Night at the Childs Manor (On indefinite hiatus)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Endesu
ラムレッダ

The Bedroom

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:24 pm

The first notable sight of this room were the walls. They were tiled in an orderly fashion: sequential 'bars' on each of the four walls in rather neart order.

Directly next to Alicia and Tara as they entered the door.. was a table. A small bird of some sort sat within, apparently still alive. Its attention was fixated elsewhere, but where this 'elsewhere' was was uncertain.

Just above the birdcage, on the wall, was a painting of a young brown-haired woman in a brown dress with black garter. On the back wall, there was a small painting, of a blonde-haired woman in a darker dress, with a hat. Both paintings were exceedingly dusty.

A small blue rug layered the floor, just below two hard-looking beds of soe sort. One bore no sheets or blankets, only a mattress (the left), and the right bed bore a luxurious red sheet.. which was also dust-ridden. It looked rather uncomfortable to touch or even consider resting on. Above each bed was a small lantern of some sort, hanging from the wall.. and a small, dirty mirror between the two.

A chandelier was just above the beds, on the ceiling.

At the very front of the room, there was what appeared to be a dresser of some sort. Fine wooden grain, four separate drawers. On top of this dresser, there was a large mirror of some sort.. a clean one, oddly enough.

To the right of this mirror, there was a small photo of some sort.

And, finally, just to the left of the beds, there was another door. Most likely leading into the room of the door that they had earlier skipped on.

Kotoki

Re: The Bedroom

Unread postby Kotoki » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:35 pm

Tara raised an eyebrow. "Not very clean, is it?" she remarked. "I wonder if this is one of the rooms that we're going to take."

She pondered having some fun with Alicia for a while, now that they were alone, but for once the prospect had little appeal to her. She was more interested in the rooms and what they contained. She walked over to the chest of drawers and pulled one open.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Bedroom Drawer

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:45 pm

Within the drawer, there was a crystalline bottle of Perfume. It beheld a glass exterior and golden-trimmed topper. The glass was rather clean, save for a fresh set of smeared fingerprints on the glass.

From the waft of smell that the bottle gave off in its small environment, Tara couldn't help but be reminded of the smell of Mistress Childs.

Ajil6

Re: Bedroom Drawer

Unread postby Ajil6 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:45 am

Alicia looked over to see what Tara was fiddling with as she walked over to the cage, and tapped it. "There is a bird in here." She stated, prodding the cage again, finally taking a step back.

"Whats that Tara? It smells gross."

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:23 pm

"I do believe," said Tara, "we've found some of Mistress Child's belongings." This was getting even more mysterious. She opened the next drawer.

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:09 pm

Alicia looked rather interested in this. "Oh? Keep digging, maybe you can find some dirt on her." Alicia was never one to blackmail, but she did enjoy learning and knowing things about people that they didn't know she knew.

She stepped away from the bird cage completely, and watched as Tara dug around. "Tell me if you find anymore. Alright?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:36 pm

The rest of the drawers were empty, except for the complementary dust within each. Apparently, the Perfume bottle was the only real item of value there.

The bird within the bird cage remained fixated on.. whatever it was fixated on.

The room remained silent..

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:04 pm

Tara, pushing the drawers closed again, shook her head. "Nothing else in here," she said simply. She walked over to the door leading into the first room and opened it.

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:43 pm

Alicia walked back over to the bird-cage, and stared at the bird inside for a few moments till she heard the click of the door. Shrugging, she made an annoying face at the bird, and followed the other girl out.

"So fearless leader, where too now?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Lounge Room

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:48 pm

This room was dark as well... yet a dim emnation of light from a purple-curtained window to the immediate left of the door - from the Moon, presumably - gave some visibility to this new room.

While the odor was still as unpleasant as ever - dusty, murky, and generally cloggy - this area looked far more comfortable then the last did. At the apparent center of the room was a red carpet that would have looked beautiful were it not for the dust that infested it. On top of said rug were two blue couches with gold-painted wooden trim, and a small table between the two. What looked to be some sort of candlabra hung above the two couches.

Behind these two couches, there was a fireplace of some sort - clearly one that had been out for some time. Above this fireplace was an empty frame of some sort. To the fireplace's left.. an odd painting of a rotted skull wailing within some sort of murky abyss.

Just below the painting, there was a television. Just in front of the television, leaning on the left wall, was a dresser, with a closed cardboard box on top.

To the left of this dresser, there was a light switch, and to the switch's very left, the door out.

Kotoki

Re: Lounge Room

Unread postby Kotoki » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:53 pm

"What a lovely painting!" exclaimed Tara with a brilliant smile. She walked to the light switch and flicked it on so as to see better.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

The Painting

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:59 pm

As Tara went to turn on the light..

Out of the corner of her eye.. and just for a moment.. the painting appeared to be bleeding via the eyesockets and mouth.

However, as soon as the light switch went up and the candelabra became lit, the blood seemed to disappear. As if it were a hallucination fo some sort.

The painting, in greater detail, was a grey-and-golden mixture of colours. The 'skull' could have been confused for a bony face, as the texture painted could have passed for either bone or rotting skin. A smaller object, presumably a 'face' of the same type, could be half-seen in the lower-right corner of the painting.

Behind the two faces/skulls was a swirling mixture of grey/golden streaks that cross-hatched at random intersections.

An odd painting for such an old woman, to say the least..

Ajil6

Re: The Painting

Unread postby Ajil6 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:00 am

Alicia noticed the painting, letting out a small gasp, then shaking her head as to clear it. "Interesting, to say the least. The family must like that Gyger guy... or whatever his name was..."

She walked near the window, looking out. "Wow. It's late out... The moon sure looks pretty tonight."

Kotoki

Re: The Painting

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:23 pm

"Mm," agreed Tara distractedly. Her attention was focused on the painting. Along with some of the prints in her books, she found it one of the most beautiful and fascinating pictures she had ever seen. She almost felt that it might start to bleed again if she looked hard enough...

Forcibly shaking herself from her reverie, she looked over to the cardboard box on top of the dresser. "I wonder what's in here?" she said, taking off the top.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Box

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:45 am

The cardboard box was empty.

... The TV suddenly flickered on, revealing nothing but static. This uproar of noise in the dim silence was surprising, to say the least.

Ajil6

Re: Box

Unread postby Ajil6 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:30 am

Turned quickly to the TV.

"Did you turn that on Tara?" She asked, startled. She walked over to the small box, staring at it for a moment. "But you're over there... and this doesn't seem to have a remote..." She frowned as she changed the channel. She didn't like black and white television.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Television

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:36 am

The TV knob did not work. Static remained..

In the silence of the room, the static cut through the air like a sharp knife..

Kotoki

Re: Television

Unread postby Kotoki » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:38 am

Tara, rather shocked despite herself, stared at the static. "As much as I love the idea of a haunted room," she said brightly, "this is a little unnerving. Let's go."

Ajil6

Re: Television

Unread postby Ajil6 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:48 am

Alicia gave Tara a slight nod and stood up, following her out of the room. She wasn't the type of person who really enjoyed watching TV, but a haunted TV that got absolutely no channels, not even haunted ones, rather bothered her.

But for now she assumed it wasn't haunted, it was probably a prank done by Tara or Rodney or someone else.

She once again, followed her out of the room.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Hallway, once again

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:50 am

They were near the exit of the hallway, now. Apparently, this was the first door they had passed by beforehand.

Now, there was a third door along the way, and another door at the end of the hall..

Kuro Kodomo

Re: Hallway, once again

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:12 am

"Alicia!" Krista came running down the hallway towards the two girls. It appeared as though Rodney had 'misplaced' the little girl.

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:31 am

Alicia blinked at Krista. "Why aren't you with Rodney?" She asked, turning around. "Tara and I are exploring, did he run off on his own?"

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:50 am

She shook her head, "I was...but." She held up Nanners, "I dropped him and when I looked up, Ney was gone."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

The Hallway, STILL

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:30 pm

Regardless of the situation..

The structure of the hallway remained, still.

Kuro Kodomo

Re: The Hallway, STILL

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:56 pm

Krista looked around and thn back to Alicia, "Where were you guys going?"

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:59 pm

Alicia continued walking down the hall, following Tara. "I'm following her. If you want to come, go for it. I wouldn't wander around here alone until we know the place better, y'know?"

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:31 am

Krista nodded and scampered after them. She thought it strange that Alicia would let Tara lead but as long as she didn't have to speak to her, Krista was happy following along.

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:49 am

Tara opened the door to the third room, slightly more carefully than she had the others. This house was a little unnerving.

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:21 pm

Alicia calmly followed behind Tara, dragging the smaller child by the hand. "Can you see inside there Tara?" She called to her from behind.

She idly wondered if this room had a TV too, and if so, what color the snow would be.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:26 pm

Krista jerked her hand away, "Too tight." She said, angerly. She made a face at Tara's back but said nothing more.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Dark Room.. (I suck. My apologies)

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:06 am

The room inside was dark, similar to the others before it, and there was no dim light to provide greater inner detail. However, the smell and air texture wafting out was warm - a moist warm. A source of water, maybe?

A very light 'snipping' sound was eminating from an indiscriminate point in the bathroom. It was, as stated, very light, and thus not much of a bother at present point..

Kotoki

Re: Dark Room.. (I suck. My apologies)

Unread postby Kotoki » Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:24 pm

Tara took one step into the room and searched along the wall for a light switch. "Do either of you have a lighter, or something?" she asked.

Ajil6

Re: Dark Room.. (I suck. My apologies)

Unread postby Ajil6 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:01 pm

Alicia shook her head. "Not really. I swipped one from a 7-11 once, but it's pretty much empty. And besides, there is probably a light switch in here somewhere anyway..."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Bathroom

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:03 pm

The light flickered on after a moment's hesitation, revealing a small 'washroom' of sorts. There was an old-fashioned sink with gnarled hot/cold knobs and mirror attached at the right wall. All cast in classic 'steel'. To the direct right of the door there was a towel holder of some sort, springing upward from the floor. Said object had a golden trim paint job to it.

The walls were a pale flesh colour, the floor was grittily tiled.. and there was a wooden door just ahead. The 'snipping' seemed to be coming from behind it..

Kuro Kodomo

Re: Bathroom

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:13 am

"This bathroom is weird." Krista said, she made a face at the mirror.

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:09 am

Alicia looked around the room. "Can't say I'll be wanting to use this one much, I hope they have better." She surveyed it calmly, only stopping when her ears picked up a snipsnip sound.

She first thought it was her imagination, her ears strained to pick it up. She took a step back near the hallway as she heard it again.

"Does anyone hear that?"

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:48 pm

The little girl nodded without turning her gaze from the mirror.

"I hear something." She said, refering to the 'snipping' noise. She reached out to turn on one of the taps.

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:27 pm

Alicia walked back a bit towards the bathroom door. "There really isn't anything in here. Lets go find something else." She yawned a bit feeling slightly tired.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

(When will Kotoki be back?) Bathroom Developments

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:44 pm

The tap, as it turned on, choked briefly.. paused momentairly. Finally, it started to flow ...

... however

After a few moments of regular water.. a rather thick stream of blood began to pour out of the faucet, unbridled by the tap in its flow. The floor and surrounding walls were quickly stained by this water.. as was the unfortunate girl fiddling with the taps.

The 'Snips' sound had ceased, but the 'door' itself slowly and silently opened halfway..

Kuro Kodomo

Re: (When will Kotoki be back?) Bathroom Developments

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:33 am

Krista screamed in terror, "Ewwww! Why is the water red?!" She turned the tap off and looked down at herself. It took her a moment to realize that it was indeed blood, and not red colored water. She soon broke down in histerics.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs