A sorrowful music

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
sculptor85

Confrontations

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:21 pm

The town below

The town seemed to reflect the wars as they were in the times of Zhen's War. Buildings crumbled as women ran through the streets. In the midst of the mayhem there came a man... alone to stand against the forces which had brought such a chaos to this quiet town.

The man at which the Wanderer was rushing had not noticed his eminent doom as he continued to smell the now young girls hair, all the while she simply look forward without making a single effort to stop him.

Another group of the invaders came out of a local shop carrying some of the guns which the villagers were using to defend the town and began to fire randomly some hitting the villagers and others killing others in their own group.

The flames seemed to add a glow to the young girls eyes as her eyes soon began to look past the man before her.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sculptor85>sculptor85</A] at: 4/17/04 6:25 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Confrontations

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:28 pm

He bored down upon the man and stabbed him through the back with the dagger, twisting and dragging it upwards.

'Filth.'

Growling, he pulled the dying man away from the girl, then turned his head to see if the path to the lift was still clear.

sculptor85

Confrontations

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:41 pm

City Below

It appeared as though the followers of Kan were still busy trying to heal their own men, leaving the path to the lift still clear.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:45 pm

'Get on my back, quickly!' He urged the child, kneeling so that she could do so. 'Ideally, Wanderer would prefer ot lift the girl, but then he wouldn't be able to use his weapons.

sculptor85

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:13 pm

City Below

The young girl used her remaining strength to lean over and simply fall onto the Wanderer back. As she did tears seemed to fall from her cheeks onto some of the Wanderers small wounds healing them instantly.

Behind them on the wall there was no blood nor signs of the blade passing through her besides the actual hole the blade had made.

Inside the volcano

Slowly the Goddess rose from her throne and calmly directed his gaze at the Learner which was still coming from the magma. She then looked at the Artist and began to speak slowly with grace and wisdom lining her every word, "Welcome my beautiful Artist." she looked once again at the Learner and then greeted him with the kindest of smiles.

"Do you know why I brought you two here?" she asked as she placed her hand on the Artist head.

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:17 pm

Looking forward as the Fire goddess had her hand on her head, the Artist answered in a monotone.

"Death and Destruction. Violence and Cruelty. Pain and Suffering."

sculptor85

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:20 pm

Inside the Volcano

"Is this what you take me for?" ask the Goddess as she took her hand from the Artist and looked at her throne. "You mistake me for my brothers young Artist." She now returned to her throne.

FinsterDieTragik

Bliss

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:14 pm

Learner felt more alive than he ever had,Artist's comment had annoyed him somewhat but his annoyance was melted like ice in lava. He was too happy to be annoyed,and she had smiled at him,his goddess had smiled at him.He kept respectfully silent but inside his heart was singing.

sculptor85

Re: Bliss

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:23 pm

Inside the Volcano

The silence began to take on Li as she looked at the Artist from the corner of her eye. "I am not here to cause anyone harm," she began once again as she took a seat on her throne slowly letting her wave wave slowly as she eased herself in. "I am only here to bring peace to this troubled world."

Her gaze turned toward the Learner as she smiled again this time speaking to him directly, "Come forth young man. I have something you might like." Her smile slowly turned to a slight grin.

FinsterDieTragik

Bliss + 3

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:40 pm

Learner struggled inwardly for half a second.Wondering if it would offend Li for him to rush forward,then he spent the other half second wondering if it would be wrong for him to proceed to slowly,he decided on a mix of the two attempting a respectful but quick walk towards her throne before kneeling and reverently bowing his head.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=finsterdietragik@rpgww60462>FinsterDieTragik</A] at: 4/17/04 8:43 pm

sculptor85

A Gift, a Request

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:09 pm

Inside the volcano

The Goddess watched as the Learner came forth and waited for him to kneel before she turned toward the Southern wall of the Volcano. With a simple gesture she opened two enormous doors which were hard to distinguish from the surrounding wall until she opened them.

"I've heard your prayers for furthering your knowledge, and today I shall grant you this wish with a gift."

From behind the immense doors came a large strange shape began to emerge. There was a large craft come forth, something yet unseen by any other person yet. A large statue rested on the front of this strange vessel, it was the shape of the legendary fire bird Suzaku. The wings of the bird drew back form the sides and the tail seem to pull above holding the wings with ropes. On the belly of the bird were two large protruding circle which were glowing as it hovered slowly toward the pool of magma. Aboard the ship it was complete made of a light steel layer. The controls of the ship were composed of two simple orbs which hover over what looked like hands, these rested in front of a small captains chair which was covered with red cushion. The ship could easily carry well over 10 people on the dock and below there was two rooms where you could rest atop satin blanket and feather pillows.

The vessel slowly came to a quiet halt on the surface of the pool as Li looked at the Learner saying, "This is how I shall thank you for being loyal to me all these years." she looked toward the vessel again and said, "Use it to gather all the information you wish to gather about this world my young Learner."

FinsterDieTragik

Awe

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:21 pm

Learner gaped in awe for a moment,unable to stop himself.
He began to give thanks in prayer out of habit before remembering he was mere feet from his Goddess.
"Thank you my Goddess."He whispered.
"As always I am yours to command,"He ignored his longing to rush to the gift.
"I will certainly learn all I can of this world..but,how will I know how to fly it?"

nuklearbobcat

Artist is being wierd again...

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:24 pm

"Death..." the Artist whispered, "...and Destruction.

sculptor85

Re: Artist is being wierd again...

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:40 pm

Inside the volcano

"How do you drive this vessel?" she turned to the Learner at this point seemingly ignoring the Artist. "I shall leave that knowledge for you to 'learn' from your attempts." She cracked a small smile before continuing.

"But before i can give you this gift i must ask something of you." She turned to him completely "I must ask you to take this Artist to the kingdom of my brother Gen where you shall meet with my brother Zhen. Zhen shall instruct you with what you must do next. I must also ask you to use your skills to create more weapons for me as so that i may defend my land and people and avoid attacks like the one which is going on outside this chamber." then pointing at the vessel she says, "Now go and take the vessel toward the mountain monastery."

FinsterDieTragik

Sense of purpose

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:59 pm

"As you wish,"Learner replied allowing himself to smile,no longer afraid it would not be acceptable.
"Smith already knows how to make the parts of the gauntlets,there are documents in my home on how to assemble the parts."He went on mostly to himself,as he was sure Li already knew this,"Shall we simply go to the mountain Monastary now? Or should I give Smith the assembly inctructions for the gauntlets?"Learner beamed.
"I promise my next weapon will make the gauntlets seem like sharpened sticks,my goddess."He added.
And began examining the ship waiting for her answer,bursting with eagerness to obey,but not sure which order to do things in.

sculptor85

Recruiting

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:08 pm

Inside the Volcano

"From here I will ask you to go and see if the man which came with the Artist wishes to go with you to the monastery." She spoke and all the while watched the Artist for any new reactions. "Then you will need to visit the Smith and give him your schematics before packing your things to go." She looked above at the night sky now. "Be sure to rest in town before you leave. Do not worry about the attacks on the lower lvl i shall remedy that in due time."

The vessel now seemed to move as the right side wing was lowered by the ropes attached to the tail allowing it passengers to board.

"Oh, before you go, I have one more thing to give you young Learner." she beaconed him towards her holding a small item in her hands.

nuklearbobcat

Re: Recruiting

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:23 pm

The Artist glanced over at the airship, her eyes narrowing. The thing was a blatant abomination to her. She could see the majestic creature trapped inside, sleeping, getting ready to power the machine at any moment. She cared not about the beautiful mechanical complexity, for this was all dead to her. The only music that was coming from the contraption was that of the sleeping beast within it.

Finally clear-headed (relatively, anyway), the Artist listened to the converstation, keenly aware of everything, despite what either of them thought.

"Shall we go now?" She looked at Li, a playful expression on her face. "Your song is a bit LOUD." She places her fingers in her ears. "IT HURTS MY EARS!"

FinsterDieTragik

Very well

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:36 pm

Learner approached Li again,and bowed,the object in her hands drawing his gaze.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=finsterdietragik@rpgww60462>FinsterDieTragik</A] at: 4/17/04 11:38 pm

nuklearbobcat

Re: Very well

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:39 pm

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'm comin, I'm comin." With that, she stuck her tongue out at Li before she walked over to the airship and stepped inside through the same door Learner had.

sculptor85

Gifts

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:42 pm

In the Volcano

As the Learner approached she stretched out her slender hand in which she held a small talisman. "Do you remember the talisman of Kan?" she whispered, "This is far greater in power and shall grant you one ability, but be careful which ability you choose. Now, go with her and do as I have comanded."

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sculptor85>sculptor85</A] at: 4/17/04 11:47 pm

FinsterDieTragik

Sorry for previous mispost

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:55 pm

Having bowed and thanked Li,both aloud and with a silent prayer,Learner boarded the ship.His hands hovered over the orbs for a moment while Artist ground upon his nerves further by sticking her tongue out at Li before boarding.Once she had boarded he press his hands upon the orbs and thought,Rise.

sculptor85

The Airship

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:01 am

Leaving the Volcano

As the Learner pressed his hands upon the orbs the vessel began to hum quietly and rise into the air leading them out of the Volcano over looking the pilaged town below and the Wanderer now carrying the young girl. Farther away in the distance the Learner could see the vast world as it stretch out for what seemed an eternity.

nuklearbobcat

What now, Captain?

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:02 am

The Artist looked at the Learner critically. "By all means, Captain, lead onward." She plopped down on her butt, hugging her knees and yawned.

FinsterDieTragik

Yar

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:13 am

Learner smiled,and lessened the pressure on the orbs,not completely letting go,hoping this would slow or stop their rise and let them hover.
He gazed at the world while he did this,thinking,I could get used to a view like this.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=finsterdietragik@rpgww60462>FinsterDieTragik</A] at: 4/18/04 12:17 am

sculptor85

A scenic view

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:42 am

On the Vessel

In the distance the Mountain monastery was in view next to the Sea. Above them was a luminous light but looking closely they could see small towers. At these heights the mayhem below was insignificant while the wind blow by then without making the ship sway in any direction.

FinsterDieTragik

Nice and easy

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:14 am

Learner sighed and glanced down at Li's talisman,which he had hung around his neck.Several ideas for it sprang to mind but he decided to give it a little more thought.
He began trying to lower the ship towards the higher part of town.The fact that he was hundreds of feet in the air and still didn't know the controls well made him a bit nervous,but a smile crept across his face.He was glad Li hadn't simply told him how to fly it,despite his momentary dissappointment,he liked the challenge.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=finsterdietragik@rpgww60462>FinsterDieTragik</A] at: 4/18/04 1:38 am

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Nice and easy

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:42 pm

Wanderer ran for the lift then, noticing that the pain in his arm had disappeared in some surprise.

'You'll be safe soon.' He said as his legs pounded the street. 'I'll get you out of this.'

sculptor85

Re: Nice and easy

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:09 pm

Upper level of the town of Li

The lift began to move upward as the Wanderer reached the platform which would lead him upward. As the platform came closer to the top the Vessel was seem decending close by in the town square just a few meters from the library.

FinsterDieTragik

Does it ever actually land or just hover at low altitudes?

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:30 pm

Learner,feeling a little more comfortable,after puzzling out the basics of the controls,began gauging if he had enough room to land in the town square.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=finsterdietragik@rpgww60462>FinsterDieTragik</A] at: 4/18/04 6:14 pm

sculptor85

The paths are choosen

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:59 pm

In town Square

The Vessel slowly came to about a foot from the ground before stablizing and maintaining it's altitude. Slight bursts of air were heard underneath as four small rods anchored the ship completely to the ground. The ropes began to move as the wing slowly decended until it touched ground where it stayed awaiting it's on coming passengers. The wing seemed to have a stair case which grew from the wing as it lowered. Allowing the living quarters to remain in privacy behind a the wall which represented the belly of the bird.

Then from the Living quarters came a voice, it seemed rather annoyed and old as footsteps were heard from below. "Geez can't a man get some rest around here?" the voice was muffled slightly by the deck as a figure came forth from the stairs in the rear near the tail that led downstairs.

The figure which emerged was a simple man who seemed extremely slender for his height, weighing in at about 90lb and standing about 5' from the ground. The man was bald but had a long, straight, white beard, which looked like a horse's tail because of the ribbons it was tied with. Dressed in a white robe to match his beard. His skin was like a child's without a single wrinkle yet his voice was mature like that of a middle aged man.

"Oh!" he exclaimed seeing the Learner, "Your not Li! why are you on my sh.." he stopped as he noticed the Artist. "Oh i see." He began to walk toward the Learner keeping his eyes on the Artist. "Is this the Artist?" he ask the Learner in a whisper.

FinsterDieTragik

Your ship?

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:20 pm

"Indeed,she is Artist."Learner replied normally,not seeing a reason to whisper.
"And Li told me this ship was a gift,but..perhaps she simply ment the privilige to learn how it works and the knowledge I will gain from travelling the world with it."he added quickly,not wanting to start an arguement.
"I am Learner,delighted to meet you,but terribly busy.I must ask someone if they will be joining us on our journey,get the weapon designs to Smith,get my books and notes together,so forgive if I am rude."
He said quickly walking towards the lowered wing.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=finsterdietragik@rpgww60462>FinsterDieTragik</A] at: 4/18/04 8:56 pm

sculptor85

Re: Your ship?

Unread postby sculptor85 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:12 pm

On the Vessel

"Ha!" exclaimed the short man as he turned to the Artist. "T'was only stating a minor detail, for without me you can't run this vessel." His words seemed to be ignored as the Learner walked toward the Wanderer.

Quickly he turned and looked at the artist. "It truely has been a while hasn't it." There was a gleam in his eyes, a sudden burnt of flames in his pupils as he smiled.

FinsterDieTragik

Is she hurt

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:28 am

"Hello again,"Learner greeted Wanderer,"This may seem a bit strange,but would you perhaps be heading towards the Mountain Monastary in the near future,and if so would you like to travel with the Artist,myself,and whoever that man is on the vessel-"Learner blinked,noticing the girl for the first time,"Is she hurt? I can show you the way to the Healer."He offered quickly.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Is she hurt

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:20 pm

'I... don't think so.' Wanderer murmured in reply. 'It's wierd... Are you hurt, little one?'

He deliberately avoided answering the Learner's other question for now.

Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit at: 4/19/04 6:23 pm

sculptor85

Re: Is she hurt

Unread postby sculptor85 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:27 pm

On the Vessel

The girls slid off the Wanderers back and simply fell toward the ground. She seemed far more exhuasted than hurt, although the wound his her stomach was still slightly visible. She lightly coughed then her whole body went limp though she was still breathing.

There was something noticably different now. The sounds of battle had died down to silence.

nuklearbobcat

Does she need medication or something?

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:41 pm

The Artist stepped away from the group and looked outward, away from the volcano, and at all of the land spreading out below, stretching farther than she could see on this dark night.

She giggled. "You hear that everyone?" She continued to walk toward a statue in the middle of the town square. The statue was a stony hand with lava flowing from it and pouring into a little pool below, casting light to those all around. She looked straight at the statue, still smiling.

"That's the music of death. So beauiful... all of the souls' Magick being broken apart, withering into the Elements." She waved her hand in many small circles, trailing off. "And then, from there, withering into all things again."

She looked up into the sky. "Much energy has been made today. Many songs have died as well. Yet they all join that one song up there."

FinsterDieTragik

Poetic

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:20 pm

Learner glanced at Artist,and grinned,how poetic.
Turning back to Wanderer and the child,"She doesn't seem to be badly injured,might want to take her to the Healer anyway,just to be safe.Head west of the library,it will be the large building on your left."
Learner's concern diminished,seeing that the girl's injury was mild(in his opinion anyway)and he jogged to his house to get the gauntlet designs for Smith.Content to ask Wanderer to join them again later when an injured child wasn't involved.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Poetic

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:16 am

Wanderer shuddered, the Artist repulsing him.The way she could giggle and talk so lightly of the massacre...

'Come.' He said, picking the girl up once more, this time in his arms, and following the directions to the healers, where he used his foot to bang on the door.

sculptor85

The Healer's 'Medicine'

Unread postby sculptor85 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:26 pm

Inside the Clinic

The walls were made of white marble with hints of red. Adorned with echinacea lining the walls in small pots. There was different table each with a large set of test tubes and chemicals which seemed to simmer slowly above small fires. The fires were emitting from small talismans. The healer came forward dressed in a long black robe with white linings which seemed to drag along the ground. He wore small reading glasses resting on his noticeably large nose. He looked rather young with a full set of well kept hair which came down past his shoulders.

As soon as he saw the child and the exit wound in her back his eyes grew wide and he was at a loss for words.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: The Healer's 'Medicine'

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:51 pm

'Well don't just stand there, do your job!' Wanderer snapped a little more aggressively than he had intended. The events of the day were beginning to wear at his inner reserves of calm and patience.

'My apologies.' He sighed. 'Where should I put her?'

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs