Of Crow Nests and Bounty a-plenty(One Piece Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Nick Shogun

Hidden in the background.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:26 am

Leone had managed to be in the back of the group, hidden behind Taki, Raziel, and the others. He held the wrench wearliy, as one might handle something he knew he shouldn't be holding.

I've never been in a fight before, he thought. Maybe this isn't too smart.

But they were pirates. He'd heard stories. Evil... murdering... devils of the sea. And these people surrounding him seemed better. Maybe not. Maybe Nine and Thursday had done something horrible and only seemed good. Leone felt like a good judge of character, though.

He wanted to act, but couldn't. He could only wait. The anxiety froze him in his tracks.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:40 am

The rain smattered against the ship and its passengers, thunder striking in the distance and sounds of explosions from the city, whatever Nine and Thursday meant for this Rakame, Rackam, whatever his name was, he was more than willing to attack one of the most fortified islands in the world to get it. Roguetown served as the last stop for ALL sailors who wanted to enter the Grand Line, and the marine was stronger here than on many other places...

The sound of Barnacs' gun firing was drowned in the storm, but the effect of it was clear, the pirate leader Tom didn't even react as the bullet lodged itself in his brain, sending him tumbling to the deck, his arms and legs limp as his blade flew out of his hand, landing next to him.

Shortly afterwards, Raziel yelled his cry and smashed his hand down into the deck, the tough wood bending a bit but not breaking. The effect he wanted didn't come, however, as the ship was already rocking from the waves and these pirates seemed used to a bumpy ride.

For a while, the four remaining pirates stared at the dead body of their leader, but then they returned their glare at the crew, vary now, realizing that this rag-tag group of "sailors" were a lot more dangerous than they had first thought... Seaweed grinned bitterly as he pulled out his other hatchet, one in each hand now as he moved closer, "<span style="color:fuchsia;">´m gonna make youuu regreh tha´ you little bug.</span>" He suddenly began to move quicker, rushing towards Barnac as the gunman pocketed his still smoking piece, taking up his rifle instead. There wasn't a trace of doubt or fear in the eyes of these bloodthirsty rogues...

The other three slowly approached a crew-member each, licking their lips in anticipation as they moved closer...

-={ Taki }=-

The pirate that approached the short chef was quite muscular, his jaw broad and set and a large scar running across his face, over his left eye which was milky white, the pupil barely visible. The man grinned as he moved in to strike against her with his blade, knowing that this little girl would prove no match against him.

-={ Leone }=-

A short, stout man moved closer to the winged mechanic, aware of the large wrench and his own, pretty short saber. His pretty round body wore the familiar, striped shirt and the loose pants, a scarf tied around his enormous waist, deep red in color, two guns fastened in it.

He wavered his blade a bit, testing Leone, trying a smile.

-={ Raziel }=-

The one who approached Raziel was the strangest of the lot, dressed in a pair of tight pants (a little too tight perhaps... Image ), bright green in color, and a vest in a stark contrast, being almost painfully pink. In difference to his clothing, his body had a rough, worn look, his face wearing grim resolve as he slowly circled around Raziel, waving his sword menacingly in front of him.

-={ Maria }=-

No one really seemed to pay Maria any attention, which was pretty good, since she barely did the same. Things were happening so quick, one moment they were all sailing away, then they stopped, then they sailed again and then there's a bunch of other people on board too!

Looking around, Maria noticed how a thick fog was making its way through the town... It looked like a cloud, being completely white and almost impossible to see through, but a cloud moving this fast? Hmmm, that's pretty weird.

Even stranger, the cloud seemed to be moving towards them, or rather, the place they'd been docked at before.

((OOC - I'm just waiting for someone to ask Raziel "Your ship?" :P))

Nick Shogun

Is 'smattered' a real word?

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:41 am

Leone glanced wearily at the pirate in front of him, then back down at the crescent wrench. His hair, which was usually spiky, was matted on his forehead. His goggles were down over his eyes, streaked with rainwater.

The pirate had a saber, two guns, and surely way more experience at fighting than Leone ever had. A wrench? Where was the tactical advantage to that, he wondered.

In a sudden impulse of brain movement, in which the Brain failed to make use of its vast awareness and Common Sense, Leone hefted the crescent wrench over his head and dashed forward, bringing it down toward the pirate's head.

JoshuaDurron

It is now! =D

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:48 pm

"Aw, come on... you wouldn't hit someone wearing glasses would you?"

The tail end of Barnac's sarcastic remark was punctuated with a grunt as the thin young man spun on one heel and swept the stock of his rifle towards his opponet's head. Right now, he was not in the mood to play games.

The marine, AND pirates. Good lord, what have I gotten myself into?

SALSAlys

Taki's a damsel in distress. T_T

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:05 am

Taki yelped, raising her ladle hastily as she twisted to the side, hoping to deflect or dodge most of the pirate's blow. Her hat teetered dangerously on her head as she did so, but managed to stay on— though barely.

"Pick on someone your OWN size!" she yelped.

RyuKurai000

Is Raziel facing a damsel?

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:23 am

Raziel stared at the enemy in front of him. He'd gotten, well, the oddest of the lot. "Where have I seen you before?" He said, getting out of his fighting stance and pointing a finger at his opponent, but staying on his toes, ready to dodge an oncomming attack. "Oh! I know! you're one of those clowns from the circus, aren't you? Are you going to juggle for me or something?" Raziel said, slipping his other hand into his coat pocket and whipping out his gloves. He slid one onto each hand with liquid speed, and took on a back stance that would let him skip backwards if he needed to to evade the sword, but so that he would also be able to spring forwards if he needed to. "Let's see what tricks you've got to show me, besides your horrible fashion sense!"

Elementalist Daien

Re: Is Raziel facing a damsel?

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:49 am

Confused, Maria looks around. She feels like she should draw the sword, so she does, then looks around. Are they fighting? And what's that mist?

"Heey... What ... Is... That mist...? And..."

Jeez. Won't things slow down a little?

"Uhhh..." She moved towards the others. Maybe she had to fight. And she didn't like to fight. But the mist may be more dangerous...

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Smattered = rain sounding like machine-gun fire, Swedish. :3

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:21 am

((OOC - And naturally I forgot to put out the order of actions... :{

Also, attack of the hard-to-read font! :D))

In the blink of an eye the ship had turned into a battlefield as the four pirates approached their targets, the raging storm around them sweeping their boat from side to side.

-={Leone}=-
Scarf hadn't expected Leone to burst towards him, so instead of blocking the clumsily executed attack with a sword and retaliate, he jumped away, almost losing his balance as the ship made a sharp turn in the waves. He wavered his arms about, trying to regain his balance, dropping his attention from Leone for just a moment.

-={Barnac}=-
Seaweed grinned madly as he approached Barnac. The stock came with a surprising speed, but to Barnacs surprise the man ducked underneath the approaching rifle, swiping in a low angle with one of his axes. Barnac managed to skip away, the blade of the hatchet nearly cutting a hole in his pants.

The mangy pirate got up quickly and stared at Barnac, his grin never fading. "<span style="color:fuchsia;">You´turn, four-eyes...</span>"

-={Taki}=-
Scar-Eye struck a blow against the ladle, his blade hitting it from the side but sliding off without harming the tool. The half-blind man grunted as he heard her comment.

"<span style="color:lime;">Just shut up and die already, damn cook.</span>" he muttered.

-={Raziel}=-
The "Clown", as Raziel had so gracefully put it, displayed no emotion by the taunting, instead keeping his distance, his sword not wavering the slightest.

"<span style="color:green;">I hope you're as good as you think you are, kid, because when I'm finished with you you're not going to be able to wear those cute little gloves of yours anymore.</span>"

-={Maria}=-
Maria approached the fighters varily, her sword wavering a bit in her hand as she pondered what to do. In a brief glance back at the mist she saw what looked like a man in it, but her attention turned back to the pirates fighting her friends down there.

What to do, what to do...

"<span style="color:orange;">Hey... uhh... miss...</span>" the owner said to Maria, hoping to get her attention, "<span style="color:orange;">I-I don't want to be a part of this! Please tell that Nine fellow that the deal is out!</span>"

Order of Action
- Leone
Raziel
Taki
Barnac
Seaweed
Clown
Scarf
Scar-Eye
Maria

Leone's up.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=christianc>ChristianC</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/13/04 9:23 am

Nick Shogun

Oooh... like, he's got Moxy!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:22 pm

Leone stumbled on the swaying deck, slipping on the water pooling around his feet. Sandals weren't ideal 'rainwear attire.' The wrench was slick in his hands. Being metal, cold, and wet, he had a hard time keeping hold of it.

He had watched Raziel dance around the deck for a moment, and the sight of it stupifyed him. "RAZIEL! MAYBE YOU SHOULD HIT THE GUY!!!" he shouted irritably.

The rain was covering his goggles, so he quickly pulled them off his eyes, revealing a pair of thin, sharp blue pupils. They bore into the pirate's skull like drills. Leone usually avoided taking off the goggles, because sunlight really hurt his eyes, but the rain made it impossible to keep them on.

"Okay, fella," Leone muttered under his breath, "lessee you dodge this."

He ran forward, sandals thudding on the slippery deck, and swung his right arm straight in front of him, crescent wrench extended. He was aiming for the pirates belly, and praying he made contact.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

COMPLETELY OOC FOR YOUR NEEDS! :{{{

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:19 pm

((OOC - Damn, I haven't been handling this well. ;.;

Okay, a little more descriptive, I'm not going to post what happens until it's one of my characters' turn to do an action... perhaps I should have mentioned this. That means that after Nick has done his post, which he have, it's RyuKari, Lys, Josh and THEN me. :o I really suck at this, *mental note* even less fighting in the future *mental note* ))

RyuKurai000

Re: COMPLETELY OOC FOR YOUR NEEDS! :{{{

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:44 pm

(ooc: sorry about not posting! FFXI swallowed my soul. Damn black mages for being cool!)

Raziel laughed out loud at his opponent. "Just be happy I don't have my war claws on me. If I used those you wouldn't have a life left to speak of. Just put the sword down, and you won't get hurt, I promise." Raziel said, still in his fighting stance.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ryukurai000>RyuKurai000</A] at: 6/19/04 9:08 pm

SALSAlys

OUR NEEDS!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:24 am

Taki had the slight urge to whimper, but it was slight. Very slight.

Having no snappy response for her adversary, she instead kept her eyes fixed on his hand with the sword, strangely mesmerized by the blade. She had certainly seen fighting before, and taken part in it, but that hadn't been on... such a personal note. Mainly she had been overlooked or regarded as a lesser threat than other crew members, due to her status as cook.

And she continued backpedaling.

JoshuaDurron

Re: OUR NEEDS!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:57 pm

Barnac, probably the most professional in the crew, sighed and finished rolling his rifle around to bring it's barrel to bear on his opponet and fired it one handed. While it was easy enough to do with a sawed off shotgun, such things were unknown to Barnac, and as it was, he was partially relying on his sticking to the gun to keep it aimed.

Previous

Return to Other RPs