Starfall

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
SALSAlys

>.> <.< *thwaps self for not posting*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:49 pm

"Not at all," Tanake replied, adjusting her shirt. "What specifically?"

JoshuaDurron

Re: >.> <.< *thwaps self for not posting*

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:52 pm

"I'm beginning to wonder if it's a good idea. You see..." Derrik went on to explain (briefly) the nature of the dreams he had been having over the past few weeks. "I didn't want to bring it up before because I wasn't sure it wasn't just some sort of nightmare brought on by the strange environment. But now, I'm pretty sure the woman who's been... well, 'visiting' me says Jenni knows something about what's going on. And she has been acting strangely since we landed. Quite frankly, I don't trust myself to judge the situation objectively anymore, and I'm not sure we can trust Jenni either. If nothing else, I think you should talk with Jenni. Ask her about it."

SALSAlys

I FINALLY get back to this. Bad me. <.<;

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:26 pm

"Will do, then," Tanake said, eyebrows slightly furrowed. "There wasn't anything else mentioned in your dreams?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: I FINALLY get back to this. Bad me. <.<;

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:54 pm

Candice, meanwhile, was half listening to the conversation as she changed into her jumpsuit. It was interesting to learn she hadn't been the only one having odd dreams.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:42 pm

Derrik shook his head. "Nothing else I can think of, ma'am."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:36 pm

Tanake nodded, then glanced back in at Candice.

"I'll deal with Jenni later. Thank you for bringing it up, though," she said, shutting the door again.

The rest of the members of the crew were starting to wake up by now, and in a few moments were gathered in the main room of the fire god's temple, though Jennivere and Calvin were conspicuously absent.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:33 pm

Candice stood with an arm around Tanake, waiting for the missing crew members.

'What do you think's keeping them?'

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:54 pm

Eduardo rested his palms on the rims of his wheelchair, glancing about the congregated crew.

"Calvin woke up earlier, and said he was going out for a walk along the shore," he offered. "Jenni may have done the same."

Teh Kev

Unread postby Teh Kev » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:03 pm

Kyoko stood to the side of the group her bag slung over shoulder, her precious baby inside. Not having anything to comment, she simply stood there.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:15 pm

Tanake nodded at Eduardo's suggestion.

"Eduardo, you can stay with Philipe and Edmund here, in case they return before too long. Kyoko, you can look in the marketplace with Derrik for them. Candice and I can check the beach," she concluded. "We can meet back here once we find them, or after an hour of searching."

As Tanake finished her orders, Derrik could see the troubling face of the woman from his dreams over hers for a moment, then the image drifted off like smoke, beckoning to him with a sense of urgency.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Bloody 'eck

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:56 pm

Candice waited for Tanake to take the lead. It was of course her instinct to get on with it as soon as the order was given, but she was supposed to be working with the Captain, not leaving her in the dust.

SALSAlys

Holy bleep this has lost many people.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:53 pm

And to the beach did Tanake march! With Candice in tow, presumably!

The beach was occupied by many Myrmians, and Eyallans to a lesser extent. A water mage was shaping the foam on the water into fanciful images and designs to the delight of a small group of children. There were many footprints in the sand; most barefooted, but two sets, walking side by side, caught Candice's attention; one small and bare, the other with boot marks.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Holy bleep this has lost many people.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:05 pm

'Captain.' Candice said, gesturing to the prints. She then followed them along the beach, as you do when you're tracking people! Yes sirree.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:40 pm

And the tracking's successful, apparently!

Or at least they followed the trail to where it went into a cave in the side of the cliff. Just outside the entrance, they could see where the prints were slightly scuffed and shuffled about— either an animated discussion or argument, or a fight. Then into the cave.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:48 pm

Candice explained this to Tanake in case she couldn't read the signs herself.

'Think we should follow?'

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:02 pm

Tanake nodded slightly, and began moving in quietly.

They could hear the cave walls reflecting the sounds they made slightly, and further ahead there was a crackling sound, and the murmur of voices.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:21 pm

Candice signalled "Fire" in the myrmian sign language, though it was intended more as a question than a statement. A fire would explain the crackling sound, anyway.

She then signalled "What should we do?" and waited for a response.

Teh Kev

Unread postby Teh Kev » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:38 am

Kyoko looked to Derrik and raised a eyebrow, "So shall we get going then? We don't have all day." With said comment she started walking out towards the market place.

JoshuaDurron

Re: .....

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:20 pm

Derrik, who had been lost in thought for longer than was healthy, started and hurried after Kyoko. "Do you think this may have something to do with the dancing last night?"

Teh Kev

Re: .....

Unread postby Teh Kev » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:05 am

Kyoko shrugged slightly. "I'm not sure. Its possible I suppose. She did seem to be a trance or something."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:46 pm

Tanake signalled back "Continue". She was tensed, and as they approached the murmuring and crackling, they could see the ruddy light of the fire dancing in the distance. The voices were much more distinct now, and recognizable as belonging to both Jenni and Calvin.

"But the dreams—" That was Jenni's, sounding frightened and agitated.

"Damn the dreams! They're a way home!" Calvin's voice sounded harsher than usual.

"Mine aren't like yours! She scares—"

"DAMN YOU, JENNI! If you'd just stop being so SCARED—"

A slamming sound, like a small body being lifted up and thrown.

Calvin's voice came again, immediately apologetic, the harshness gone from it.

"Shit... Jenni, Jenni, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

Jenni made no reply, though there was a whimpering noise.

"...fine, I'll wait then. I'm really sorry, Jenni-doll. But we're the only ones."

As Derrik and Kyoko went to the marketplace, they could see that it was still busy, even if not as crowded as it was the previous night.

The area that the dancers had performed was empty now, save for a small pot from which fragrant steam rose. Near it, a small, elderly Eyallan man with delicate, smooth green skin was starting to set out a display of necklaces.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:09 pm

Candice had stormed up to the fire before Calvin had finished talking, eyes flashing angrily, his obvious ill treatment of Jenni stirring emotion within her.

'The only ones, Calvin? The only ones what, exactly? I can assure you you're not the only ones to experience dreams here.'

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Excitement! Rage! Passion! ...um, STUFF!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:31 pm

Candice also had her own, lighter stunner on her - the most powerful gun among the crew, save for Kyoko's "baby", since her job put her in the most danger, and she raised it level with Calvin's chest.

'Oh really, Calvin. Seems to me you've dreamt about someone who's offered you power, and you've accepted the deal, right? That explains the stunner. Well guess what, you're dealing with one of the daemons we've been told about. How do you feel about that?'

Though Candice didn't know if her stunner would have any more effect than the Captain's, she did know that Calvin should be aware that it was more powerful. Hopefully he wasn't as sure of his invulnerability to it as he was Tanake's.

Her spare hand was behind her back, signalling to the Captain.

When I signal. Both together.

It was the best she could do, and she hoped the message would be clear enough.

Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit at: 2/4/04 5:20 pm

SALSAlys

Excitement! Rage! Passion! ...um, STUFF!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:47 pm

When Candice marched ahead, she found Calvin standing over Jenni's body, the nurse still whimpering softly. He spun angrily as he heard her voice.

"The only ones who can actually help ourselves out of this damn mess!" he snapped, feeling at his hip for a stunner before belatedly realizing he didn't have it on him. Instead, he coiled back in a fighting stance. While he wasn't attacking, he was clearly aggressive.

Tanake, though, did have her gun with her— and raised it.

"Care to elaborate?" she asked, voice deceptively mild despite her hard eyes.

Surprisingly, Calvin just laughed. The harsh, discordant sounds echoed about them before he replied challengingly.

"Just try it, Captain."

She fired a stun beam, and it hit Calvin without effect.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:56 pm

Derrik approached the Eyallen, smiling broadly and nodding his greeting, using the appropriate sign as well. Then he signed, as best he could, We looking for people. Have you seen any strange? It was the best he could do.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:18 am

The Eyallan looked up, his antenna coiling slightly.

>Strange...? Like you, or—< His mental telepathy suddenly broke off as the dream-woman appeared in Derrik's vision. Though Kyoko couldn't see her, the Eyallan evidently could see at least something, and immediately cringed, seizing a necklace of red shells and extending it hastily to Derrik.

>Here. Wear this,< he sent hastily.

The woman shook her head, looking agitated. She couldn't speak, but her eyes looked panicked.

Tanake replied to Candice with the brief signal for "yes" behind her back, stunner still raised as she looked at Calvin.

"I don't give a damn," Calvin replied. He gave Candice's stunner a wary glance; it seemed that Candice's logic was correct.

"Demon or not, mine's a hell of a lot more helpful than yours."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=salsalys>SALSAlys</A] at: 2/4/04 11:25 am

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:19 pm

Tenitively, Derrik took the necklace and put it around his neck. "What you see? And what this do?" He signed inquisitively.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:24 pm

'If this "help" causes you to threaten and even harm your fellow crewmates, especially our nurse of all people, I'm not sure the rest of the crew will want to hear it, Calvin. And this secrecy between you two with regards to the issue isn't exactly confidence inspiring.'

Candice cast her mind back, to all the times Calvin had acted oddly since they crashed. Then suddenly a memory appeared - that of the expression the man had made when they discussed magic at dinner.

'Fuck, Calvin, they offered you magic, didn't they?'

Mentally Candice was forming a prayer to Ylliana and any other gods that might hear it, a plea for aid. If she was right about Calvin's benefactor being a daemon, the gods would want to help, surely?

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:34 pm

As Derrik put on the necklace, the woman gave a slight cry— and this was heard by Kyoko. A pained, panicked cry as droplets of blood formed on Derrik's neck and chest, soaking into his skin. Then she was gone.

The Eyallan then breathed a sigh of relief.

>Banished her.< He looked at them, then shook his head.

>You ARE the strange ones. If she had lingered longer, she would have bled you dry. Thank the gods I have Yameli's blessed sight.<

"Not magic— a way OUT," Calvin replied sharply. "Jenni's got it too, if she'd just—"

Candice's mental prayer then apparently reached Ylliana.

A great, telepathic Oh? filled the chamber as a blue light flowed over Candice, then sprayed over the walls before coalescing into the form of the goddess.

Teh Kev

Unread postby Teh Kev » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:10 pm

Kyoko looked over at the necklace puzzled. "Wow that sure is... interesting...." She then shook her head a bit. "Now what Derrik?" With a bit a grunt she shifted her baby's bag a bit. Thinking about it for a moment, she tried to symbol out something. So you not see anyone else like us then?

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:11 pm

To say that Derrik was made more than a little nervous by that was to engage in understatement. "I see." Hopefully they would understand the figure of speach. "Thank you. But I ask, you have seen no one like us? Besides us?" He asked.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:15 pm

The Eyallan shook his head in response to their questions.

>I am afraid not. How did you come to get the demoness' attachment?<

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:19 pm

"I do not know."

Derrik sighed and looked to Kyoko. "Should we go back to the rooms, or look for the Captain? I don't think there's anything to be found here, although I seem to have gotten rid of my dream friend."

Teh Kev

Unread postby Teh Kev » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:24 pm

Kyoko chuckled, "I think it might be wise to look for the captain. To report to her that we couldn't find them if nothing else."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:13 pm

"My thoughts exactly." Derrik took point, doing his best to find his way to the beach without getting lost. After all, finding his way outdoors wasn't exactly his skill in the greatest demand.

Still, he hoped to catch up with the captain soon...

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:56 pm

'Ylianna.' Candice tried not to sound too relieved. Still covering Calvin with her stunner, she briefly explained the situation - that both Calvin and possibly Jenni had in all probability been contacted by daemons, that she thought they might have magic, and that Calvin was dangerous but had the ability to shield himself from their stunners.

'Please, Ylianna, is there anything you can do?'

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:06 am

And to the beach Kyoko and Derrik went, his sense of direction not being THAT bad.

The water mage was now coiling himself in rainbowed, shimmering snakes of liquid, much to the interest of the watching children.

And the engineer and the pilot could both see the tracks that Tanake and Candice had made, as well as those of Jenni and Calvin.

"I can cleanse them of the taint of the demons," Ylliana replied, her 'voice' rippling over them much like the light. Candice could sense that the goddess was stronger here, near the ocean, and with the temple nearby. "We are near my domains, and my power is greater than theirs—"

"No," growled Calvin, still coiled back slightly. His eyes were— different. Red, now, and slightly slanted at the corners, and Ylliana looked at him again. Oddly enough, her face was compassionate, almost pitying.

"Ralekos' hold is strong in you. Your temperament is much suited to his," she murmured, the telepathy still sounding in their ears. The blue light shimmered again, washing over Jenni, who began calming slightly, though still lying on the ground.

Then the goddess reached for Calvin's forehead, her aura of power strong enough that she seemed tangible, rather than somewhat translucent like before. He looked as though he would be putting up a fight that was more physical, but her light reached him, and he spasmed violently before slumping against a wall, looking ill.

"Sleep," Ylliana commanded gently, and the man fell asleep, looking surprisingly docile— though his hands were slightly clawlike.

"Even here, my power isn't strong enough to fully cleanse one who isn't willing," the goddess said regretfully. Even though she seemed more willing to discuss her weaknesses than most would expect a deity to be, this was still evidently difficult for her to say.

Jenni was still on the ground, but turned her head slightly to look at Ylliana.

"Lady...?" she whispered.

Ylliana seemed slightly surprised.

"I am not the one you're thinking of. I will still help you, if you are willing." At Jenni's mute nod, the goddess touched her forehead, drawing out dark shadows from Jenni's forehead. The nurse still trembled, sweat breaking across her forehead, but finally relaxed after the last of the shadow was drawn out, dissolving into Ylliana's clean blue light.

"Trastia's work. Have the others in your crew been polluted by the demons?"

JoshuaDurron

Footsteps! Follow!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:30 am

As Derrik trotted along the beach, he couldn't help but laugh. "You know, Kyoko, if the circumstances here were any different, I'd say this was a beautiful morning. Sunrise at the beach, and no intruding civilization in sight. Dammit, if this planet didn't seem to crash ships, I'd say we should make it a vacation spot."

Teh Kev

Ohhh Romantic.

Unread postby Teh Kev » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:36 am

Kyoko chuckled a bit. "Indeed. It's a nice place. Great for a romantic get away." She was following a bit to the side and behind Derrik. "All it needs is some attractions..." She began to trail off into various ideas for amusment attractions as she walked along with him towards the captain.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Ohhh Romantic.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:54 am

Candice nodded slightly as she walked over to jenni, stunner still trained on Calvin's sleeping form.

'Derrik has been dreaming about one, I think. As for Kyoko, I don't know. They should come to find us, since they won't have found Jenni and Calvin, maybe you can cleanse Derrik then?'

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs