MAC RP: Find the Kitty. (Closed)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: I couldn't resist.

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:02 am

Well, the alley certainly left a bit of potential for sneaking in the back way. Unfortunately, since it was occupied, he wasn't going to be able to get a closer look. Skulking about in alleys for no apparent reason was the sort of thing that led to awkward questions.

Archie settled for taking in the sights and continuing on around the block. He hadn't spotted any obvious sentries so far, but then, they wouldn't be obvious, would they?

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:43 pm

Leo continued along his path, careful to remain alert of his surroundings. This didn't look like a particularly nice part of town, so staying on one's toes would be wise.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:11 am

Leo notices nothing threatening, the street is fairly empty; save for a car that zooms past whilst breaking the the speed limit. Glancing toward the building in question, he notes that it looks abandoned, though still in adequate condition.

Archie does a circuit around the block, passing a closed bookshop, some sort of attorney's office, and an old house that seems to predate most of the other things in the region. Soon, he comes to the opposite end of the alley he passed prior, with a run-down and partially-abandoned neighborhood across the street.

Edited by: Uncle Pervy  Image at: 12/20/04 0:21

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:59 pm

Pat tsked slightly to herself, continuing in her direction a way. Perhaps nothing very useful, but still a bit to explore.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:00 pm

Leo notes the state of the building, thinking to himself. Looks pretty rundown, he thought. Still doesn't stop others from using it, though.

And with that, he continued along his merry way.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:31 pm

Patricia will come upon a used car lot and a defunct hair salon. There is a human hobo outside of the car lot, wearing a ratty trenchcoat, sitting with his knees drawn up to his chest and his face buried in his arms.

Leo will reach the end of the block without further findings, aside from noting a couple of boarded up windows discreetly. He'll see Archie is just to the left, having rounded the block apparently.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:32 pm

After a few moments' consideration, Archie decided to walk back via the front of the building. Might as well get a good look at the place.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:03 am

"Accident, huh?" Brook scoffs, before jabbing at Amelia with his thumb. "Sis knows alot about accidents, why don't you ask her to tell you sometime?" He quickly leans backward to avoid a glass bottle thrown by his younger sybling.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:23 pm

Patricia gave an internal frown.

Nothing that'd be terribly good in a fight, but at least they knew an area to avoid, so they could try to keep others out of the crossfire.

She glanced at her watch. How much time had passed anyway?

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:40 pm

Patricia had been walking for a good five minutes, and had taken the job a good hour and a half ago.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:16 am

Huh, I wonder if he's found anything...

Leo continues to walk, nearing closer to his companion. If he wishes to recognise him or talk to him, he'll gladly stop. However, until he gives a signal of some sort, he'll be laying low so to speak.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:57 am

Five minutes? Felt like longer. Bo~oring, Pat thought, with a trace of impatience. If this was a game, there should be some ACTION by now! That hobo would suddenly pull out a pistol! A random sidequest would be initiated!

Bah. Maybe life wasn't a game, but she was set to explore down this area, and by golly, she was going to do it!

With firm determination and strength of will, Pat continued on her way.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:18 am

Archie gave Leo a nod and a grin, but didn't make any further effort at communication. It wasn't as if he had anything important to impart, anyway.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:27 pm

Leo nods back, and keeps on walking.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:52 pm

Leo and archie pass each other. Leo notes the alley, the dwarven biker about a block down fro the alley, and the houses that Archie did, whilst Archie gets a glimpse of the same building front that Leo.

Pat, for her credit, soon finds herself passing under a rail transit bridge and heading for better parts of town. There is a run-down but open CD store right before it.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:27 pm

Aha! The daring and dashing Pat had discovered something!

She glanced into the store as she passed. She doubted there'd be any evidence of terrorist activity down this way, but at least she had an idea of hideouts if necessary. Maybe.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:13 pm

Pat notices, upon glancing through the storefront, that the shop seems fairly dinghy and small. A human inside seems to be be looking at some of the stock, whilst a difficult to identify crossbreed reads something whilst minding the counter.

Archie and Leo, for their part, find exactly nothing new at the moment.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:18 am

After passing by the building, Archie went off on a tangent, taking a right turn. He had a bit of time to kill, and might as well put it to some use. Get a feel for the rest of the neighbourhood, that sort of thing.

He was becoming increasingly aware that while reconnaisance was a fine idea in theory, he just didn't have the experience to identify everything he should be looking for. With any luck, the three of them would be able to pool their observations to make up for it.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:20 am

Archie takes a right turn, and ends up passing the alleyway again. Once again, he walks fairly close to the Dwarven biker, who seems to glance up his way momentarily.

Archie also notes that down the alley, past the dwarf, a door hangs open. He seems to remember that building being the enigmatic Merv's near the bus stop.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:20 pm

Archie gave the dwarf a friendly nod before continuing on his way down the street. He'd figured they might want to check out Merv's as a group. Hopefully his activities weren't too suspicious to the dwarf, though he made a mental note not to come back this way a third time.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:09 pm

Leo shrugged, and thought to himself, There's not much I'm going to find now.

He then began to backtrack, looking for Pat and Archie. Merv's seemed like their best bet, and it would be best to check it out soon.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:34 pm

Pat resisted the urge to blow her bangs out of her eyes with exasperation.

Come ON. NOTHING? she thought with annoyance. Then a smaller, chiding voice asked her if she really thought life was like one of her games.

Ah well. Pat really doubted there would be anything useful, though she could possibly return to the store later and see if they had any of that catchy Nekonian pop music she was rather fond of.

With that, she began ambling back the way she came. Hopefully the others had found something. Pat just hoped she wasn't relegated to a NPC role.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:47 pm

Leo and Pat make their way back toward the bustop, while Archie continues on past the dwarf and to the street past the building once more.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:56 am

Well, it looked like he'd seen about as much as he was going to. Time to head back. Archie took a left, circling around the block and back towards the bus stop and Merv's.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:03 am

Very neatly, Archie manages to meet up with Pat and Leo about a block away from the bus station, thanks to a little speed on his side.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:48 pm

"Yoyo," Pat said amiably to the both of them. "Anything interesting?"

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:53 pm

"Other than a few rundown buildings and a biker, not really," he said, shrugging. "Unless you or Archie's found something, I say we check out Merv's."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:59 pm

"Leave me alone," Rally dejectedly said, as she took her booty and began to leave...

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:08 pm

"Sounds good," Archie said, "I didn't find anywhere that bears checking out either."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:50 pm

Leo then looked to Pat, and said, "What about you?"

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:01 pm

Amelia began following Rally out of the junkyard, mumbling to herself as she went. When they were far enough away from her sibling, the relaxed a bit, and asked- "Well...Now what?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:45 am

For his part, Archie began ambling in the direction of Merv's. Not too fast, giving the others plenty of time to fall in before he reached the door. Merv's was an enigma. What lurked behind the building's exterior? A run-down bar? A mechanic's workshop? Some guy named Merv?

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:18 pm

Archie soon reaches the door of Merv's. It is opaque and wooden, barely hinting at what is beyond.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:22 pm

Not waiting for Pat's answer, Leo hurried to catch up with Archie.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:25 pm

Pat ambled after them, hands slung in her pockets.

"N'much, unless you're interested in a music store I found."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:50 pm

And so it was that Archie opened the door and perused the mysteries within.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:50 pm

Rally thought for a moment. "Well, we have a good offensive weapon, but I could still use some shielding. How much money do you have on you?"

Uncle Pervy

Finally I can kick this up :(

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:03 pm

The first thing that comes to Archie's nose is a sent of chemicals and conditioner. As he looks inside, he sees the walls are dinghy, and the lighting is fairly low. A long bench running against the right wall, littered with newspapers and periodicals. Mirrors and drawers run along the left side, while a swiveling chair is perched in front of each mirror. One of those chairs is occupied by a particularly flabby orc, while a dwarf seems to be busy trimming the orc's greasy hair.

"I'll be done wit' Blunthor 'ere in a minute," the dwarf, an aproned man with a blond and immaculately braided beard and nary a hair on his scalp. "Just have a seat and I'll do with you soon."

NebulaQueen

Re: Finally I can kick this up :(

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:45 pm

...a barber's shop. I can't believe we're in a barber's shop.

Ignoring the smell (it's always been something that annoyed him), Leo took a seat and waited for the others. Who knows, they might hear something interesting.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Finally I can kick this up :(

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:26 pm

Well, this was an anticlimax. Lacking any other plan, Archie likewise took a seat. If nothing else, he could probably do with a haircut.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs