Elemaer: On Two Fronts

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Re: I'm so freaking long-winded, aren't I?

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:54 pm

The sailors looked at eachother, and one shrugged, with a sort of "What else can we do?" expression.

"Deal."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:07 am

"Well then." Averyl said, placing the deck of card down on the table. "This is a deck of 52 cards. The jokers have been removed. I want you to pull up the first card, look at it, show to everyone in the room, and then place it randomly back into the deck."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/6/04 2:29 am

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:43 am

Vas was eagerly watching Avry'l do his little gamble with the two soldiers. This guy has got to have something up his sleeve here. He doesn't look the sort to take bets he isn't fairly sure he'll win. He turned and smiled at Wisp for a moment before looking back to Avry'l and the soldiers.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:11 pm

One of the sailors picked up the jug of whiskey and took a long pull, then picked up the first card from the deck. "Seven of sabers," he said, showing it around. He placed it back in about the middle of the deck.

(OOC: As of right now, until I decide to take ten minutes and figure this out, Elemaeran cards are like Earth cards but the suits are sabers, stars, hands, and leaves. I'm envisioning six suits, when this is figured out.)

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:48 pm

Averyl grinned, taking the deck and beginning to shuffle it through his hands. "Now, sailor. . ." he said slowly. "Would you be willing to bet that when I finish shuffling. . .your card will once again be at the top of the deck?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:20 pm

Tur got bored of the not moving, and finished three chapters (she's a fast reader) and so decided to see what all the ruckus was about. She had seen numerous peple enter one of the cabins, so she decided to take a look.

She walked in just as Avery'l challenged the sailors, and the first thought that came to mind was Yup, Pompous...

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:21 pm

One of the sailors raised an eyebrow. "I would say that this isn't a game of chance unless you give those cards to someone else to shuffle. I'm not betting against a parlor trick."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:48 pm

"Oooh, feisty are we. . ." Averyl said, sliding the deck across the the table. "I don't mind sharing the fun. Please, shuffle."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:46 pm

(OOC: 'Kay, Molo. Make up your mind, is it Avry'l or Averyl? He's been Averyl for the past five posts, but everything before that is Avry'l.)

The sailor took the deck. "Mind if I check to see if this is a trick deck? We're sort of playing with our lives here."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:11 pm

(OOC: I apologize. It's Avry'l. Sorry!!)

"Knock yourselves out." Avry'l grinned. "Feel free to go through every card if you wish."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:22 am

The sailor took some cards out at random and looked them over. "Everything looks okay," he said, then began shuffling.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:55 am

Avyr'l once again grinned obnoxiously, his mouth practically stretching around his entire face. Doing this, it seemed like every part of his face was just in the way for his mouth. His eyes scrinched up, his nostrils flared, and his eyebrows jumped up on his slanted forehead. Even his earlobes perked up a bit. He was a biped chesire cat.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:38 am

Vas smiled as he saw Avry'l start to grin. He leaned over very close to his room mate's ear and whispered so that even Avry'l could barely hear him.

"You never intended to win this bet, did you?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:09 pm

Avry'l eyeballs slid over in their sockets, turning to stare over at Vas. His grin did not falter. He lifted a thin, pale finger up to his lips, and then set it back down.

His eyes turned back to the sailor.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:17 am

The sailor lifted the top card off and showed it to Avry'l, apparently afraid to look.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:37 am

"Oh. . .a six of sabers." Avry'l threw his arms up into the air in mock defeat, rolling his eyes backwards into his head. "What a shame. It seems I have become the loser of this bet."

He moved over to the hidden cabinet, turning back to the sailor. "Do you have any other requests for me to carry out my end of the deal?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:55 am

Tur felt ashamed that she hadn't seen the outcome of this game, but then again, reminded herself she hadn't seen the beginning. She wondered what was in that cabinet that Avery'l was about to open, but she knew immediately that she would have to be wary of this one. He seemed able to talk anyone into doing anything, or rather, talk anyone into letting him do anything...

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:27 pm

Vas just shook his head and smiled. Smooth as silk.

He walked over to stand near Avry'l. "I think I may just have to share my mate's burden of defeat. I don't know that he could stand the torture of a loss all by himself," Vas said, turning to grin at his companion.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:56 pm

(OOC: I was waiting for spleen to post, but I am starting to think that maybe he thought I was going to post first. So, either way, no sweat.)

Avry'l turned to stare at Vas, his eyebrows slightly raised in a look of interest.

His head turned back towards the sailors, awaiting the answer to his inquiry.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:37 pm

(OOC: Actually, the page wasn't refreshing until you posted. Weird...)

"Uh, no..." one soldier said, "Just don't tell the captain who we are. We don't want to get in trouble."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:16 pm

"Oh ma, how boring," Tur said. It's so typical of guys to do stuff like this, she thought. She decided to leave before anythign else happened, like them getting kicked off the boat. She decided it wasabout time to settle down, so went to her room and began unpacking, setting a cute little bobble-head dog next to her bed.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:53 pm

"I see. . ." Avry'l smiled, turning to the cabinet. Suddenly, his left arm darted out of his cloak, wrapping its pale fingers around a dark, dusty green bottle. "This should do nicely." he said.

As the bottle was opened, a heavy alcoholic smell began to drift through the room. He slowly tipped the edge of the bottle up to his lips, and took a generous gulp of the fluid.

"Oooh. . .this is quite full." he grinned, handing the bottle over to Vas. "Would you like to try some as well, dear partner?"

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:28 pm

"I do believe I could try a sip," Vas replied, taking the bottle and drinking about half a mouth full.

"Quite good. What do you say we return to our bunks to stew in your most upsetting defeat?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:19 pm

"You sailors sure drive tough bargains." Avry'l said, placing the bottle back on the shelf and doing an unsettling curtsy. "'Twas a pleasure doing business with you."

With that, he began to slide out of the room, his scythe in tow.

Spleen

LOOK IT'S A NEW SUBJECT LINE!

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:20 pm

The sailors gaped at each other. "How did that happen?" one said, when Avry'l was safely out of earshot.

"I don't know," his companion answered, "but let's not tell anyone, okay?"

"I'll drink to that, brother."

However, they did not get the opportunity to do so before the captain called for the ship to cast off and they had to get to their positions.

In the guys' cabin, Jagen stole Vas's pillow off his bed and put it over his head to keep out the sounds of the sailors and the ship being prepared. "Would it be that hard to give us some soundproofing or something in here? Farhin'nis..."

(OOC: FUN TIDBIT: Farhin'nis is the Guardian Beast of Air. He's a falcon. He's cool. The Guardian Beasts single-handedly beat the crap out of a whole demonic army in the Second War of the Gods.

Also, before I forget. THINGS LAETHANS SWEAR ON:
Laetha, Laetha's bow, Baht'isnah (the name of Laetha's bow), Laetha's wings, Laetha's grace, Farhin'nis, thunder, storms, wind. Also, saying "Tits of the Goddess!" will get you thrown out of most public places (and out of a 15th-floor window if you're in the Temple of Air), but it's not completely unheard of. It's just an expletive, but a bad one.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/18/04 8:21 pm

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: LOOK IT'S A NEW SUBJECT LINE!

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:25 pm

Avry'l, not seeming to eager to head back to the cabin just yet, decided to meander around the deck, observing the goings-on of the sailors. . .

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:32 pm

The ship was underway within twenty minutes, sails full of the magically-triggered wind.

Jagen, perceiving that sleep would be fleeting if it came at all, came back up on deck and stood by Avry'l. "So we're finally up and out, huh? 'Bout time, it's getting late. What do you say to a little dinner, the six of us, in our cabin?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:57 am

"Sounds exquisite." Avry'l said, grinning, and waving his head forward. "Lead the way, sir."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:52 pm

Tur finished unpacking when the boat began to move beneath her feet. She decided to go out on deck to see if there was something for her to do. She decided perhaps target practice would be nice, and so pulled out her bow and a few arrows. she then stuck a target on one of the outside walls of the cabin. She stood a few feet away, and began firing shots at the target with one arrow at first. Then, as she began to warm up, she moved up, shooting two arrows at a time, then three. Every time she ran out of arrows, she went over the target and plucked them of the target.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:19 pm

Jagen noticed Tur'nasus firing her bow. "Hey, Tur, when you're done with target practice, why don't you come to our cabin? We're going to have dinner and discuss our plans."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:18 pm

Tur stopped midshot, let go of the string's tension slowly, and said, "Sure, I was getting bored anyways," and packed up her stuff. She quickly putthe stuff back in her bag in her room and followed the leader to hsi quarters.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:34 pm

Avry'l simply nodded as Tur came along, with thin eyes and a grin, saying nothing more.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:18 pm

Vas simply nodded at Tur as he walked past Jagen and Avry'l to the cabin.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:25 am

Since Arenda was asleep at the moment, it would probably have probably been a good idea for someone to frikkin' wake her up. >:[

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:37 pm

Tur stopped when a thought popped into her head. Arenda is still asleep, so maybe I should "frikkin' wake her up." And so, she quickly said, "Hold on, we forgot someone," ran back to the cabin, and hurriedly but gently nudged Arenda awake.

(EDIT: Heh, nudging the wrong person....)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/2/04 8:07 pm

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:27 pm

(OOC: Arenda =/= Vas! Darkknight loses again :D)

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:44 pm

Arenda woke up and immediately realized that her name wasn't Vas. In fact, she had never even thought that her name was Vas to begin with.

"Mmm... What is it?" she asked sleepily.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:17 pm

"Get up if you want food... and to know what's going on," Tur said.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:34 pm

Jagen entered the cabin, and began setting the small table for the six of them. There wasn't enough room. "Hey, Vas, would you mind possibly using one of those nightstands as a table? There's only enough room for four here, so there'll be room if the two of us relinquish our positions."

Just then, the ship's cook came in, carrying a roast bird on a large platter, three sizable Joh'dr fruits, and a motley collection of plates, knives, and forks, and set it all down on the table. "That everything?" the sailor asked.

"Yeah, looks like it," Jagen answered, "Thanks."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:01 pm

Arenda sat up and yawned, then climbed out of the bed.

"Alright, I'm up," she said. "Lead the way."

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs