MAC RP: Find the Kitty. (Closed)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Zemyla

Re: I couldn't resist.

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:20 pm

Ana decided to use her time-tested skills of diplomacy and persuasion with her associate.

Vadding: Well, it's rather simple.
Vadding: You don't have to go anywhere for this. What I will do is enter, and you can use my POACH as a wireless relay, which I will plug into the systems I need broken into.

(Note: A POACH is a Personal Organization And Communication Handheld. It's basically just a better name for a PDA.)

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:42 pm

TropicalFernswarthy: Who and what and I breaking into now? You know I'm not getting any more attention, right?

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:01 pm

"Great," he said, returning the smile to Pat.

With that, he continued to wait.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:16 am

Pat stretched, sprawling herself comfortably over the bench, an arm stretched along the back.

"Out of curiousity, either of you done any official mech-tech business before this?" she asked, idly using her own nickname for the academy's instruction.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:13 pm

Vadding: Well, I'm going to be breaking into one of the headquarters for the Doman Absolutist Society, a group of terrorists.
Vadding: No one should find out about your contribution. I doubt you'll draw attention.

And Ana remembered that after she persuaded him, she would have to go back to the school and persuade one of the faculty to let them use their battlesuits.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:27 pm

TropicalFernswarthy: Give me a time and a place, I'll see what I can do, I guess. But I swear to Falis and Kalyca, if there's even a hint of my name in this...

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:09 pm

Vadding: I'll get you the time and place later, as my team hasn't decided it. And don't worry, I won't mention you.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:23 pm

He shook his head in response to Pat. "This is my first job, actually..."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:00 pm

"Same here, really," Archie said, nodding, "This'll be my first time out in the field, really."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:37 am

TropicalFernswarthy: Right, catch me then

Notice: TropicalFernswarthy has Signed Off.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:51 am

"Not yet... we may have to give up and go to a store or a junkyard..."

She made one last scan to see if there was ANYTHING redeemable...

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:10 am

"It makes me wonder, though..." Leo began, "If this is so important, why would they hire a bunch of rookies like us?"

He stretched his arms, waiting for a potential answer from his companions. Maybe the others have more experience... he thought to himself.

...either that, or rookies are the only ones gullible enough to take the job.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:12 pm

Ana, after concluding her conversation with her associate, sets the floorplan map to print out, saves all of the addresses she found to her POACH, and signs off.

Her next goal is to get to the bus in time to get to the school. She needs to talk to a teacher about, perhaps, getting their battlesuits and stuff checked out for this project. And maybe getting some extra credit for this...

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:31 am

Archie nodded. It was something that had occurred to him, too. "It might just be that rookies are the only ones who'll work without up-front payment," he said, "I keep thinking there's something I'm not seeing, though."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:15 am

(OOC: Right, Kelne and Neb gave me their plans. If Lys wants to tag along, good for her! :D)

The minutes seem to crawl by until the bus comes. Finally, though, it does. Those who are boarding board it, and quickly it gets on its way.

A good half hour later, the group finds itself deposited a few blocks down the street from the building they have been slated to infiltrate. The neighborhood is, predictably, run down. Only a few people seem to be on the streets here, all of doing their best to mind their own business. The buildings are in various states of decay, some still in use and a couple abandoned and condemned. One on the corners of the bus stop's block seems to be some sort of establishment; there are no windows to allow one to peek inside, and the sign proclaims it Merv's.

Edited by: Uncle Pervy  Image at: 12/6/04 22:31

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:36 am

Looking over the junk a bit more, Rally finds a device of some sort- A shiney silver, with a long handle, with something that looks like a squeeze trigger running the length of it. A small compartment in the handle appears to open while doubling as a grip, and a short barrel is attached, ending with a small, rectangular hole. However, she doesn't get a very good look at it, as it's scooped up by a young man- Slightly older than the other two in the junkyard, and sporting a head of neat, light purple hair hanging just low enough to cover his ears. He aims the device at Rally, and glares- Until looking to Amelia, who has taken to staring off into space, muttering about how it's only a matter of time till they come and the war starts. He sighs, and shouts- "AMELIA!"

In turn, Amelia jumps back and away, raising her arms to cover her face and screaming- As the man almost falls over laughing. Amelia recovers a bit, glaring at him. "That's not funny, Brook! What are you doing here, anyway?"

The man, Brook, stops laughing long enough to glance at Rally- "Nothing, really. Was on my way out when I saw that you're playing with Ree-Ree's again. Smell your own kind, huh?"

Amelia stomped on something in the pile of trash she stood upon hard enough to make it shatter- "I am NOT retarded!" After a moment of silence, Amelia added- "And neither is she."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:56 pm

"... uh..." Rally was kinda speechless. She'd never been... well, held up before.

Eh. No reason to not be her. "Uh... hi! I'm Rally... um... can I have that? I need that for something important I need to do..."

And a sweet smile. She hoped this would work. I mean, Amelia knew this guy... right?

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:59 pm

The man leaned forward a bit, almost offering the device to Rally- Almost, but not quite. It sits just out of reach. "You want this? You even know what it IS?"

"Rally...This is one of my brothers, Brook." Amelia sighed.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:02 am

"... Hi Brook. Um... and yeah. That looks like a weapon. I could use one.

"And even if not, it looks like it could be useful anyways! So can I please have it?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:21 am

"Only if you can tell me what it is." Brook says with a slight smirk.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:24 am

"... oh. OK." Well now that he was holding it differently, she could see what it was... but could she recognize it?

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:27 am

It still looked very much like a gun, however the trigger was a whole handed squeezing mechanism, and the barrel ended in a hole too small for a traditional bullet, and was quite a bit too rectangular to work in that respect.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:35 am

Rally would've shrugged. "I don't know, uh... pneumatic staple or nail gun?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:50 am

Well, so much for the idea of picking up some bikes and riding past. Even if they could find a place which would rent them bikes, the cover story of being out for a ride and getting lost didn't look like it would fly. People didn't come into a rundown area like this without a specific reason.

They had one, of course, but it wasn't the sort of thing you advertised. Still, provided they didn't stick around too long, the question shouldn't come up. Which just left the question of where they should go from here.

"You think we should just stroll past or check out the lay of the land first?" he asked his companions.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:08 pm

"Check it out. Always good to have an idea of an escape route if we need t'make a getaway," Pat replied, the corner of her mouth twitching upward slightly. She stretched her arms, ears flicking forward as she began a casual amble towards Merv's, eyes glancing about.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:41 pm

"Plus, we can get a better idea about where to look," Leo interjected.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:45 pm

And Patricia approaches the mysterious place known only as Merv's. Nothing yet hints at the secrets that might be hidden behind its doors, nor do any windows offer an inviting peek inside.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:40 am

Archie trailed along in Pat's wake, a bit curious about Merv's himself.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:47 pm

Likewise does Leo follow, not wanting to be left behind.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:29 pm

Pat looked at Merv's contemplatively, apparently in thought.

Then she proceeded to stroll past it.

"Check out the other streets in the area, any unusual landmarks. Might as well get the outline before focussing on the details," she commented, somewhat offhandedly. If this was a game, she'd be checking for snipers or traps in the immediate area before proceeding to the building.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:52 am

"Sounds good to me," he said, "but it might take too long. Maybe we should split up?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:59 pm

"Sounds good," Archie said, "Meet back here in twenty minutes?"

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:37 am

"Works," Pat replied, swinging her arms loosely. "You guys want dibs on choosing directions?"

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:25 am

"Twenty minutes sounds good," he said. "And, whatever you guys aren't."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:25 pm

"Well, I'll take this direction," Archie said, starting off on a path that would take him around the streets behind the building they were interested in.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:40 pm

"Right."

As for Leo, he'd continue to head straight until he sees another street that catches his interest.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:54 am

Brook stood for a second, then laughed, twirling the device on his finger, before catching it in his hand and squeezing the handle- Sending a staple shooting out at incredible speeds- Through a conveniantly placed tin can. He then chuckled, and offered the gun up. "Staple gun, though I tricked it out. Shoots through quite a bit at moderate range. You're pretty smart, for a ree-ree. You're, like...The Queen 'Tard. Take your prize, and hop the short bus back to your palace. Less you wanted to sift around in the trash a bit more?"

Amelia, for her part, has gone blank- Lost in a daydream.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:32 pm

Rally began to get annoyed.

"I'm not retarded," she asserted. "... I got like this in an accident."

Taking control of her mechanical arm, she reached out for the item. "And I wouldn't stay here any longer if you paid me..."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:14 am

As for Pat, she was going in the opposite direction of Leo. The wonders of choices!

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:21 am

And thus do the three explore.

Pat's course reveals precious little of interest to the mission. There seems to be a run-down Everything One Gil store down her way a bit, and some old homes; some in use and some not. She can conclude that protracted firefights this was would be a very bad thing.

Leo's course takes him closer and closer to the fated building. At a glance, he can't really tell if its supposed to look abandoned or not. The blocks about it look mostly run down, but a few of them seem to be lived in.

Archie finds that there is an alleyway running behind the building in question, one that seems to continue on to the block opposing the hideout's block. He'll note there seems to be a dwarf in black leathers in this opposing alley, working on a massive three-wheeled motorbike whose chrome bulk seems to rival some smaller cars. Countinuing on to the street running behind the hideout's block, he notes a closed-down pharmacy, and an apartment complex that seems to be still open.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs