Elemaer: What is Lost (on hold)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Elemaer: What is Lost (on hold)

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:33 pm

The thirtieth-hour shift was in chaos. All five of them, racing around madly, trying to make sense of what had happened.

They'd already known something was wrong when they came around a bend in the corridor and seen that the vault was open. They'd known something further was wrong when they noticed the twentieth-hour shift, laid out like ten-pins on the floor of the hallway, two of the five in a little pool of their own blood.

As horrible as their comrades' injuries were, it dawned on them relatively quickly that that wasn't the worst of their problem. The seed was missing.

The seed of the Tree of Time.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=idran1701>Idran1701</A] at: 4/28/04 7:39 pm

Spleen

Re: Elemaer: What is Lost

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:13 am

Telerak found out two days later, when three Burning Masters entered his little apartment in the third sub-basement of the Temple of Fire. Tel was reading, something he rarely had time for. Once he opened the door, he realized that he probably wouldn't have time again very soon. He recognized Burning Master Andir Il'krahs, a tall bald man with two katana strapped to his back, and Burning Master Ves'ahn Garthok, a stout raven-haired warrior covered mostly in a velvet cloak, a heavy claw on each hand.

He didn't recognize the third, a thickly-built man about an inch under Telerak, wearing extremely ornate plate armor made of what appeared to be dwarfwrought anthril. Tel gave the man a questioning look, and Ves'ahn answered his befuddlement. "He is Burning Master Seryntas Gaeran."

Telerak was noticably stunned. "The warrior of the Seventh Prophecy?" Something was wrong. Something was VERY wrong.

Seryntas nodded grimly. "We need your help, Pyral. Do you know the legend of the Tree of Time?"

Telerak nodded, confused. It was supposed to be a fable, a kid's story. A magic tree that grew inverted through the time stream, height bringing forth time instead of time bringing forth height.

Andir spoke up, as if he had heard what Telerak was thinking. "It's real. And there's a problem."

"What's the problem?"

"The last seed has been stolen, and the Order of Earth is horribly close to proclaiming war on us. They think we did it. We need to figure out who really did it and figure it out fast...and you're going to lead the investigation."

(OOC: Okay, guys. Start off in your various rooms. Flambars live in a large communal dormitory, Flame Warriors in smaller rooms with two or three roommates. You'll get your summons soon.)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/23/03 5:41 pm

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:44 pm

Khim Wakim was in his dorm playing a card game with a few of his roommates.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 12/21/03 3:33 am

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:13 am

Hiro was sitting cross-legged on his bed, meditating and completely ignoring his room mates, whom he deemed to be idiots and poor warriors.

They're foolish, squandering their time chasing after women and playing idiotic games! He opened his eyes briefly to look the two over. And they're not in supreme physical condition either! If only all the people here took their duties as seriouslly as I. With that he sighed, earning questioning looks from his room mates, which he either did not see or did not acknowledge.

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:08 pm

Keliel was notably absent from his private quarters, instead pursuing his usual hobby in the usual place... Fire magic in the practice yards. He had to find a way to use this spell with more efficiency...

He concentrated, as the heat gathered in his palm and burst forth into flames. A good sized ball of fire hurtled forwards, exploding and then dispersing against a speciall prepared wall.

Mutters to himself

"Dangit! It still takes too much mana energy to use. There must be a better way..."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:07 am

The official order came about forty-five minutes later. Tel gave the Embred messenger a tip and shut the door, crossing the room to sit on the bed. The sealing wax on the envelope was burning with unconsuming fire. "Three Burning Masters show up at my door and the highest priority they could scrape together for the mission is Flaming Seal. They couldn't even give it Flaming Envelope."

Telerak broke the seal on the letter, putting out the unconsuming fire in the process. He read his list of objectives - nothing special, just absolve the Order of Fire from all guilt in the theft, find the real culprits, return the Seed - and the list of people assigned to work with him. Flambars Keliel Kartoff and Khim Wazim, Flame Warrior Hiro Shu. He'd heard of Flame Warrior Hiro, a man called "The Whirlwind". As good a fighter as he was, Tel had heard that he tended to ignore Krad's gift of magic, even the spells that do nothing except make a warrior do more damage. He'd heard briefly of Flambars Keliel and Khim, and knew that their styles complimented each other's, Hiro's, and Telerak's. The four of them would be a force to be reckoned with in a time of combat.

However, this wasn't a battle. This was a mystery.

"We're screwed."

(OOC: Okay, two things. One: Thram, I said that Flambars don't have personal quarters, they have about an 8x8 foot square that includes a bed. That aside...Two: I left something out that is probably the main shaper of the military ability of the Orders. Their soldiers cannot die. Okay, they can...just not in combat. If a member of the Order of Fire, for example, dies of enemy-inflicted wounds in service to Krad, he will be resurrected naked and confused from the Fires of Rebirth, a raging inferno that burns in the room behind the altar to Krad in the main hall of the Temple. Water has its Pool of Spiritual Renewal, Light its Lifeglobe, Earth its Field of Glory (revived warriors actually spring out of the ground), and Air a hole in the ceiling that the newly restored descend through into the Temple (their actual place of renewal is a cloud). The only problems with being resurrected in this way is that all your equipment is with your old body and probably stolen by now, and that you're noticably weaker than when you died. Some of that is permanent, but mostly you just need to walk it off.)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/23/03 12:31 am

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:42 pm

Ten minutes later, messengers delivered letters to Khim, Keliel, and Hiro asking them to see Pyral Telerak Zekail in his apartment in sub-basement 2.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/5/04 11:54 pm

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:09 am

Khim put down his cards, took the letter from the messenger, and read it.

"Gotta go, guys," he said, standing.

He then left the room and went to the apartment that he had been directed to.

The Dark Gun

>_>

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:19 pm

Keliel sighed as the message was delivered... He was so close to the answer, he knew he was, but now he did not have time to work with it.

IM: Curses, so close, but now I'll have to do a mission without. It would have been very useful indeed.

Shaking his head he followed the instructions immediately, making straight for the quarters, after only a momentary pause to refocus a fraction of the energies he had expended in the previous excercises. He could not be sure when he would need the power at his disposal, and being able to conserve even a little of his strength was useful.

Spleen

Re: >_>

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:16 pm

Telerak was standing in the hall in front of his apartment, arms folded and leaning on the doorframe. He recognized Khim and Keliel. Shu's not here yet, he thought. Stupid Embreds probably don't know where they're going. I should bribe a Flambar to deliver my messages from now on.. He nodded to the two Flambars. "Come inside, boys. We're waiting on Flame Warrior Hiro Shu. He's late."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/5/04 11:55 pm

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:38 am

Hiro arrived at the apartments, panting. He bowed upon entering.

"I apologize for my tardiness, sir. It appears my messenger stopped for something to drink on his way to get me and came a bit after he was supposed to. I already properly chastised him."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:04 pm

Telerak laughed. "Not your fault. Please, though, don't call me 'sir'. It annoys me. My name's Telerak, but my friends call me Tel. You're Hiro, right?"

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:35 am

Hiro bowed his head in acquiesence. "Yes, my name is Hiro. It is very nice to meet you, Telerak. I am still unsure as to exactly what our mission is thus far. Perhaps you can explain in more detail?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:03 pm

"Sure I will. Come inside."

Telerak led Hiro into the apartment, where Keliel and Khim were waiting. "Hiro, this is Flambar Keliel Kartoff and Flambar Khim Wazim. Khim, Keliel, this is Flame Warrior Hiro Shu. I am, as you all probably know, Pyral Telerak Zekail. We've been assigned a mission to restore honor to the Order of Fire."

Telerak outlined what he knew about the disappearance of the seed and gave their two objectives: Find who did it and return the seed to the Order of Earth.

"Any questions?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/5/04 11:57 pm

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:46 pm

"Telerak, this seems an awful lot like some sort of investigation. While I am a rather smart man-" here Hiro hefted his naginata, "investigations are not my forte. Why call me in on this?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:32 am

Telerak shrugged. "I didn't call any of you in, you were assigned to this mission. As was I. I guess I'm reasonably smart, but I'm not the best person for the job. But we have to make do with what we have, and what we have for now is each other."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:39 am

"Excuse me, sir... I mean... Telerak, but my last name is Wakim, not Wazim," said Khim.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:48 am

Telerak grinned sheepishly. "Oops...uh, sorry about that, Khim. I've never been great at names. My mother says it's a miracle that I can remember my own half the time. It'll never happen again."
Good job, Tel, he thought. Now they think you're some kind of moron.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:54 pm

"Not a problem," said Khim with a smile.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:13 am

Hmmm Hiro thought, observing the slip of Khim's name. He barely shrugged to himself, letting it go as what it was, a slip, and not a lack in quality.

"Names not withstanding, how about we get down to business. Where do we start?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:30 pm

Telerak played with one of his hair spikes, a nervous habit of his. "Well, I know enough about investigating crimes to know that the best place to start would be the crime scene. However, the Seed was taken from an off-limits section of the Temple of Earth. We'd need special dispensation from the Gray Earthward to go to that particular corridor, and with the current situation between our Orders, he's not likely to give us that."

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:24 pm

Hiro nodded, cocking his head to the side for a moment, then speaking.

"We should go speak to him then. Maybe if we tell him that we're trying to find the seed that was stolen, he will let us look around a bit."

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:56 pm

"I agree, such a plan of action would be in the best of this investigation, however if that is not possible the next best recourse would be to find anyone with some form of divination magic. Although it is not our custom to use magic for such a thing as this, I am certain someone must know a simple fire divination, and if the area is kept well lit by torches, perhaps we could learn something..."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:56 pm

Telerak nodded. "Both very sound ideas. I think the first thing to do would be to ask for an audience with the Gray Earthward, like Hiro suggested. There's nothing to keep him from saying no, but it won't hurt to ask. I don't think I've heard of a spell like the one Keliel suggested, but the sages upstairs could know of one. I suggest we split up. Hiro and I will visit the Temple of Earth to try and ask for an audience with the Gray Earthward. Keliel and Khim, you two go up to the library and ask one of the arcane sages to help you find a divination spell that could help us."

(OOC: Dude, Seethe. Your post on 12/17 to the OOC topic clearly says "Name: Khim Wazim". Telerak did get the name right.)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/5/04 11:53 pm

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:28 am

"Will do," said Khim.

(OOC: At this point, we have to go with Wakim, so I fixed the OOC poste.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:20 pm

(OOC: Sure thing. That is pretty damned funny though.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:57 pm

"Keliel, Hiro, is it okay with you guys?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/10/04 11:01 pm

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:25 am

This Telerak is a wise fellow. He seems to be a natural leader, but easily takes advice from his men.

Hiro nodded. "That sounds like an excellent idea to me." He turned to Khim and Kelial. "Good luck you two. I pray for all of our sakes that we find something and avoid a war." Though I wouldn't mind a test for my blade...

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:31 am

"I concur. I also must submit that I know such spells exist, though I am currently not blessed with one. It would certainly be a pity if no one around was skilled in the art, however."

Shakes his head, slightly.

"But if we fail to locate such an individual, I guess there are other ways to find what we seek..."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:58 am

Telerak nodded. "Well if Fire magic has a divination spell, you can be damned sure the sages in the fourth floor library know it. Hiro and I will meet you guys in three or four hours - depending on how long this takes - in the third floor cafeteria. Lunch today's on me, guys."

With that, the four of them split up, Telerak and Hiro to the Temple of Earth and the two Flambars up to the fourth floor library.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/11/04 12:59 am

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:00 am

As they walked, Hiro smiled to himself, thinking what an odd pair they looked. He stood a foot taller than his superior, his hair was long and straight down while Telerak's was spiked, and he carried a weapon taller than himself.

"It is a pleasure to find myself working with you, Telerak Zekail. I am honored to work under one who has proven himself worthy as a Pyral at the mere age of twenty."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:31 pm

"It's good working with you, too, Hiro. But I don't really think that my position's all that remarkable. Now, if I was an Infernal or a Burning Master, then that'd be a little odd. You'd be surprised how many guys like me are walking around, wielding more power than someone so soon out of their teens should. It's not all fun and games, either. Most other Pyrals think I'm just some hotshit kid who plays lapdog for the administration, and most people my age talk to me like I'm some sort off all-powerful being they should worship. The life of a twenty-year-old Pyral of the Order of Fire isn't a great one, Hiro, let me tell you. Oh, and you might want to put that weapon of yours back in your dorm...the Order of Earth is suspicious enough without us coming in armed."

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:15 pm

Hiro nodded as Telerak spoke, thinking over what he said. "I do not worship you or see you as some sort of role model. Nor do I regard you as a lapdog to the Order of Fire. I merely respect you in the fact that you have achieved the Pyral rank earlier than usual." At this point he grinned and looked down at Telerak. "Besides, I have the height, weight, and age advantage."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:33 pm

"Yeah, but I have skill and magical power. Or does the phrase 'Ultimate Burning Wrath' mean nothing to you? Now, do something with that weapon of yours. We don't want to scare the Order of Earth into killing us both."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/14/04 5:19 pm

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:11 pm

Hiro got uncomfortably silent for moment. Obviously he couldn't tell I ignored the comment the first time... He looked down at his naginata shaft, then looked over at Telerak. "We will see if I must leave it behind on my arrival. We could always say that I'm your bodyguard and don't go anywhere without a weapon."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:55 pm

Telerak arched a dark eyebrow. "Maybe. Security blanket syndrome, eh Shu? No harm in that, I suppose. I left my bastard sword in my apartment...if things get rough, I can cast a smokescreen and give us a nice way out."

Telerak and Hiro reached the south exit of the Temple and walked through the gates out into the streets of As'nar, passing merchants selling exotic spices and cheap fake fortune tells trying offering to tell them the next time the two of them were going to die. Guards eyed Hiro's naginata, but ultimately figured - rightfully so - that he was on official business for his Order. They found a cab easily enough and climbed in. "To the Temple of Earth," Telerak said, handing the driver a few coins to convince him to drive faster. He complied, driving the horses almost to the limit and getting the two Kradites to the Temple in a record forty minutes.

Tel jumped out of the cab and paid the driver the normal fare, then he and Hiro started toward the squat rectangle of the Temple of Earth.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:33 am

Meanwhile, Khim had reached the arcane library and was searching for one of the sages.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:40 pm

One of the sages came out from the Forbidden Book section and waddled on short, fat legs over to Khim and Keliel. "Can I help you two..." He peered with nearsighted eyes at the insignias of rank on their armor. "...Flambars with something?"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:53 pm

"Yes," answered Khim. "We need a divination spell, if Fire magic has one."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:47 pm

The fat sage absentmindedly sucked the tip of a feather quill while he thought. "Hmm...a divination spell, you say? I seem to remember one existing. Yes, yes, I remember now. I believe we have it on record."
The sage trundled over to a large, heavy-looking old tome with a deep red cover that was sitting on a carved wooden stand by one of the spacious library's walls. He pulled a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles out of his robe pocket and put them on. He opened the book and flipped through its weathered pages until he reached the one he wanted, then began to slide his finger down the page, trying to find the divination spell. "Aha!" he exclaimed, "Yes, right here, I found it. You see, the spells most warriors of the Order learn are utilitarian combat spells. People only come here when they need something special. Something like this. The spell is called Eyes of Flame. It's a long one, so why don't one of you boys nip over to that desk over there and get me pad and ink? I'll write the entire procedure down for you." After one of the Flambars got the sage a pad and an ink bottle, he began to transcribe the spell, trying to make small talk as he did. "So what do you boys need this spell for?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/16/04 7:50 pm

Next

Return to Other RPs