furballs.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:30 am

"Hmph." Avry'l, as soon as he was clear from the brush, targeted one of the monsters behind Wispuna, aiming to cleanly emaciate it throught he midsection with his scythe.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs