Night at Childs Manor, 2.0

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Night at Childs Manor, 2.0

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:18 pm

<span style="color:red;">Fall, 1995.</span>

The Mistress of Childs Manor, long known in the community for her benevolent work with children, has extended a boon to the disadvantaged children there, offering any four a place to live in the Manor, where they will receive food and clothing far above what the orphanage could ever offer, and an education that would cost other children millions of dollars to attain.

Some time has finally passed, and on one eventful day in October, the four children have finally been selected amidst the many there.

Chris Okely, Lisa Pham, Fuller Knox, Sam Radcliffe.

The day after, Mistress Childs comes to the door of the Orphanage to collect the children, and the headmistress goes to awake each from their own, individual rooms.

It begins..


SALSAlys
 

Re: Night at Childs Manor, 2.0

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:41 am

Lisa bit her lip, hastily putting together everything she had into a small denim backpack. Not that she had much to pack, but...

She hefted her small plush monkey in one hand, looking at the small, black button eyes while biting her lip. She didn't want Mistress Childs to think of her as being immature, but...

She brushed her short bangs back with one dark hand, then squeezed the stuffed animal tightly to her chest.

"C'mon, King. We've got somebody to meet," she whispered into its ear, then swung on her backpack. She wore a light green T-shirt with overalls, only one of the straps actually buttoned over as she hopped out of her room, giving her short hair a quick smoothing that only served to muss it up even further before she skidded into the hallway, running out with King held in one hand, the other fumbling to adjust her overall strap. Mostly, the Korean girl wasn't paying attention to where she was going, and had a high likelihood of bumping into something or someone.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: Night at Childs Manor, 2.0

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:07 am

If one looked about the orphanage, a young boy could be seen sitting on his bed, the room surrounding him in pristine condition. Neat. Organized. Perfect.

Fuller Knox looked up momentarily from his seemingly deep thought, idle gaze drifting towards the door. He had waited for such an event, waited for several years. Hadn't he? No, rediculous question, of course he had.

The boy turned the the backpack that was resting on the bed beside him. It looked as if he had everything he would need. Clothing, some snacks, and not to mention...books. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, Waiting for Godot...

Fuller picked up his bag and proceeded to make his way out out the door and down the hall. Regardless of any irrelevent insecurities he had about this, he had to do it. It made sense. It was logical.


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Night at Childs Manor, 2.0

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:09 pm

The Korean girl was indeed likely to bump into someone, and in this instance that someone was Sam Radcliffe, on the way from his own room. He was dressed rather formally, in a smart black shirt and trousers - all the better to make the right impression. He didn't like being cared for, of course, but this was different. He was going to be guaranteed a good start in life.

Or he would be if he could make it 10 yards from his room without being knocked over!

'Ouch! Watch it, will you?' He grumbled as his pack came loose upon impact and spilled its contents on the corridor floor. Clothes, a pad, pen, his favourite books , and, curiously, a carved wooden comb in the shape of a fish all tumbled out around the boy.

Sighing, he unshouldered the bag and began stuffing everything back in. This wasn't a very good start, and his forboding meter was now at full. Or rather, his imagination had decided that this must be an omen of things to come, but that was completely unfounded, of course.


SALSAlys
 

Re: Night at Childs Manor, 2.0

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:08 pm

"Drat! Sorry, sorry— here, lemme help," Lisa said in a rush, crouching by Sam. She stuffed King into the front of her overalls, hastily scooping up whatever she could and handing it to him. One of them was the comb in the shape of a fish, and as she picked it up, she made a comment.

"Cool."

That was all she had to say on the subject as they cleaned up, then she dug the monkey out again, buckling the overall strap into place.

"You're going to the Childs lady too, right? Mind going together? I'm just completely scattered right now, so..."

She endeavored to look as cutely appealing as a small girl could.


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

Re: Night at Childs Manor, 2.0

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:03 am

Calmly walking by the two in the hall was a skinny, black-haired and above all else overloaded boy. I say overloaded because he was obviously carrying everything he had in two bags, one over each shoulder, and two suitcases that rolled along behind him.

"S'cuse me..." He muttered quietly, passing the two on.


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Night at Childs Manor, 2.0

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:07 am

'Thanks' Said Sam begrudgingly as Lisa helped him clear away his scattered items, then 'I suppose we could. If you want.'

He stood and shouldered his pack, looking after the black-haired boy, since that was the direction they too were taking.

'But don't you think the cute look works on me, because it doesn't.'


SALSAlys
 

Yay, everyone's posted!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:17 pm

"Whatever you say, white boy," Lisa said cheerfully, then promptly ignored him in favor of running ahead, alongside Chris.

"Yow. You got a REAL load there, boyo. Need any help with it, or just want to stumble on by yourself?"


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Yay, everyone's posted!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:26 pm

'Ouch, the racism. It stings and burns.' Murmured Sam, following behind at his own pace, quite content to let Chris deal with the hyperactive girl in his place.


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

Re: Yay, everyone's posted!

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:22 pm

"Um...yeah. Can you help me with the suitcases? And I'm Chris." the guy replied oh-so-wittily. "I guess you're another of the kids that got an offer for education?"


SALSAlys
 

Re: Yay, everyone's posted!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:19 pm

"Uh-huh. And the grouch over there too," Lisa chattered, smiling as assisted with his luggage. "I'm Lisa, glad to meetcha. We probably better hurry though, 'cuz I bumped into him and you've got all this stuff so we might be late, so...."

Lisa had to take a breath after that long explanation, then grinned.

"Race you!"

With that, she was skipping as quickly as she could while handling the suitcases. Nowhere near her original speed, but faster than one might expect.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: Yay, everyone's posted!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:19 pm

In the event that the mob of meandering children made it to the door, they would find the fourth of their number nearby. He knew there were four of them, and had determind it was probably in the best interests of all of them if they met up with Mistress Childs at (roughly) the same time. And so, he waited.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

How terribly perceptive!

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:04 pm

Mistress Childs waited for them near the entrance of the orphanage. Judging by her stance there, she had only just arrived.

She was a middle-aged woman, obviously aged by the years: her hair was whitish-blonde. While white dominated the color spectrum, the roots of her hair definitely hinted at blonde. Her face retained several wrinkles, some more noticeable then others, and all of this underlined two grey, tired eyes. Her flesh tone was a somewhat pale one, yet still retained some natural color. Perhaps she spent too much time indoors?

Her attire was befitting that of one in the 'rich' class, as all of her clothing was silk-fitted, well-trimmed, and had nary a wrinkle or lag. Her overcoat alone, a fur-trimmed, purple ordeal, looked as if it could cost over $1000 alone, an instant temptation to any among the four who would be tempted to take a quick nab.

"It is good to see you, children. I have yet to get acquainted with all of you, but I'm sure that on the way there we will have enough time to get to know everything about each other." She smiled warmly at them, her eyes temporarily filling with a spark of life before receding into a tired shade. "I hope that you are all ready to go?"


SALSAlys
 

Re: How terribly perceptive!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:11 pm

Lisa came in with the rest of the children, still carrying the luggage for Chris as she looked up at Mistress Childs, smiling brightly, her cheeriness covering mild disappointment.

Doesn't look like I'd imagined a mother-type to be.... she thought privately. What was I really expecting, though? I'm sure she'll be nice once we get to know eachother.

"I'm ready, ma'am," she said, smiling, as she brushed back her hair again. This time, she was able to smooth it slightly.



Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: How terribly perceptive!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:03 pm

Sam smiled politely and said hello, then stood quietly and thoughtfully, sometimes shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

She's old, he thought, but at least she probably won't bug me too much.


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

Wow. I post again.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:09 pm

Chris followed shortly after the rest. It seemed he'd dropped one of his bags while chasing after the girl, and had had to stop to gather it.

"Um...hello ma'am."


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: How terribly perceptive!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:31 pm

Fuller, having seen the last of the other three arrived, made his way to the entrance.

"Hello." he greeted Mistress Childs, expressionless.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Mmm.. back in black.

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:25 am

Mistress Childs nodded to each. "It's good to see that you are all prepared so well.. such good children, making preparations so well." She smiled again, giving off a brief sense of warmth as she did so. "I'm glad you are ready to go, as our transportation is all ready waiting for us."

As she led them down the stairs and to the limosuine that awaited them outside, she began talking to them about the long, illustrious history the Childs family had had as philanthropists in the local community, and how this, in turn, helped fund the family for years to come. Curiously, she spoke little of her own present state in the family record, nor did she say anything of any other family she had to continue the legacy onward, save a brief mention of 'two darlings' when finishing up her family history topic.

Before any of the four could pose a question on any of this, they had come to the car, and Childs had opened the door for them, to the back seats. When each child had finally settled into their own respective seat on the very back, she pulled into the front seat just ahead of them, next to the chaffeur. She silently indicated the direction to the Childs Manor, and from there she was silent.

Apparently, she had forgotten to ask about the children themselves..


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Mmm.. back in black.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:17 pm

Sam looked across at the others, decidedly uncomfortable, an expression which showed on his face. On the one hand, he had questions, and felt sure he should be introducing himself more fully to Misstress Childs, but on the other, he didn't want to appear rude by speaking up since she clearly wanted silence.


SALSAlys
 

Re: Mmm.. back in black.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:37 pm

Lisa glanced back at Sam, giving a very slight shrug of her shoulders. She found Mistress Childs' behavior quite odd, and it didn't help at all to put her at ease. Striking up a conversation with one of the others also seemed a bit uncomfortable with their new guardian right there, but...

She gave King a squeeze before glancing sidelong at Mistress Childs, giving a soft cough as a way of testing the woman's attention. If the woman didn't glance at her, fine. Lisa wasn't going to bother her. If she did, well...

I can do SOMETHING to end the silence.


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

Re: Mmm.. back in black.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:12 am

Little Chris, however, seemed to completely forget his manners and spoke right up to break the silence.

"Miss Childs? Are we going to see your children at the manor?"


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Too bad I didn't see this, y'know, earlier.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:32 pm

Fuller kept with the previous trend of remaining silent. Their benifactor's actions weren't entirely logical, to be sure, but he had heard somewhere that rich people had a habit of being somewhat eccentric. Nothing to be worried about, nothing at all.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 4/5/04 6:32 pm

User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

All right, let's go.

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:47 pm

Mistress Childs, still apparently having forgotten about reading into who these childen really were, or answering the one question posed to her, turned to them with the same warm smile as before. "We are arriving at the gates of the Childs Estate, children... please behave as we make our way inwards."

Indeed, two regally-formed, metallic gates were parting for the moving limosuine. The same road that they had been following for some time trailed inwards and into the somewhat thick forestry just ahead. Beyond that.. one could almost see a few peaks of the white-and-marble mansion balconies. Their new home was within distant sight..

"Shall we drive the rest of the way, children? Or shall we walk..? It is such a nice day, after all.." She beckoned to the bright blue skies overhead, with only a trace of a storm cloud in the outskirts of the blue.


SALSAlys
 

Re: All right, let's go.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:36 pm

Lisa didn't even give a glance to the sky before grinning widely, starting to bounce in her seat before regaining control of her composure. She still didn't want to make a bad impression...

"Can we? It would be more fun if we could walk, and it is a nice day," she said, cocking her head to one side as she resisted the urge to smooth her hair again.


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: All right, let's go.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:53 am

'I don't mind walking either.' Said Sam, looking out of the window.

It'll be good to get a feel for the grounds, after all. He thought to himself, then wondered how big the grounds actually were.


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

<---Doubtless what is coming soon.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:14 pm

"Walking's fine with me, miss Childs." Chris simply replied.

Wonder why she didn't answer me...


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

You are all inefficient! >:!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:49 pm

Glancing around with slight disdain, Fuller resigned himself to walking. He didn't have disdain for the other children, particularly, so much as disdain for their desire to walk to the entrance. In theory, they would have plenty of time to explore later, and walking while carrying everything that was brought along while they had the opportunity to just drive to the entrance wasn't very logical. In fact, it seemed to be illogical enough to convince Fuller to speak his mind, despite the fact that he knew that he wasn't going to convince anyone differently.

"But wouldn't it make more sense..." Fuller looked to Chris and his overbearing amount of luggage. "...to drive to the entrance, drop off our bags, and then go out exploring the grounds and whatnot?"


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: You are all inefficient! >:!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:40 pm

'I thought Miss Childs meant that the luggage would be taken up without us.' Replied Sam, looking around at Fuller as he replied. 'Am I right, Miss Childs?' He asked their benefactor, turning again to face the front of the car.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Let's walking!

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:02 pm

Sam received an odd twist of the head towards him. The first time that she had actually looked at any of them... and she smiled. "Of course."

Mistress Childs then turned to the Chaffeur, whispering something to him. He nodded to her, in return, and with that, the Mistress stepped out of the car, beckoning for the children to follow.

"We have quite a walk ahead of us, now. Please don't linger behind.."


SALSAlys
 

Whee?!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:10 am

Though Lisa left her backpack, she kept her stuffed monkey in the front of her overalls as she hopped out of the car, stretching slightly with her arms extended over her head, then hopping from one foot to the other, loosening up.

Yes'm. No lingering, she thought privately, just smiling before she set off. While not jogging, she had a tendency to dart ahead, alternating between doing so and waiting for the group as she spotted whatever took her fancy— flowers, odd stones, or small birds.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: Whee?!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:39 pm

His own bag also remaining in the vehicle, Fuller squinted minutely as he stepped out into the sunlight. He wasn't outside often enough as it was, so he supposed that it was possible that the others were correct in deciding on this course of action...


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

Whee with SLIME.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:53 pm

Chris stepped out of the car shortly behind Fuller, and walked directly in step with Miss Childs. He was determined to strike up a conversation with the woman, and good manners be damned!

"So, Miss Childs...do you walk around the grounds often? It's good to be out and about once in a while." He offered, rather cheerily.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

no slime

Unread postby Endesu » Sat May 01, 2004 4:05 pm

As the limosuine continued on its own path, the Mistress Childs and her four orphan companions made their way over a grassy knoll, eventually coming into the thick of a somewhat out-of-place forest that hid most of the house from distant view.

For some time, she remained unnervingly silent, apparently not giving recognition to the rather polite question posed to her by Chris.

She blinked and began to speak without warning, keeping her face turned away from the foursome. "These days, I'm... far too busy to take much time outside. You'll see when we get there."

The house slowly began to loom in the distance, as it was becoming closer then before.. however, a few dark clouds came rolling in above. Apparently, night was approaching...


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: no slime

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed May 12, 2004 3:35 pm

Sam glanced up at the clouds and grimaced, wondering if they would still be outside when darkness had completely fallen. The grounds were so big and open, he didn't think he'd like to be in them much during the hours of night.


SALSAlys
 

No dying. Pwease? I was bad. ._.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu May 13, 2004 12:25 pm

Lisa glanced at the clouds as well, then hurried. However, she also glanced at her belly. The incoming clouds were reminding her of the time that had passed since she had last ate, and she was a hearty eater, despite her size; being hyper helped with that.

"Are we going to have dinner when we get there?" she asked, trying not to sound like a greedy pig.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Sneaking it in so no one will notice...

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:15 pm

She continued on with the children for a bit as the house came into focus more and more, disturbingly silent, before finally breaking her own trend of noiseless behavior, and spoke, in slow response..

Slow response to the one child that had spoken..

"Oh, yes, there will be food. We're well-stocked in all that we'd need..."

She went into her own state of somewhat awkward silence once again, and now the forest had betrayed them to the entirety of the house ahead.

It was akin to a Gothic manor, styled and paneled in an antique style not as commonly seen in modern times. Even with the onset of night, the house seemed to display a cheery exuberance, possibly due to the overabundance of light that the windows, here and there, bled.

"We're here at last. Say hello to your new home, children."


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Hahaha, noticed.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:01 am

'Hello.' Sam mumbled, taking in the building with some awe, then turning to look back through the grounds.

'It's big, isn't it?' He asked, though it was obviously a rhetorical question.


SALSAlys
 

INDEED.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:09 am

"Hello," Lisa announced cheerfully in the general direction of the house, then hugged her arms about herself, looking over it with wide eyes.

"Is it possible to get lost in there?" she murmured softly, apparently referring to the same phenomen which Sam had noted— though her question was not so obviously rhetorical.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=salsalys>SALSAlys</A] at: 6/11/04 12:48 am

FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: INDEED.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:00 pm

"...do we...get maps or something?" was Fuller's only response to the situation.


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

Re: INDEED.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:30 am

Chris merely took in everything silently, not saying a word to the others. However, the first thought that entered his mind was,

~Cripes it's big...~


Following that, and of a bit more import, was

~I wonder how someone can live in a home this size without going crazy...so much cleaning, so much dusting...heck, even the long trips to the john in the middle of the night would be stressful...~


Next

Return to Other RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank