Planewalker (Plane of Fire Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Angel of Fire

Re: and the ants go marching one by one

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:10 pm

Raishilliah had to smile.
"Yes, it is safe to drink... although probably thicker than the water that you are used to. Taste..." She pondered for a moment at this, unsure of how to describe the taste of it.
"... it would taste more pure and sweet than ordinary water. Maybe you would like to try some when we get there?"

Yamna mulled over Liah's information for a moment. One of the Erelni, those cursed to never planewalk in the way of phoenixiri... They were one in a trillion, and yet somehow one had appeared. It was almost surreal...

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:20 pm

"Sounds lovely." Charon said plainly, studying the color of the distant water. It seemed to make sense due to the coloring.
Shrugging her shoulders, she looked over to the new comer and notice a bewildered expression on his face. 'Musing to himself I suppose,' she thought.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:00 pm

Raishilliah sighed in relief. The last thing she had wanted was to be climbing at night... It seemed reasonable to hurry to the ocean.

"Shall we be off? The ocean awaits."

Yamna decided to take the lead up the last hill. His thoughts were still on the strangeness of this whole affair...

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:45 pm

Walking up the hill, Myrii noticed a bit of orange haze forming around them. "Fog?" He thought to himself.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:59 pm

There was indeed an orange haze, light in color and thick enough to obstruct their vision. As the group continued the ascent, it gradually became thicker until Yamna and Raishilliah had to stop because all they could see was the fog. It had engulfed them and now they were stranded on a mountainside, unable to see anything.

"We are stopping here. It is too dangerous to continue climbing in this kind of fog. All of us shall have to wait for it to clear a bit," Liah called through the haze, hoping that they could still hear her. At least some of them would have enough common sense to stop regardless of whether they heard or not...

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:04 pm

Caina glances over. Then she arcs an eyebrow and asks, "Is this quite normal for the fog here? I must say, I'm a bit suspicious of it."

She looks at it on the astral spectrum, not quite comfortable with mist of odd; to her; colors appearing suddenly like this.

Edited by: Uncle Pervy  Image at: 10/11/03 11:06 pm

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:21 pm

Raishilliah frowned. She was nomore comfortable with this than anyone else was. It seemed unnatural, to be sure.
"No, Caina, this is the first time that I have ever seen the fog here and I have passed by many a time. You have good reason to be suspicious of it."

Yamna was clearly bewildered. He gazed at the fog puzzledly, a small frown etched across his face.
"I know this mountain range as well as my hand, and in all of my days I have never seen anything even similar to this..."

Caina's scan revealed that the fog was definitely magical, and she could detect it definitely being of a dark nature. However, it did not seem alive.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:42 pm

"It's dark magic," she says, "And quite unnatural if our guides have it right. We best gett out of it quickly."

Caina was starting to feel very uneasy. She did not trust those whom she was not certain to be honorable to use dark magicks properly. One did not dabble in that aspect of the cycle lightly; it was simply too dear to risk without honor to temper it.

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:38 pm

Myrii mumbled some words under his breath, and a small flame, about the size of a marble, appeared in front of him; Myrii expected it to do something to the fog, maybe clear it up a small bit around the flame. He moved it around, and the fog was uneffected.
"I don't know why I expected it to do anything..," He thought to himself. He mumbled several more words under his breath and the flame dissapeared, with a small wisp of smoke floating off from where it was.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:56 pm

Raishilliah's face drained of any color that it had. Strange fogs were one thing, but dark magic was entirely another.
"But how are we to leave here if we cannot see? It will be difficult..." Her tone was paniced as she called into the fog,
"Myrii! Talon! Charon! Sizreina! Where are you?"

Edited by: Angel of Fire  Image at: 10/12/03 4:05 pm

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:49 pm

The fog was so sudden. He heard the voices of the group but could not see them. Saw a small flicker of light but then it faded.

"In all the times i've come here I have never seen this. Who could be behind this?" Caecilius heard Liah's panicking voice and then mumbled something. His fists glowed in flame and he answered, " I'm here. Maybe this fog does not reach all the way up and we can maybe fly over it and just have the ones who cannot fly, hang on to someone."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkphoenixfri13>Darkphoenixfri13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/12/03 2:54 pm

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:58 pm

Charon slipped on a few loose rocks when she heard Lilah call her name. She had noticed the fog and stopped though didn't say much because she was not sure where she was, and could not hear the rest of the group except for soft whispers of conversation. The call was close but she had a feeling the fog distorted the sound, and her stomach lurched with an ominous feeling latching onto her mind.

"I'm right here! Where did this fog come from?" Charon called out. She did not want to move, less she travel in the wrong direction.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:04 pm

Raishilliah let out a soft sigh. They could not see each other, let alone where the mountain ended. Flying was much too dangerous.
"Talon!" she called. "Flying is definitely not a good idea here. You have to take into account that we cannot even see where the mountain ends..." Then she turned to where she thought that Charon's voice had come from.
"Charon? We do not know where the fog came from, but we need to get out of it as soon as possible."

Yamna began to continue, one step at a time, trying to find a path for the rest.

LostDreamer

ick...fog

Unread postby LostDreamer » Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:13 pm

"Then how should we proceed?" Charon called out as she took cautious steps towards Lilah's voice.

Angel of Fire

Brick walls of fog

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:57 am

Raishilliah took a few deep breaths, trying to stay calm.

"Yamna is going ahead of us to find the path... and then we will follow him. It is risky, but not as much so as staying here."

Meanwhile, Yamna cautiously made his way up the mountain, advancing one step at a time. Even so, the path was becoming more clear to him the farther he got away from them. Yamna looked up in surprise, finding that the fog had cleared as he walked. The sun was streaming down on him once again. Turning, he saw the wall of orange fog reaching as far up as he could see. What was this strange mist?

Edited by: Angel of Fire&nbsp; Image at: 10/13/03 11:04 am

Uncle Pervy

Re: Brick walls of fog

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:53 am

Caina, for her part, simly kept calm and walked with Yamna and Liah. Even if this was Dark Magic, Panicking like an ephemeral would achieve nothing. Best to keep patient and react when the time was needed

"Sizreina," she calls, "are you out there? Follow my voice."

If the rest did, all the better for them. If not, oh well.

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:21 pm

Myrii heard his name drift through the fog. It sounded like Raishilliah, he thought. He started to advance to the direction it came from, but immediately slipped on a round, loose rock, falling to his back. "Who--Agh!" he called out with a thud onto the ground. Moving around, he decided, would not be a good idea.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:28 pm

"I'm here!" Sizreina called back. "I'll follow the sound of your voice. Oh, this is strange. What could be causing it?"

Sizreina frowned into the fog -- an uncommon expression to be found upon her face, but one that was, fortunately, not witnessed by those around her. "Could it be...?" her voice dropped somewhat. "Does someone want to interfere with our mission? And how would they know about it, and why would they want to...?"

Angel of Fire

But who could it be?

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:07 pm

"Myrii? Was that you?" Raishilliah called. It had sounded remarkably like someone crying out in pain. Perhaps Myrii had slipped.

Sizreina's questions brought similar ones up in Liah's mind. It really did seem like someone was trying to interfere.

But who? The only ones that would know about it were at... at the meeting... She realized the truth in these thoughts. Someone that was at the meeting was trying to interfere... But for what purpose, she mused.
"Siz, I think someone does... As for why, I have no idea... But the only ones that knew about it were at the meeting. Someone there..." She trailed off, fathoming the possibility of one of the Plane's residents that would not want the mission to succeed.

Yamna, now out of the fog, had reached the summit of the last mountain. He turned, baffled at what he saw. It seemed that the fog was there simply as an annoyance, not for causing real harm. Or maybe... to delay them from their goal. But why would anyone want to?

"The fog does not continue far! Follow my voice, if you can," he called into the fog, hoping that they would not have too many problems.

The fog was no clearer, and all the group could see was seemingly endless orange fog, now and then having a tiny break in it, only about a hair's breadth wide, where the sunlight streamed in.

pd Rydia

Re: But who could it be?

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:21 pm

Sizreina dutifully followed the sound of Yamna's voice, eyes wide and mind turning over what Liah had said...

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:19 am

"Yes, that was me. I fell on a sharp rock. Quite a...lovely..feeling." He said sarcasticly, getting up off the ground. He heard Yamna call out to come forward. He followed it, careful not to slip on any more rocks.

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:52 pm

Not sure where she was heading, Charon turned to Yamna's voice and trudged on blindly. The rocks below her feet seemed to slip with any little pressure placed on them.

'This is only because you can't see them. Concentrate father on the path, just concentrate.' Charon told herself, though deeper she was trying not to think about the edge on the cliff they had been so close to earlier.

"Could it have been one of the care takers who help the man who came through? Maybe they want him to stay for some reason?" Charon called out with suggestions to the others comments. Then her foot slipped a little father than before, causing her to drop to one knee catching herself on it and her hands, exclaiming "Holy!"

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:43 pm

Raishilliah had a frown etched across her face. She didn't want to think that it was one of the Plane's residents, but who else could it be?
"Charon, why would they want him to stay...? It would put them and their home into danger."
No one else could it be, except... a traveler. Someone visiting. That had to be it. Someone visiting, maybe just playing a prank, perhaps? That had to be it, she determined.

Yamna let out a long sigh of relief. They came toward him, escaping from the mists. It was weighing on his mind heavily, however. Why was someone trying to delay them?

It was a relief to both of them that they were all safely out of the mists. If anyone turned, they would ne longer see any of the mists at all.

Edited by: Angel of Fire&nbsp; Image at: 10/19/03 7:40 pm

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:09 pm

Once leaving the unnatural fog, Siz gave her surroundings a good look around before walking over to Liah and Yamna.

"Well that was odd. It's kinda pretty from out here. Shall we continue on then?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:26 am

Caina had little to say on the subject, in the end. It really didn't matter who was trying to stop them. It would be a forfiet of honor in most cases, whomever was responsible. Identity wasn't all that important. Whoever they were, they were dabbling in Shadow magicks, and that was a good indication of their power.

Trying to keep her footing, she asks, "How much further, do you think?"

Raishilliah

Unread postby Raishilliah » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:42 pm

They had almost reached the mountain summit. The ocean was in plain view, swirling from red to orange to pink and back again. The sun beat down now more than ever, making it almost unbearably hot. It was dusty near the summit, and this mountain's top was still there, with a few golden shrubs sparcely scattered on its side.

Raishilliah was less bothered now. It was just a prank, it seemed, albeit a dangerous one. It did not seem to be for causing harm. Regardless, those responsible would be punished. She could see to that...

She strode ahead, considering the punishment as she went.
"We should be to the ocean once we cross this mountain, although that is not the end of our journey by any means. We should reach the Holy Plane within a few days. From there I have no idea." She took hold of a rock to hoist herself further up the mountain before contiuing.
"We continue until our task is done. I do not know how long this will take, in all honesty."

Yamna strode up the mountain with years of experience to aide him. His mind was not on his climbing. Beneath his desperately cheerful face were thoughts of worry. This was off to a terrible start already. It seemed unfair that it should. The mission was for a good cause... and someone was against it.

For a brief moment his brow was lined in worry.
"Raishilliah, when we get to the Holy Plane... how are we going to retrieve the artifact and leave without a Celestial noticing? Even one..."

She was silent. The same question had crossed her mind, and the answer was not in their favor...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=raishilliah>Raishilliah</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/19/03 9:13 pm

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:17 pm

Myrii stumbled out of the fog. "Finally!" He exclaimed, the sunlight making his feathers blindingly bright and shiny.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:07 am

"We ask them, plain and simple," Caina says. "If they say no, then that is that. If you expect me to let you steal from the honorable..."

LostDreamer

family....

Unread postby LostDreamer » Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:33 pm

Finally getting her feet to work right, Charon let the rocks flow under her feet and slid out of the fog. Hopping into her next batch and ended next to the others.

"You would be surprised Caina, they take unforgivable actions into their hands as readily as those who set this fog against this group. I won't be welcomed in the realm, family being family and what not..." She added as Caina trailed off.

Uncle Pervy

Re: family....

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:54 pm

"If you aren't welcome, you shouldn't go." Caina says simply. "It wouldn't do to antagonize our hosts."

She hoped this emphemeral was not trying to lecture her on the nature of honor and the honorable. That would be sad beyond the point of being ironic. "The simple fact is that if they can't be convinced to give the relic freely, we have no business taking it."

Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 10/21/03 6:59 pm

LostDreamer

family....

Unread postby LostDreamer » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:29 pm

Raising an eyebrow at the elf, Charon simply turned away from Caina.
"No, I should not, but it seemed even they would be in a fighting situation at some point. I don't want lives of any kind lost, if they be of lowly dishonored poppers or that of your race, my race. I go to help others. Whether our 'hosts' will understand my reasons for coming to my father's home will be for me to deal with not this group." Charon tried to keep her voice collected. She knew the elf was right on different levels, but she knew her own past and how her own family played into it.

Placing a smile on her face she turned to Liah and asked "Shall I leave the group? I'd prefer to continue on, I have family matters in the Holy realm I have push away from me too long. Now is the best chance I have to appeal or correct or anything else to find family."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=lostdreamer@rpgww60462>LostDreamer</A] at: 10/21/03 8:10 pm

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:30 pm

Cae put the flame out and followed the voice and finally caught up with the rest and out of the fog. " Interesting prank... Not funny though. We should continue on unless we have some good clues on who the culprit is and to bring justice."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:01 pm

Caina wasn't going to buy the theatrics. She honestly didn't care if the Chimera came or not. But if the Celestials took offense to it, Caina had no intention of defending her.

And if the group intended to rob the honorable, she had no intention of aiding them in doing so. Quite the opposite, in fact...

Raishilliah

Re: Family...

Unread postby Raishilliah » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:29 pm

Raishilliah frowned, worry lining her face. Already there was quarreling among them.
"I do not see why you should go back to the town, Charon... if you truly have family matters in need of amending. Caina, I am not planning to steal it... my point was... it is less than likely that we can ask the entire plane. If even a few object there could be trouble." She sighed, considering if it would have been better to go with a different group of people. The thought was quickly pushed out of her head, although an anxious feeling remained.

Yamna closed his eyes and stood in silence for a moment. If this was a ship, he mused, this argument would be considered a mutiny. It was dangerous. He wasn't sure who's side he stood on... it was a mixture of both.
"Raishilliah has a point... we cannot ask ALL of them, after all... but you still have a point. I do not want to steal it any more than any of you do, but there is still the issue of this Ere... I mean, this man. Asking seems the most peaceable option."

Now they had crossed the slope, and below them was a dusty beach covered with shiny shrubs. Their colors blended together to make a flush of red, orange, and gold. Birds flew overhead, leaving tiny trails of smoke where they had flown. Beyond that, the ocean stretched as far as they could see.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:48 am

"Of course we aren't going to ask the whole plane," Caina answers. "But there will be someone in charge there. That is who we approach. And if needs be, we then go to whom he serves. And so on. We'll reach the proper authority soon enough."

She paid just enough attention to the surroudings to be certain she wasn't damaging them with her passage.

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:52 pm

"Let's just hope," Myrii said, walking forward, "that they won't say no. Caina's right, if they say no, then that's our answer, and that our mission is pointless. Trust me, stealing artifacts from planes like that is not a good idea..." He said, glancing around.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:17 pm

Siz plodded along silently, at the moment keeping her thoughts to herself.

Raishilliah

*GMs*

Unread postby Raishilliah » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:48 pm

(OOC: Righty, I'm just going to go ahead and move the plot already. Lost Dreamer and DP, please please post soon or we may have to go on without you.)

They had reached the ocean, clambering over the last hill without difficulty. Now the waters were before them, shiny and pinkish red. The waves crashed toward them but abated before they met the shoreline. There was an odd smell in the air... rather like lemons, smoke, and fresh flowers combined. In the west sky, rather close, the sky seemed to waver for a split second... and then came the noise. A piercing screetch, like the sound of a dying animal, filled the air, hurting the ears of everyone there. Though the noise died down, Raishilliah was visibly shaken.

Liah stood in silence, whispering something under her breath, something to the nature of, "...what was that..." Her face was paler than usual, now white as a sheet. Now she was sure of the mist being an interferance... and was that the sound of someone teleporting away, perhaps? Her mind was filled with worry. Someone was trying to stop them... this could be more dangerous than she had expected. Much more.

Yamna seemed unworried by the noise, though his eyes darted around the area, trying to spot anyone else that might have appeared. He didn't seem it, but he was truly worried.

Uncle Pervy

Re: *GMs*

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:58 pm

"I do hope that was natural..." Caina says. "I'll admit that I don't know this plane quite like my own, but I don't think that was a normal mating cry or anything of that sort."

She pondered readying a spell, as she looked toward the direction that they cry came from.

pd Rydia

Re: *GMs*

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:39 pm

"Miao," Siz stated. Her tail gave a lazy swish, but her eyes were alert and shining, and her ears swiveled back and forth constantly.

"What was that all about, then?" she asked after a moment of silence. "Do you think it was related to that fog, Liah?"

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs