MAC RP: Find the Kitty. (Closed)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Whoo!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:18 am

Amelia took the clipboard when offered to her, and wrote, although a bit distractedly, all the while thinking of something in that little head of hers.

Let's see...White magic, tek piloting, computers...Man, If they're here for it, too, they're in for a disappointment. Because that contract is MINE. ...But...That's not fair, if I take it when they want it, even if if I'm the best choice...Agh, this is so confusing!

Edited by: Shinigori V2  Image at: 9/29/04 1:15 am

Zemyla

Rocks fall! Everyone dies!

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:46 pm

Ana, who had entered with the others, received the clipboard next. She signed her name and relevant skills to the paper.

"Ana Helve. Fairly good battlesuit pilot, skilled with illusions and stealth."

No point using a pseudonym, since I plan on doing business with them later...

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=zemyla>Zemyla</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/27/04 8:21 pm

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Rocks fall! Everyone dies!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:50 pm

Archie took the clipboard in his turn, listing his own name and skills below the others'. He resisted the temptation to check what they'd put down. After all, he'd either get in on his own merits or not at all. Worrying about the others' qualifications wouldn't help.

For his own part, he'd put down "Archibald Ancell. Skilled mage, specialities in astral and enchanting. Some experience with battlesuits."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kelne>Kelne</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/28/04 5:48 pm

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:54 am

Leo filed away the amazing mechanical arm in his memory. He admitted to himself that it was a rather clever device, and it reminded him of some robotics designs he had seen before.

What he didn't get, though, is why she didn't use a similar device to write.

Setting ideas on how to make a more delicate arm aside, he took the clip from Archie, to write his own name on it, as well as his qualifications.

Let's see...I've got piloting, Tek repair, engineering...what else?

He jotted down the previous information, as well as his experience with mathematics and astronomy. Hopefully, all of this would be impressive enough for those at the corporation to overlook his flaws.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 9/28/04 5:56 pm

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:16 pm

The clipboard is reclaimed.

"Just take the elevator to the top floor," the half-elf says, as she starts to type something into her computer. "Mrs. Rutherford's Office will be at the end of the hall to the right. She'll be expecting you, so just walk on inside."

Thus is the group left to fend for themselves, as the elevators stand silent, awaiting to be triggered. Some of the more socially minded of the students may decide that this would be a good time get to know the competition. The more deviously inclined may well do so to learn the weakness of the competition, then exploit it.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:07 pm

Archie, not being particularly socially or deviously minded, wandered over to the elevators and hit the button to summon one. While he waited, he absently surveyed the group. A couple of them were vaguely familiar; he might have run into them in the halls at some point.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:28 pm

Rally got in line behind Archie.

She kind of... looked awkwardly at everyone else, pursed her lips, and kept quiet.

It was odd... usually she felt chatty, but not today... maybe because this wasn't a usual social situation. Oh well, she thought. I'll probably have plenty of chances to make up for the stupidity of earlier...

SALSAlys

Ah, social awkwardness.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:07 am

Pat glanced about at the others. Even if they were all competing for the same spot, she thought it was a shame that they were all being so silent.

"...soooo," Pat began with a long exhale, puffing an annoying orange curl off her face. "Anybody here know more about this job than what the post mentioned on the message boards? It just seems odd that they'd send something that's basically a cattlecall, when we have no clue what to expect."

Zemyla

Re: Ah, social awkwardness.

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:09 pm

Ana, who is both socially and deviously minded, decided to reply.

"Well, I did some research, but I couldn't find anything specific that they're starting." She grimaced. "Unfortunately, their website is written by PR people and is useless for this sort of thing."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:26 pm

Amelia had followed Archie to the elevators, but taken a look back to that nekojin in the chair. Heading back in that direction again, she stood infront of her and began talking. "Are you going to be okay on your own, or do you need help? It can't be easy being blind and in a chair, it must be awful!"

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:12 pm

"Thank you," said Leo, hurridly, before making it to the elevator with his peers.

He stayed quiet in the conversation on the post (most of what's relevant had already been said). However, he then heard Amelia's rather...eccentric question on Miss Rally.

"...I don't think that she's actually blind," he mentioned, a bit dryly.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:24 pm

Ding goes the elevator, as the doors slide open. Conviently empty, the elevator car should be able to hold them without a problem

(OOC: Lys: IM me or be destroyed!)

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:27 pm

Ana, acting polite as she often does, goes over to the elevator doors and holds them open so that everyone can get on.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:37 pm

"I'm not blind, really," Rally said as she scooted onto the people lifter. "That was just a blonde moment... HOPE it doesn't happen again...

"And if I were blind, I'd still be able to manage. But thank you for offering..."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:05 pm

Archie nodded his thanks to Ana, and took his place on the elevator. "It's all a bit mysterious, really," he said, "But we ought to find out what's going on soon enough."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:17 pm

Well, he had said his bit on the whole matter of the girl's blindness, Leo thought to himself as he walked onto the elevator. With that taken care of, he turned to his other classmates.

"It can't be that bad, though," he said to them. "They're a pretty legit company, from what I've seen."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:45 pm

Pat grinned at Ana, offering a slight thumbs up by way of thanks before entering the elevator.

"Not like I was worried about them being legit, but I'm ready to roll with most things. Simple enough to say 'no' if it's something shady."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:31 am

"Not blind? Huh. Seemed like it...Oh well." Amelia shrugged, as she walked onto the elevator. Though the talk of shady dealings did put her off a bit. "...If it is shady, though...Oh, no! What if it's a trap!? What if they're waiting in amubush?! I don't want to have to beat people up here!...But I will if I have to!" By now, Amelia was already lost in her own little world, mumbling about devine justice and whatnot.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:39 am

"A trap for what? Why would anyone want to trap us?" Rally half wondered. (The other half was feeling that Amelia was a bit of a space case.) "I don't think I have anything worth trapping over..."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:01 pm

"Y'know," said Leo, "If it was a trap, would they really be posting it on a public forum?"

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:50 pm

"It's doubtful. Who would want to trap a bunch of students?" Ana said. "And on that note, why are they hiring students instead of using their own employees for whatever this is?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:03 am

And the doors close, as the last of the eager beavers makes their way in. Now to select a floor...

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:01 am

"Okay! Now we're officially trapped! Don't worry, I'm an expert at this kind of thing" Amelia blurted. She glanced around nervously, and let her eyes fall upon the floor selection buttons. "Now, if I'm right, the elevator will begin moving on it's own, and we'll start a series of annoying and pointless fights in which we finally get to some floor where it'll stop and let us out, allowing for the ninja to ambush us..."

At that point, Amelia began spacing completely, although she did shut her mouth for the time being.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:04 am

"... or, you could press the top floor button. It might thwart their 'plan' ..."

Oh boy... she really ISN'T too bright...

SALSAlys

It's a trap!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:07 am

Pat chuckled, tapping the button in question.

"No fight's pointless. At least you get the experience for a level-up."

Uncle Pervy

Not in my RPs, you don't :D

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:14 pm

And thus does the elevator begin to rise, toward the mythical fifth floor.

NebulaQueen

Re: Not in my RPs, you don't :D

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:22 pm

Leo smacked his palm against his forhead. Gods above, how dense can this girl get?

Inside of his heart he hoped against hope that the elevator wouldn't break down dramatically. The last thing he wanted was to be stranded with the stranger's rants about justice.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:04 pm

Amelia looked at Leo questioningly, before simply asking- "...What?"

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:04 am

"...nothing, absolutely nothing."

Leo separated his hand from his face, and unceremoniously stuffed it in his pocket. The boy began to look a tad less irritated, and more aloof. While someone more perceptive may note lingering signs of annoyance, they seem to be well hidden.

Don't let her get under your skin...nobody's gonna hire you if you're in a pissy mood when you get there.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:16 am

Archie, for his part, completed the epic quest for the fifth floor quietly. He'd reached the conclusion that Amelia was ever so slightly weird. Then again, most people revealed themselves to be a bit weird if you hung around them for long enough.

Of course, most people didn't reveal it in the first minute or so...

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:29 am

Amelia flushed in the face a bit, glancing at the others. "...Did I say that out loud?" She would likely spend the rest of the trip up silent, unless someone went out of their way to talk to her.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:55 am

The doors slide open, prompting the group to emerge. As they do, they find themselves in a long, and rather spacious hallway. To the right, they see it continuing a few yards, passing two closed doors, and terminating at a set of large, oaken double doors.

To the left, the hall quickly runs into a T-intersection.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:04 am

Amelia scratched her head for a minute, looking both ways, before deciding to begin down the hallway with the doors. "I think we're probably supposed to go this way." She was fairly sure, at least.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:42 pm

Ana looked around a bit before following Amelia. "I think she's right about that, at least. Important people tend to express their importance through large doors."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:06 pm

"No arguments here," Archie remarked, following the other two.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:29 pm

Leo followed the others along to the doorway. After all, this was the place the half elf told them to go to.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:14 pm

And Pat proceeded with the motley crew! Though she refrained from making comments about size compensation.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:56 pm

Rally followed along in the rear, examining the area with the rest. She had seen the door. Now she was looking at the rest of the area. Did the decor impress?

Uncle Pervy

www.zombo.com

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:34 am

The decor is what one would of expect of an office building, clean and functional, but hardly exciting. To its credit, it is not cost-cuttingly ugly, either.

Amelia reaches the doors first, and opens them for the group. As they march inside, it is very hard not to notice that the office is very spacious, with the ceiling vaulting well over a dozen feet overhead.

The reason for this becomes obvious, as their eyes are drawn to the left of the entryway, where the main part of the office lies. There, they see an immense oakan desk, scaled for something significantly larger than a human being. Sitting at that desk is a particularly large woman, easily over nine feet tall. Blonde-haired, immaculately groomed and wearing business attire, she manages to look the part of a someone in charge of a business despite (or perhaps because of) her size. This would not likely be most of the group's first experience with a giant; the more astute may be away that the Academy's Professor Langstaff shares similiair heritage. Still, it is unusual to see one of this rare species pursuing this line of work.

She looks up from typing something into her computer, and seems to appraise the group for a moment. Then she sets her work aside and motions toward the seats placed a comfortable distance from her desk. "Have a seat," she invites, speaking with a rich Baronian accent. "I'm Branch President Eliza Rutherford, and I am positively tickled that you've replied to our little advert so quickly. I presume that you you six have come to sign on as a group?"

SALSAlys

Re: www.zombo.com

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:13 am

Pat looked upwards at Ms. Rutherford. Though initially taken slightly aback, ears twitching, she calmed quickly, flashing a grin.

"Can't speak for all of the others, but don't think we originally intended to. We could probably work together if need be, though we were trying individually."

Pat glanced at the others briefly during that. She had no problems with working with others... though she imagined at they'd likely grate on eachothers' nerves at times.

"Might help if you explained the assignment a bit more though."

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs