Starfall

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
ArgusDevilmen

Re: *wuvvled and is happy*

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:14 pm

Kyoko put her hands behind her head, letting the water in the go. She then glanced over at Candice and Tanake, My my... guess someones a official couple now. She smiled a bit before looking to the priest. She removed her hands from behind her head and started to signal out, 'Is something wrong?'.

SALSAlys

THIS WILL NOT DIE.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:22 pm

(OOC note: I am terribly sorry about this. I originally had this grand sweeping epic RP planned, and it appears to have... um, fizzled? If nothing else, I at least want this to finish to a somewhat lurching close. >.<; Again, terribly sorry, but I WILL be trying to get this to continue.)

Eventually the crew regrouped outside.

Candice still had the images that the goddess had given them fresh within her mind, and Eduardo appeared in good spirits; he reported that while he had found very little information about the actual journey, he was able to garner some advice about coping with the region.

Jenni was quieter than usual, and discreetly placed so that Eduardo was between herself and Calvin. Calvin, though, was as chill and remote-looking as ever. Whatever tension there might have been, Jenni seemed more affected by it than the man.

Derrik also had the promise of the Myrmian woman, whom had eventually introduced herself as Foam, that she would have the map copied for him the next day.

Tanake had already had Jenni, Eduardo, and Calvin speak their piece, and Kyoko and Candice could see that she wanted to gather what the other groups had learned as well before talking about what had happened in the temple.

With that in mind, the captain turned to Derrik.

"Have you found anything?"

JoshuaDurron

Re: THIS WILL NOT DIE.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:37 pm

Derrik nodded. "There seems to be a place where the 'gods' are supposedly to have left the planet. It's located to the north of here, a woman by the name of Foam has promissed to bring a map. I think it's a good place to start looking, at the least."

SALSAlys

Woot, this WILL move. LIVE!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:52 pm

Tanake nodded, looking momentarily pensive before she continued.

"That seems to correlate with what we have also found at the temple. As to whether this is a hologram—" The captain broke off, then shook her head. "It fit nothing within my own experience, and Candice and Kyoko can vouch for me. This— 'goddess', for lack of a better term, communicated with us, and gave us directions similar to Derrik's, about a place to the north."

"Right. Let's assume you're right about this—" Calvin broke in, voice harsh though his face was impassive. "What the hell's this goddess' stake in this? You normally chat up the local deities?"

"Survival," Tanake said cuttingly. "Apparently, we were caught in the line of fire between the gods and the demons."

Jenni winced perceptibly at that, causing Eduardo to glance at her curiously.

"So they're helping us get back home out of the goodness of their hearts? Bullshit. Whatever they really are, they want something," added Calvin.

"She wasn't pushy about it. Didn't ask for help— although she mentioned that if the gods lost here, then it could be our duty to warn other worlds, since the demons would then likely expand. Also warned us against joining them, but if we DID join, I don't think she'd be unhappy. Just my own opinion, of course. She also mentioned that our equipment is unfamiliar to this world, so could give us an advantage."

"Are we going to help them?" asked Jenni quietly, twisting a strand of her hair tightly between her fingers.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Woot, this WILL move. LIVE!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:15 pm

'I, for one, don't want this world to be overrun by daemons.' Candice responded emphatically. 'If I can help I will do so, whether you lot do or not.'

SALSAlys

YAY!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:45 pm

"No. Our first goal is to get off this planet," Calvin growled. "Even if you break off, it's the duty of our captain to ensure that we reach home."

"But shouldn't we help the people here, at least...?" whispered Jenni, eyes on the ground near Eduardo's wheelchair. Her fingers were tightly clasped.

"Right. Let's assume this isn't some trick or delusion. Apparently we were still warned off, so we can warn others. Don't you think we owe it to our own kind to give them some kind of fucking warning?" he spat.

Philipe then spoke up, with his thick French accent.

"What if we split into two groups? One group staying to help, the other going to warn other humans? Still, of course, assuming this isn't a trick," he added, with a slightly apologetic bow to Tanake and Candice.

"It wouldn't be wise to divide ourselves here," said Eduardo quietly, fingers grazing the rims of the wheels on his wheelchair. "We have already members of our crew, and if we are further split—"

"I don't have any problems with that," Calvin protested. "I wouldn't mind too much if this group broke up. Who's with me?" he added defiantly.

ArgusDevilmen

Re: YAY!

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:13 pm

Kyoko slowly shrugged. "I don't know, I will stick with Ake-chan's choice. I trust her judgement." She blew a strand of red hair from her face as she waited for the remaining members to make up their minds.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:41 pm

'You know where I stand.' Said Candice, glaring coolly at Calvin. 'I don't care if the rest of you are with me or not.'

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:23 am

Derrik considered slowly and carefully. No matter how he looked at the situation, he could only think of one honest, responsible answer he could make. "Captain, with all due respect, I don't think seperating is a good idea. And I also think your judgement on this matter may be tainted by... personal concerns. Still, you're the most capable to make the decision. If you think we should split, I'll go with the group that looks for the ship. They'll need someone to fix it. We'll try and come back for you as soon as possible."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:50 am

Candice rolled her eyes exasperatedly.

'I never said anything about splitting up in the first place. Just that I was going to help if I could.'

SALSAlys

Yay, this is alive!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:40 pm

"As has already been stated, we should be staying together. Strength in numbers and all that, corny as it may sound," spoke Tanake.

Calvin looked up at her challengingly, his icy blue eyes meeting her dark ones with an almost invisible spark, but he was the one who turned aside first, with a snort.

"Fine, then. As long as you keep this on track so we get home, not worrying so much about their damn gods."

Tanake rolled her eyes, but nodded slightly.

"We'll spend a bit more time here to get more information about the trip, and get any supplies we'll need, then try to set off."

Sylavi emerged from the stairs, then, and informed them that the temple of Tristian would be taking them in for the night, and somewhat regretfully that she would also be unable to continue with them farther on their journey, as she had other duties. Calvin just snorted slightly, muttering something under his breath to the effect of "No great loss."

Sylavi guided them down the stairs again, then through the town towards a building of structured sand, so smoothly joined or melded so that it had a reflective gloss to it, which reflected the lights of torches inside. Their accomodations weren't spacious, apparently for the use of acolytes, and were arranged so that there were two beds per room. However, they seemed comfortable enough for the duration of their stay.

Though evening now, some glowing crystals were being set up in outside, so that the crew could explore if they wished after deciding who were to share which rooms. Phillipe and Edmund made their choices quickly, the scout dropping off his supplies in the same room as Phillipe before they darted out to explore the city.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Yay, this is alive!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:28 pm

Candice simply assumed that she would be sharing with Tanake, and deposited her belongings in whichever room the Captain chose.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:13 pm

Kyoko looked about the room she walked into after seeing who the others had paired up with. "Well I guess I can handle sharing a room. No big deal." She sat down on the bed quietly, gently propping her bag up against the wall by her bed. "So if Ake-chan and Candice are sharing... And the other two boys are sharing... I guess Derrik will be with me." She didn't mind sharing the room with a guy, Derrik didn't seem like the kind of person to do anything.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:07 pm

Derrik arrived in his room a short time, later. He flopped down on the bed across from Kyoko and stared at the ceiling for a moment or two, then asked the question that was on his mind at the moment. "If we find it, do you think you'll be able to fly it?"

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:56 am

"Well if its anything at all like some sort of ship from back home, I should." Kyoko then paused for a moment, "Although if it's not, I can try my best!" She chuckled after saying this, as it was true. If she didn't, she would have to try anyway. She liked it here, but it wasn't home...

SALSAlys

KEEP IT MOVING!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:18 pm

Tanake settled into the room with Candice, then cocked her head to one side, looking at the scout. She grazed her thumb over the stud earrings she wore before speaking.

"What do you think about the— debate, we had with Calvin?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: KEEP IT MOVING!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:03 pm

Candice shrugged.

'I want to help out if I can. Truth be told I'm not sure I want to leave anyway, not yet. If you all want to go...' She frowned. 'I'll make that decision when the time comes...'

SALSAlys

Please don't die.... *whimpers*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:29 am

A fragment of sound reached Kyoko and Derrik's ears inside their room at the temple— a throbbing, pulsing beat, like a heart, but with a percussive sound like crashing waves, making a song that was all beat and rhythm, seeming to come from outside.

Tanake raised her arm, giving Candice an embrace.

"If you feel that way about it— you know your own mind and heart best. Though you know where I'd prefer you to be," the captain said softly. Then she tilted her head slightly, catching the percussive rhythm.

Teh Kev

*Huggles Lys* I won't let it die! :{{

Unread postby Teh Kev » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:26 pm

Kyoko sat up slowly rubbing her eyes a bit. "Hmm...? Do you hear something Derrik?" She turned a bit and stood up. "I think I will go see what the noise is..." She peeked out of their room and listened carefully for the sound and started to follow it.

JoshuaDurron

CLEAR! ::presses paddles to RP's chest::

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:15 pm

Derrik stood up quickly. "Hey, Kyoko, we shouldn't split up." Reluctantly, he followed the pilot along, not really interested in what was going on, but more concerned about keeping track of what was left of the crew.

SALSAlys

SHOCK THERAPY?!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:07 am

By following it, Kyoko and Derrik found themselves in the open-air market again— though in a section they hadn't previously noticed before, a cleared square amidst the stalls. Myrmian drummers pounded on skins stretched taut over wooden frames, while other musicians shook rough instruments seeming to be made of metallic layers, which crashed against eachother for the wave effect.

In the middle of the musicians, two Myrmians danced. One was male, the other female, though both of them wore their hair long, hair so dark green it seemed nearly black, while their skins glinted silver in the light of the illuminating gems. Their limbs and hair swirled in a dance that was both liquid and dynamic, and they wore clothing which seemed artfully patterned to resemble seaweed. They seemed popular, and the crowd cheered them with laughter and smiles, clapping to the beat of the dance.

Out of the corner of her eye, Kyoko could see Jenni, the nurse looking almost wraith-like in the midst of the exuberant Myrmians, and watching the dancers with rapt fascination.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

No, just a booster.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:54 pm

'I know.' Candice replied, and fell silent. Either she hadn't heard the drumming or just wan't that interested in nosing around to find the source. Probably the latter.

Teh Kev

Short and sweet posts. :{{

Unread postby Teh Kev » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:47 pm

Kyoko looked over to Jenni, slowly creeping over. She quietly say down by her, looking at the dancing Myrmians. "So what are you doing out here? Just watching?"

SALSAlys

Re: Short and sweet posts. :{{

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:53 am

Jenni gave a slight start, as she hadn't noticed Kyoko until the pilot spoke.

"Oh— yes. I just heard the music, then— well, they're interesting. I don't know if it's a demonstration or ceremony, or maybe just a celebration of something.... I like watching them, though. What brought you here?"

Teh Kev

Unread postby Teh Kev » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:12 am

"Curiousity I suppose." She smiled and let out a chuckle as she looked at Jenni, then the dancers again. "If I had to guess it looks like a celebration, but I couldn't possible guess what it could be of."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:45 am

"Maybe. Maybe there doesn't need to be a special reason— just for joy," said Jenni softly, gaze wandering over the dancers again. Without seeming to be aware of it, her face was now distant, eyes glistening in the light cast by the illuminating gems.

Teh Kev

Unread postby Teh Kev » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:33 pm

"Joy you say..?" Kyoko watched them dance not nearly as into it as Jenni was. "Well they dance well to say the least..." She let out a quiet sigh before wondering what they were going to find tomorrow.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:56 pm

Derrik watched the dance as if hypnotized, slowly swaying with the music, clearly unaware that he was doing it. Suddenly, with Kyoko's audible wondering, he jerked back to himself. "Shouldn't we get some sleep?" He asked quietly. "We have a long day ahead." His expresion clearly said he'd rather stay, but he seemed to also suffer from the need to be pratical.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:21 pm

"...we should," Jenni agreed reluctantly. "Even if it's better to follow dreams," she added softly, watching the dancers again before shaking her head slightly. "Sorry— quote I read somewhere." Her expression was still somewhat distant, and she began wandering back to the temple.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:44 pm

Derrik shot Kyoko a look, one eyebrow quirked, as if to say, "What was that?"

Teh Kev

Unread postby Teh Kev » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:38 pm

Kyoko stood and and gave off a quick shrug. "Not sure. Maybe she wanted to be a dancer when she was a kid?" With her guess stated, Kyoko headed back inside the temple as well.

Edited by: Teh Kev&nbsp; Image at: 12/5/03 6:39 pm

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:53 am

Derrik scratched at his beard in confusion. Jenni had been showing an odd affection for the local culture ever since they had arrived. It was... unusual, but he couldn't say he blamed her. For a moment, he wondered if they were really better off trying to leave the world.

Then he remembered the warning Candice had brought back, and the disturbing dreams he had had. No, leaving was their best bet. He just hoped everyone would realize that.

With a sigh, he turned and walked slowly back towards the temple to get some sleep.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:24 pm

Sleep came easily to all the members of the crew.

Candice had no dreams troubling her that night, though the same couldn't be said for Derrik.

The woman with the bloody fangs smiled at him, still no words, then she held her hands out to him, cupping a small amount of crystalline water which reddened to blood before she smeared it gently across his chest.

"You are going north, yes...? Take no part in the conflict of the gods— do you truly expect such as they to truly care about you? I offer you sanctuary, if you'll accept it. Just talk with THIS member of your party..." she whispered, speaking for the first time. Her voice was like honey and fire, exotic spices transmuted into sound before her features shifted, becoming more delicate, with rounded ears. Her hair paled to soft gold, with the eyes a muted green...

In short, an exact copy of Jenni, save for one detail; Jennivere usually wore clothing.

"Talk to her," the woman said softly again, indicating the current body she had shaped. Then she reached for him, and the dream ended as it had in previous nights, though now it was Jenni's body...

Thus, the night passed.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:26 am

Come the dawn, Derrik arose and went to visit a certain female member of the crew. It wasn't Jenni, however, but the captain. He knocked on the door, and called out, softly, as he did, "Captain, can I talk to you for a moment?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Just because I got here before Lyssy

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:35 pm

Derrik heard the sound of movement from within the room and then the door opened, directed as it was in this movement by Candice, who was dressed this morning in a black silk slip and not much (read: nothing) in the way of anything else.

The scout stifled a yawn.

'What is it...?'

Teh Kev

Unread postby Teh Kev » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:39 pm

Kyoko let out a yawn as she sat up in her bed. She shot a glance over at the bed where Derrik was and noted it was empty. Another yawn escaped her lips before sliding out of her bed, and then throwing on her clothes. "Aiyah.... another new day on a strange planet..." She left her bag in the room, as she was sure they weren't going to be leaving right away. Kyoko then proceeded to walk along the temple halls a bit before spotting Derrik. She sneaked up on him quietly until she noted a certain scout, or more so what she wore.

"Oh.... It looks like someone was frisky last night..." The pilot commented from behind Derrik.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:30 pm

"Erhm..." Derrik cleared his throat a bit when he noticed how Candice was dressed, and then said, "There's a few things I want to work out with the Captain... uh, if she's awake and thinking, that is..."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

:D

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:21 pm

'Okay, hang on a second.' Candice responded, partially closing the door.

'Tanake, honey, Derrik wants to talk to you.'

SALSAlys

Yay for scarring the rest of the crew!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:50 pm

Tanake pushed herself off the bed, and felt about for the loose, slightly oversized shirt that she normally used as a nightshirt, since it covered her down to midthigh, and buttoned it up quickly, fumbling a bit.

"Didn't scandalize them too much, did you love?" the captain asked softly, an eyebrow slightly cocked before she pulled on a pair of pants, almost hopping into them before she reached the door.

"I'm awake, and I assume I'm thinking... what do you need?" she asked.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Yay for scarring the rest of the crew!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:28 pm

Derrik folded his arms over his chest, a tad bemused, and said, "I'd like to talk over some of the details of our journey with you, if you don't mind..."

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs