Age of Fire

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
camanalis

Age of Fire

Unread postby camanalis » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:22 pm

(Any one who is any good at roleplaying can join this roleplay. I will prefer people who like magic and traditional weapons.It is set in a midevil setting. This is not a Killing roleplay!! It might include fighting but that will not be the base of this roleplay. You can join as one of the weakened or as one of the strong. The weakened are pretty much people whose bodies suppress their magic for a while before it is unleashed.)

In the world today, magic has spread like wildfire. Each year it seems to get stronger a and stronger. But there are some who seem to be weakened by this sudden surge of power. And the name of one of them is Camanalis.

In the early hours of daylight a solitary figure is walking through the forest. Dark blue birds are seen flying through the trees above. Squirrels and other woodland creatures are seen always busy. The forest is full of trees 20 times the height of a grown man. There are also some strange reddish plants gathered around the base of the trees. The figure is a young Cat-human about 17 years old. His name is Camanalis. He is about 6' tall and looks to be about 210 lbs. He has shoulder length dark red hair and wears a long dark red cloak that covers up thin armor that only seems to cover his upper torso. His eyes are a brownish red. On his back there seems to be a long katana like sword with a blade acting like a hand guard in front of the hilt. After walking awhile he starts gathering wood for a fire. When he is finished he sits down by the pile of wood. He extends his hand to it and it bursts into flame. While it burns he seems to absorb the heat from the flame. As Camanalis absorbed the energy from the fire, he looked around his surroundings. Right behind him he saw a huge snake approaching him. Faster than the eye, Camanalis flung his hand towards the snake releasing a fireball just large enough to scare it away. Then Caman sat down and started absorbing energy from the fire again.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Age of Fire

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:08 pm

Not far from Camanalis, Vance Trevault made his way through the forest, wearing his favorite travelling outfit.

He was wearing a dark olive green pointed hat, with maroon and blue flowers positioned around the band of the hat's cone. He wore his traditional black karasu mask, blocking the bottom half of his face, and wore a frilled black choker around his neck.

Around his body, a dark brown cloak covered him. Underneath was a vintage Victorian Era-looking vest, buttoned up along his slim frame.

He had his "Soul Gloves" on today, which were thin black leather gloves, with pictures of a floating "soul" on each one. He was wearing strapping leather pants, which clung to his figure rather embarrasingly, and topped it all off with brown hiking boots.

He moved through the undergrowth, slicing at any weeds with the sharp edge of his nail file, which he used three times a day on his own. He was looking for something, that was an understatement. The problem with that, however, was he didn't specifically know WHAT he was searching for, much less where to find it.

Nevertheless, he had to keep pressing forward. He had been getting a strange feeling lately, and it wasn't the after-effects of anorexia which sometimes racked his stomach on his "bad days". It seemed as if once in a while, he was being drained. It didn't make sense describing it, because it was a totally new feeling to him. But nevertheless, it felt as if he was being drained. And he didn't like it.

He continued to press through the undergrowth, eventually spying a cat-human sitting by a crackling fire.

Hm, he thought briskly to himself. What do we have here. . .?

Vance, not entirely sure whether the cat-human had noticed him or not, began to slowly approach him, his eyes slitted, and a dark smile creeping on his face behind his mask.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:19 am

It seemed that the forest was beginning to be a gathering place for those who found themselves sapped of their abilities. Most were travelers. However, one had lived here his entire life.

His name was Pierre, and he was the last of his kind in this forest. The last of the already rare Floral Dragons. Looking at him now, no one would suspect as much - all they would see is a fairly normal dryad, with standard green hair, green skin, and clothing made of leaves. This was but a guise he used from time to time - normally to avoid having random humans try to kill him, but now it was because the drain was ever so slightly less in this form.

Pierre wandered aimlessly about the forest, contemplating what to do. He had just finished burying the rest of his comrades, and the ground was bound to make good use of them. He felt no sadness. The dragon was plenty old enough to know that sometimes, bad things happen, and you have no control of them - no, right now he just needed to figure out what to do. There was absolutely no reason to stay in this forest, and it was obvious that he would have to find out was happening in order to avoid the fate of the rest of the floral dragons.

The first step would obviously be to find others who felt the effects, as there was no doubt that whatever it was would be affecting others. He set off to the nearest edge of the forest.

camanalis

Unread postby camanalis » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:50 am

Caman's ears twitched but other than that he did not move a mucle.
He knew someone was there. As he was, he was not very ready for a fight. He needed to act fast. And acting fast was his specialty. He just kept on absorbing the energy from the fire. But now the fire looked like it was being sucked into his hands and sure enough it died out. He made ready to get up. As he did so, he started gathering and manipulating the energies around him so that all the energy gathered in his hand. "This should be enough." Caman thought to himself, "Just in case I have to fight though..." Caman then took all of the heat energy from his surroundings and directed all this to his hand. He thought to himself. "If I had my own energy I would not have to do this." The result of this transferrance of energy was that the area became very cold. About negative 5 degrees celcius. Before the area was about 25 above.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=camanalis>camanalis</A] at: 12/16/04 14:42

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:51 pm

Vance twitched, obviously sensing a change in the environment around him. He began to shiver, pulling the cloak closer to his thin frame, and continued to move through the bushes.

It could be possible that the man had noticed him, and was able to manipulate the environment somehow. So, was this a warning message? If so, how low could he drop the temperature?

That couldn't be it, though. Vance had been watching him, and had seen him sucking some sort of energy out of the fire, as if he was absorbing the fire itself. In that case, this was probably just an after-effect of the man's actions. Interesting, to say the least.

The question now, was how to approach him. Vance still wasn't even sure whether he wanted to fight the man or not. He hadn't noticed any peculiar items of clothing, but you could never be too sure. . .some tailors were rather sneaky.

It suddenly occured to him that if he attacked, he had the disadvantage. On top of that, as a result, he might very well get a face-full of fire. He couldn't let such a suspicious man get away, though. . .so he decided to try and even the playing field.

"Hello there." he called from the bushes. "What are you doing?"

camanalis

Unread postby camanalis » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:46 pm

Caman stood up, looking to where the voice came from.

The voice seemed to have no intention of hurting him so he released a bit of the energy he was holding. But he still kept a bit of energy just in case.

The area warmed up a bit, but it was still pretty cold. "Um, could you show yourself? I don't like people sneaking up on me in the bushes."

Caman tried to sense any power from where the voice came from but there did not seem to be very much. But Caman knew that not everything was what it seemed to be.

He thought to himself, "Just in case..." He started to transfer some of the energy to his sword. The sword grew warm on his back and he thought, "I hope we do not get into a fight. Especially if this person is not drained like I am."

camanalis

Unread postby camanalis » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:20 pm

(OOC:Will not be back till Jan 3. I had a friend post this and he does not use forums like this much so I did not make him edit the previous post.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=camanalis>camanalis</A] at: 12/19/04 13:59

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:30 am

(OOC: Remember, Camanalis, next time you want to make an announcement, put it in brackets like this, or post it in the OOC forum under the "absence announcements" thread. Also, instead of making a new post, you can edit a previous post and add it. It will still mark the thread as having new content, so don't worry about that.)

Vance moved forward out of this bushes, revealing himself before Camanalis.

He brushed a lock of black hair out of his eyes, and stared at him. His gloved fingers were twirling a nail file. He didn't seem to have any weapons on himself at all.

"Hello." he spoke softly, a thin voice that was barely audible. "And who might you be?"

Of Heavens and Hells

Re: post

Unread postby Of Heavens and Hells » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:58 pm

The small-framed girl absently wandered the forest, looking about in silent awe at the massive trees and wondrous fauna that decorated the ground.

She pulled her clock tighter about her, shivering a bit as an icy wind passed over her, chilling her thin body to the bone.

She continued on her way, hoping but doubting to find some sort of shelter or provider of warmth. A soft rustle came from behind her, sporting a shock of pristine white. Wings. This girl, Leona as she was often called, was an angel. Well, former angel. She had been cast from Heaven, refused from Hell, and was now banished to wander the Earth.

All because of one simple thing...

Her jade eyes darkened reflexively, golden hair over-shadowing her pale face. If looked at closely, one could almost see a tint of dark, blood red, and a hint of deep black among her large wings.

She shook her head, and forced herself on. After a while, she saw a faint, orange glow coming from a nearby clearing. She blinked and gave a hopeful smile, darting forward to what she was sure must be a fire.

She slowed to an unsure top as she saw two figures ahead of her, near said fire. She frowned and cursed herself for being so stupid. Of course, if there was a fire, it was going to most likely be built by people, right?

She wasn't quite sure if she could handle people right now, but after another frigid wind, firmly decided that she would really rather be cold.

Leona stepped cautiously into the clearing and saw two beings, a human, and what looked like a cross between a man and a cat. Should she turn back...?

She chanced it.

"...um...hello there..."

camanalis

Re: post

Unread postby camanalis » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:06 pm

Caman, sensing no malice, released the extra energy he had been holding. The fire that he had extinguished before sprang back to life and the area returned to its natural state.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=camanalis>camanalis</A] at: 1/4/05 10:45

ziratha

Im doing my best, please ignore any errors.

Unread postby ziratha » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:25 pm

It was most assuredly not a good day, ziratha reflected.

First, he had been chased by some sort of a boar type creature. He'd had to climb a tree to escape, only to be trapped there when the boar had slept under the tree.
Then he had gone to sleep in the tree, with a huge knot under his back. Finally, he remembers, as he plummets toward the ground, "I rolled over, I was in a tree..."

As he opens his eyes and looks down he notes he's plummeting directly toward some girl, one with wings...

"LOOK OUT BELOW!!!!!", he belows.

It was most assuredly not a good day...

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Im doing my best, please ignore any errors.

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:18 pm

(OOC: camanalis, I really do not reccomend you take that "Of Heavens and Hells" post seriously. first of all, the player didn't post his or her sheet in the character thread, and secondly, hasn't posted since. For all we know, that person may never come back, and you'll be left with a "dead character" for the RP.

Edit: Thanks ziratha, for the clarification! I must have missed it due to the break during the holidays. Keep trying your best, guys.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/3/05 22:36

ziratha

uhm...

Unread postby ziratha » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:51 pm

(ooc, I actually did post a character)

ziratha

will someone please..

Unread postby ziratha » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:25 pm

(ooc Will sombody please post? If this is dead let me know.)

ziratha

thats it,

Unread postby ziratha » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:07 am

If i dont hear something, im gonna decide this is dead and forget it.

ziratha

i do hereby declare

Unread postby ziratha » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:43 pm

this must be dead, i was in the hospital for 3 weeks with no access to pcs and im still the last response.

Return to Other RPs