The Merger (closed)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Zemyla

Re: Yay!

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:22 pm

Sir Rodrick noticed the chill and the untoward skittishness of the horse. He looked up at the sky, to see whether the weather was changing, but it looked about the same as before.

"Whoa, there, Excelsior," Rodrick addressed the horse. Excelsior stopped, and Rodrick got off to look around.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

I see dead people.

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:58 pm

I see people at desks, a professor presenting his lecture, and a snowstorm where the ceiling should be. Against her better judgement, August was becoming increasingly tempted to go to the door and open it, just to verify that the rest of the world was still there. Sitting through the rest of the lecture talking to the ice giants in her head certainly wouldn't help her concentration.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Re: I see dead people.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:45 pm

Ieyasu quickly had his spear leveled at the man at the same time as Pete had his gun drawn.

"I should ask you the same! Man or devil, if you cross Tokugawa Ieyasu, I will strike you down! No flintlock will scare me, and I pity you if you fire, for my vengeance shall be swift."

To Pete's eyes...this man was probably just an ultra-cheesy lunatic. With a spear. And really expensive armor, inlaid with gold. Still, lunatic or not, there was a glint in Ieyasu's eyes that told Pete that he should not underestimate this man.

SALSAlys

>.> <.< *more GMing*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:28 pm

As Nate turned the page, the words appeared again, now seeming somewhat reproachful.

"You wish to escape, then?"

Somewhat distantly, he could smell his hazelnut mocha being prepared, and then the girl walked to his table, setting it down with a smile. She was positioned directly across from him, and in no position to see the odd lettering.

"Here, sir," she said cheerfully.

When Balliol tested the wall, this too proved to be illusion, offering no resistance to his claymore.

Sir Rodrick could see nothing untoward, though the wind shifted, sending a flake of snow into his face.

Odd, heat-child. I see only you wraiths... And I pass through them. Can you see me? asked the voice that claimed to be Jarvik.

JoshuaDurron

Re: >.> <.< *more GMing*

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:22 pm

Absently, Nate took his coffee with a half smile and a nod. He took a quick sip of it, and shrugged. Pulling a pen out of the pocket inside his vest, he scribbled out the answer, "Just seeing what is real."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:48 pm

August shook her head, Whereabouts are you? she asked, surreptitiously glancing about.

(OOC: And with this, I depart for the US today. Although I'll be trying to keep up, posting rate will likely drop off a bit.)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kelne>Kelne</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/3/03 5:18 pm

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:07 pm

Rodrick was now slightly confused. Snow? But it certainly isn't the right time of year for it... he thought as he examined the rapidly melting snowflake.

Hawknfox

Re: I see dead people.

Unread postby Hawknfox » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:26 am

Pete considered what he should do. He mainly wanted just to put another hole in this guys head, but then again, that came with the uncomfortable side effect of a spear in your throat...

So he instead decides to go with an approach in which nobody died in a violent manner. He slowly released the hammer on his revolver, and moved it back to his holster. He then put his hands up, taking a step back.

"Okay buddy, my mistake... Let's just calm down now..."

Pete suddenly realized that this plan put him at the mercy of a lunatic. He bit his tongue rather hard.

SALSAlys

*does the tush-wiggle of GM fun*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:46 pm

"What IS real then?" questioned the paper in response to Nate's query. The girl smiled back slightly, then went back to the desk.

"Is reality a variable or a constant? If a constant, what makes it so? If a variable, what changes it? Assume this is a math question; what equation would reality go into as well?"

"I am HERE, heat-child," came the voice again, and THIS time, Autumn could see him; an immense, craggy face lined with frost, wintery blue eyes and shaggy hair sloping over his forehead. Not to mention hear him; his voice was loud, almost booming, and then—

Autumn abruptly realized she wasn't in her class anymore; she only had what she had been in direct contact with. And she was in the middle of a snowfield with frost raining from the sky, and Jarvik kneeling in front of her, so tall that even kneeling, he was twice her height.

The snowflake melted rapidly, and Rodrick could then catch a whiff of something like peppermint on the breeze. Something to the side sparkled, drawing his attention to a spot just off the road, where there was a ring of pale blue mushrooms growing from a patch of snow. Whatever had sparkled, it wasn't there now.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: *does the tush-wiggle of GM fun*

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:24 pm

Several emotions warred for supremacy in August, shock, resignation, fear and annoyance. In the end, resignation won out. She'd been expecting something along these lines, after all...

No point in just thinking anymore, "Alright, now I see the snowy plain too." She still entertained the vague hope that this might be a dream, but that hope was fading. None of her dreams were this weird...

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Stupid EZBoard...

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:41 pm

Ieyasu considered things for a moment, then put his spear perfectly vertical next to him, and spoke in a somewhat gentler, yet colder, tone than before.

"I know not whether you are man or demon still, but only one who is truly afraid or truly peaceful would put away his weapon while an enemy still holds his own. In either case, I offer my hand in friendship, if you'll but tell me your name, and whether or not you know where we are."

And indeed, all signs of battle-lust and insanity vanished from Ieyasu's eyes, only to be replaced by cold, calculating logic.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:04 pm

"Fair enough questions," Nate wrote back, nodding his apprication to the girl at the counter once more as he did. "Real is real is real. It is what is around us, not to be confused with what we think is around us. It changes as we and others change it, but not all of it changes. We use it as part of the grand equation that determines how we will act."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:26 pm

"You are more solid now," observed Jarvik, reaching out to touch a chill finger to August's head before withdrawing, seeming slightly perturbed.

"Do you know the Scaled Ones?"

"Wise answer. Have you ever contemplated the study of mathemagics?" the paper asked. "Or considered what variables might make the equation go awry?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:02 am

"Mathemagices?" Nate wrote in reply. "I'm not familiar with that. It certainly sounds interesting. I can think of one or two variables one might use to make reality go awry. One reality trying to impose itself on another, perhaps..."

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:52 am

"Wise, then. The realities are all logical, if you can find the keys to them, the equations and powers driving them. By adapting it for each reality, that is how one is able to successfully translate between planes."

The words puddled, quivering, then began gliding again.

"The equations had been set, and all variables accounted for, but the master equation has been disturbed, causing anamolies and inequalities, you being one such loose variable."

Firnthuleien

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:53 am

With a grunt of approval, though still annoyed at having awoken in such a strange place, Daevon moved forward at a brisk pace, watching his surroundings closely, and with much suspicion.

"T'eres pro'ly some half'-arsed nutt'rs exp'lination fer all thi'" he muttered testily, switching the hand that he held his claymore in.

Daevon tried to keep in mind that some of the walls weren't walls at all, and kept an eye out for strange looking ones that could be concealed entrances.

SALSAlys

WOOT! *even has a little map!*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:14 pm

Daevon found a smooth, blank wall directly in front of him, while to his right was a massive door easily twice his height of some sort of dark wood, seeming to absorb the odd lighting. Silver ornamentation ran across it, in intricate splays and abstract patterns which glistened coldly. The door was slightly damaged, as if a great force from outside had attempted ramming into it.

To his left was a much smaller door, this one being just a bit taller than he was, though quite wide, and of plain, iron-grey wood which had odd carvings on it, of upright lizards.

Daevon could vaguely hear the sound of two people talking.

Ieyasu and Pete could also, by this point, faintly hear a sound like grumbling.

Firnthuleien

Cool! Maps = Spiffy! ^^

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:26 pm

Daevon's curiosity pulled him in both directions. He was greatly interested in the workmanship of the door and wanted to see what had happened.

And yet, he wanted to know who in the hell had brough him here, thinking that the voices beyond the door might know what was going on.

After a moment of thinking it over, he decided he could simply look in the room behind the large door momentarily, before heading into the occupied one. And with that, he attempted to open the large door, though not completely taking his eye off the other.

((Lyss? Do you have MSN? If you do, please IM me [Firnthuleien@hotmail.com] :{{ I'm lonely))

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=firnthuleien>Firnthuleien</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/5/03 1:31 pm

SALSAlys

Bwah!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:50 pm

(Would if I could, but I hafta go soon!)

The door was astonishingly cold, and creaked slightly as he attempted to open it, before ponderously swinging outward slightly, and...

A large, pale blue eye with slits in it, set in a white, scaled face poked its head into the crack. A forked tongue flicked out, and it hissed, revealing sharp teeth.

It was big.

And it looked HUNGRY.

Firnthuleien

*insane laughter*

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:25 pm

((Okeey Lyss! *hugs!*))

Daevon's eyes widened in shock as the door swung open, revealing the large scaled creature within the room.

"......I th'nk I may 'ave op'n'd tha wrong door........" he muttered, brandishing his claymore.

"Wha' in tha worl' is 'at thin' anyw'ys?!" Daevon thought. "Mayb'y I shoul' jus' leave....I' looks 'ungry.....

But despite this, Balliol took a step backwards, and lifted his sword, prepared to fight the creature, whatever it was.

"Manu forti mi casgair mi tur!" Daevon roared at the beast, and jumped forward to slash at the creatures eye with his claymore.

((Translation: "With a strong hand, I slay my enemies" :D))

JoshuaDurron

Re: *insane laughter*

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:08 pm

"Loose variable? Would that be why I'm seeing things that don't mesh with," Nate paused as he considered the best way to put it, then finished with, "my reality?"

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

As Kelne would say, Impending Doom.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:49 pm

Ieyasu held up a hand, motioning for Pete to be quiet, and quickly tried to tell how far away the groaning was.

"Demons," He muttered. "They must be demons plotting our deaths...interesting...they shan't take me so easily, though. You sneak around back and use your...odd...flintlock while I go to their front and engage in hand-to-hand combat."

And when Ieyasu turned back around, Pete noticed that same glint he had in his eyes before...

Hawknfox

Re: As Kelne would say, Impending Doom.

Unread postby Hawknfox » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:01 am

Demons? Wow, this guy really needed to relax... A sudden realization of his surroundings reminded him that perhaps this wasn't to far fetched. Maybe his attitude toward the situation was correct, maybe Peter was relaxed to much...

And so, Pete drew the revolver, pulling back the hammer and circling around back to corner in the, uhm... Demons... with the aid of his, eh... Acquaintance... It took a bit of effort not to laugh.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hawknfox>Hawknfox</A] at: 12/6/03 1:13 am

SALSAlys

Re: *insane laughter*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:24 pm

As Balliol struck at the eye, the monster withdrew, its long, sinuous neck darting back and letting out an immense roar before taking a swipe at him with an immense talon.

Peter and Tokugawa were able to hear the roar; in fact, it sent some snow from the roof tumbling down onto the floor, though they could see no visible exits.

"Variables are able to change; hence, they are 'variable'. In equations of reality, they are capable of shifting planes, unlike the constants which most planes consist of," the paper replied to Nate . "To solve for this, mathemagicians must isolate the variables."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:23 am

"I've never heard of them." A growing part of August was inclined to wail in despair, but she throttled it down. She was also starting to shiver. What had been appropriate clothing for an English autumn was proving completely inadequate for a snowy wasteland.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:12 am

Nate nodded, temporarily forgetting the paper most likely couldn't notice that. Then he scribbled out, "It would appear reality has become a variable. Or rather, its equation is changing. What other sorts of variables should I look for?"

SALSAlys

*returns!*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:24 pm

"The Scaled Ones were former denizens of this world— heat-children, much like you in nature, if not appearance. I doubt this is comfortable for you— perhaps it would be better if you became a wraith again," Jarvik said, clearly giving a command even if he was being somewhat more polite about it, and looked at August expectantly.

"Some of the planes are changing on their own, merging into others to form variables rather than constants, while others are becoming as you are— capable of seeing alternate realities. If it weren't for that, you wouldn't even be able to read this message," the silvery words spelled out for Nate.

"Already, many of the other variable entities are beginning to converge upon one of the frost-planes."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=salsalys>SALSAlys</A] at: 12/9/03 12:28 am

JoshuaDurron

Re: *returns!*

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:28 pm

"Frost planes, eh?" Nate thought to himself. The roleplaying part of him kicked into full gear, analyzing that. "That would explain a lot of what I've seen." He wrote in response. "But I'm fairly sure that that's not a good thing. Worlds merging, that is."

Nate paused his writing to turn a page. The letters may be erasing his writing, but he couldn't just keep looking at one page all the time. It would look strange. After apologizing and explaining why he had done it, he kept writing. "So now I know what's going on. What should I do about it?"

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

A hunting we will go...

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:31 pm

Irritated, Ieyasu began searching for cracks in the wall of ice, or at least an area that seemed thinner than the rest of it.

"Use your flintlock to blast through, ally! We may lose our surprise, but at least we'll get to them!" He shouted. His entire being was bent on fighting those that had sent him here, and no mere wall of ice was going to stop that.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:33 pm

Rodrick saw the patch of snow and the pale blue mushrooms, and knew then that this wasn't normal. This is either a sign from God, or some sort of witchcraft. he thought. Then he got on his knees and prayed. "If this be Yours, Lord, know that I am in Your hands, and will do Your will."

Hawknfox

Re: A hunting we will go...

Unread postby Hawknfox » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:12 pm

Peter had, several years ago, gone on a trip over a mountain range. He had been frequently reminded not to shoot his gun near the ice flows, because the sudden loud noise could cause an avalanche. Had he recalled this advice, he might not have listended to the insane demon hunter...

Once again, the Schofield pistol was drawn, the hammer pulled back, and Peter's arm outstretched aiming at the weak spot in the ice wall.

"I suggest you take a step back."

A half a second seemed long enough to give his friend a chance to get out of the way. He pulled the trigger, and waited as all hell broke loose.

SALSAlys

>.> <.< *continues posty*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:36 pm

"Isolate the variables. The other variables have been propelled to the frost-plane not entirely of their own will, due to the equation itself trying to rid itself of them. Will you go to the plane of your own volition?" the paper queried.

As Peter shot at the crack in the ice...

Nothing happened. His bullet passed THROUGH the wall; they could see it, but it was as though the wall was mere air, winking out after it passed, leaving no trace of its passage— although on the other side of the wall, they could hear the crack of shattered ice.

Rodrick received no message from God; all that he felt was a vague sense of peace.

JoshuaDurron

Re: >.> <.< *continues posty*

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:19 pm

"I suppose that going to the variables would be the easiest way." Nate replied. He ran a mental inventory. He had his gloves, his vest, which was fairly warm, a few writing implements, and that was about it. But really, he wasn't sure he could bring anything else that would help him on a plane of ice. He sighed quietly, and kept writing. "It looks like the plane of ice is the place to go then. Will I be able to stay in contact with you, whoever you are, once I'm the

SALSAlys

Wootles.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:43 pm

"Doubtful. The probability rating is approximately .05 that we will be able to maintain contact,"the paper responded to Nate. "But we have your consent; prepare yourself."

With that, the words puddled into silver again, which suddenly GREW, crawling up Nate's arm and then spreading over his eyes, enveloping him in a world of searing silver brightness—

And then it vanished, leaving him in an icy tunnel. He could see part of the wall shattered with a bullet's impact, spraying out in a pattern like a spider's web. Though the tunnel continued to the left and right, the passages seemed closed on those ends, and he could hear a hissing from the left.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Wootles.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:48 pm

"Crap." That short, but susinct phrase summed up how he felt on arriving. Weapons being shot, creatures (big ones from the sound of it) hissing nearby...

Nate ignored his fight of flight instinct and sneaked towards the sound of the hissing, hoping to remain unnoticed.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Ieyasu's getting peeved...

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:33 pm

The warlord snorted as he heard the crack.

"Petty demon illusions." He muttered, and then turned to Peter. "Well, come on. If this wall is not really there, then we merely walk through it. I'll shatter the ice when we reach the real wall myself."

Hawknfox

He's not the only one...

Unread postby Hawknfox » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:32 am

After a few blinks, Peter looked a little bit annoyed. He slid his hand over the release catch, the chamber sliding open and the empty shell flying out, replacing it with one from his gunbelt, following closely after Ieyasu.

"God damn waste of ammunition..."

Zemyla

Re: He's not the only one...

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:14 pm

Rodrick stood. "Hmm... I should probably go back to the town I was at before and ask the priest what to do. Besides, it's been a while since my last confession."

With that, he got back on his horse and started for the town he passed.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: *returns!*

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:06 pm

"I can't. I don't even know how I got here in the first place, let alone how to get back."

SALSAlys

*gets off her lazy GM tush*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:26 pm

Nate reached the end of the passage, up to a wall which glistened smoothly, opaque and forbidding. The hissing was louder on the other side.

Of course, by then Ieyatsu and Peter had gone through the illusory wall, and could see Nate against the far end of the passage.

Jarvik's brow furrowed, and he seemed displeased. The weather echoed his displeasure, the wind picking up.

"TRY, then. There is no fit place where I can care for a heat-child."

Rodrick went, but as he went on his horse...

His mount became more and more uneasy, and Rodrick got the impression that he was going in circles, as certain aspects of the terrain were repeating themselves... he passed by a small cairn of stones, then after approximately a quarter of an hour, he passed by either the same one, or another which looked very similar to the first.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs