Of Crow Nests and Bounty a-plenty(One Piece Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Elementalist Daien

Re: We shall? ;-;

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:59 am

The blonde girl jumped on the boat, stumbled, and fell, then stood up again, looking embarassed at her clumsiness.

"Oh, um... My name's Maria! Who are you other guys anyway?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: We shall? ;-;

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:09 am

Nine scratched the back of his head, obviously a little embarrassed for Barnac and Leones consideration of him as the leader, especially since he'd never agreed to that part.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Right, the place is a small drydock a bit further down this stretch, you can't miss it.</span>" he said, pointing down the long harbor, "<span style="color:maroon;">Let's hurry Miss Thursday</span>"

Thursday humpfed and shook her head, "<span style="color:teal;">I don't think so,</span>" she said bitterly, "<span style="color:teal;">You might as well go there by yourself, I'm not leaving anywhere after what you put me through.</span>" She sat down and looked away, obviously still a bit angry at him. Nine took on a disappointed look, then sighed and began walking hurriedly, almost jogging down the cobbled street.

Nick Shogun

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:16 pm

The sky man leaned against the ship's railing. Leone watched Nine go and turned to Taki. "Sad situation... you think they're married?"

As the perky devil-fruit girl (of course, this was insane to consider) hopped onboard and greeted the crew, Leone sized her up. Attractive, and... that seemed to be about it. She reminded him of another woman he'd met, who transformed from a very ditzy blue-haired girl to a very angry blonde-haired one when she sneezed...

Edited by: Nick Shogun at: 4/23/04 3:18 pm

JoshuaDurron

Re: ...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:19 am

"Well. Enough chit-chat, maties. Let's get moving! I trust ye kin raise yer own sails, Razzie?" Barnac shot a meaning full look at Raziel, as if to say, it is your ship. "I kin man the rudder easy enough."

And with that, he moved towards the stern, with that objective in mind.

RyuKurai000

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:34 pm

Raziel gave Barnac a thumbs up. "I hope so, after five years of sailing I'd best be able to." He moved over to the single mast his ship had and raised the sail fairly easily. He stuck his finger in his mouth and held it up in the air. Almost immediately he noticed the wind begin to whip up. Heh, excellent. My good karma pays off once again! He thought to himself as he moved to shove the boat off.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Dot Dot Dot - There shall be NO DB reference here! ;)

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:11 pm

The wind slowly grabbed hold of the sails, sending the small and tightly packed boat along the stretch of land, forcing the crew only to steer slightly whenever a larger ship would be in the way, which as a matter of fact was quite often.

Miss Thursday, who had been sitting for herself, looking glum, raised her head after a while and breathed in the salty sea-air, seeming to relax a bit. She was attractive, no doubt about that, but the wrinkles in her face, especially around her eyes, didn't seem to disappear when she relaxed. She seemed troubled by something, perha....

The peace was disturbed by a shriek cut short, Miss Thursday had seen something that had made her scream and only through sheer force of will she'd managed to cover her mouth with her hands. On the horizon, barely visible, was the silhuette of a ship. Those with sharp eyesight could see a small flag waving, a small, black flag.

RyuKurai000

Aw, nuts.

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:50 pm

Raziel turned to look towards Ms. Thursday, who had just covered her mouth with her hands. "What? Did a mouse sneak on board or something?" Raziel asked innocently. He followed her eyes until he spotted the ship's black sail in the distance. "Pirates?" He wondered aloud, turning back to Ms. Thursday. "Hey, pirates are alright folks if you ask me. Some of 'em are a little rough around the edges, but I never met a pirate I couldn't get used to." Raziel actually thought for a moment(!), and then said "...Wait a minute... Please don't tell me these guys are after you?" Raziel put his hand to his forehead. "Ah gheez. Just when I think I'm getting paid off for all the nice things I do for people..."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:06 am

"Don't think they're married, though if they were I'd feel sorry for any kids," Taki rattled off in response to Leone, gripping the railing tightly. While she usually got her sea legs after a bit of travel in open water, it was harder in the type of navigation they were currently doing.

This was before Miss Thursday's shriek, causing Taki to whip her head wildly, one long pigtail flicking into Leone before she gave a quick apology.

"Whassat?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:09 am

Thursday, despite her fair complexion grew quite pale as the ship steadily approached, soon betraying its tremendous size. She gripped the railing until her knuckles grew almost ghost-white and then hissed between clenched teeth:

"<span style="color:teal;">Keep going,</span>" her voice was barely audible, "<span style="color:teal;">They've got no reason to stop us, </span>" she quickly moved over to the small holds, "<span style="color:teal;">Meet up with Mr Nine and tell him Rakame is in the harbor.</span>" she gave the orders with a slightly shaken, but very to-the-fact voice before she disappeared.

Meanwhile, anyone still looking towards the ship could now see the vague outline of a Jolly Roger, this with a pair of what looked like folded fans crossed behind the skull. The ship was big, no doubt about it, probably able to carry around 500 men with no problem, and it was heading towards the harbor with a steady pace.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:33 am

Barnac just kept steering the ship, grinning from the joy of being at sea again. When Ms. Thursday gave her surprised exclaimation, he had jumped a little, but after hearing the information she gave, he nodded. While he wasn't familiar with this particular pirate vessle, having any ship of this size after you would be worrysome...

He put his pistol back in his pocket (no sense appearing hostile) and kept to his rudder.

Nick Shogun

Yessh-o.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:44 pm

Well... Rakame? Raskame? Rooshan? I wasn't listening," Leone admitted finally, to Taki's hat. "Anyway, I'm not a big fan of pirate ships, so yeah, keep this bucket moving." He reopened the book he was reading. The diagram inside looked similar to the boat they were on, only in much better condition, of course.

"Pirates... I'm not a pirate. They can't be after me. But anyone else..." he glanced around the ship. "I don't know. Maybe not just Nine and Thursday... maybe some of the others are hiding secrets. He glanced at Barnac.

RyuKurai000

*cues exposition*

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:38 pm

Raziel checked the mast to make sure it wouldn't need adjusting, then turned to Ms. Thurday. "Look, I don't mean to be rude or anything but you should really tell us about stuff like this. I mean, If we have to fight them, then we should at least know something about them. I'm pretty sure by your reaction and answer that they're after you, so you should really give us some info here. I'll try and get us to the Harbor as fast as possible, but why don't you tell us about these guys en route?" Raziel turned back to the sails again.

Nick Shogun

KICK

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:42 pm

Leone heard Raziel and moved closer. "No, we're NOT going to have to deal with this... we're NOT going to have to fight anyone... ESPECIALLY pirates," he stated, looking at Raziel and Thursday together.

He bent over and stared at Ms. Thursday. "Right?"

Elementalist Daien

Re: KICK

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:28 am

"Uhh...."

The blonde girl peeked up from her place under the deck, and looked confusedly.

"It all turned dark and stuff. What's going on? And what's with the pirates? We're not going to have to fight, right?"

SALSAlys

Re: KICK

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:13 am

Taki shivered, staring at the ship now.

"I'unno, I really don't want to fight, I'm not that much of a fighter, 'swhy I cook— but wouldn't it make sense t'try and learn SOMETHING about whoever's chasing us? And why?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

PUNCH! YOU REMEMBER! CHOP-CHOP MASTER IS BACK FOREVER!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:17 pm

Thursday glared at the back of Raziel and then looked up at Leone,

"<span style="color:teal;">No, we're not going to fight them... which is exactly why I'm trying my best to hide and get away from this island</span>" she frowned, "<span style="color:teal;">Look, this is a bit to complicated to discuss right now, wait until we've picked up Mr Nine and are as far away from that ship as humanly possible.</span>" She looked off against the ship of Rakame and her eyes turned to slits, "<span style="color:teal;">He's a former employee.</span>"

Nick Shogun

Re: PUNCH! YOU REMEMBER! CHOP-CHOP MASTER IS BACK FOREVER!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:35 pm

"A former employee," Leone repeated aloud. "I won't pry furthur. I doubt we're here to fight anyway. We're a crew, you're a customer."

How did we become a crew in the first place? Image

"How long will it take us to reach Nine?" Leone asked, nudging Raziel in the shoulder.

RyuKurai000

Is right port or starboard...?

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Sat May 01, 2004 1:37 pm

Raziel pointed towards the far right of the ship's bow. "I can see it over there," He said. "I think it might take us just a few minutes to get there, so, no worries." Raziel turned to the back of the ship "How long do you think it'll take us to get there, Barnac?" He asked.

Nick Shogun

Who cares? Port is port.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat May 01, 2004 4:41 pm

"I wonder how much we'll get for this heap," Leone said softly. "Raziel, thanks for the books. Very interesting stuff... I never saw so many mechainical books in all my years on my island."

RyuKurai000

And I'll stay like that till we get to port, whatever it is.

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Sun May 02, 2004 4:17 pm

Raziel turned back to Leone. "Well, I guess I do have a lot of books. I couldn't get off my island when I was younger, so I had the pirates and sailors that came in bring me books. I had to pay a lot for 'em though." Raziel stared at the approching port. "Never had to cut down so many trees in my life..." Raziel pulled a small paperback out of his jacket. It looked fairly worn, and on it was written; "Mysteries of the Sea". He leaned up against the mast and removed a small slip of paper he had used as a bookmark, and began to read, checking the sail every so often.

JoshuaDurron

Re: And I'll stay like that till we get to port, whatever it

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon May 03, 2004 4:29 pm

"Uh... depends on the wind... factors like that." Barnac made an educated guess. "Half hour, at the most. I think..."

Nick Shogun

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon May 03, 2004 6:27 pm

"THIRTY MINUTES!" Leone shouted, shocked. "That's... kinda long, don't you think so?"

RyuKurai000

FB on board

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Mon May 03, 2004 9:30 pm

Raziel took a look up from his book for a moment, looking at Leone. "Well, it is usually only me on board, so I guess I'm used to it being faster. Besides," Raziel jerked a thumb over to Hal. "We've got quite a bit extra on board, if you catch my drift." He then stuck his nose back in his book, as it appeared Hal hadn't heard him.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue May 04, 2004 10:26 am

"W-w-w-well, that's just a guess. And, uh, that's the outside guess. Probably, uh... about half that if the wind stays like this."

Nick Shogun

Wind Schmind!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed May 05, 2004 2:31 pm

The wind. Leone remembered it well. He remembered the Sky People... he remembered soaring through the air on his wings, and then gliding down toward the lower islands. He remembered... the betrayals... and then he left, unwilling to remain in such a forsaken land. And he found the island full of people so kind, so accepting... and he was home.

"I hate memories," he sighed, setting his chin on his hand.

RyuKurai000

A real page turner

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Wed May 05, 2004 3:15 pm

Raziel read pretty well, and he was already making mincemeat of this book. He was just about to finish the chapter on the Kraken when... What? A page was ripped out?! Raziel nearly snarled at the book before he caught himself, leaving him with a grimmace that would have probably scared a Leviathan into a minnow. Nothing angered him more than when someone destroyed some perfectly good reading material. No... Page...? He thought to himself ... No... Page...?! this thought repeated several more times until he turned on his heel towards the lower decks. "I'm going below decks." He stated gruffly as he stormed down the steps that led to the hold.

Elementalist Daien

Re: A real page turner

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri May 07, 2004 9:54 am

And on the way down, who should he meet but her? Still young, Maria was just walking around the deck, looking like a moron! Then again, you know that it's common for her to look like a moron.

"Mister Raziel ? What's wrong? You look annoyed. Did Leone beat you at cards?"

RyuKurai000

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:55 am

Raziel tried to stifle his anger with the desicration of reading material at the sight of this young lady. He managed a weak smile, something one might see out of someone who was very tired and had just seen a bed, not what he was going for at all.

"Oh, no, nothing like that, Ma'am. It's just this darn book. It's got a page missin', see?" He pulled the book out of his jacket and pointed at it to illustrate what he was talking about. "I figured that maybe it fell out when it was with all my other books, so I'm going to go and look for it." He put his hand behind his head and scratched it, unsure as of how to break this conversation.

Nick Shogun

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun May 09, 2004 4:14 am

"Wow, what a casanova," Leone thought to himself. He'd never been one for the "women-folk..." Not for relationships, anyway. And NOT based on looks. Too lazy to go to the trouble of winning a girl over.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun May 09, 2004 5:11 pm

"Lost a page, huh? Well, is it that big a deal? I mean, there are a few hundred more in a book, right?"

Whoosh.

"But, well, I'll help you find it then! I don't have anything to do anyway!"

She really should have...

RyuKurai000

*snap*

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Sun May 09, 2004 5:49 pm

"Lost a page, huh? Well, is it that big a deal? I mean, there are a few hundred more in a book, right?"
Raziel's brain could think of several hundred things to say to that, and none of them would have been very nice. He let this woman finish speaking. "But, well, I'll help you find it then! I don't have anything to do anyway!"
"Um, sure, whatever..." Raziel said, the inside of his head still raging with various insults and other things, none of which he would use on a lady. He had been taught to be nice to women, and even if this one was a ditz, he wasn't going to come right out and tell her that. Raziel continued walking down the stairs, mtioning for the young lady to follow.

SALSAlys

Re: *snap*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon May 10, 2004 9:21 am

Taki leaned against the railing, removing her hat and setting it beside her, upturned so that its contents staye in place. With that extra foot of height gone, she seemed even smaller. She shook her head slightly as she overheard the comment about "just one page", and her ponytails spiraled with the motion.

She really had little experience with actually talking to people, since her normal place was in the kitchen where she could shove food down the throats of the crew, but....

She glanced at Raziel, shifting uncomfortably.

"So.... why do you hate memories?"

First question that popped to mind.

Elementalist Daien

Re: *snap*

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon May 10, 2004 10:06 am

"Uh? What? Hate memories? Did you say that? Memories?"

She stared blankly in thin air, then shrugged and looked at Raziel

"You hate memories? Why? I don't have any, myself, so I wouldn't know!"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

And then.... STUFF HAPPENED!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon May 10, 2004 11:05 am

Barnac hadn't been wrong when he said it'd take about thirty minutes to reach the shore... if the wind kept. However, while at first barely noticable, the breeze that had kept their small boat seemed to increase in strength. Soon enough it had reach the point of gale, and still growing.

Dark clouds on the sky hinted of a storm approaching from the east horizon, trailing after the ship of Rakame like an ill-fated omen. The wind smashed itself against the sails of the small boat, threatening to rip them apart as rain began to hail down upon the passengers, soon making those on deck soaking wet and quickly filling up the already overloaded ship with water, adding extra-weight and pushing it even deeper into the ocean. If allowed to continue this would certainly send the small boat down to the bottom of the ocean within a minute, all the while the pirate ship approached faster and faster.

Thursday had come up on deck again and her already pale face seemed almost ghostly white as she stared at the approaching ship, biting her lower lip in frustration and fear, rain smattering against her face. The dark clouds were now over the entire city, booms of thunder rolling in the distance, lightning cutting the sky in two.

The boat would make it into harbor soon, but the much larger ship of Rakame would join them mere minutes afterwards. One could only hope Nine had finished the dealing...

RyuKurai000

Re: And then.... STUFF HAPPENED!

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Mon May 10, 2004 12:42 pm

Raziel continued his search through the sea of books belowdecks, with this un named woman beside him. She wore the same clothes as Grandma wore, but was clearly a lot younger... And a lot ditzier. "What's your name, miss?" Raziel said as the ship rocked forwards, nearly sending him into the bulkhead. He stopped himself with his hands before he bashed into it, and then noticed the books sliding to his side of the hold. %#&^! He said mentally. He'd have to start over...

Nick Shogun

STUFF?! NOOOOO!!!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon May 10, 2004 7:48 pm

"I believe her name is Maria," stated Leone as he joined Raziel and the young lady below deck. His wings were dripping. "It's raining outside. Nasty weather, really."

JoshuaDurron

'Tis a true gale, maties...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon May 10, 2004 8:08 pm

Barnac stayed by the rudder, really with little choice now. Hanging on for dear life, he called out to Ms. Thrusday, "Do you think we'll be able to get our new ship before the other ship arrives?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: 'Tis a true gale, maties...

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue May 11, 2004 4:08 pm

Thursday didn't reply at first, then she waved it off, "<span style="color:teal;">Mr Nine might be the most incompetent, idiotic slimeball I've ever worked with, but with these kind of dealings I'd put my life in his hands...</span>" She grinned slightly while shielding her eyes with her hands, "<span style="color:teal;">Of course, there are always other ways to get ahold of a ship...</span>"

RyuKurai000

Success!

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Wed May 12, 2004 1:38 pm

Raziel continued to root through the pile of books. He grumbled to himself, almost not believing his rotten luck. But then he remembered that it was always like this. He had to expect the worst because of his "Karma Needle". He only wished he could turn it off for a second, and just turn it on again before he fought someone. A piece of paper caught his eye. He grabbed it, looking at it closely. "Yes! I found it!" He said a little too exitedly.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Success!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed May 12, 2004 4:17 pm

Barnac nodded nervously. "Yes. I guess as much as we're flouting the law, stealing wouldn't hurt any..." But he didn't sound terribly sure of himself.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs