The Twelve

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Re: To the Third Floor, Finally?

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:40 pm

As Adarl looked to the rubble, then the door, then back to the rubble again, the logical answer to this seemed clear. The hell with some random stranger he barely knew, and get his ass the hell out of there.

...and yet...

There was a part of the half-drow that was hesitant. Despite the man's irritating insistance for help, he had not interfered with Adarl at all thus far. Were he to just leave him here, he was certain that feelings of doubt would soon come to mind.

...that, and if the man proved treacherous, better to find out now and be at peace about it.

So the half-drow heads over, looking down at his injured former comrade.

"I will warn you now... if you get in my way, my wraith will be far worse than you can imagine." Adarl tells him, as he braces himself to try and move the stone aside.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Treachery

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:10 pm

"I wouldn't worry about that." Jemyle said, as Adarl bent down and began moving the stone.

Jemyle casually reached up to grab Adarl's arm for help, as a child would to a mother coming down to save him from a fall.

And then, suddenly, Adarl couldn't move.

". . .it's an ability I can only use once a month." Jemyle said. "It paralyzes the entire body of whomever I decide to use it on. I've managed to get far without it, and I figured I'd wait until the end and snag some sucker and just take all his badges, rather than doing it one by one."

By now, Jemyle had swiftly knocked the surprisingly light boulder off himself, and was behind Adarl in an instant.

"Here we go. . ." he said, sliding his hands into Adarl's pockets, searching for the badges. "Don't worry, I won't kill you. I don't like that kind of bloodshed. But don't expect to move anytime soon. Sorry, but there's no way around it unless you can kill me. . .which you don't seem able to do at this point."

As much as Adarl tried to move, it was impossible. Paralysis racked his body, a feeling he had never felt in his entire life. He couldn't move his eyes or hands. Only his automatic bodily functions, such as breathing and blood, continued to go on.

"This should do it." Jemyle grinned, finally removing the three badges from Adarl's person. "Man, good thing I got on a team of a bunch of idiots like you guys. I dunno what I would have done if I hadn't met some wishy-washy guy like your--"

Suddenly, there was the sound of a blade slicing through flesh. Adarl could feel the wet splatter of blood across his back, just barely sprinkling the nape of his neck, and he was unsure as whether it was his own, or someone else's.

He heard a wet smash, as someone's body fell to the ground. And he heard the small clatter of the badges falling with it. Then...

Footsteps.

Walking down the hallway. . .slowly. . .nonchalantly. . .

Adarl began to slowly regain control of his body, starting from his head. He moved his eyeballs sideways, and then he saw the figure who had apparently killed his assailant.

The man stopped walking, and turned his head a bit backwards, his eyes once again coming to meet Adarl's. There was no strange expression on his face, not one of guilt, sadness, or fatigue. If anything. . .it was more of contentness, the way a dog's face looks as it lays in a grassy field, with bright sunlight shining across its fur. It was not a face of human emotion. There was something more underneath, something undescribable.

"Hello, Adarl." Saffron finally spoke.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/9/04 21:21

The Great Nevareh

Re: Treachery

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:54 pm

"Was I yelling? Grab badges."

Zachary sort of makes his way over to Bruce's corpse and rifles through it, trying to find badges for his own salvation.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

OHNOES DRAMA? =O

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:44 am

Stupid.

Stupid stupid stupid f#$king idiot.

All he'd work for, all gone in an instant, because he didn't rely on his experience. All gone because he decided to listen to sympathy. Even if he wasn't killed on sight, he had little hope of aquiring five badges. This was it.. it was all over now. He felt the splatter of something wet, assuming it to be his own blood dripping down his back, awaiting the inevitable pain of severed flesh.

...only it never came, and he soon heard the thud of a body behind him into the floor. As he felt some control come back, he soon realized that Jemyle was no more. It was when he could finally turn his eyes to look, that he realized who had killed the man.

Adarl didn't know how to react, so many conflicting thoughts were in his mind once more he could not think rationally. Were more of his 'friends' waiting to strike? Why did he help him again? Why did his face look so odd? Why was he not striking him in the face for putting him through all this? Why wasn't he running over and embracing him in his arms again? Why did none of this make any goddamn sense?

Without reason to guide him, he fell back on his instincts. Taking a step back, he keeps a hand ready for his blade. He never taking his eyes from the other swordsman's, his own face a mixture of pain, confusion, and anger. So many unanswered questions, and doubts, he didn't know where to begin.

"...why? Why have you tried to keep me alive? What are you trying to do?!" Adarl yells back to him.

wkz

A loan of a badge, or two...

Unread postby wkz » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:00 am

"And Zachary, if you have any extra from him, could you pass us 2 of them?" Theodarus spoke up softly, solemnly. "We'll need them to pass this round..."

The Great Nevareh

Re: A loan of a badge, or two...

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:42 am

"I need five, since I'm not willing to touch my armor right now to find the other two I had that might have melted. If I have any extras after that, sure."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Image or Real

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:07 am

"Don't get your panties in a bunch." Rall said, procuring a stack of eight badges from his pocket. "I've got 'em all here already. There's eight, so you can each have as much as you need."

He tossed two over to Theodarus, and then five over to Zachary, rolling his eyes at the Runic Knight. "That leaves one for you, right, Negi? Is that all you need?"

Negi nodded solemnly. "Yes. . .although I doubt I'll be any use in the tournament." he said slowly, not looking for pity, but simply saying the line as if he was reading from a script - and acting rather badly. "But thanks."

Rall handed the last badge to Negi. "Right, so everyone's happy. Can we FINALLY get out of this god-forsaken kettle and finish this damn round?"

Saffron's face then seemed to "break in", a smile appearing over his dreamlike expression. He motioned towarsd the half-drow, and Adarl once again backed up.

"Why did I save you?" he cocked his head sideways, looking a bit hurt. "Dear Adarl, why would I NOT save you? If you thought I was going to let you be killed by the likes of that PITIFUL man lying in a pool of blood right now. . .you much more naive that I anticipated."

Saffron stared into Adarl's eyes some more, and Adarl came to see the same expression he had seen when he had first met the swordsman, in the first preliminary round. But. . .which face was real?

"I'm not done with you yet, Adarl." he smiled. "I told you we would have our final epic fight in the tournament. You couldn't have forgotten that already." he was speaking curtly, as a mother would to a son. "Come on now, you have to have regained control of your body by now. No paralysis is THAT harmful. Pick up your badges, and let's cross the finish line together." he beckoned, turning around to look at the golden gates, and then back at Adarl. "Are there any problems?"

The Great Nevareh

Re: Image or Real

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:36 pm

"Sounds like a plan."

Zachary thus hoards five badges for himself and tries to stand up straight. He can come get his armor later. And maybe there's a tailor or something who can make him some new clothes.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Postaga*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:47 pm

Adarl stared back for a moment, at a loss for words, for a moment. Something was... he could not really explain it. The face he saw now, and the face he saw the evening before, were very different. There was still something Saffron was keeping from him. And after this latest betrayal, the half-drow had enough.

"...if you wish me to trust you, then you need to prove it, by fulfilling your promise to me."

Adarl takes a step or two forward, still in a cautios stance.

"...why are you here?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: *Postaga*

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:50 pm

(OOC: Waiting for wkz...)

Saffron looked at Adarl, listening to his question, and then smiled at ease. "Why, to claim the prize, of course."

His smile never faltered, and continued to stand tall, his silver armor glinting off the light in the hallway. His blue eyes pierced Adarl's own. "Whatever did you think?"

wkz

Re: *Postaga*

Unread postby wkz » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:44 pm

(opps yet again)

"Lets just get out of here..." Theodarus said, looking out of the room at where two zodiacs had died. Anybody could probably feel the air getting sad around the negotiator...

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Third Floor

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:45 am

"Fine with me then." Rall said. "Lead the way, Negi."

"Before Riley and Fwupo escaped," Negi began, moving towards the door next to the medical room. "they were nice enough to point out a staircase this way that leads to the third floor."

The four made their way into a small cubicle, which had a large jarring opening upwards, with big stone steps that seemed to have fallen outwards, as if it was an emergency exit.

Rall went first, looking upwards, for any potential ambushes, but found none. Negi was next, followed by Zachary, and finally Theodarus.

The four made their way down a slim, dark hallway, with a dimly-lit door at the end.

Rall opened his head and peeked out. Zachary and Theodarus couldn't see much, but they got the idea that there was a well-sized hallway on the other side, with some golden doors to their immediate left.

"There's two people that seem to be arguing down the hall, with a corpse nearby." Rall said, ducking his head back in. "Apparently. . .the doors to our immediate left lead to the exit." He tipped a nod to the three following him. "Well, tootles, you guys can do whatever you want from here." and with that, he dashed out into the passageway and slipped through the golden doors to the exit.

Negi turned to Nevareh and Theodarus. "Well, shall we?" he said, and began to made his way out of the hallway, hanging a left and entering the final doorway to the tournament hall.

The Great Nevareh

Re: Third Floor

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:25 pm

Zachary follows, regaining some of his connection with the world. If he's lucky, he might even get some sleep before he has to fight again! That would be a blast.

wkz

Re: Third Floor

Unread postby wkz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:51 pm

While Theodarus was equally eager, with different reasons: he just want to get the hell out of the place. It had too many memories he rather not keep....

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

The End of the Exhibition Round (1)

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:28 am

Zachary and Theodarus followed Negi into the huge passageway, where they quickly ducked through the large golden doors, opened just enough to fit a single human body at a time.

If either of the two bounty hunters had glanced behind them, they would have noticed two people down the hallway, and one on the ground. Two were acquantainces, namely, Jemyle, and Adarl, who was still standing.

In any case, the three made their way through the doors, and were surprised to find themselves in another white room.

Standing in front of the only exit was the small mage they had seen earlier, Momo, currently floating in mid-air on his crystal ball.

He looked at the three. "Well?" he asked. "Have you each claimed 5 badges?"

Negi held his out to Momo. The mage absorbed the badges back into his body. "Good to go." he said.

"The tournament will start in a bit. Meanwhile, you can get rest in one of the eight rooms we have -- four people to a room. It doesn't matter which room you enter, but if there is more than four people, one person will be missing a bed, as well as the foodstuffs we have provided."

Momo collected the remaining badges from Zachary and Theodarus, sending them on their way.

They went down the small exit, and were immediately surrounded by a new environment, made out of maroon bricks -- the floor, the ceiling, the walls. It wrapped around in a circular hallway, with doors far apart lining the outside.

A few people were seen walking both ways down the hallway, and did not seem malicious. Although Zachary and Theodarus could guess that there was some sort of "safety rules" instilled in this haven, it was still important to be on guard, especially with the newfound notoriety they had instilled on themselves.

There was an iron storm door directly in front of them. "I can only guess that leads to the tournament arena." Negi said, trying to jerk open the iron claws, but they wouldn't budge. He shrugged. "Do you two have any others you want to meet up with? Personally, I want to talk to Kamome, so you can come with me or be on your seperate ways, either way is fine with me."

The Great Nevareh

Re: The End of the Exhibition Round (1)

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:00 pm

"I feel awful, my clothes are burnt to crisps, and my armor is gone. So, I'm going to find a doctor, a tailor, and an armorer."

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Re: The End of the Exhibition Round (1)

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:33 pm

The half-drow's gaze hardened, sending an obvious signal he was not pleased with the answer. As much as he had feelings for the man, said feelings were being supressed by his fustration, due to the unending lies and deception.

"That is not what I meant, and you know it. Despite my lapses in judgement of late... do not speak to me as if I am a complete fool. I had come across not one, not two, but three of your comrades, all intent on killing me. To go through all this trouble, simply for a tournament prize, must mean it is for something huge. So I will only ask you once more."

Adarl waited a moment, doubt creeping in. He remembered the gentler expression from before, one that made him certain Saffron felt something for him. He wanted to believe that, wanted to think there was some way to be certain. A way to know he could trust the swordsman.

But he couldn't. Not after all this. Not after nearly losing his life so many times. He had to know what was going on. Even if it meant fighting him. So he took a deep breath, and chose to lay all his cards out on the table. He needed to know, here and now, if he would get his answers. Could he trust Saffron, or would he need to defend himself again.

"...what do the Dark Zodiacs want out of the tournament?" Adarl asks, waiting for his reaction.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

The Proposal

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:56 pm

As Saffron finished his question, he could see a small flicker of something rush across Saffron's eyes. It was only for half a second, maybe even less, but it was there. For that moment, he had skinned the man down to the surface of his being, and had taken a peek of what was underneath. The look on the man's face had been of a sort of crazed determination, but, it was all gone too soon to tell for sure.

Saffron smiled at Adarl. "You did well, defeating Lamotte." he said. "I knew you'd do well, though. Otherwise I wouldn't have sicced him on you. But I needed someone to get him out of the way. . .he, as well as a few others. They didn't fit into our plans."

Saffron smiled no longer, looking at Adarl with a blank expression that seemed to emit nothing. "I am Saffron Blackthorne, the 2nd member of the Dark Zodiacs." he said. "You probably had most of that figured out already. As for what we want out of the tournament. .." his eyes flickered again. ". . .is the power to remake the world. The item at the end of this tournament, as you very well know, can open the door to the Space-Time Continuum. And all that is inside it. . .the core of the universe, the end of life. We don't even know what else we will find in there, and that is the best part. Whatever it is, it will be all for our taking."

Saffron seemed to be lost in his monologue, and held out a hand to Adarl. "Lamotte's dead." he said. "You killed him. By the laws of our brotherhood, this gives you the right to become the new 10th member of the Dark Zodiacs." Saffron's smile returned. "The emotions I had for you before were no lies. You should know that as well as I do. So come with me. Since I noticed you at first, I knew there was something special about you. I wanted you. And now. . .I seem to have you. Right in the palm of my hands, Adarl."

He opened his fist, waiting to recieve Adarl's own. "Join me."

wkz

Wait-a...Does this mean Theo & Zach will get the same?

Unread postby wkz » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:03 pm

"I think I'll look for you Negi," Theodarus drawled, his words stretched as if he was tired of the entire world, and didn't care for it... "Right after I get measured for some new clothes... and have my cuts looked at... and some ointment for the burns... If you could wait a while..."

With that, Theodarus followed Zachary to wherever it is he was going, using the scholar as a guide as he withdrew back into himself...

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 12/14/04 21:05

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Averyl & Theodarus V ~Echoes~

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:33 am

"No problem." Negi said. "Now that you mention it, although you guys did a great job back there in the midst of chaos, I should really make sure all my wounds are healing properly." he said. "I might as well follow you two, then."

And with that, Zachary began leading the group down the hallway, followed by Theodarus and finally Negi.

As the three curved their way down the hallway, a tall figure wearing a black coat, whom Theodarus and Negi recognized all too well, came walking towards them.

As he came into sight, the three could see that his face bore a particularly listless expression, as if he was excruciatingly bored. As his eyes ran over the three newcomers, however, and he hit Theodarus in the center, his face suddenly exploded with emotion. His eyes popped out of his head, and his mouth curved widely, in some sort of demented euphoria.

He did not approach Theodarus personally, in fact, he stopped moving entirely. He simply stared at Theodarus like a pervert through a bedroom window, the smile never leaving his face.

"You. . ." he smoothly whispered.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Re: The Proposal

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:47 pm

It seemed some of his questions had finally been answered, as he looked back at the man. Some of this had been a test by the other swordsman, as Adarl suspected. And his group seemed intent on claiming the prize, by any means necessary. It was something he could not fault them for, after all the strange combatants he came across trying to end his existance. He had to admit to himself, the offer was very tempting. Especially as Saffron was the one making it. However...

Some of Saffron's "cohorts" disturbed him, especially Lamotte, the man-made demon. Then there was Winslow, who seemed overly eager to shed blood. He wondered what kind of an organization they were, to have such people within their ranks. Especially what their goals could be. And more importantly...

The swordsman admitting to using him, and to kill another man no less, disturbed him as well. He wasn't completely sure, but something was... not right about Saffron. He had suspected something for awhile, especially with the look the man was giving him now. This was not the man he travelled with the other afternoon, or the man he was with that very evening. He was like a completely different person right now. And he was not sure he liked what he saw.

If Saffron expected him to join them, he would have to expect him to have doubts, and questions. He was certainly not about to throw himself into something like this, not after all he'd seen thus far.

"...it is very tempting, even without some... biased... reasons for it."

He walked up to the swordsman slowly as he spoke, finally lowering his hand from the hilt of his blade.

"But as you implied yourself, I am not one to make such a decision in haste. There is something I must know before I can consider this."

Soon they were mere steps from one another, the half-drow reaching out and holding the swordsman's shoulder.

"Why do you seek this power? What is it you hope to remake the world into?"

wkz

Re: The Proposal

Unread postby wkz » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:02 am

Theodarus was barely noticing his surroundings. His wound on the shoulder, although painfully reminding him with every step, might as well belong to another person with the way he felt it. The man was just plain empty and unresponsive, a shell of his formal self, struggling in the deep recesses of his soul on a memory of a trategy, a problem he solved but also did not, an agony he should face but could not...

Blank to the world as he is, he barely noticed Averyl's sickeningly disturbing smile, even when the moment stratched beyond a moment. He only glanced at the dangerous person who had almost killed him before, seeing him but not adknowledging his presence, then returned to his inner torment...

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Saffron's Ambition

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:52 am

Saffron brushed a lock of blonde hair out of his eyes, and smiled at Adarl. "You and your question. . ." he sighed. "Well, there's nothing I can do. I'll have to answer it.

"The man I work for has his own ideas. . .but that is a different story altogether. Personally, I have my own plans. The world as it is now is dirty -- completely lacking the honor and valor of the days of old. Once we have attained the power of Space and Time, and truly assessed ourselves as the most powerful beings in existence. . .I want to restore the feeling of chivalry to the world. One man fighting another for his own honor, life, and blood. None of this dirty assassination stuff. It will be kingdom vs. kingdom, army vs. army, the strong commanding the weak, and the weak commanding the weaker. We will return to basic life, and. . ."

He put a hand on Adarl's shoulder, pulling him close. "We could own the world together, Adarl." His eyes seemed to be on fire, ignited by his emotions inside. "You and I, each in charge of our own massive armies, crushing those who stand in or way or who choose to speak out against us. It will be a beautiful world."

Averyl stared at Theodarus a bit longer, smiled wider, and then continued down the hallway. Negi made sure to give him a glare the entire time, but Averyl's gaze did not avert even for a second.

"Are you alright?" Negi said, noticing Theodarus's murky aura. "That guy didn't shake you up too bad, did he? Don't worry. . .unless he is a complete idiot, he won't attack us now. That would cause a lot of trouble. Just hope you don't run into him in the finals."

They continued a bit more, until they had made a good 180-turn around the circular tunnel. A door up north had a red cross on it, and Negi shoved open the doors, to reveal a wide room, filled with beds, medical equipment, and the doctor that Zachary had met earlier.

He was currently attending to a patient. The 'woman' that Theodarus had met earlier down below was also here, pushing a tray of needles over to a wounded man in a bed.

"Hello." the doctor turned his head to stare at the three, standing up and walking towards them. "Do you need help?"

Negi turned to Zachary and Theodarus. "So, who wants to go first?"

The Great Nevareh

Re: Saffron's Ambition

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:23 pm

"Well, I only have a few burns and contusions, so I'd be quick. I'm also not too serious, and much of what's wrong with me could be cured by rest."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Zachary

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:27 pm

"Sounds good." Negi nodded, and Zachary stepped over to a cot.

The doctor soon came over to him, looking his battle-weary body over. "Wow, didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with matches?" he smiled, looking at the Runic Knight. "We'll be able to fix this, don't worry."

Over all the burned parts of his body, the doctor carefully wrapped some healing pads. For other normally wounded parts and bruises, the doctor applied healing salve. The whole deal was done in a surprisingly fast 20 minutes.

"That about does it." the doctor says. "I advise you get some serious rest, if you wish to compete in the rest of the tournament."

He turned to face Negi and Theodarus. "Next?"

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

And now I *FINALLY* say why he's in the tournament =O

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:06 am

Adarl just stared back at Saffron a moment, closing his eyes and remaining silent for a moment. Then he opened them, his expression blank as he looked back at the man.

"You wish to command armies, and dominate the world? And force your way onto others, giving them no say in the matter?"

As the half-drow spoke, it became clear to Saffron the man's gaze was becoming much harder, and angry.

"There is a man like that I know of, right now as a matter of fact. A drow, who believes his kind are superior to all other races. So much so, that many years ago, he was willing to overrun a small farming village of humans. They posed no threat to him, and carried little in the way of arms. Yet his men descended upon their town, killing nearly all the able-bodied young men and farmers. They only left a few of the young children and women alive. Not much of a true show of strength, I'm sure you'd agree."

Adarl stopped to collect himself a moment, his gaze becoming harder as he continued.

"But that was not enough for the man. Not at all. He still had 'needs' he wished fulfilled, as they planned and strategized their next move. And despite his claims of superiority, he was more than willing to use a lowly human to satisfy those needs. No amount of protest, or yelling, or self-defense could stop the man from u..."

Adarl stops a moment again, grimacing and wincing his eyes before he can continue.

"...using... her... for his needs. When he was finally forced to withdraw out of the village, this woman thought her nightmarish ordeal would finally be over. But it was not to be, for the drow had left his seed in her, to grow and develop."

Adarl takes a step back, holding out his palms at his sides, as if to present himself.

"...And you are looking upon the result of that, right before you."

He seems to give Saffron a moment to react, then continues before waiting for a response.

"It's quite... unsettling... I suppose that is the best way I can think of to describe it. To grow up, knowing the ones responsible for your birth held no love for one another. Knowing that every time your mother looked at you, you were a constant reminder of the horror she had to endure. To know you're a constant reminder to the slain villager's families of what they lost, and the one responsible. To grow up being hated for what you are, something completely out of my control. I suppose it is why I find it so hard to be compassionate at times, especially with humans."

Adarl closes his eyes again a moment to think, then continues once more.

"But despite all this...she taught me something very important, as I was growing up. Even without the strength or skills to carry a weapon, she is far stronger than I could EVER hope to be. Even when she cried herself to sleep sometimes, she never looked upon me with hatred, or disgust, or sorrow. Even thought I was a reminder of the hell she went though, she always felt I was a great blessing in her life. And I always knew, no matter what the villagers thought of me, that she loved me, and I was a source of great joy in her life."

Adarl takes a few steps forward, practically nose to nose with the swordsman as he glares.

"I would rather be like her, than EVER be like that son of bitch who shares my blood. She showed me that strength is not simply physical prowess alone, but all aspects of a person rolled together. I have met mages barely able to lift a finger, but so full of magical talent I could not hope to best them. I have come across individual lacking any combat skill whatsoever, but incredibly knowledgeable about a topic, in ways that I could never hope to understand them, even if I spent a lifetime trying. There is no one way to judge a person's strength."

The half-drow stops again, clenching a fist tight as he closes his eyes for a moment. Then he opens his eyes, his expression softened from anger to what seemed a mix of regret, and pity.

"You said a long time ago, that I seemed like someone who appreciated strength, like yourself. You were somewhat right. And I suppose that is part of what drew me to you, and why I wanted to help you so badly when we were together. But it seems we are not as alike as you wanted to believe. Or I wanted to believe either."

He stops and closes his eyes again, finally opening them with a pained expression in his eyes.

"I do not wish the prize of this tournament, or desire control over the people of our world. I had hoped such a competition would draw my father out. It seems thus far, that was not the case. But when I do find him... I will prove my point to him with my own strength, when the times comes. And I will continue to do so, no matter what I face in my life. If you truly believe you can do good for the world by winning the tournament, then I wish you the best. But if our paths should cross, and we are on opposing sides once more, then I suppose.... we will have to settle who is correct about strength. That is my answer to you."

Adarl brings himself close to the swordsman, wrapping his arms around the man. He leans close, placing a long kiss to the man's lips, before pulling away, a look of sadness in his green eyes.

"....goodbye Saffron."

He places one more brief kiss to his lips before pulling away, turning around and starting down the corridor toward the doors.

...perhaps... I was never meant to have someone.... he thinks to himself.

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 12/19/04 1:10

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

The End of the Exhibition Round (2)

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:08 am

Saffron made no move to follow Adarl, and simply stared at him, his face neither surprised nor dissapointed. The only thing were his eyes, which seemed to be drilling through Adarl's body.

"If this is the way you want it, then so be it." he spoke, staring at the back of Adarl's head with fierce eyes. "Just do know that this is not the end."

He finally moved past Adarl, quickly making his way down the passageway, to the golden doors to the end. "I am not finished with you. It will do you well to remember that." He turned around one last time, and then dissapeared into the golden doors.

Adarl soon followed, eager to get finished with this whole mess. He handed his badges to Momo, who recollected them inside the mage's small body. "You can take residence in any one of the eight rooms you wish." he said jovially. "Just make sure that there aren't four people in there already, or you'll be without food or a bed. Incidentally, you're the 32nd person we've admitted. That's it."

Momo raised his hand and slowly curled it into a fist. The golden doors shut tight with a small puff of air. "Make sure to get some rest before the final round starts."

Ahead of Adarl was a circular, brick passageway. Straight in front of him were large iron gates, which he guessed could only lead to the tournament grounds. The passageway continued to wind around in both directions, with blue doors spaced out evenly around the outer walls. A few people he didn't recognize were walking around, but other than that, it was unnervingly quiet.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Re: The End of the Exhibition Round (2)

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:39 am

The half-drow had no desire to socialize or look around at the moment, going to find a free room to spend the night. There was a lot on his mind he needed to think about.

The Great Nevareh

Re: The End of the Exhibition Round (2)

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:49 pm

"I do have a question, actually. Do you know of any tailors or armorers that I can find? My clothes are a bit the worse for wear from having caught on fire, and my armor kind of melted together."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Solace

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:24 pm

Adarl entered the closest door he could find, which only one other person, who he recognized immediately.

Kamome stood next to his bed, in the far right corner, sifting through his brown rucksack. He still had the green-brown tunic and scarf as before, but he seemed to have "added" a few things to his wardrobe -- namely, white blood-soaked bandages that ran from his wrists all the way up to his shoulders. His bow and sliver also lay on the bed.

As soon as Adarl came in, his head swerved quickly towards the entrance, but the expression on his face was more of relief.

"Oh, good. . ." he said. "It's you. I was afraid I was going to have to chase someone out of here. Please make yourself at home."

"Hmm. . ." the doctor stroked his blonde stubble thoughtfully, and he looked back at Zachary, clad in his singed underclothes. "Yes, you are in a jam indeed. . ." A smile began to creep onto his lips. "However. . .I think there is a solution."

He quickly motioned for the woman to come over, and she helped Zachary off the cot and took him into a dark back room.

She pulled a hanging rope that switched on a large light, and Zachary took in his new surroundings.

He was standing in a large closet/warehouse, with wooden shelves that raised high above his head. On the shelves were cardboard boxes filled with armor, helmets, even weapons, just mismatched and strewn around the room randomly.

"These are all the weapons we've taken so far, from previous tournaments, as well as the first few rounds of this one." she waved her hands around at the junk surrounding them. "It would take too long for you to look individually at all of these, but us staff members know the order in which everything is stored. I'll allow you to have one extra armor piece for everything you lost. So if you wouldn't mind, please tell me what you are missing, and what sort of thing you would like to recieve in its place."

wkz

Re: Solace

Unread postby wkz » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:49 pm

As for Theodarus, he sat at the vacant seat left by Zachary, and with a dull monotone explained his injuries to the doctor....

**after the healing**

"Also, do you know of a tailor?" Theodarus asked the doctor, while picking at the bandages at his shoulders and arms. The alcohol sure stung.. much, but it had the useful effect of bringing him back into the real world.

"Oh, and Negi, its your turn at the doc. I'll wait for you..."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 12/19/04 22:52

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:04 am

Negi made his way up to the doctor.

"Hmm. . ." the doctor said, eyeing him. "Looks like you got lucky. . .you're mostly done with all the medical help you need. Well, sit down and let's get going."

The doctor then turned to Theodarus. "You can go the same way your other friend went, and we'll supply you with what you need."

Theodarus moved over to the blue door that Zachary had gone in, to see Zachary and the nurse speaking.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:17 am

...so he survived as well... he thinks to himself briefly, as he walks over and plops himself down on an empty bed.

"...I suppose I should ask, why you came to my aid." Adarl says to the injured man.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

The Speed Phantom II

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:40 pm

Kamome turned around, removing his neon green goggles, to reveal two dark, void-like eyes.

He stared at Adarl for a moment. "Don't take it personally. . .because I'm not one to get involved in deep emotional ties with people. I just wasn't about to let a Dark Zodiac kill another on my watch. However. . ." he looked dismally down at his bandaged arms. "It seems as if I underestimated them. If I had been running at full speed, I would have been able to lose Victoria. But I wasn't, I was simply planning to drag her away, and draw her into my trap. She caught up to me with no trouble at all, and eventually I had to really run for my life after that."

He sighed, and sat down on his bed, still looking at Adarl. "What about you? If I remember correctly, another man seemed to drag you away. He was a Zodiac, wasn't he? Did you slay him?"

The Great Nevareh

Re: The Speed Phantom II

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:56 pm

"Well, my heat/cold/water/electricity resistant coat got burnt to cinders, my vambraces kind of melted together, I could use some pants and some boots, my gloves are but a memory, and my leg-greaves got too hot to handle. So, I could use some full-leg greaves, a coat, some gauntlets or full-arm vambraces, some pants, some boots, some gloves... and, actually, I could use some ammunition for some pistols that I won off of an opponent here (or do those pistols belong to you guys, now?) and a circlet to hold my hair in place. I've got a whip I can trade, though that probably already belongs to you guys as well... Hmm... I just got an idea! Do you have any grimoires? I'll pay, of course. I found that the magic I brought with me is frequently inadequate, and I can use spellbooks. Or is that cheating? Anyway, thanks for your help in advance."

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Re: The Speed Phantom II

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:23 pm

"That... 'man' is no more, yes." Adarl answers, carefully placing his sword on the floor at his feet, "He was far more than he let on as well. It seems to be a recurring theme with their group."

As he said this, he glanced down at his sword on the floor, thoughts of the other wielder of a bastard sword in his thoughts.

...even after all this, I can't stop thinking about him... the half-drow thinks to himself, Why? He's shown his true colors now, he is not the man I thought him to be... isn't he?

He lets out a soft sigh, rubbing at his temple with his fingers for a moment. Then he looks at his current roomate, his thoughts immediately turning to suspicion.

"So... are these "Dark Zodiacs" your purpose in participating? Or do you have your own reason for being here?" Adarl asks Kamome.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

The Reason

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:04 pm

The woman chuckled at Zachary's speech. "I'm sorry, we don't usually lend out the few grimoires we have to contestants." she said. "That could cause some trouble, especially with the high levels that they're at. However. . .I believe we can help you with your equipment. Hold on just a second please."

After a few moments, the woman came back, carrying a large pile of things. She dropped them on the floor, and spread them out in front of Zachary. "I'm sure you will find these useful."

There was a pair of silver chain-laced greaves, along with some strong chained boots. Next to it was a dark green padded vest, matched with dark green leather pants. Following that were some thick, light blue gloves, with red lining on them, and some strong-looking steel gauntlets, that looked as if they would run up most of Zachary's forearm.

Finally, there was a light teal cloak, which looked as if it had suffered no damage at all, from it's previous owner.

"I couldn't find any ammunition." the woman said. "Sorry. But if you have any things you wish to get rid of right now, I'll be more than happy to accept them. Is there any problems? It should all fit you."

At that moment, Zachary heard the door behind him open, to see Theodarus joining him in the back room.

"Hmmm. . ." Kamome said. "Well, I definitely have no interest in the prize, that's for sure." he said, shaking his head. "If it was up to me, they would have destroyed that item as soon as they found it. I don't know why they're offering it up to the winner of the tournament. . .it's so dangerous. That's what led me to believe that the Dark Zodiacs have some sort of inside influence with the committee. . .but if that's so, why would they go to all this trouble to take the prize?" he let out a long sigh. "It's all too confusing. But I am out for the Zodiacs, I can't deny that. It's not the money I'm after though. . .it's one of them."

He swallowed, as if he were trying to pull his words back into himself, and then digressed and turned back to Adarl. "My brother, Lee Metro, joined the Dark Zodiacs five years ago after our town was ravaged by them. We could have escaped. . .he knew that. . .but the desire for power was too strong in him, I fear. In any case, I have been searching for him ever since that day. I've run into the others countless times in battle, but I have never seen him, not even once. He's avoiding me, I just know it. But so be it. I'll kill them all, until I can have him back. He's not going to get off free. . .not this time."

Kamome seemed, for the first time, to have intense emotion pouring out of him. His usually serene face was curled in an expression of fury, as he stared into space, as if looking at some invisible monster. Adarl could tell that this man was struggling with demons of his own as well.

The Great Nevareh

Re: The Reason

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:10 pm

"Oh, this would be lovely. Thank you very much. Though you don't have any circlets?"

Zachary, before she answers, begins to put on his new equipment.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:36 pm

Zachary got himself situated in his new equipment, and ended up looking pretty strapping in it, as well.

"Circlets, eh?" she scratched her head. "Hold on a second."

And with that, the woman once again dissapeared into the depths of the back room.

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:12 am

Theodarus looked at the dressed up teacher. "That's fast," he said, "They had all these things pre-made? I hope they have something similar to my clothes and lots of paper then...."

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs