Above the Clouds (Zeal RP. Closed Freestyle)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Deeum

Re: Above the Clouds (Zeal RP. Closed Freestyle)

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:22 pm

Sayra Stood tall whilist waiting in the Guard's office. she looked around taking in the familiar surroundings.
"Everyone, please be on your best behavior. I don't want you acting like a bunch of little kids." She said with a stern tone in her voice.

JoshuaDurron

OMG, alliterative post

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:39 pm

Kaze stared back at Sayra in sullen silence, refusing to admit that he was, in fact, still something of a kid. The fifteen year old boy quietly took a seat, arms folded across his chest. His ferret was still on his shoulder, staring about in wide eyed wonder at the ever changing and unfamiliar scenery. Obviously, whatever was going to happen next, it no longer interested Kaze much. The person who interested him had escaped, and he was already mulling over the name on the card still in his hand. Perhaps his father would know something about them...

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

water hurt's my book's soul...

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:43 pm

Ardiss took a seat, looking more than a little upset. Cascade's spell had probably destroyed his books, dry now or not. This alone was frustrating. On top of it, he was now under arrest and therefore suspicion, which did nothing to help his mood. And for some reason, that panicky guy (Talos) was starting to get on his nerves.

So, when Sayra gave them all her stern tone, he was less than obliged. With MUCH sarcasm and a glare:

"Yes, I'm sure we all planned to start tearing eachother's hair out and banging on the walls, see if we can't make this whole ordeal even worse."

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:25 pm

Kaili looked at Sayra silently, she paid her no mind though. She picked Jet off her head and placed him in her lap. She began to pet him quietly, not really wanting to be here. She simply wanted to enjoy the festival...

"This is quite confusing isn't it Jet?" Jet simply purred letting out a quiet mew.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:19 am

"<span style="color:navy;">Pfeh.</span>" Kumenil scoffed. "<span style="color:navy;">So the young noblewoman is suddenly giving everyone orders?</span>" He scowled a bit. "<span style="color:navy;">I am only serving orders from the queen or myself, and you don't seem to fill either one of those roles.</span>"

Kumenil turned his attention to his nails, cleaning them with a dagger he produced from a sheath at his arm.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:07 pm

The Fire mage approaches the increasingly tense group, and says, "Captain Lucens is ready to see you all, now. Please come with me."

She leads the group to the back of the building, and a moderately small and featureless room. Chairs, much less comfortable-looking than the ones they had earlier, are lined on one side of a rectangular table. On the other side sits a man with short, blonde hair. His face is a bit roughly defined, and shows his thirty two years well enough.

Captain Lucens sighs, then looks at the group and says, "Alright, sit down. This is what we know. A thief, or perhaps Thieves, seems to have been working the crowd. You tried to chase one down, or were witnesses to it, and got in a fight in an abandoned building. Pending investigation, we don't know much else right now."

He leand forward a little, "So, I want to know everything that you six saw."

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:43 pm

Sitting down in the most un-feminine fashion, Sayra rested her elbows on the table and glanced to the man infront of her.

"All I know is, that that damn bastard of a thief tried to loot my wallet and ran away." She sighed reaching into her pocket and grabbed the single coin that was dropped by the thief earlier that day and tossed it onto the table.
"Thats about all he left behind before Others and Myself chased him down.."

((i'm assuming she still had the coin.))

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:30 pm

Kaze took his own seat, pulling the still somewhat damp card from his pocket and holding it in one palm. He would wait for the correct opportunity to present it, but he had no intention of telling the guards why he was chasing that thief, but if they could find him, then all the better.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:14 pm

Kaili took a seat and shifted about in her chair. Jet mewed and jumped down onto the table.

"Well... I was robbed... My coin purse was stolen from me. Other than that I tried to chase the him for a bit... but then I gave up and helped a little girl... other than that I didn't really see the thief or anything."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Bump/Post/OMG PERVY WILL PK IF NOT OF POSTING?!

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:22 pm

Ardiss took a seat, pointedly trying to stuff his bad attitude in the presence of someone who could decide whether or not he spent the next few days in a cell. He took a deep, calming breathe, and his entire demeanor seemed to change.

"I'm sorry to say, I don't know much of what happened. I came upon these two--" Gestures to Kaze and Kumenil "--being assaulted by the mage. I did what I could to help, and the mage and the theif soon fled."

He sat in his seat then, waiting to see if anyone else had anything to add, not quite looking at Kumenil.

Uncle Pervy

Re: Bump/Post/OMG PERVY WILL PK IF NOT OF POSTING?!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:31 pm

"A water mage, the Argent Guard said," the Captain prompts. "We thought it might have been the thief. Anyways... keep going. What about this mage?"

JoshuaDurron

Re: Bump/Post/OMG PERVY WILL PK IF NOT OF POSTING?!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:19 am

Finally seeing a proper opportunity, Kaze held the card up by the bottom corner. "He dropped this."

The boy said nothing else. He really had nothing else to say.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

^---OMFG BEST TITLE EVAR.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:15 pm

Talos slowly and nervously spoke up at that point. "Umm..sir? I also saw him use light magic...and the young girl referred to before? She said her mother disappeared in a flash of white light...might be related."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

OMFG I'VE BEEN A WHORE AND HAVE NOT POSTED FOR A LONG TIME!?

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:50 pm

((OOC - Jes))

For the first time since the man had started questioning them, Kumenil opened his mouth to say something.

"<span style="color:navy;">The man, whom we fought seemed far above the general level of magic competense in our kingdom.</span>" He took a deep breath and continued. "<span style="color:navy;">Is there no way to keep track of higher level mages? Some sort of register?</span>"

Deeum

Re: OMFG I'VE BEEN A WHORE AND HAVE NOT POSTED FOR A LONG TI

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:17 pm

Sayra impatiently tapped her foot against one ofthe table's leg.
"Sir, in respect. Who do you think it was?"

JoshuaDurron

DON'T LET IT DIIIIIIIE....

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:43 pm

"Any mage who associates with thieves is not worth naming. He is scum, and should be treated as such. I've given you all the evidence I have," Kaze nodded towards the card and placed it on the table in front of the officer, "and I would like to go home now."

The young boy folded his arms over his chest, still silently fuming at his loss to the Cascade earlier that day, and his agitation was showing in the fact that he was talking much more than normal, a fact which, when combined with his harsh and icy tone, seemed to set his ferret on edge. It was also unsettling to hear such a tone from one so young...

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: DON'T LET IT DIIIIIIIE....

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:02 pm

Ardiss mentally sighed at Kaze's attitude. Or rather, his expression thereof. He sympathized completely with his sentiments regarding the thief and his master, but being rude to the authorities of it served no purpose in his eyes.

Still, he wasn't sure how to fix it at this point either, and he'd told his story. He just waited.

Uncle Pervy

Re: DON'T LET IT DIIIIIIIE....

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:00 am

The Captain takes this all in, occasionally writing something down. Looking to Kumenil, he says, "We have a register, but this guy probably has some way around it. We'll check, but first I need some information on what happene"d.

He then stares at the card, then at Kaze. "Why don't you and Kumenil tell me exactly what happened, since you two were there and all."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Go go go!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:05 am

"<span style="color:navy;">Well...</span>" Kumenil says slowly as he tries to remember how it all happened. "<span style="color:navy;">As far as I can tell, it began when the thief decided to have a little run-around at the Queens speech. I had my purse cut, and I guess several others did too, and when finally this young lady...</span>" Kumenil motions too Sayra, "<span style="color:navy;">realized she'd been robbed and saw the thief run away I decided to assist in the hunt. However, the thief kept a fairly good speed, and I sent her too alert the guards while I continued the hunt.</span>"

"<span style="color:navy;">We ended up in the flooded quarters, and when I finally caught the little thief I was afronted by that wizard. I don't remember much when the others arrived, but presumably they could fill you in as well.</span>

Uncle Pervy

Re: Go go go!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:14 am

"Did any of you get a good look at the thief?" The captain urges, "And what about that Wizard? The Queen's Guard informed me it was a water mage. What did he look like? What kind of spells was he using?"

(OOC: Once DW Posts proper, we most likely move on, unless one of you gets a right Epiphany. Which would translate to RP bonuses. Oh yes, RP bonus. Just because there aren't levels doesn't mean your characters are static. ^_~.)

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:10 am

"The mage called himself 'the Cascade'. He used a spell called 'Fluid Wrath', which moved the water as a hammer, and he also used a spell to freeze some of it, trapping me. He also demonstarted the ability to teleport himself through the liquid. The two looked..."

Kaze's voice trailed off as he closed his eyes and concentrated once more. Two very sketchy dopplegangers formed slowly, showing little more than hight, dress, and in the case of the thief, haircolor. "Something like this." He finished his sentence, still absently concentrating on his spell. It was getting more and more difficult to manipulate mana... he had tired himself through constant movement and far more magical casting than he was used to.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 4/4/03 7:50:57 pm

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:29 pm

Talos sat thinking, much of the fear he felt giving way to cautious curiousity, and of course a restless mind.

~You know....something's still not adding up here. It started with pursuing a thief, and ended with this 'Cascade' person. Add in the fact that a person, seemingly random one at that, was kidnapped by that thief....but....would a kidnapper risk everything just to cut a pur...wait a minute. A distraction? For something larger? Something like....~

Talos suddenly piped up, cutting of his thoughts.

"Sir, I have very little in the way of evidence, but I have a good deal of suspicion going on in my mind. The thief that used light magic...I think it was just a distraction. From something bigger. Even the kidnapping. Think about it. Someone yells thief...another person yells kidnapping...and a fight somewhere. Wouldn't that spread the local guards well? From, say, Queen Elforan and the Gurus? Or something else important in the area?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:58 pm

"Interesting thoughts, Son," Says the Captain, rubbing his chin. "Her Majesty is still resting within the castle, last I heard. If someone got to her there... Well, we'd be powerless against whomever did it. General Winslet is also safe within there."

"As for the Gurus, they're strong enough to take care of themselves. It sounds like this Cascade mostly got you because you happened to be hip deep in water. It'd be facing the Queen herself in a windstorm!"

The Guard Captain goes over his notes, then says "Anyway, let's go over this again..."

An Hour passes, as the group is questions about various aspects of the day. He asks about the light spell, about the thief's apppearance, as well as The Cascade's. Especially, he focuses on The Cascade's magic.

He keeps the card as evidence, and after a Light Mage looks at their wounds, healing the group, they are lead to front of the station.

"Okay, you're all free to go," He says. "If you find anything else, lemme know about it. In the meantime, I'm going to have to petition the Queen to expand my investigative powers a bit. Maybe we can find that bastard soon..."

As the group leaves, the Fire Mage approaches Ardiss and says, "Sir, I can see that the book you are holding has been damaged by that criminal's attack. If you are willing to leave it here for a day or so, we'll have it restored for you."

(OOC: Right! It's about 2 PM. The Festival is still kicking, should that appeal to you. I highly suggest you use this time to let your characters get to know each other a bit. After so long it'll get dark, and you kids will be prompted; then GMed if needed, back home.

Jas, if you take the offer, you're have a minor disadvantage power-wise until you get the book back.)

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:30 pm

Kaze stepped out of the building and glanced about for any sign of his parents. He could find none. So the next logical move was to go into the crowds at the fair and look around. This he did, keeping his ears open for any sign of rumors about a thief, or a strange mage in blue. His paranioa was in full swing now, and any information that could be gathered would be stored away instantly, for future reference. Part of him also looked for his family. His ferret, dead tired from the day's excitement, lay sleeping in the crook of one arm.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:42 am

Sayra walked out o the building stretching her arms.
"Well that took a while..." She trailed off looking at the still bustling festival. She pondered about continuing her attempt to enjoy the festivities. But the thoughts of fighting against that thief still played through out her head... Maybe she could discuss this with one of the other fighters there..

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:53 pm

Kumenil nodded to the man and left. When out in the open he looked at the festivities with a slight smile. Perhaps he'd spend some more time here before returning to his home.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:02 pm

Kaili walked outside and looked at the others. "Hmmp..... I think I may just head home.... I could use a nap...."

Jet let out a mew as she said this agreeing with her. He could go for a catnap himself.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Gah, must post more often.

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:02 pm

Ardiss stood for a moment and didn't say anything. He soon broke into a small smile though.

"Yes, please." He handed to book to the man. "And my thanks."

Finally, things are going right for me again!

"I'll come by for it tomorrow, eh?"

He noted that the group seemed to be dispersing. Well, that would about figure, wouldn't it? Still, he had yet to give his name at the palace... So with some chagrin, he nodded good day to the fire mage, and headed in that direction.

His expression became smug as he walked.

That's right... I'm in good with the Guru of Life! This was a good day! Nothing's going to ruin it for me anymore.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Re: Gah, must post more often.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:29 am

Talos glanced at the quickly dispersing group, wondering a few things himself.

"I...think I'd better go find my parents. They're probably worried about me by now."

With that weak excuse, he walked off, back to the festival, his book that he had been reading when he started after the thief still in hand.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:33 am

The revellers at the festival seem to have mostly forgotten about the previous events. By this point, a few games have been set up, such as pitching a ball though a free-moving light ring. Lively music encourages the people to dance; while more venders of trinkets and various foods have multiplied.

It is still quite crowded, But the celebration is spilling over into the side streets now.

A few Argent Guard still can be found here and there, but many seem to be elsewhere. Or, perhaps, out of uniform. However,finding anyone specific in this crowd will not be a particularly swift process.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:38 am

Watching most of the others break off to their homes. Sayra, who was hoping to get ahold of someone and talk to the abit. decided to head for a pub of sorts or some place to get something stiff to drink.
Just something to relax her still tense muscles.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:43 am

Kumenil saw the young woman heading towards the pub and decided perhaps he'd accompany her. After all, he hadn't properly introduced himself, and he needed to thank her for fetching the guards.

"<span style="color:navy;">Excuse me, young lady.</span>" He said politely as he walked up to her.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:46 am

Sayra was stopped by a fmilar sounding voice. turning around she realized it was Kumenil.
"So its you, old man." she grinned
"Care to join me for a drink?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:51 am

"<span style="color:navy;">Old man?</span>" Kumenil chuckled slightly. "<span style="color:navy;">If I was you I'd show some respect for my elders.</span>"

"<span style="color:navy;">In either case, I have to say yes to your offer, but are you old enough to drink, you little wippersnapper?</span>"

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:57 am

"Oh i'm old enough. just make sure you can hold your liquor." Sayra chuckled aloud.
Sayra headed to the nearest pub and sat down at one of the VERY few tables awaiting Kumenil to join her.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:59 am

The Pub was indeed quite busy; they may have to wait awhile for service.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:45 pm

Kaze struggled through the crowds, peering back and forth. Eventually, he did manage to happen upon his parents, but by that time, it was almost halfway through the afternoon. His father looked at him questioningly, wondering not only about his disappearance earlier, and his long absence, but his wet clothes as well. Fortunately for Kaze, the elder Treffon put off any major interrogation until later. For now, Kaze simply followed his father about for a while, waiting until he could go home and rest some.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:29 pm

Kumenil looked around for a table to sit at. The pub was crowded but luckily it wasn't impossible to find a place. He managed to find a small one in the middle of the room. Not the best, but you have to take what's offered.

When he sat down, Kumenil instinctively reached for his pouch. Suddenly he realized his pouch had been cut. He looked over at Sayra a bit guiltily.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:43 pm

Sayra shook her head ans waved her hand assuring him its ok. She was paying for drinks this night.
"Since we won't be serviced for a little bit. Care to discuss the recent matters

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:44 pm

Kumenil seemed slightly relieved, but also not a little embarrassed. When Sayra mentioned discussing the recent matters he breathed out slightly.

"<span style="color:navy;">Ah yes, the two renegades...</span>" He said with a deep frown, the fresh memory returning quickly. "<span style="color:navy;">Isn't it pathetic that we escape from the suface for reasons just like this? We travel far up into the sky, nearly reaching the stars, and we are still plagued by petty thievery!</span>" He made a motion to smash his fist in the table, but thought better of it.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs