The Zodiac

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Moving again.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:04 pm

"So, as I understand it.." Lawrence quipped, having followed the Chien Hou the whole time, "You're afraid that something like fireworks to celebrate your incorrect new-year will ruin you for...Years to come? That is the most rediclous thing I've heard in quite some time."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:04 am

A vague recollection stirred through Mu Li's head; something about an astrological cycle of the elements of fire, earth, metal, water, and wood, which took ten years to complete.

"Oh, no. The fireworks are to prevent any mishaps. And if this truly is the most ridiculous thing you have heard, you are quite sadly lacking in a proper education," Chien Hou replied calmly.

"And yes, it's dry. Need to light it off, investigate the other bundles. Would any of you be so good as to check?" he continued, gesturing about the perimeter of the floor.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:49 am

The concept of malicious spirits interfering certainly is an odd one, at least to Lo Pan. If there is disorder under Heaven, would they not suffer as well? The outlander, as well, is an odd one. But no need to fight an idiot, he would get himself educated or killed in time.

Thus, for now, he was content to learn about the inner workings of fireworks, having never seen one opened before. What sorcery could turn black powder to so many colors?

Edited by: Uncle Pervy  Image at: 10/20/04 5:56 am

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:15 pm

Mu Li shot Lawrence a suspicious glance. "Or maybe yoush foriegn devils jus' fear fireworks as mush as normal onesh."

With that parting, partially unintelligable quip, Mu Li moved cautiously along the side of the temple, staggering as he did so, to check and make sure the other fireworks were prepped and ready to go. Although he wasn't to clear on how to make the type that shot up into the air, normal, ground bound ones were easy enough to make for any doctor, being an important part of curing spirit related ailments.

Checking to make sure they were dry and fireable should be a piece of cake...

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:33 am

Jia Li nodded to Fu.

'Do these gongs normally have an oily sheen?' She enquired, inspecting her knuckles closely.

'I'm not an expert on the matter but it seems odd to me.'

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:21 am

Fu's lips tightened as he bent his head closer to Jia Li, then swabbed his thumb across the gong.

"I wouldn't know. This isn't my territory," he replied, raising the thumb to his nose, sniffing and then licking. "Not a cooking oil, but not too harmful either."

Meanwhile, Mu-Li's hands were a trifle unsteady and some of the black powder fell across his foot, but it seemed quite dry! Quite well-sifted too, with the tiny granules slipping loosely about eachother.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:28 am

Mu Li made a clumsy attempt to scoop the spilled powder back into the firecrackers, and called out, "T'ey sheem well 'nouff. Should be ables to light 'em off wit' no prollems..."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:58 pm

Jun felt rather uncomfortable at first, but went along with the man nonetheless. He had shown no ill will, and she had no reason to show it back towards him.

She walked along with him, stopping when he did at the wall. "Er, I suppose..." she said in response to his question, "...but
why do we need to climb?"

We can just walk into the temple if we need to... she thought to herself.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:37 pm

The tipsy doctor discovered that his attempt to scoop the powder back in merely smeared it about his person a bit, leaving a grey smudge, but at least nothing spilled out!

"Because it offers a much better view," was the peasant girl's cheerful reply.

"Besides, the other vantage places are likely to be horribly crowded. Mind bending over a bit?"

Previous

Return to Other RPs