Planewalker (Plane of Fire Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
LostDreamer

The journey begins!

Unread postby LostDreamer » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:08 pm

Taking in the sights, Charon walks a little ways away from the group and seats herself Indian style against the base of a tree, facing away from the small party of travelers. "Wake me when you need me to be on watch" she said over her shoulder, and closed her eyes in a meditative state to calm her nerves.

Angel of Fire

Re: The journey begins!

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:57 pm

Raishilliah turned around and walked back.
"All right. You will take the first watch, then? Let us know if any trouble arises."
She raised her arms and whispered something, a small bubble about the size of a dime appearing in her hands. She wove them slowly in an intricate pattern, speaking to it as if it were a person. Soon, a balloon-like bubble appeared in front of her.
"Good night everyone!" Liah smiled and stepped into her bubble. She was already starting to dose off as she levitated it to the nearest tree, mostly for a nap, but she did have a reasonably good view of everything.

Uncle Pervy

Re: The journey begins!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:46 pm

Caina simply makes herself comfortable off to the side. She hoped that Sizreina would take the second watch. It should go to someone honorable, after all.

And thus she waited.

Darkphoenixfri13

I'm back!

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:58 pm

Caecilius almost did not notice the group leaving so he hurried to catch up. When they reached the campsite Caecilius was going to volunteer for keeping watch but he was to slow so he let it be. He whispered something to himself in a different language and started to kick up some dust by flapping his wings and took off for a midnight flight since he did not feel like sleeping.

(OOC: Sorry for the absence but I have been doing alot of things and have had no time to roleplay but its a three day weekend so I will be able to roleplay.)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkphoenixfri13>Darkphoenixfri13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/30/03 2:01 pm

Angel of Fire

Re: I'm back!

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:24 pm

The clearing was peacefully quiet. A few fireflies flitted past the camp and the salamanders danced among the golden leaved trees. They cast a firey shadow over the camp and rustled softly.

Raishilliah struggled to keep her eyes open. It was so nice, being able to stay here...
And then she saw the flames.
Almost immediately, she was wide awake and scanning the other side of the forest.
Let me see... It looks humanoid, firey... Oh great. It IS a fire elemental.
Liah urgently called the group.
"Everyone, there is a fire elemental coming near here. Try to not startle it and we may be able to avoid a fight. Unless of course it is a rouge one..."

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:54 pm

Caecilius saw the fire elemental then started to dive down for an attack, but suddenly heard liah informing them not to startle it so he ascended into the sky once more seeing if the elemental would attack. " Lets hope we don't have a fight on our hands."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkphoenixfri13>Darkphoenixfri13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/31/03 1:06 pm

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:13 pm

"Well throwing a panic isn't going to do anything," Caina says. "We aren't exactly presenting the picture of friendliness and welcome, are we now?" Were these ephemerals s dishonorable that they knew nothing of recieving a guest?

"And someone telepath that scaled idiot and tell him to get on the ground before he gives us away to even more travelers."

Caina simply waited, keeping her seat and truning to face the direction Liah had indicated. She hoped that the draconian whose bame she never bothered to learn wouldn't do anything stupid. Though freezing his wing joints while he was trying to blindly attack and letting him plummet would be a lovely show of friendship toward the elemental...

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:59 pm

Raising an eyebrow at all the commotion, and hearing the request of the elf, Charon calmly raises to her feet and walks father into the wooded area without a sound.

IM: At least I am in a terrain I can manage.
Coming to a small opening in the covering, she hops into the air a few meters below Caecilius.

"Hey ... you need to get back to the camp ... we don't need the locals mad at us..." she called up to him as softly as she could and immediately glided back down the covered earth below.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:14 pm

Sizreina bounced up as if she'd been waiting for this.

"Fire elemental? Ooo, I never met one of those before. What're they like, Liah?"

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:18 pm

Caecilius then understood and glided safely to the ground near Charon. " I hope you can forgive me."

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:41 pm

Raishilliah squinted at the approaching elemental and frowned. This was not looking good.
"Hmm? Oh. Well, there are probably more than one kind. They are usually peaceful creatures and fairly intelligent, as well, but occasionally you get the rouge ones. They basically do not respond to communication and burn anyone in their territory. Kind of rabid in their own way. Let me see if this is a rouge one."

Raishilliah approached the fire elemental, a tall creature with a humanoid form and flames leaping from its body. She closed her eyes for a moment as hissing and crackling noises came from it. She opened them again and began to speak as if she herself was a living fire. Liah was not looking very calm anymore as it hissed back its answer.
This is not looking good...
"Dear Nilynea, this is a rouge one!"
(She was speaking the language of fire. And first combat!)
Combat Order:
Fire Elemental
Sizreina
Raishilliah
Caina
Talon
Myrii
Charon
--------
The fire elemental summoned a fireball in one blazing hand, and with a hissing roar threw it towards Talon.
(Siz, you're next!)

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:53 pm

Looking towards the camp, Charon could see lights flare up and knew things had changed, for the worse. "This can't be good..."
turning to face Caecilius she calmly said "Lets get over there as quietly as we can. We might be able to surprise the thing ... or something along those lines ... and I might need you to hit me."

Without another word she disappeared to the left of the camp, and hid herself behind a tree and brush, waiting for the right moment to surface.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:36 pm

"We could just leave it's territory," Caina suggests. Inside, though, raged a number of indignant thoughts. How dare that thing try to claim the road?! No honorable creature tries to do that!

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:51 am

Myrii sighed. "Just as I was getting comfortable--A fire elemential attacks us. Typical," he said, "This always happens to me." Myrii began warming up before he would attack. He knew to wait, the others would attack before him. He already planned how he would attack...

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:33 pm

The fireball kept going, and by the smallest of distances missed Talon, barely grazing his shoulder.

Raishilliah frowned. Of all her luck, the one fire elemental that she had met the whole day was rouge.
Ah well, it cannot be helped. Let me see... the only one that might accidentally heal it is Myrii. Good.
"Myrii! Whatever you do, do not use fire on it."

She began charging up a spell, a small blue patch of something in her hand growing larger.
I am ready...

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:54 pm

Caina sighed. Well, she had suggested trying to meet it halfway. It wasn't her fault if they were too stubborn to do it. She gathered a simple icebolt spell to herself, just in case. But honestly, she had no intention of attacking something wanting to defend its home.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:14 pm

"Oh no..."

Sizreina took a few steps toward the fire elemental, hands outspread in a peaceful gesture. "Let's not fight here," she suggested simply in her most convincing, charming voice. "We need not hurt each other."

(an attempt at mediation is her turn)

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:45 pm

Caina smiled. The honorable lead by example. "Would it help if we left?" she asks. "I'm certain that can be arranged."

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:36 pm

"No fire?" Myrii thought to himself. That's when he realised what exactly they were fighting. It's a fire elemential. Obviously! Fire wouldn't do damage to it! What had he been thinking?

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:21 pm

The fire elemental calmed for a split second, but unfortunately, other than that there was absolutely no effect. In fact, the fire elemental seemed, if possible, to be giving off a stronger aura of almost... ravaged insanity.

Raishilliah shuddered. You found this kind sometimes and she had to wonder if maybe they were that way when they came into existance.
"No, Caina, leaving would not be a very good option right now. Once this kind has what is left of its mind set on turning us into small piles of ash, it does not forget said goal."

And with that, she formed the deep blue patch into a shard of ice and sent it flying toward the fire elemental.

Raishilliah's ice bolt almost missed the fire elemental entirely, hitting one "arm" and melting on contact. The elemental hissed in pain as a small bit of the flame went out. It was only a small wound.
(Caina, your turn)
(Oh, and in case I need to poke people, Lost Dreamer and DP, do you have AIM screen names? (I already know the other ones.))

Edited by: Angel of Fire&nbsp; Image at: 9/5/03 8:29 pm

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:48 pm

( OOC: My screen name is DrkPhoenixFri13. Just take away the A from the word dark and you have my screen name! I will change this to a post later.)

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:23 pm

Caina sighed. To see a proud and pure being fall into dishonor... She wasn't certain whether or not to be more sad that she had to work with the dishonorable, or that the one she was facing had dishonored itself more than Caecilius.

She unleashed a small flurry of Ice crystals at the Elemental. The Spell was designed to test the creature more than actually hurt it. Of course, if it wasn't in proper form...

Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 9/5/03 9:25 pm

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:54 pm

The elemental evaded most of the ice crystals, but a few of them made contact, melting on contact and destroying a tiny bit of its "left arm". It was clearly not happy about this, because it started charging something. And judging by the fact that it was soon a fireball roughly the size of a large plate and still growing, it wasn't going to be pretty.

(Talon, your turn)

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:13 pm

The fireball that hit Caecilius' shoulder did not hurt him because of the heavy armor but he sure felt it. " A fire elemental... I was definitely not prepared for such a beast." Caecilius took off into the air and then started to spiral down and turned before hitting the ground heading straight for the elemental, but tilted a bit to where he would not hit it directly so that he wouldn't be captured.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkphoenixfri13>Darkphoenixfri13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/5/03 10:20 pm

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:35 pm

Talon ripped through the air, heading for the elemental. Unfortunately for him, his attack did next to nothing, putting out a slight bit of the flames from the wind, and the half of his body that had grazed against the fire elemental on fire.

Raishilliah winced. That did not look pleasant, but she was not about to waste her mana on someone else's stupidity. Maybe if he could put it out himself...

(Myrii's turn, and as a side note, my new avatar, as you may have guessed, is indeed Raishilliah.)

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:53 pm

Caecilius flew upwards and quickly hoping to put out the flames. " Damn, too bad I don't know any ice magic, that seems to be working pretty good."

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:57 pm

Myrii leapt into the air, swiping his wing out from where he was. A small whirlwind formed when he swung the wing out, getting bigger, and bigger, untill a good sized little whirlwind was formed, and blew into the beast.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:10 pm

Myrii's whirlwind did a reasonable amount, blowing out a good sized chunk of "leg" and, unfortunately, blowing down a tree.

The fire that was burning Talon's body and armor did not go out, despite his flying like a dancing salamander baby. In short, the flames on his face went out, and the rest continued to burn, slowly eating away at his armor. He would need new armor and/or medical intervention if it was not put out soon.

(Charon's turn)

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:58 am

"Fool..." Charon exhaled under her breath glancing up a Talon ... and she jumped from behind her hiding spot trying to catch the elemental's attention...

"Hey you puffball!" she called out the creature and unsheathed her sword taking the hilt and ramming it into the left side. Immediately her body was swarmed by soft light and she was gone in a flash only to reappear in front of the best as a 6'' fey...

"Follow me!" she exclaimed as she quickly darted away trying to cause the elemental to follow her away from the group.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:13 am

The fire elemental watched Charon for a moment, and far from being led away, it simply stood there for a moment and shaped the enormous mass of flame that it had created towards her. At any rate, the chances of her dodging it were slim to none.

(Siz, your turn)

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:41 am

Caecilius thought fast before he lost his armor, and flew to the ground where he saw a good amount of soil. He felt the heat penetrating through his armor and was quickly gong from first degree burns to second. He Removed the top plate of his armor and set it on the ground. Then he removed some plates that covered his legs and started to flap his wings kicking up dirt. His skin could be sen that it was scarred with minor to severe second degree burns. The dirt covered him and it was hopefully put the flames on his armor and some of his leg out. " Even if my armor is destroyed I may not need it soon. "

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:53 am

Some of the flames went out, but a few on his back lingered. One look at Talon's armor would tell anyone that a few minutes more would diminish it to nothing. Already there were enormous holes burnt into it, and the top half was turning into ash.

The fireball that was heading toward Charon and grazing several others made contact, setting quite a bit of her on fire. She would need to quell the flames soon or suffer major burns, as minor ones were already developing.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:12 am

Siz sighed and grasped her arms in her hands, crossing her arms over her chest. Visible to anyone who looked closely at her, she was shaking just ever so slightly...in anger, perhaps? Or fear?

She tilted her head down, eyes focusing on the ground, and chanted quietly, in the language of the ryuujin, as the astral plane around the elemental twisted and warped to her bidding...

(Casting a slow spell on the elemental)

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:33 am

The fire elemental roared in rage as it found its movements slowed and saw everyone moving faster than it. It reached out at Siz very slowly, at about the speed of a snail.

Raishilliah saw a blaze and was immediately alerted to a fact: Charon had taken the full blast of the elemental's spell. She rushed over and chanted quickly under her breath. Soon an ordinary looking bubble formed itself over Charon. Liah pulled out her staff and jabbed it once, as a bit over a gallon of water doused Charon, putting out the flames.

(Caina's turn)

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:50 pm

"Stupid...beast..." Charon cried as she jolted upright. "That hurt. Thank you." She said as she bobbed in front of Lilah's face.
"Now what? This thing is out to get us all..."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=lostdreamer@rpgww60462>LostDreamer</A] at: 9/6/03 6:12 pm

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:03 pm

Raishilliah glanced at the fire elemental for a moment before answering.
"Out to get us all? Only because it saw us in its territory. Could have happened to anyone. And so far, ice seems to work fairly well, among other things. Speaking of which, could you see if Talon is all right?"

She talked very fast, hoping that no one else would get badly injured.

Edited by: Angel of Fire&nbsp; Image at: 9/6/03 6:20 pm

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:13 am

Caecilius saw where the remaining flames were coming from and removed his scabbard and threw it on the ground. It would probably go out when it hit the dirty ground. He then looked at his armor and put on what he could, and stomped the rest to ashes. He looked at himself, his entire abdomen was exposed but he seemed to not care and he had salvage a plate or two that went on his shoulders. " It was damaged a bit already anyway. I'll have to get new armor another day I guess."

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:23 am

"Right... I'm not good with those charm but I will heal Talon as much as I can." And she swooped away. Coming to face him, there was a great flash of light and her human form stood before Talon without a scratch.

"Here, let me help." She said in a soft voice and put her hand in front of his abdomen area concentrating on his life force. Attempting to manipulate the natural body to heal itself faster, Charon strained against Talon's wounds.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:45 am

Talon's wounds shrunk, sealed, and finally dissappeared altogether. The signs that he had been set on fire had dissappeared altogether, except for a small greyish burn mark on his back.

Raishilliah breathed a sigh of relief. Good. They were healed, and neither of them were much the worse for being set on fire, with the exception of Talon's armor, which had recently become a small pile of ash. There was no saving that anymore.

She looked at the fire elemental for a moment and smiled. If a bunch of little ice shards did not work, maybe several larger ones would?
But then something occured to her.

"Charon, I have an idea. Leading it away did not seem to work, so maybe you could get an ice sword?"
She held up her palm which showed the beginnings of an ice spell on it to show Charon what she meant.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Sep 07, 2003 2:10 pm

Caina was no longer amused. She and Myrii were going to have a talk about using magic recklessly. A phoenix should know how to conduct itself Honorably! It was already rather vexing that Charon decided to mock her cousins with that form.

Still, that was for later. Right now, Caina focused her displeasure at the Elemental. It was strong, indeed. Focusing a bit of energy, she gathers ice beneath the thing. Then, when the moment was right, she urged it to rise. A large stalagmite of ice shoots from the ground under the Elemental, seeking to impale it.

Caina was more worried about whether or not the ground would be hurt by the spell than whether it actually hit or not. It should phase through the dirt and plantlife, rather than tearing it asunder. But things in this plane are sometimes odd...

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs