MAC RP: Find the Kitty. (Closed)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: MAC RP: Find the Kitty. (Closed)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:33 pm

"Yeah...I don't think it would be a good idea to just walk in without knowing what's up. Besides, if we wait, we could do some of that crazy spy stuff first, like in the movies!" Amelia commented, walking into the elevator while grinning like a maniac.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:48 am

"A..." She clears her throat. "A battlesuit? Uh... no... but..." Her mind began to race. "With some power upgrades, a fullview armour shield (better make it ablative or something), a couple of gunmounts, and a few extra tools, maybe a lockpick and a cutting laser or something... I could make my chair pretty able for combat...

"How long do I have to make upgrades?"

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:07 pm

"We don't really know, yet," said Leo, shrugging his shoulders. "It all depends on how these guys work."

"Anyways...I think we should split up the research. I'd like to see what connections these guys have, myself."

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:43 pm

"That sounds like a good plan," Ana replied. "I know of several places where we could check."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:10 am

"By the way, we should probably exchange web aliases, if we have them. That way, if we find anything online, we can just pass it along."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:15 am

Pat nodded.

"Easy 'nuff, but I want to do some footwork. Figure I can bike over and act like I'm lost or something, scope the place out a bit. Maybe not much, but I'd like to at least know what the area's like."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:52 am

"I think I'll join you, Pat," Archie said, reaching over to hit the button for the ground floor, "I'd like to get a look at the place myself." He considered for a moment, "Why don't we all meet up in the quad? Say around 5?"

Shinigori V2

She takes after her great great great grandfather ;_;

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:20 am

Amelia, for her part, stood quietly outside the elevator, staring off into space. Even when the doors opened, she continued to stand, motionless. This continued for another moment, till she snapped out of it and finally slipped on. "Sorry, sorry!" Thinking for a moment, she made up her mind. "Rally, wasn't it? My dad might have some of the stuff you'd need in one of his yards. We can go look, if you want!"

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:20 pm

"Sounds good. Archie, you got a bike to come with me, look like a couple of kids late for somewhere, or go seperately?" the androgynous catgirl asked.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:14 pm

"Really?" Rally said. "That'd... that'd be great! Where do you live? I'll follow you? Want some stuff in return? Let's go!"

You could tell in her face the prospect of getting new parts was enough to make her giddy....

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:18 pm

And thus do our Heroes exit the building. The six now stand upon the street, where do they go now?

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:21 pm

Amelia stood, a hand on her chin, trying to locate the nearest yard belonging to her family. She almost regretted not paying more attention to it, now- They could be a good source for parts and other materials, if used correctly.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:49 pm

Ana said, "Very well. I will go do research, and meet you again." With that, she left for a nearby Internet cafe, whereupon arriving she started by first connecting to an anonymizer, then going to the website of the terrorists themselves, then scanning police reports for whether or not they have mecha (among other things).

After that, she visited Dirt, the site that styled itself as "Your #1 resource for unconfirmed rumors and misinformation" and was basically an anonymous world-writable blog where people could post information that they want to share without exposing themselves to retribution. Perhaps it would have something...

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=zemyla>Zemyla</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/25/04 4:58 pm

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:48 pm

"I should be able to get a hold of a bike no trouble," Archie said, nodding, "Bit tricky to bring mine from home, but there are rental places around."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:28 pm

Ana's searching reveals nothing on an actual website of the terrorists. She quickly reasons that they would take pains to keep search engines and web archives from picking up on it, and to keep from actually linking the site (should one exist at all). For awhile, she plays with putting in random addresses, and gets nothing.

Checking police reports, she finds that an Inustani Mech-Ricer was recently arrested for disturbing the peace in a souped-up aluminiun alloy power suit/mecha fusion. Ana can't help but chuckle; silly wannabe mech-battlers in their tin cans. Aside from that, no reports of Mecha-based troubles.

Dirt, however, gives a couple snippets, scattered about the website

"So I was like taking with my friend, and she was all like how her BF was like on this kick about how Doma lost the war and junk and how it happened because we like suck now or something. And then she was all like how he was saying he was going to totally blow up the Congress and junk. And I'm thinking like "WTF?""

"d00d i liek totali had sum fagz0r tak abot sum fag revoolshun n douma 2 maek it liek a king r sum bs i kikd ihs azz lol"

"Okay so there was this terrorist guy I saw. He was trying to throw bricks through the mayor's windows in Chaltford and shouting about how he was elected by idiots, and when the revolution comes, they'll be the first against the wall. I knew he had to be a terrorist; normal protestors, even the really fucking retarded ones, just don't do that.

So yeah, I was watching this, then the police came. Didn't hang around for that, kinda had some of the good stuff on me, you know? Didn't want them seeing that."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:48 am

Amelia tracked down the nearest yard in her head, and figured out a route. "There's one just outside town. We can take a bus to it pretty quick. I'll head there now, wanna come?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:38 am

"Yeah, sure!" Rally said. "I'll follow you to the bus stop."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:10 am

Whilst Ana saws away at the keyboard in the internet cafe, Rally and Amelia catch a bus departing for the edge of town.

Thus Archie, Leo, and Pat are left to thier own devices. Where shall they go?

SALSAlys

Darned logouts!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:07 am

Pat nodded to Archie.

"My bike's chained near my dorm, but might just rent a bike if it's not too expensive and close by. You know any places?"

Zemyla

Re: Darned logouts!

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm

Ana, after finding out her results, decides to check on prices for renting trucks; specifically, trucks large enough to hold 6 battlesuits.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:53 pm

Ana finds a moving van for about 50 gil a day that should suffice nicely.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

I couldn't resist.

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:58 am

"I think I passed one a couple of blocks back," Archie said after a few moments' consideration, "Shouldn't be too hard to track one down, anyhow," he concluded, leading the way out into the city to begin the search. He was fairly sure their target was within easy biking distance.

Along the way, they caught the tail end of a rather strange conversation between a pair of elves. Then again, Doma had long been a hotbed of strange activities.

"You really shouldn't influence them like that, you know," the male remarked, gazing across at Sirius Cybernetics.

"I didn't, I swear," the female responded, "They came up with it all on their own."

Shinigori V2

Re: I couldn't resist.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:04 am

Amelia led the way to her familie's yard, going rather quiet along the way. She finally stopped at the gate of a rather large walled in area, and stopped to punch a quick code into a machine. "Just need to open the gate!" She declared to Rally. Soon as it was open, she lead the way in, and Rally could see the walled in area was full of junked cars, mechs, battlesuits, and other random things- Refridgerators, washing machines, and all sorts of other trash. A good bunch of it was in questionable condititon, though Amelia glanced around and nodded. "Welcome to Yard 4-B. My familes junk is your junk. ...Or it probably was at some point, anyway."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:32 pm

A motorbike could do it easily. But pedalling there would be a chore. Possible, but exhausting and time consuming.

Still, Archie's memory was accurate; there was a cycle shop fairly nearby that offered rentals in the front window.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:20 pm

With all that done, she just had one other thing she needed to do.

She contacted someone who had broken into her computer a few months back (no mean feat, with all the paranoiaware she had installed on it) and who she tracked down, and then befriended. She figured that there may be need for cracking systems in this trip, and she wanted him to be ready, if need be.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:25 pm

Rally looked with hungry eyes at all the parts. Heaven, she thought as she grinned like a good Nekonian. In her mind came a list.

Clear plastic blast shield
Power cells
Light, mountable weapons of any sort
Any covert stuff that could help in the sneakin'

She then began to seach, and well, snoop, the area for these items. And anything shiny that caught her eye...

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:28 am

Moving into the yard, Rally manages to find that alot of the junk here is just that- Junk. She does, however, manage to find something quite shiny that catches her eye- A pair of sweet chrome plated rims. "Oh, those? They came in recently, when some idiot flipped his stupid Burned up racer in town. You know, the kind that puts all that Magma, Inc. stuff into his car to make it go quicker. Too bad it went too quick for him, huh?" Chuckling, she moved on, continuing to inspect more of the junk.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:23 am

"Well, this is it," Archie said, "Problem is it'd be a bit of a ride, and we'd need to bring the bikes back afterwards. It might be better just to catch a bus to somewhere close and go from there."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:35 am

"That doesn't sound too bad to me," replied Leo, "but having our own ride may be better later on."

Shrugging, the boy began to fish around in his pockets, looking for gil for the bus fare. I wonder how the research is going...he thought, idly.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:07 pm

Pat gave a slow nod.

"Prob'ly. Easier, at least."

With that, she gave a stretch, hands over her head as she began an amble back towards the bus station.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:03 pm

Upon finding nothing IMMEDIATELY useful, Rally decided to simplify her search, looking for components or replacements for her items. As long as the thing ran quiet, she didn't care what it looked like...

Shinigori V2

Whoops ;_;

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:56 am

Rally continues to search, and turns up with various little nicknacks- Peices from an old computer, some sort of old moter, a junked car...But little else. Amelia pokes her head from behind the junked car- "Find anything?"

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 11/6/04 5:00 am

Uncle Pervy

I'll resist you!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:47 am

Pat returns to the bus stop. She'll note a schedule posted inside the shelter behind plastic.

Leo will find a one-day bus pass he obtained in his pockets.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:33 pm

Archie likewise made his way over to the bus depot, looking for a bus going in the right direction.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:35 am

Pat skimmed over the bus schedule, glancing aside at Archie's approach.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:13 am

The Bus heading to the Academy wouldn't be in for a few hours. Of course, they could jump on it early, and follow its rounds until it finally lets out at the Academy. As for the neighborhood where the terrorists are stationed, a bus will be going to it in about twenty minutes.

Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 11/7/04 6:14 am

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:09 pm

As Ana was preparing to leave, she remembered something. "Oh, right, I probably can do that here!" And so she logged back on, and, having the address of the terrorists, looked for the floor plan of the building that they were situated in (there would have to be one, for the city to approve construction, and she highly doubted that the terrorists built it themselves, for it would be too suspicious).

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:22 pm

Ana finds a floorplan with a bit of work. It seems that in its former life, the building was a housing project. Two floors high, and possessing a rather spacious basement with a boiler room.

Ana also gets a reply from her associate, finally!

TropicalFernswarthy: What?

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:38 pm

Pat's mouth split into a wide grin as she flashed a thumbs up at Archie.

"Seems we're in luck, though we'll have to wait a bit 'til the bus arrives. Only twenty minutes."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:09 pm

Archie nodded, "Not too long to wait, then," he said, settling himself in.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs