Angelic Construct

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
ZuljinVernand

Angelic Construct

Unread postby ZuljinVernand » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:21 am

{OOC: I'm going to ask people to not join in for the time being until proper boundaries are set, etc. ~_~ Like every other idea in my head, this is simply starting as a thought experiment. If and when it becomes universally rp'able, then I'll start doing it in stages. Whatever that means. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself at this point in time. ^_^"}

"Through the countless millenia that I have lived, albiet that most of that time was spent in oblivian pondering my own existence, I am only now certain of five things.

1. That fate has something special in mind for me.
2. That things always come in three's, good or bad.
3. My life will never get easier.
4. The second great war is coming... Soon.
5. Fastfood never tastes half as good as you want it to, no matter how low your expectations are to start with.

On reflection, perhaps I should have said that the only thing I am completely certain about is number '5'." - Ian, reflecting on life.

The cigarette smoke curled through the air purposelessly as the young boy headed down the street of the inner city. He had no intention in mind as he followed the thrice beaten track that he himself had made for himself. The way he walked was testament to this. He walked as if he had no place to be, or that none cared if he was out there. It seemed like he was merely killing time.
The route took him around the outskirts of the city and then finally straight down the middle to where he started. He rarely detoured from this course, with the utter devotion of carefully placing his footsteps in the exact places he had before. This wouldn't have been a hard task for anyone to accomplish, as long as they had marked every single footstep of the way with a drawing implement. This boy had none of these things though, but still he found it no hard task. He could still see the energy residue of the footprints from where he had last walked the track three nights prior.

The boy stopped suddenly next to an alleyway between a nightclub and a closed fashion outlet. He waited patiently as a group of four people staggered drunkenly past him. It was late at night, and being a saturday it was not uncommon to find people that took the trek into the city to party.
Once the people had left and he was confident that no one would take notice of him, he gingerly stepped off his footprints and headed down the alleyway.
If anyone with any reliable psychic ability was watching and listening, they might have heard the strange metallic 'shing' of blades as they quickly emerged from their places. They might have felt the wave of energy as it cascaded over them. They might have seen the strange dimmed lines of shadows against the brick wall as something big and deadly lunged for the, much smaller in comparison, boy. If they were really reliable psychics then they might have seen a set of five claw like blades slash the beast to stun it momentarily, and then have seen the long blade vertically pass through the large beast from hip to head. Then they might have seen how heavily the creature hit the ground, and felt the small implosion of energy as it washed back towards its center.
Yet there was nothing close to a reliable psychic in the immediate area, so the young boy was relatively safe as he nervously walked out of the alleyway and once again continued his meticulous path.

His name was Ian. Well, technically it wasn't. He didn't have a name, but he often went by the name which he was expected to answer to. Coincidently, that name was 'Ian'. So he was 'Ian', or at least that's what he grudgingly accepted to people that were ignorant to his current situation. This 'Ian' was not normal, as one without a tainted human condition could tell. He was an Angel. One that had died a long time ago and been through the trauma of oblivion, only to be brought back to life into this strange and uncertain fleshy body.
He had not been alive that long, really. He had only been this way for just under six months. It had almost been six months now. Exactly six months. Six months since he had once again been brought into existence and had unknowingly forced the previous occupants soul into destruction, unwillingly taking posession of all the prior occupants memories. He would arge to some of his predecessors friends that were priviledged enough to know about him, about the mind and body question.
If memories and environment define the person, then technically I am still 'Ian'.
Yet none of this seemed to really matter to him at the moment. He had been betrayed. He had met two people through his workplace that had fit so correctly into the puzzle of life that he was trying to put together, only to find out that they were lying. They simply pretended to be what he thought they were, in order to keep him around. Funnily enough, this happened often. People were always trying to be around him. It was part of the comforting Aura he exuded.

He was angry and bewildered. Most everything he had known was wrong. The worst part of it was that the thing that he dearly wished to be wrong about, was not. He could feel it coming. He could taste it like a tang in the air as he wet his lips. There was... Anticipation looming in the future. The great war was close. He didn't know what was going to happen now.

He could only wait and see...

Return to Other RPs