The Merger (closed)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: *gets off her lazy GM tush*

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:17 pm

Arguing with the strange ice giant struck August as a very bad idea. So she gave it a shot, closing her eyes, trying to ignore the cold, and visualising the lecture theater which, by rights, she really should still be in.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:55 pm

Nate, oblivious to the fact that there were people behind him, did the first obvious thing (to him) and rapped his knuckles on the ice wall... presuming it was actually there.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:27 am

Rodrick stopped the horse again, and jumped off. There was something definitely wrong.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

I certainly hope Nate notices this...

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:04 pm

Tokugawa placed his spear directly at the back of Nate's neck, not pressing hard enough to break flesh, but definately hard enough to make it noticeable. The fact that it was ice-cold from being in a very cold place did help this, of course.

"You are to state your name, what region you hail from, whether or not you know what is going on, and whether you are friend or demon. If you make a sudden movement of any kind, I will kill you. If you do not answer within three seconds, I will kill you. And if you are a demon, I will slowly rip out your bowels, wrap your entrails around a stalagmite, and tear out your still-beating heart. And while we're at it, I'd like my other friend's name as well."

Pete would know this is directed at him. He also knew that the glinting steel on Ieyasu's spear would be going at him as well, if he didn't answer.

JoshuaDurron

0_0;;; HFS!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:29 pm

Thankfully, Nate was of the levelheaded type, not given to startling easily. Otherwise, he probably would have made a sudden movement as soon as he felt the steel spear point on the back of his neck. As it was, he chose not to move, and instead answer the questions of the voice behind him as accurately as he could, and worry about how little sense they seemed to make later. After all, if what the newspaper had told him was correct, he was on a different plane.

"My name is Nate Chen, I'm from Indiana, in the Americas, someone or something has given me a vauge idea of what is going on, or rather, may be going on, and last I checked, I'm not a demon. And since we're asking for names, I don't suppose I could have yours?"

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Indeed.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:48 pm

Ieyasu, most likely to Nate's unease, kept the spear exactly where it was. In fact, he pressed it a touch harder.

"My name is Ieyasu Tokugawa. First, you are to tell me what province this 'Indiana' is in. As well as 'Americas.' After that, we, my friend, are going through this wall, with you in the front. Won't that be lovely, hmm?"

JoshuaDurron

::has not yet determined if the wall is solid or not...::

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:00 am

"Tokugawa? That's Japanese, isn't it?" He'd be damned if it wasn't, he hadn't watched as much anime as he had to be unable to spot a Japanese name at fifty paces. "If so, then America would be across the ocean to the east of your island. Indiana is a... province near the center of the continent. And I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I told you I'm not a demon. I can't walk through walls."

SALSAlys

Sorry, haven't been watching this as much as I should...

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:27 am

Nate's hand had passed through the wall when he first tried it.

All three of them— Balliol, Tokugawa, and Pete— could hear the hissing on the other side of the wall.

And while we're on the subject, Balliol can hear them threatening one another as well.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Have you noticed I love torturing you?

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:31 am

Ieyasu did take the spear away at this time. Not that it helped much, because it was immediately replaced by a hand holding Nate at the collar.

"You know of Japan, and you know my name. Yet you are dressed in garments even the most daring of Asians and Europeans dare not wear. The only one I've seen with clothing coming anywhere near yours is my nameless friend over there with the flintlock. Know that I don't trust either of you, but I must, for fear of demons. Even I cannot destroy them all alone. And for hope that at least one of us shall survive."

Nate felt the rather relieving lack of weight on his collar after that, and Tokugawa went to the wall to size it up. He then drew back, aimed one mighty punch at the wall...

And the cinematic moment was ruined by the wall not being there, causing the Warlord to fall flat on his face from his own momentum, and his spear to fall on top of him.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Have you noticed I love torturing you?

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:51 am

Nate shot Pete a questioning look. "Has he been like this the whole time?"

Hawknfox

Yeah, I have...

Unread postby Hawknfox » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:47 am

Pete gave out a good sigh and put his gun back in his holster before answering Nate's question.

"Ever since I woke up in a gigantic ice cave and we started chasing after demons together..."

After that, he proceeded to walk through the nonexistent wall to scoop up his friend. It was the second one of such he had seen, so he was getting used to the concept a bit more. That in itself scared him. The part of him that was still believed that this was not reality. Getting used to something that is not real can never be a good thing...

SALSAlys

And since Fern isn't posting...

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:23 am

Nothing happened for August, though Jarvik tapped his foot impatiently.

As Rodrick leapt off his horse—

He landed on a patch of snow, the ground suddenly giving way beneath his feet as he plummeted. Instead of just chill earth, though, about him he could see flashes of light and multitudes of glowing eyes looking at him in surprise or shock...

Then he hit the bottom with a dull thud, in an icy room. On a pedestal in the center of the room was a distinctly non-human skull; more like a giant lizard's, or perhaps what a dragon might look like. Its empty eyes and teeth grinned blankly at Rodrick.

Behind him was an iron-gray door, with odd, chiselled carvings of upright lizards on it.

When Tokugawa and Pete passed through the wall, they could see a large, dragonlike monster menacing a certain Scotsman. Its scales had a slightly blue tinge now, and with a sweep of its tail, it knocked Balliol into the smaller door ahead of it. The man lay there; unconcious or stunned.

Then the creature turned its attention to Tokugawa and Pete, giving a long hiss before lunging, claws raised to rake at their bellies.

(Balliol to be returned when Fern returns and posties. =D)

JoshuaDurron

Re: And since Fern isn't posting...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:47 am

Nate had followed Pete and Tokugawa through the... hologram, he decided to think of it, and wound up behind them just as the frost dragon lunged. With a curse, he jumped to one side, yelling, "Frost Dragon!"

Hawknfox

This just keeps getting better...

Unread postby Hawknfox » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:08 pm

"Aw, you've got to be joking..."

It was as if someone was just making up bad things to happen. Ya know, like, purposely making everything in Pete's world bad. And then adding a gigantic lizard.

And so, now Pete was diving away from the lunge of something that, for all he knew, was one of Tokugawa's "demons". As soon as he was not busy being thrown around by huge scaled creatures, he was going to start shooting things... A lot...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hawknfox>Hawknfox</A] at: 12/16/03 10:09 pm

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Farking double-posting.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:24 am

(Ignore this post.)

Edited by: Dragon Sage007 at: 12/17/03 9:12 pm

SALSAlys

Aw yeah; Tokugawa in the party was a GOOD idea!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:17 pm

Rodrick could hear Ieyasu's shouts of insanity coming from... behind the door?!

The frost dragon focussed its attention on Tokugawa, eyes giving a frosty glare before it roared, shards of ice flying from its mouth as it fell back, obviously not used to its intended dinner fighting back. The spear ripped a long slash in the underside of the beast's wing, and the head of the sphere was tipped with dark, blue blood. However, one of the frozen shards had flown into Nate's shoulder; not very deep, but enough to cause bleeding.

Then it growled, and whatever the trio planned to do, it would have to do it quickly before the shock wore off. Its attention was now primarily focussed on Tokugawa.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Aw yeah; Tokugawa in the party was a GOOD idea!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:39 pm

Nate cursed and scooped up a handful of snow, pressing it onto his shoulder and thanking his lucky stars he had been a Boy Scout for several years. He'd know how to bandage that later.

"Yeah, I think aiming for the eyes would be a good idea, Gunslinger." He hoped for a moment that was what his western looking companion really was. "I'm afraid I'm not armed, either..." Throwing a quick glance about, he hoped to find something he could improvise into a weapon.

Zemyla

Re: Aw yeah; Tokugawa in the party was a GOOD idea!

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:29 pm

Rodrick stood up. "What is this place? Is this Hell?" he asked himself. But no, it did not seem like it; while the lizard motif did seem rather demonic, it certainly wasn't the fiery planes of torment that he (like everyone else in the Middle Ages) was told about. The shouting sounded human, though it was in a strange language, though he thought he could almost understand. (Rodrick knows German, French, and Old English, as modern English didn't start until the 1400s.) So he decided to go through the door.

As he entered the room, he saw the frost dragon, and, with the suddenness of a lightning bolt, he knew. "God has sent me here to slay demons!" he shouted in German as he drew his sword and swung at the creature's neck.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: And since Fern isn't posting...

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:30 pm

August opened her eyes again. Nothing. Not that she'd really expected anything different. She wasn't any kind of teleporter, after all.

"I told you I couldn't do it," she said, "I'm stuck here. Is there anywhere at all you can point me towards?"

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Tokugawa=a good idea always.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:36 pm

"Reinforcements?" Tokugawa asked in perfectly intelligible English as Rodrick stepped in front of him to cut the dragon. "Well, one can't pick one's allies all the time."

And thus Ieyasu looked for a likely spot in the creature's head, wrenched and jerked his spear out of the hapless creature's wing, and stepped quickly to the side as he viciously jabbed the spear into the dragon's ear.

SALSAlys

Re: Tokugawa=a good idea always.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:57 pm

"Nowhere on the surface, at least. Perhaps one of the caverns that the Scaled Ones vacated," Jarvik replied to August, though he seemed more irritated. "We can talk while we walk. Now, do you have any idea why the shadows of your kind are appearing in our territory?" While saying so, Jarvik stretched himself out, rising to the balls of his feet and limbering his arms before setting out at a brisk pace, though from his glances back, he was trying to keep it slow enough for August to follow.

Nate could see nothing in the immediate vicinity that he could use as a weapon.

Tokugawa and Rodrick both missed though, as the frost dragon curled back in an almost impossibly sinuous manner, tail sweeping out wildly and knocking Tokugawa onto his back, then ramming Rodrick into a wall—

Which wasn't there.

To everyone else's view, he had just gone into the wall, and Rodrick found himself in a chill corridor. Once he was out of sight, the frost dragon appeared to forget about him, concentrating on Tokugawa once more.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:50 am

"None," August said, scurrying to keep up, "Like I said, I've never heard of anything like this happening before."

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Losing a teammate=bad. :{

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:56 am

Stunned a moment, Tokugawa took note of his surroundings. The boy scout putting ice on his shoulder, the gunman still aiming...and the sudden reinforcements getting knocked away as soon as he had come.

Ieyasu was more than a tad ticked. This was obvious in his eyes as he got up, and ran towards the dragon full-tilt once more, yelling in Japanese.

"You shall learn to cower at the name Ieyasu Tokugawa if you manage to survive at all, foul demon! Begone, horrible mockery of the living!"

And rushing it, Ieyasu was counting on a quarter-ton of man, armor, and weapon accelerating at the dragon to pierce it's scaly neck.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:41 pm

Nate sighed and did the next best thing. He gave a loud shout, and flapped his arms a bit, trying to get the dragon's attention long enough for Tokugawa to hit it.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:43 pm

Rodrick reflected on his attack for a moment, and came to a conclusion. I am obviously using the wrong weapon. So he put away his sword and took out his mace, which was designed to crush armor and hopefully scales.

With that, he again charged at the dragon. He hadn't given the illusory wall or the strange icy corridor a second thought.

SALSAlys

*finally gets back to thread*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:23 pm

"Have any of your kind ever done it before, then?" asked Jarvik. "As long as you're wraiths and apparently can't see this world, it shouldn't matter too much to the other frost giants, but if more—" His mouth shut, and he didn't appear happy.

The dragon was distracted, true enough, and half a ton of Japanese warrior collided with his neck, while the German got a nice bash on the beast's head. More blue blood poured out, freezing where it puddled and leaving slick spots as the dragon writhed, nearly yanking Tokugawa's spear from his hands. While it seemed evident that it was going to die, it was still in the middle of its death throes.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: *finally gets back to thread*

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:47 pm

"Not that I know of. Some pretty weird stuff goes on sometimes, but I don't think that anything like this has happened before.

Hawknfox

Unread postby Hawknfox » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:12 am

Peter had been laying low. That thing was so large that shooting it wouldn't have to much of an effect. The only way he could help was if he managed to get a shot at it's eyes, which he had not.

As the creature was struck by Tokugawa and the... Wait, there's another guy? When the hell did he get get here. God damn... Anyway, he could see that the beast was coming down, and quickly backs up, trying not to be under it when it did.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:44 pm

As the creature was dying, Rodrick turned to Tokugawa. "You are a fine warrior, and I thank you for your assistance."

Of course, he said this in German, so Tokugawa probably didn't understand him.

Firnthuleien

*finally gets back!*

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:36 am

(OOC: Eeps ;_; So sorry about all this stuff that's kept me from posting! Work, only 1 functioning computer in the house, visiting family and friends does not = lots of chances to get to a computer....When I get another chance, I shall try and post again! [ASAIPC])

Balliol emited a sound akin to a grunt or a groan, holding a hand to his head as things began to swirl back into view after having been thrown into the door by the creature.

He noted in a bit of surprised that there were now four others in the corridor; Tokugawa, Rodrick, Nate, and Pete who were standing before the now dead(?/Dying?) serpentine creature.

Not wanting to have anyone get the better of him (again XD), he grabbed his claymore off the ground, standing quickly. Though this action caused the corridor to seem to spin for a moment.

He growled menacingly at the four of them when his vision cleared again.

"Chlanna han con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil." he muttered in celtic, narrowing his eyes at them and holding up his claymore.

(Loose Translation: Come get some you SoB's :P Literal: Sons of hounds, come and get flesh [and I asked someone about that :{ just to be sure of the trans.])

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Re: *finally gets back!*

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:26 pm

Sighing at this new, sorta, threat, Tokugawa merely levelled his spear at Balliol, then said, once in English, and once in Japanese,

"I don't suppose one of you know what devil's tongue he was speaking in, do you?"

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:37 pm

Jarvik glanced back down at Autumn.

"What sort of things occur, then?"

The frost dragon finally subsided with a final convulsive heave, eyes closing as it expired.

Hawknfox

Unread postby Hawknfox » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:35 am

Ignoring the death of the big lizard thing, Pete took a good look at the relatively new person, and leveled the gun at his head. In his opinion, there already were too many crazy people running around with swords. Figuring no one would miss this particular one, who smelled like he had alcohol, he pulled the hammer back on his revolver and issued an ultimatum.

"I'll give ya three seconds to lower the sword 'for I give you another hole to breathe from."

That seemed reasonable enough.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:00 pm

"Well, there's the crazy supervillains, for starters. Not a week goes by when someone isn't trying to melt the polar ice caps or destroy a major city or hold the world ransom." August sighed, "It's not exactly peaceful, but it's home."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:48 pm

"Hold up, cowboy," Nate said, holding his hand up in front of Pete. "I think caution is the best approach here. From the sound of things, we have a German, and if that man's not wearing a Celtic kilt, I'm a rabbit. I couldn't say for sure, of course, but I'm willing to bet we all have the same problem."

Hawknfox

Unread postby Hawknfox » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:20 am

After looking to Nate, then back to the Irishman. Pete sighed, reluctantly lowering the gun and clicking the hammer back into place.

"Alright. But if we do end up killing him, I call the booze he's got..."

Holstering the revolver, he folded his arms, going back onto the sidelines after the sudden outburst.

Firnthuleien

*cough*

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:19 pm

Balliol, the scotsman, growled, eyes darting back and forth from Pete and Tokugowa who had threatened him.

" 'Nd why shoul' I answer teh ye? Ye could be the d'mons tha' conjured th's place, by the looks of ye. And I'll no' be low'rin me sword to no d'mon." he said with a growl, eyeing them all carefully(and watchfully) with a glare.

When Nate spoke, he seemed to calm down a bit at his words.

"This laddy se'ms tah know wha' 'es talkin abou'. No' a chance tha' 'ed be a d'mon, they d'nt speak like tha'. No d'mon'd try tah use d'plomacy. Tha d'nt speak fer the rest o' them though..."he thought to himself.

Heaving a sight of exasperation, he lowered his sword slightly.

"I s'ppose tha lad be righ'. If'in we're in tha same situation, we'd b'st stick t'gether. But I want tah know wha' in th' nine hot 'ells you.. 'people' .. are." he said 'matter of factly' as he gestured to them all.

Finally, put his sword tip down to the ground, using his sword as a leaning post. He eyed Pete cautiously.

"An I'll be trustin' tha the lady o'er there shall ne'ere lay a finger on me brandy, lest he be wantin' but one hand from then on." he said, with a creepy grin at Pete.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

*Sneeze*

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:34 pm

Chuckling, Ieyasu lowered his spear, and began speaking in perfect, if somewhat accented, English.

"Indeed. If we stand a chance of getting out of this frozen wasteland, it's best we do it together. My name is Ieyasu Tokugawa, and I come from Japan. This does not, of course, mean I trust any of you farther than I can throw the corpse of that beast we felled, but I do trust you enough that I may extend my hand in friendship. All of you." With this, he turned back to the group, and more importantly, the Englishman that had come to their aid.

"You helped us, warrior, and I would like to know your name. The same for the gunman."

And thus, Ieyasu's small speech was finished.

Hawknfox

This is the best comeback I could think of. And -sniffle-

Unread postby Hawknfox » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:18 am

Pete spat at the ground, obviosly still very upset about being insulted. He then answered Tokugawa's question, one that seemed oddly familiar, while taking a shot back at the Scotsman, whom he still did not like.

"My name, Tokugawa, is Peter Gibbons. And for the record, I don't take much offense of being called a lady by a man wearing a skirt."

Zing!

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hawknfox>Hawknfox</A] at: 1/7/04 3:18 am

Firnthuleien

Re: This is the best comeback I could think of. And -sniffle

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:48 pm

"Shows ye what ye know. On'y a shat'red an' brok'n man wi't no confidence in 'is man'ood would be thinkin' this 'ere be a skirt. I's a kilt, haggas fer brains." he said with a smirk.

"An' I'll be callin' ye a lassie 'til ye can prove yerself worthy of bein' called o'erwise." he added, twisting his moustache between his fingers.

"Wha' a sorry bunch we go' 'ere.....A pansy 'oo thinks 'ehs a man, a nutt'r from Gip Pan, an' god knows wha' else." he though, eyeing them critically.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=firnthuleien>Firnthuleien</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/8/04 1:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs