Night at the Childs Manor (On indefinite hiatus)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Ajil6

Re: To the House

Unread postby Ajil6 » Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:07 pm

Alicia made a face, but decided that pushing the issue of the "Darlings" would be a bad idea. But one question bothered her...

If there were two children in the house... why did they need more?

She looked on as the manor grew larger in her vision. Home was where the heart was, but her heart wanted to go somewhere else.

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:07 pm

Tara found herself confused by the woman's statements. What did she mean by 'secure'? How did she see the other children in them?

Well, it really didn't mind. The most it would mean would be more prime targets to play with. Without saying a word, she continued to walk towards the manor.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Tue May 06, 2003 11:47 pm

"Um, ma'am, how old are the other children?" Krista looked up at the old woman and smiled.

EKDS5k

Re: Night at the Childs Manor (Closed)

Unread postby EKDS5k » Wed May 07, 2003 7:50 am

Rodney, while curious about these other two 'darlings,' wasn't saying a whole lot. Mostly because he was still too excted to finally be out of the orphanage for good to be concerned about them. Besides, any questions he might have had were being asked by the other three, so there'd be no point in him speaking up right now.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Arriving..

Unread postby Endesu » Mon May 12, 2003 3:18 am

(Holy crap, I am sorry about this.)

She continued on with the children for a bit as the house came into focus more and more, disturbingly silent, before finally breaking her own trend of noiseless behavior, and spoke, in slow response..

Slow response to the one child that had spoken..

"They are both.. younger then their ages may deceive. Trust me in that they are not so different from your four, young ones."

She went into her own state of somewhat awkward silence once again, and now the forest had betrayed them to the entirety of the house ahead.

It was akin to a Gothic manor, styled and paneled in an antique style not as commonly seen in modern times. Even with the onset of night, the house seemed to display a cheery exuberance, possibly due to the overabundance of light that the windows, here and there, bled.

"We're here at last. Say hello to your new home, children."

Kuro Kodomo

Re: Arriving..

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Mon May 12, 2003 11:39 am

Krista tried to smile but just looking around the house, she was terrified. Her eyes darted from one shadow to another, waiting for the monsters to jump out. She gripped Rodney's hand tighter.

Ajil6

Hello to the house.

Unread postby Ajil6 » Mon May 12, 2003 4:06 pm

Alicia looked up at the house, then at her companions, and finally the woman leading.

"Hello, house."

She mumbled, she wasn't quite sure if her words were audible or not, not that it was a big deal. The house looked large enough to hide anything in it, including one teenage girl who may, or may not, depending on her mood at the time, begin to swipe and pawn numerous antiques.

Alicia yawned and stretched. She was rather tired.

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri May 16, 2003 12:55 pm

Tara, not wanting to seem childish but awestruck by the mansion, took everything in with wide eyes. She had never before seen anything that radiated big and expensive to this degree.

"Where are our rooms?" she asked nicely, nearly rubbing her hands together with glee. This was going to be great.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Entering

Unread postby Endesu » Mon May 19, 2003 9:33 pm

(Waited for Doc, suppose he has nothing to say.)

The old woman looked coldly at the house for a few moments in utter silence, almost seeming oblivious of their presence in lieu of the mansion just ahead. As she kept this frozen look on her face, the storm clouds overhead began to pick up, a burst of thunder cracking in the distance, beyond the trees.

The awkward silence was broken by Mistress Childs again as she addressed Tara, seemingly looking over the three other children, and gave a smile that, while bearing the typical warmth as before, had an odd hint of coldness to it.

"Just follow me, dears, we'll be entering soon."

She made her way to the front of the house, a well-carved flight of stairs leading to a single pair of engraved wooden gates, both majestic in their simplicity. All she needed was a single tap for the gate to open at her behest, and she led the four inward.

The house inside seemed partially dark; much of the (now darkening) light in this entrance area seemed to come from the windows, yet there was enough to see the area: it was a simple 'hub' area of sorts.

She closed the door, sealing them in..

Just overhead there was a balcony, leading off from a flight of stairs near the edge of the room. It was impossible to tell just what was up there at this point, though. A table and a few chairs were here, as was a chandelier just overhead, and another door, apparently to some of the rest of the house, just beyond this table. The chandelier gave off light dimmer then that which came through the windows, yet it betrayed the various paintings that decorated the room. Each was brimming in authentic detail and style, making it impossible to tell whether they were fake or not.

As she led them inward further, a policeman, dressed in uniform, approached her from seemingly out of nowhere. "Excuse me, Mrs. Childs? Will you be assisting me in my investigations now?"

"Oh.." The woman's face turned slightly bitter once more. "Of course. Children, if you would be seated.." She indicated the chairs and table just by the door. "I must help this gentleman with his silly case. Never stopping to bother an old woman."

"Now, Miss Childs, I'm sorry about this, but we have been assigned a warrant to search the house.."

"That's quite all right, Lieutenant, I understand. Let us go find Mister Childs, and he can help us." She indicated the door, and he went to it, opening the door, and entering.

Mistress Childs, without a word, followed, and closed the door behind her, leaving the four children completely alone.

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Mon May 19, 2003 9:54 pm

(ooc: Ack. Sorry about taking so long to post)

Rodney looked around the room, apparently still holding Krista's hand, obviously quite impressed. Never before had he seen a house quite this big and expensive looking.

He wanted to ask what the police were doing there, but the abrupt departure of Mistress Childs left him with no opportunity to do so. He figured he'd have plenty of time to do so later, so there was no rush right now.

"What do you figure the cops are here for?" he asked offhandedly to the others as he took off his backpack and set it on the table.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Wed May 21, 2003 11:55 am

Krista seats herself and smiles. "Maybe they're here to take Tara away." She avoided looking at her in case she had decided to be creepy again.

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Wed May 21, 2003 1:15 pm

Tara looked around the room, observing the obvious signs of weath and prestige. She was getting somewhat hungry from the long walk, but figured that dinner would come shortly... and it really wouldn't be polite to eat any of the other children.

At Krista's comment, she leaned over and stared into the younger girl's eyes. "Why, whatever for?" she asked innocently, batting her eyelashes.

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Wed May 21, 2003 6:22 pm

Alicia wondered why in the world the dear caretaker would have a policeman search her house. That couldn't be a good sign, she thought. Though, Mistress Childs seemed irritated enough with her questioning, and Alicia didn't wish to agitate the poor woman further.

Alicia kept her bag with her, squeezing her stressball. She just wanted to go lie down.

Kuro Kodomo

Did I say that out loud? he he he

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Thu May 22, 2003 5:31 pm

Krista smiled sweetly back at Tara, "Because you are an evil bad person. I think they should put you in one of those rooms with the pillows on the walls."

Krista sat silent for a moment before adding, "Good little girls don't eat each other."

She stood and clutching Nanners to her chest, wandered down the hallway, curiosity getting to her.

Ajil6

Re: Did I say that out loud? he he he

Unread postby Ajil6 » Fri May 23, 2003 12:13 am

Alicia decided it would be wise to follow Krista down the hallway.

Dumb girl... she's going to make Tara mad at her, and thats the last thing we need in a new house...

She sighed to herself as she silently strode behind the small girl.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

First Steps

Unread postby Endesu » Wed May 28, 2003 2:03 am

Crawling Reshiki  Image at: 5/28/03 2:16:13 pm
[/i]

EKDS5k

Re: First Steps

Unread postby EKDS5k » Wed May 28, 2003 12:57 pm

Being four years older than her, and quite a bit bigger, Rodney was perhaps the least afraid of Tara. Meaning that he wasn't intimidated at all by the girl. He turned to her.

"Just what exactly is your problem? We just got here and already you're scaring Krista."

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Thu May 29, 2003 4:40 pm

Alicia fumbled around for a light switch on the wall, before calling out to Krista, "Lets go back to the others." She said, before heading back over to Rodney and Tara. She figured, that it would be best if they all explored as a group. She also wanted, for reasons beyond her reasoning, she wanted the old woman to give her a decent floor plan before going. She didn't want to get lost.

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Thu May 29, 2003 6:22 pm

Tara gave Rodney a quick appraising glance, and deciding that he wasn't worthy of her attention as well as the most likely of the children to fight back, simply smiled at him and zipped her lips.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Fri May 30, 2003 7:39 pm

Krista turned at the voice of Alicia, "Um...okay." She walked back with her, slightly behind her. She unconsciously wrapped Nanners' tail around her wrist.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Waiting.

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:33 pm

The two returned to the others.. and the house remained silent. If they perchanced to wait for the Mistress to come, then she did not...

The four were left waiting there as the chiming of some distant clock struck the chords of 9. Night was effectively settling in, and such could be evidenced by the darkening of the world outside. The rain had picked up in that time, and the windows were being hammered mercilessly.

What little light they had swayed..

EKDS5k

Re: Waiting.

Unread postby EKDS5k » Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:32 am

Rodney shook his head and turned his thoughts to other things while the two girls returned.

When they did, and Mistress Childs did not, he finally spoke up. "You think she's actually coming back? Maybe she wants us to just look around on our own..."

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:55 pm

Tara put down her book and looked around. "Maybe we should, then," she said, grinning and standing up.

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:08 pm

Alicia stood there, and finally shrugged. "Well. If she wants us to go look around, I guess we should."

She suddenly winced. "I'm going to start by finding myself a bathroom. That car ride took a lot out of me, and put something in that wasn't there before."

She started walking down the hallway again. "You guys can wait here if you want. I'll be back in a minute."

Kuro Kodomo

not again!

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:49 am

Krista inched towards Rodney as Alicia left. She moved the stuffed animal to the belt loop of her pants and toyed with it's tail.

"When's dinner? I'm hungry"

Kotoki

Re: not again!

Unread postby Kotoki » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:32 pm

Tara, up for at least a bit of exploring and maybe some good old fashioned torture, decided to follow Alicia.

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:24 am

"We'll see if we can find something to eat while we're looking around, alright?"

Rodney reached out to take Krista's hand and lead her in the direction the other two girls had gone, keeping his eye open for anything that looked like a kitchen.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Forward.. and Backward

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:34 pm

As Alicia stepped towards the hallway, she would notice rather striking:

The light had been turned on. A slight whistle of wind, and a brief chill in the air also announced that the window directly next to the door at the end of the hallway had been opened.

Rodney's search uncovered the fact that the Lobby, while by no means small, really had no other doors to speak of. There was a single stairwell that he could ascend.. but he could not see what was above, at all.

Ajil6

Re: Forward.. and Backward

Unread postby Ajil6 » Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:19 am

She frowned as she walked towards the window, shutting it tightly and closing the curtains. "It's too cold!" She said to the approaching Tara. Taking a few steps towards her.

"So how come you're following me?" She asked, oblivious to the light.

Kotoki

Re: Forward.. and Backward

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:56 pm

Tara smiled. It wasn't a very nice smile. "Oh, I don't know," she replied, taking a few steps forward herself. "What else should I do? We're all alone in a dreary mansion... It's dark outside... Anything could happen."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

The Hallway around

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:40 pm

When the two girls finished their reparteee, they would notice they had two choices as to where to go: the door at the very end of the hallway, closer to Alicia, and the door on the window side of the hallway.

Both were shut, but neither appeared to be locked..

Ajil6

Re: The Hallway around

Unread postby Ajil6 » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:06 pm

Alicia shrugged at Tara. "Okay." She simply said. She decided that leaving the room was best, not that she minded Tara's company... yet.

Alicia looked around at the door closest to her. "I'm going to explore." She said simply. "You can come if you want, I don't particularly care." She let out a loud yawn, and looked rather tired as she turned the handle on the nearest door.

She seemed pleased that it was unlocked, after all, why shouldn't it be?

EKDS5k

Re: The Hallway around

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:55 pm

Rodney was getting hungry himself, and really, who puts their kitchens on the second floor? But, his curiosity got the better of him, and he wanted to see what was up those stairs.

"C'mon, let's go see what's up there..."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

And forward..

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:19 am

The door opened to Alicia.. to reveal a dim hallway ahead. There was a door just ahead, to her very right. While she could not see any more doors from her current point, she could see that this hallway stretched out for some distance. The end of the hallway could not even clearly be seen due to obscuring darkness.

The carpet underfoot seemed to be an unpleasant red of some kind..

The stairs led upwards, to a balcony. A few grandiose paintings lay in order up here, as well as a door at the very leftmost side of the balcony..

Kotoki

Re: And forward..

Unread postby Kotoki » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:45 pm

Tara started into the hallway, beckoning Alicia to follow her. "Come on."

Ajil6

Re: And forward..

Unread postby Ajil6 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:23 pm

Alicia, having nothing better to do, and also being the one who began that crazy escapade took a few steps forward after Tara. "Hold your horses. I'm coming."

And that she did, she looked around, sniffed the air, and decided that the red carpet wasn't what it's cracked up to be, as it was mostly, unpleasent.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

The Hallway

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:18 am

Upon further entrance, the Hallway betrayed a second door beyond the closer to their right farther up the hall.

.. and a third door, as well. Three doors to pick from one side, none on the other.

Likewise, at the end of the hallway, there was a single door. However, this door was difficult to distinguish due to the difficult lighting as far as actual details went. Closer investigation would require a closer look.

The carpet was still unpleasant of note and texture.

Kotoki

Re: The Hallway

Unread postby Kotoki » Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:08 am

"Pick a door, any door," Tara said, choosing herself the door in the middle. She opened it and peered inside.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

The Second Door

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:19 am

Tara opened the second door..

and beheld a rather musty odor upon opening, as if the room had not been cleaned in some time. It was dark inside, very dark, and it was difficult to make many objects out to high definition, but from what she could tell through light casted from the open door..

'Twas a bedroom.

Light would be required for further investigation, however.

Ajil6

Re: The Second Door

Unread postby Ajil6 » Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:54 am

Alicia, ever being one for an original thought followed Tara into the bedroom. She sniffed around. "Ugh. Remind me to call the maid." She said, noting the moldy odor as she turned on the light.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs