The Twelve

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Me no apologize!

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:51 am

"You got me beaten." Jemyle said, shrugging and yawning. "From the looks of that dark expanse ahead of us, it seems like we'll need it, though."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:07 pm

Fwupo nodded to Adarl. "Of course-kupo. And what I was saying Theo-kupo, is that almost every other Banjo I've ever met was a dueling one-kupo."

The moogle grinned a big grin at his truly lame joke...

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:07 pm

After everyone sighed at Fwupo, they continued down the passageway, Adarl leading.

They kept walking for the next half hour, twisting around and going through empty, dank corridors both large and small.

"Is this ever going to end. . .?" Jemyle whined, as they continued trekking through the tunnels.

Suddenly, it did.

The team of five were standing in front of an elevator, which had five glowing circles on it, forming the points of a pentagon. It was metal, and there was some sort of pulleys and gears that lifted it up the shaft.

No one else was waiting in the room, waiting to snipe them, or anything else. The setting itself was eeriley silent.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:58 pm

...perhaps it was just paranoia talking, but Adarl was uneasy.

"...it occurs to me." he began to think aloud, "While it appears we found an elevator, how do we know it was not used already?"

He glanced at the elevator, to see if anything unusual was on it. Footprints, dirt, anything.

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:02 pm

"You know," Theodarus whispered in a voice that would not carry pass the group, "Either we are extremely lucky, or some daemon horde is going to appear right about now..... Adral, you see best in this light, can you see anything suspicious?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:09 pm

"Didn't you listen to the explanation?" Jemyle said. "If this elevator was already used, we would be staring at an empty shaft. Come on, what are we waiting for?"

He stepped forward onto one of the circles, lighting it up in a flourescent glow.

"Eh?" he looked down. "Woah. . .hey, wait a minute. . .I can't move off this thing."

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:22 pm

".......... hmmm.........." Theodarus rumbled in thought, looking at a struggling Jemyle. Then in an act of either superior bravery, or extreme stupidity, he went to stand on another point in the pentagram on the lift.....

After all, trapped as he is now, he would still be able to help the team (with his "words"). Hopefully.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 10/8/04 10:23 pm

The Great Nevareh

Herm herm...

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:08 pm

"Before I even consider stepping onto one of those circles, sir Adarl, can you see any other ways out of this room? This is still much too convenient."

Zachary stands there pondering.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Re: Herm herm...

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:48 am

"I am inclined to agree Zachary, just a moment..." Adarl answered, as he gave the room another lookover. He wasn't fond of potentially being ambushed while prone either.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Herm herm...

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:41 pm

The room was simply an extension of the previous cave passageway, rounded off to a dead end where the elevator shaft stood.

The path rose upwards into darkness, but there were no small openings or creepholes along the sides, as far as Adarl could see. They seemed to be all alone.

wkz

Too much suspicion?

Unread postby wkz » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:12 pm

"You know, Adral," Theodarus spoke from the circle he's stuck in, still scribbling on a piece of paper on his notepad (from 2~3 posts back) "I'm starting to think we are jumping at shadows. How about we get this lift moving before another group comes along?"

"Just for safety" he added "Zachary can come in first, followed by Fwupo and you, Adral. That way, we will still maintain a bit of ranged fighting strength if we are surprised with half of us stuck on the platform, and you can still continue to look around for anything suspicious...."

"Oh, and this." Theodarus said as he passed the notepad to Jemyle "An agreement of frendship and team spirit. Who knows what we are going to face later, and its better to have a signed paper agreeing to our combined continued support of each other"

(Unknown to all, Theodarus uses Binding Contract (which he had never explained earlier). There are a hell lot of flowery language and boring lawyer's terms, but the gist of it is:
"The undersigned agrees to stick together and help each other for the duration of the competition, to the best of his abilities."
Theodarus has already signed his name.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 10/9/04 10:18 pm

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Too much suspicion?

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:44 pm

(OOC: This contract only applies to Theodarus? Or is it set for Jemyle towards all four people?)

Jemyle eyed the agreement. "Sheesh, pretty formal here, aren't ya?" He signed it, handing it back to Theodarus. "You better sign it too, though."

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:39 am

Adarl glanced at the piece of paper, then simply smirked at Theodarus.

"I need not sign a parchment to tell you where my loyalties lie. As I have said several times before, I will do what is in *my* best interest. At the moment, it coincides with everyone's as well, due to these odd bindings. However, should that change in the future, I cannot promise we will remain allies. This is still a competition, and we may find ourselves adversaries in the next trial."

He then stepped over to the circles, taking his own place inside one.

"I would suggest making plans for yourselves, before starting agreements you may have to break in the future." he added.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:34 pm

"Hey!!" Jemyle grabbed the paper back, trying to scratch his name out with the pen. "If he's not signing it, there's no way I'm signing it!!" he said, scribbling over his name furiously. "This is ridiculous!"

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:01 pm

(OCC: well, it applies to all the people who signed it, regardless of whether they scratched their name out. Note that Theodarus had already signed it....)

"Well, your loss." Theodarus mumbled. In a louder voice meant for those outside the lift, he said "How about we get this group moving? Sooner or later, someone's going to come along and try to snatch this lift from us."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 10/10/04 10:02 pm

The Great Nevareh

Very suspicious indeed!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:48 am

"I'm still... hesitant. Then again..."

Zachary steels himself and strides over to one of the unoccupied circles.

wkz

An Irritating Petitioner...

Unread postby wkz » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:37 am

Once Zachary is stuck onto the circle, Theodarus passed him the contract clipped onto the writing pad and a quill pen.

"Here. Sign if you want to, as a token of friendship..." Theodarus said, while looking pointedly (but not hostile/angry, just looking) at Adral.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

The Bonus Round

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:42 am

(OOC: Right, that's what I figured. So, Adarl is void from the whole contract.)

(OOC to JoshuaDurron: Sorry for pushing Fwupo on, just trying to move things along.)

Zachary and Fwupo were the final people to board the lift. As the last two circles lit up, the platform moved up from the ground with a quick jerk, then began rising upwards. They soon left the dimly-lit hallway below, and were rising upwards in pitch blackness.

". . .creepy." Jemyle's voice sounded from an invisible body.

Just as Adarl's eyes began adjusting to the stark blackness, light flooded in, and the lift stopped.

The lift had stopped in a long grey room, with a wide raised platform in the middle, which connected to the lift by a conveyor belt. There was another hole in the ceiling, which meant that the lift was not at its finishing point.

The most curious part, however, was that at the opposite end of the room, there was an entirely different group.

"FINALLY!" A man with greasy black hair shouted, tossing a cigarette from his mouth. "We've been waiting here for a half hour."

The five newcomers were curious as to what exactly was going on.

Suddenly, a strange creature appeared on the platform in the center. He had a face like a bat, with sharp ears, thin eyes, and fangs, but had a human-like body, although the flesh was a dark purple color. He stared at the new team, smiling. "Welcome. . ." he said. "To the bonus round. We can finally begin."

He flew up into the air, so that he could address both teams at the same time. "Only one lift will be exiting this place. That lift will be carrying the winning team of this special round. The other team will be sent back down, and forced to either escape or find an alternative exit."

On the wall to the team's right, a grid appeared. On it, was "LEFT - 0" and RIGHT - 0". Underneath, were five blank spaces.

"To become the winning team, you must score more points than the opposing team. There will be a total of five contests, each one pitting on person from each team towards each other. During this time, the others will not be aloud to interfere, nor move their legs from the platforms. Also, if in any of the matches, a person is killed, the murder will also be executed, rendering both teams completely dead."

Suddenly, names began appearing in the blank spaces on the panel, in a slot-like order.

"There will be 3 fighting rounds and 2 mind game rounds." The bat man said. "The order in which each of you fight will be decided randomly. I have the power of lesser mind reading. If I can stare at a person in their eyes for longer than three seconds, I can tell their gender, age, blood type, and birth name. I have already done so with the five of you."

The names suddenly appeared on the screen.

Round 1: Adarl vs. Jessika
Round 2: Jemyle vs. Roto
Round 3: Zachary vs. Kryst
Round 4: Theodarus vs. Lyle
Round 5: Fwupo vs. Grimm

"Rounds 1, 3, and 5, are fighting. 2 and 4 will be mind games."

The bat man motioned to each team member. "Please make your way to the center."

As he said so, a woman with long pink hair, holding two battleaxes, wearing a cape and shining armor, began walking towards the center.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

<--LETS GET IT ON >=[

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:50 am

Adarl started off the platform, looking over and trying to size up his opponent.

A duel-wielder... hmmm... this will prove most challenging... the half-drow thought to himself, Especially since we must not kill each other as well...

He drew his sword, smirking slightly at the pink-haired warrior.

"This should be an interesting fight, I do hope neither of us will be disappointed." he said to the woman, getting himself into a defensive stance.

JoshuaDurron

And now for some more fun...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:49 pm

(OOC: Sorry about lack of postage... I should probably have mentioned somewhere that I have a tendency not to be online over the weekends- lots of working late and busy days then. But I'll do my best to keep up.)

Fwupo shifted his weight and sat down, a little difficult given that his feet couldn't move, but still not too hard. He absently reached one hand up and said, "Theo, could I look at that paper-kupo?"

The Great Nevareh

Re: And now for some more fun...

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:16 pm

Zachary is slightly disappointed that he isn't doing any of the mind-games, since the realm of the mental is his forte. He also feels a bit slighted, since the dagger-using sneaky-person has been deemed better for a mental contest than Zachary, himself. However, little of this shows on his face, since it's all passing fancy and he has more important things to figure out.

"May I have a seat while I await my turn? I'm getting a bit hungry, and I brought some food with me. Is it all right if I eat?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:51 pm

(OOC: 'Tis okay, Joshua! Just post whenever you can. Also, guys, just because one of you is the only person truly "active" right now, doesn't meant you have to stop posting. Like Fwupo and Zachary, you can still interact with each other, talk, and even shout stuff to Adarl if the need arises. Just something to keep in mind.)

The bat man smiled down at Zachary. "No sit-ting." he said, in a very singsong voice, waving his finger. "But please feel free to eat, although I wouldn't advise you to eat too much."

With that said, he turned to Adarl and Jessika, who had made their way to the center.

Jessika stared down at Adarl, saying nothing. She had a very strong-looking face, with a jutting forehead and a long, thin nose. Her eyes were brown and deeply set into her face. She had thin lips and a blocky chin. Her hair fell every which way, on her forehead, around her ears, and down to her waist. She swung the battleaxes around as if they were nunchucks. It was truly ridiculous, actually. Although she had a toned, muscular body, it was unreal to imagine someone of her stature could wield such a weapon, let alone two of them. Something was not right here.

"You may now. . .START!" the bat man shouted, sticking his finger out.

"I come from the Aedj'nir clan, an ancient clan from the south." she suddenly spoke, swing the axes and moving forth to Adarl. "My weapons here have been blessed by our clan's high priestess, which means they have a small effect. Picked up by anyone else, these weapons will retain their normal weight, which I must tell you, is rather heavy. However. . .when picked up by an amazoness of the Aedj'nir clan. . .they are weightless."

As soon as she said the final word, she swung forward with both axes, aiming to chop off both of Adarl's arms.

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:07 pm

(OOC: currently, Adral, Fwupo and maybe Zachary is void from that contract...... because they have not signed it.)

"Woah.... Watch out..." Theodarus whispered, careful not to break the rules.

He also turned his head away, and noticed Zachary still holding onto the contract.

"Have you signed the agreement yet?" he said, "if so, Fwupo seems interested, pass it to him....."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 10/11/04 9:08 pm

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:06 pm

...this...could prove troublesome... Adarl though. Reacting as quickly as he could, to not lose his limbs, he attempts to jump back out of the way.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:08 pm

Adarl quickly moved back, feeling the axes whizz past his shoulders. She was fast. VERY fast.

"You may ask you why I let you in on my secret." she said, continuing to twirl them. "Well, it is because I do not sense bad energy from you. We are both good people, if I had met you on other circumstances, we might have become friends. That is why I want to fight you fairly."

She stopped twirling the axes and stared at Adarl. "But I don't intend to lose."

She began to spin, the axes twirling around her like a fan, and started to close in on Adarl.

"Oh, that's right." the bat man called down to Adarl, ignoring his current peril. "I forgot to tell you guys at the beginning. . .if you fall off the edge of the platform, you automatically lose. It'd be good to remember that!"

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/11/04 11:10 pm

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:13 pm

"I'm not signing ANYTHING that you write, Theo Banjo. I know you can do freaky stuff with words, and who knows what else. You wouldn't carry that notepad with you for no reason, and I already know the brush is magical RIP HER TO SHREDS ADARL! SHOW HER THE MEANINING OF PAIN! Sorry for failing to trust you, but I don't know if we're going to have to come at odds anytime soon. So, I'll just pass this along."

Zachary passes the parchment to Fwupo, and then reaches into his coat and starts fiddling around with a small container. He pulls some crackers out of the container and produces a thermos. From elsewhere on his person he gets some deli meat, cream cheese, and a small spreading knife. Since he can't sit, he has to put stuff on the ground and bend over to put things down and pick things up.

"Hey, anybody want a cracker? Or maybe a slice of corned beef? Fwupo? Theo? Jemyle?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:17 pm

Jemyle eyed Zachary oddly, then shrugged and outstretched his hand. "Sure, I wouldn't mind some beef." he said. "But geez, have you really been carrying it all around with you this entire time? It hasn't gone bad, has it?"

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:20 pm

...just great... he thought to himself, as he watched the warrior approaching. He did have to admit to himself, under better circumstances, she would be right. But that was irrelevant right now. He need to fight back, but in such a way as not to kill her.

...striking her with the blade would be far too risky... but if I were to use the flat of it...

Adarl adjusted his grip on the blade, turning it slightly in his hands. He then raised it, looking for an opening in which to strike with the flat of his sword.

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:21 pm

"Maybe its a mistake to fully explain my (two other) powers...." Theodarus mumbled to himself as he watched his notepad switch hands... "Ah well"

And in the interest of team spirit, he followed Zachary's example and cheered for Adral..... who's situation is not exactly looking good right about then.....

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:29 pm

Jessika spun forward like a top. Her axes swirled around her like razor-sharp flower petals. As of now, she was about three steps away from Adarl, and closing in.

The axes themselves were each about an arm's length. Combined with Jessika's outstretched arms, even if Adarl swung, the axes were longer than his sword, and would slice his arm off before he knew what was coming.

Her spinning was not impeccable, however. As he zoned in on her motions, he was able to time every single moment when she turned her shoulders and brought the axes with her.

They were bluntlined, the blades horizontal. The width of each blade was around a foot. They were carved out of what looked like ancient stone, and had probably se a lot of carnage in their time.

There was a small chance. . .

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:47 am

Fwupo held out one paw, holding the contract with another. "It makes quite a lot of sense-kupo, what you say Zachary-kupo. And - OHMYGODDUCKADARL-KUPO! And I would like some corned beef-kupo."

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:12 am

His options seemed limited.

Risk striking when she momentarily lost her momentum, and possibly lose his arms in the process.

Or continue to dodge, despite the fact she may have more stamina.

There must be another option, something about her current technique that had a flaw...

...then he found it. At least, he thought he did.

...while she is so busy spinning... and focusing on keeping her arms out straight... she cannot protect the lower part of her body. Adarl thought, a slight smirk spreading on his lips, ...still, I must time this carefully, or still risk injury...

Adarl resheaths the bastard sword, then without warning drops himself to the floor. He rolls toward the warrior woman, trying to deliver a swift kick into her legs from the ground.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:41 pm

Adarl inched closer to Jessika as the axes spun furiously, just inches above him.

When he was close enough, he darted his foot out quickly. It smashed her left foot, and when she put her right foot around to stay balanced, Adarl's foot was stuck in between like a stick in a bike spoke. There was a gasp of surprise, and she fell to the ground.

The axes went flying, and fell a few inches away. They smashed into the tiles as they dropped to the ground, sending a spray of tile everywhere.

Jessika lay on the ground, coughing. Apparently the wind had been knocked out of her.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:11 pm

Wasting no time, Adarl got up as fast as he could, drawing his weapon and placing it uncomfortably close to her neck.

"Do not move... and should you think of striking me, my sword is heavy enough to sever your head should I drop it. I suggest you yield."

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:24 pm

"Whooo! Go Adarl! GOO ADARL! Nah, it's fresh. A few friends of mine designed some goodies that keeps stuff from going bad. I'm a little unclear on the mechanics, but it's rather nifty. Here ya go. YIELD! YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T WIN! ADARL! ADARL!"

In between spiels, he hands out some of the (alarmingly fresh) deli meat to his partners.

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:09 pm

Theodarus looked as warily at the piece of food as Adral, Zachary and Fwupo combined had with the contract. "Who knows what had been put into this....." he thought.

His stomach thought otherwise, quite loudly. After a moment's hesitation, body won over mind, and Theodarus chowed down on the deli meat.

"Jemyle, get ready. I believe you are up next" Theodarus mumbled through the food, looking at the obvious victory of his teammate down below.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:51 am

"Go ahead, I dare you." Jessika looked up towards Adarl, her eyes wild and dire. "You and your teammates will die as well. You heard what that man said."

She moved her neck towards the blade of Adarl's sword, causing a small bead of blood to appear and slowly creep down her neck. "I would rather die than live on without my honor."

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:42 am

"...and allowing your four teammates to die with you is honorable as well? I sincerely doubt that." Adarl answers, not moving his sword, "One of us must yield, death for either of us means death for both of us, and our comrades. You realize, I could have simply removed both your legs instead. I would be the victor by default, and leave you very much alive. But, that is no life for a warrior such as yourself."

He looks right in her eyes, his own narrowing.

"So tell me, which of us is truly being honorable?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:06 pm

"Thanks-kupo" Fwupo said with a grin. "HEY ADARL-KUPO, THREATEN TO SLICE HER TOP OFF-KUPO. SHE'LL CAVE IN-KUPO!"

The moogle chuckled to himself, confident that his drow friend would ignore his advice. Then he took the piece of corned beef he had been given and wrapped it in the sheet of paper in his other hand. He then proceeded to stuff the entire package into his mouth, chomp on it a few times to reduce it into little pieces, and swallow.

"There-kupo. From the sound of it-kupo, your abilities can do some strange things-kupo. If we're being hindered by you magic-kupo, we can't fight right-kupo! Besides-kupo," the moogle said with a grin, "free and easy is the way to go-kupo."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:06 pm

Jessika stared up at Adarl, her eyes pinpointed on his. ". . .maybe it is right. . .for me to lose."

**FLASHBACK**

Jessika stood in the cave with the other four teammates around her. As they were talking, she began to walk off into a corner, sitting down and closing her eyes to meditate.

A few moments later, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up, to see a man with greasy black hair, in a green and black suit, holding a long poolstick.

"Hey. . ." he said, moving his hand up to her face, caressing it. "You look pretty lonely."

". . ." she said nothing.

He moved closer to her, and placed his other hand upon her.

In a flash, she pulled a small knife from behind her, and placed it upon her neck. "You go any further, and I will definitely kill myself."

He looked at her, his eyes wide in surprise. "I. . .wasn't doing anything. . ." he said, backing up. "Just put it down. It was nothing."

She waited until he had completely left her sight, and then sat back down once again, exhausted and afraid.

** END FLASHBACK **

She looked up to Adarl now, her eyes looking much more painful and weary than before.

"I. . .I lose." she stood up, picked up her axes, and swiftly jumped off of the platform.

"And. . .the winner of the first round is Adarl!" the bat man said, and the "00" under Right Team changed to a "01".

"The next match will start momentarily." the bat man smiled, looking at both teams.

Jessika made her way back to her team. As she stepped back onto the platform, the tall man with greasy hair gave her a swift punch in her jaw. She reeled backwards and crouched on the ground, rubbing it. Her face was invisible to Adarl at the moment, but it didn't matter. Those hopeless, dire eyes of hers would forever be etched into his mind.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs