Planewalker (Plane of Fire Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Raishilliah

School is evil. *nodnod*

Unread postby Raishilliah » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:59 pm

(Eeeples. School is evil and delaying my GM posts and such. Also, as a side note, Dia is apparently not going to be arpeeing for a while, so I must NPC Siz. If I'm making her out of character in the next few posts, let me know, okay?)

The ship sailed on peacefully, leaving barely a ripple in its wake. The peacefulness of the ship was rather the opposite of the crew. A split second earlier, one had come from the lower decks and rung a tiny bell almost invisible to the eye. Now, the sailors scurried about as if a hurricane was coming and stampeded through the door. Something was afoot. That something was a food break.

One of the few who remained trudged cautiously up to Caina and Charon.
"Excuse me..." he muttered, "if you would like to join the sailors in their meal... well, they are having it now." He didn't look very pleased at having second shift again, and it showed by the slight glower he was giving the floor. Picking up his mop once more, he stalked away.

Siz, meanwhile, after probing the deck for a good while and peppering the sailors with questions as they moped about their work, had proceeded to join the rest in lunch.

Raishilliah grimaced as the bell was rung. She wouldn't be joining them, that was certain.
"Are you going to be going to lunch, Yamna?" she asked the older phoenix who stood nearby looking out to sea.
"No," he answered shortly. "It is going to be hectic in there as is, and there is no need to add to that."
She sighed in relief.
"Good. Someone else will be staying, then."
Yamna looked at her a bit strangely. "Why will you not go?" he inquired. "If I may ask, that is."
'Do you know what they... serve?" Without waiting for an answer, Liah plunged on. " It is some of that imported meat... chocobo, I think they call it. They are eating animals that could be..." She stopped, a look of indignance etched across her face.

Yamna suddenly rushed over to the ship's edge.
"Raishilliah. Do you see that?" He pointed out to sea, and off in the distance the could see a line of black clouds.
"A storm..." Liah said softly.

Uncle Pervy

Re: School is evil. *nodnod*

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:37 pm

Caina had no desire to go bustle about in dishonorably close quarters with people who had no real regard for nature. "Another time," she says to the sailor. "You may wish to note the clouds above." She motions to the darker clouds. "So do eat swiftly."

Estrella Y Luna

Re: School is evil. *nodnod*

Unread postby Estrella Y Luna » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:32 am

Charon nodded her head in agreement with Cina. "It's looks heavy. Thank you for the offer, but I have my own food." Charon said.

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:25 pm

Apon smelling the odor coming from the room in which they were eating inside the ship, Myrii immediately made a face and turned away. "EUGH!," he groaned, "How could they eat such a thing!? It smells as if they're cooking eachother in there; I can even smell the burnt feathers!" He said, grimacing. "Count me out of eating for a while..."

Darkphoenixfri13

Re: ...

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:16 am

Caecilius turned swiftly when he heard Myrii's groan of disgust and then sniffed the air. "Heh. You can smell the burnt feathers. I won't be eating either since I don't think it is necessary for me to eat at this moment." After that, he looked down at the colorful water just starting at it.

Raishilliah

Meow! ^^

Unread postby Raishilliah » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:13 pm

The sailor spun around, gazing at the horizon. A split second later, he had morphed and was soaring into the mess hall.
Caina and Charon could hear the captain's roar...
"What the $#%@ is it this time, Kyrin?! It better be a good excuse. None of this trying to get out of swabbing duty, got me?"

"It's good, Captain," he squeaked. "There's a storm coming. A bad one."

The meal was abandoned and a hoarde of sailors rushed onto the deck.
"Why wasn't this seen before?" demanded the captain. "It came into sight during the beginning of lunch break, by the looks of it... oh."

High atop the crows nest lay a mass of feathers that was the sleeping lookout, soon to be awakened by the captain's bellow,
"Wake up, boy! There's a storm coming and you would have slept through it!" He glared. This wasn't the first time that the phoenix had fallen asleep on the job- fortunately for him, he wasn't usually caught.

"Everyone get the ship ready. This isn't going to be a mild one. You eight..." He gestured to Myrii, Talon, Charon, Caina, Yamna, Siz, and Rai. "Get below decks."

"But sir," Raishilliah protested, "I have handled some storms. I.. I could help out."

"No. This is a arwyri storm. You're going below. Those kind aren't for anyone except experienced sailors."

She reluctantly trudged below, followed by Yamna and Siz, who didn't look particularily afraid.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=raishilliah>Raishilliah</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/30/03 7:41 pm

Estrella Y Luna

Re: Meow! ^^

Unread postby Estrella Y Luna » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:21 pm

Charon picked herself up and followed slowly behind the others. She looked over her shoulder to the sky, and almost said something but stayed silent. The sudden storm seemed odd. "Maybe this has some connection with the fog." She said to herself as she went down the steps.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:53 am

Caina followed around as well. making some plans. If worse came to worst, she could make a nice ice coffin to float away in. At least long enough to outlast the storm.

"Now I'm curious as to how much this little storm did sneak up on us. Seems rather sudden, unless they don't have anyone onboard who can read the weather."

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:55 am

Hm. I wonder why they didn't notice the storm sooner," said Caecilius while scratching his head, "Could this be more crafty work from the one who made that fog a while back?" Caecilius walked down the steps reaching into what was left of his armor scratching an itch he had on his chest.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:27 am

Caina snorted. "Congratulations," she said sweetly, "You managed to exactly parrot everything I said and implied. You're on your way to having an independent thought yet."

Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 12/31/03 4:30 am

Halitosis

Unread postby Halitosis » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:21 pm

Myrii followed the others down to the lower decks. He could hear the crew scrambling about above him. He could hardly see anything; there was someone blocking the entrance to the lower decks, and whatever lights there were down there must have been extremely dim. He looked around as he waited for his eyes to adjust. He could see some light coming from Raish, though. But not much; Someone was standing in front of her, too.

Raishilliah

;_; So sawwy!

Unread postby Raishilliah » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:23 pm

(Well, I'm such a lazy bugger. Hopefully, most of you haven't left the board (referring to peeps that are not Pervster)...)

The storm was coming closer. Even those who had never been on the sea in their lives could sense it. That is, if they weren't complete numbskulls. The boat's gentle swaying had turned into an unpleasant bobbing and tilting about, and the sky outside was darkening at an incredible rate. The group found themselves thrown into nearly-complete darkness. Though it was midday, it seemed to be late dusk. If anyone had been able to see their surroundings, they likely would have very very quickly gone to another part below deck.

The storm hit all too soon. Raishilliah found herself grabbing at things (mostly chairs and the like) to keep from falling over. The ship was nearly on its side more than once, and a flash of light showed them the danger of where they were. Stacked against the wall were hundreds of large barrels, all looking slightly precarious where they were. As the ship tipped again, there was a tremendous creaking and they all came rolling toward the group. Most were hit rather hard, and as Raishilliah slipped unconscious (she had been hit in the head by a rather heavy one) she willed that she was never, never, never again taking a boat anywhere.

(If your character is fairly good at dodging, they would likely only be injured. If they aren't, they're probably unconscious like Raishilliah.)

Estrella Y Luna

Re: ;_; So sawwy!

Unread postby Estrella Y Luna » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:14 pm

((wow... it's been awhile... well, I'm still here a willing to continue :) ))

Charon felt her stomach begin to tumble about as the boat continued to rock. She had put her hand again the wall behind her to help steady herself, though when the boat tossed the opposite direction she would stumble a step then regain the awkward balance she now had. With the flash of lightning she noticed the barrels and as the boat rocked back she lost her balance completely and fell against the wall. The only warning she had was the crack of the bindings breaking. She didn't know which way to go, so she tried to push herself up out of the way. She felt one barrel hit her left lag and another hit her right shoulder. There was an odd crunch somewhere in her body, but she wasn't awake long enough to figure out where. She hit the ground hard and was then surround completely by darkness.

Uncle Pervy

Re: ;_; So sawwy!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:00 pm

Caina, for her part, seemed to weather the rocking and churning well enough. If nothing else, she maintained control of her stomach. That was respectable enough, even if she were occasionally thrown about.

When the barrels broke lose, Caina did the only honorable thing. Thinking quicky, she raises a wall of ice around herself, and lets the barrels collide into it. Leaving it up, she is content to wait out the storm and the barrels flying about within her barrier. Though being tossed against icewalls is hardly a comfortable way to travel.

Halitosis

Roar.

Unread postby Halitosis » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:23 am

Myrii sat in a corner trying not to get sick; he was not used to the churning oceans. He tried to take as much in of the surroundings as possible when there were breif flashes of lightning, but he was sitting against some of the barrels, so he did not see them, only a mess of creatures strewn about the lower decks, some soaking wet. That was the last thing he remembered.

Darkphoenixfri13

Sorry to ruin your fun, but I've returned...

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:43 pm

((OOC: What the subject says...))

Caecilius tried his hardest to dodge the rubble that descended upon them all but had no luck. He could have tried to burn what was coming down but that could had started a whole other problem. The tipping of the boat didn't make him sick but did annoy him enough to take his attention away.

"All this is getting very ann-"

At that moment something hard hit his head and left a dent into his helmet. He fell to the floor on his stomach with a thud and things continued to fall on his head until everything became black.

Previous

Return to Other RPs