Above the Clouds (Zeal RP. Closed Freestyle)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Deeum

Re: Gah, must post more often.

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:07 pm

Annoyance ran across Sayra's face with the mere thought of that Thief.
"Indeed. But You can't always have something so great without.. such minor distrubances."
She rubbed her temples slowly looking about for a waiter then looks back ahead of her.
"Normally such people don't bother me. But this thief just had something about him *I* did not like.. And him looting my purse didn't help either."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Gah! REALLY must post more often!

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:29 pm

Ardiss was looking uncharacteristically cheery as he walked back to the square from the Palace. Having left his name at the gates, he felt assured that this would continue to move in a positive direction. As he walked, he noted a local pub.

Recalling the events earlier that day, he checked to make sure he still had a coin purse, and his smiled widened a bit when he felt it still secure and full there. He entered the pub, sat down, and ordered an ale, all without noticing that he sat right next to the old man from earlier that day, Kumenil.

Deeum

Re: Above the Clouds (Zeal RP. Closed Freestyle)

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:41 am

((BUMP))

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:04 pm

(( ONO BUMPED? ))

Kaili had left the group quite a while ago and went back to her house to read, which she had been doing so for quite a while now.

"I prefer the quiet of our house to hustle and bustle of that festival right Jet?"

Jet made a approving mew and went back to curling up on Kaili's bed.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:40 pm

((... Blah. Sick of waiting.))

After a few moments, Ardiss realized he was sitting next to two of the people he'd just been forced to hang around with not ten minutes ago! Still in a favorable mood, and aparently not thinking of his rather rude coment to her before, he turned to Sayra.

"Well, isn't that an interesting conincidence. Come here often?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:49 pm

Talos wandered the fest for a while. Along this wondrous route, he saw a many impressive magical feats, smelled a variety of tasty foodstuffs, and overheard several interesting people.

Sadly,none of this lead him to finding his parents.

Thus, his trek took him toward a pub, where he suspects they may be. Inside said pub, Ardiss speaks to Say'ra.

Jet mews, drawing Kaili's attention. He trots toward the bedroom, with the curious kitty look that she has learned to recognize. A moment latter, she hears a slight scratching noise from outside, in the bedroom's direction

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:05 pm

Kaili slowly stood up marking her place in the book she was reading. Then placing it on the couch. "Jet? What are you doing?" She walked over towards the bedroom holding her robes against her chest. She walked into her bedroom and began to look around for what the scratching was......

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:13 pm

The should seems to be coming from outside, not too far from one of the windows.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:48 pm

Kaili raised a eyebrow at this and walked over to a window and opened it peeking her head outside. "Hello? Someone out here?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:47 am

The only thing Kaili heard was a muttered "Shit!" and footsteps dashing away.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:39 pm

Kaili blinked and looked around her bedroom oddly. "Jet...? where are you hiding now?" She had a bad feeling about this.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:06 pm

~Meh...Well....I don't know...perhaps I should just head home. They'll find me soon enough.~

Then Talos saw Ardiss and Say'ra, almost as if it were a convenient plot device that he should do so.

~...Perhaps I should talk with them.~

With that, Talos also sat down with the small group, with a quick nod.

(Blorg...short post. but I cannae really think of much more to say)

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:32 am

Ardiss nodded back to Sorune, still smiling a bit, and waiting for Syra to reply.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:02 am

((sorry about that. been busy o_o;))

Turning from her pervious conversation, Sayra took notice to Adriss addressing her.
"Hello, Why don't you have a seat? Might do us some good to talk about the recent events." She repiled motioning towards one of the free chairs at her table.
"But if your waiting for service, it'll be a while. This place seems packed."

Sayra again noticed Talos coming in their direction.
"Have a seat?"
Sayra's mood seemed to have lightend up a whole deal.
Seems she isn't as high strung as she was working outside or standing in the guards office.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:56 am

Ardiss looked aroungd the pub, and nodded.

"I can see what you mean... So, alright. What part of that less than pleasant experience did you want to hash over?"

He somehow managed to look still -fairly- cheerful while talking about the experience. He didn't like losing, but he was also still trying VERY hard to concentrate on the oppourtunity to prove himself he'd been given that day.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:44 pm

Kaze was slouched over his table once more, glad to be home. However, the scraps of paper and half drawn schematics for magical devices and spells were now all shoved here and there, making room in the center of the table for a new collection of books on magic. Most of these dealt with water spells, and how to effectively counter them using spells of the other elements. Many paragraphs in the sections dealing with Lightning and Shadow counterspells had been underlined, and many notes had taken shape in the margins.

However, Kaze was not satisfied. If he found himself again waist deep in water, he doubted he would be able to apply any of these techniques effectively. Currently, his ferret was cradled in one arm, and he was perched on a stool, thinking about the matter intensely.

Suddenly his eyes were assulted by light from the windows as the shutters over them blew open in a strong gust of breeze. He had forgotten to latch them shut. With a snort, he got up and swept them closed in a single movement, the shutters banging shut as if to emphisize his frustration at the whole situation. As he moved, his ferret jumped from his arms, rather upset by the movement, and landed on the work table, upsetting an ink pot. With a sigh, Kaze grabbed the nearest piece of expendable cloth and threw it in the path of the spreading ink.

As he did so, a new idea formed in his mind. As soon as he had the mess cleaned up, he sat down to think look at it more closely, pulling a new tome over to where he sat...

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri May 02, 2003 10:31 am

"<span style="color:navy;">We meet again.</span>" Kumenil noted soberly. To who he directed it was everyone's guess.

He leaned back in his chair and pulled out a long, beautifully carved pipe and filled it with some tobacco he took from a pouch in his chest-pocket.

"<span style="color:navy;">Lucky I didn't have them attached to my belt.</span>" He noted and lit the pipe with a small match.

"<span style="color:navy;">Now, where were we?</span>" He asked finally, glaring at the three people with a discerning look.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri May 02, 2003 11:18 am

Ardiss looked at Kumenil breifly, and spoke before returning his gaze to Sayra.

"We are discussing the events from earlier today, with the thief and the mage."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri May 02, 2003 1:25 pm

((OOC - I oh so wish I could just have Kumenil do a sagely nod. Image A bit ooc for him though))

Kumenil sighed slowly for himself and blew a cloud of smoke into the face of Ardiss.

"<span style="color:navy;">I understand you are upset about the loss of your money,</span>" he looked at Sayra, "<span style="color:navy;">However, there's more at stake here than money. Her royal majesty, the queen exhausted herself to make this island float. She did it for us, and the thought that she's repaid with crimes is too me unbearable.</span>" He drew in some smoke and blew some rings.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon May 05, 2003 1:26 pm

Ardiss coguhed breifly as Kumenil blew smoke at him. He managed not to glare at what was undoubtedly a rude gesture, and of course not thinking for a moment about the fact that Kumenil and Sayra had already been speaking.

He did, however, allow himself to clam a bit and think about what Kumenil has just said.

"... It does seem odd though. You would think that, despite the number of people with money to be stolen present, the number of accompanying guards would ward off any thieves or burglars..."

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Whoops....need to post more often.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Thu May 08, 2003 9:58 pm

Talos looked around a bit, still digesting information from today.

"Similar spells, completely different plans..." Talos was more talking to himself than anyone else at this point, far away in his own little world. "Why steal from someone, then go through the trouble of a kidnapping...?"

"And why not steal from someone that seems a bit...richer? No offense. But...well, surely there were people that looked to have more money than all of us combined in that crowd. Why risk theft with small potatoes when you can get a ton of cash? And...that kidnapping...I'm no guard, but something doesn't add up there."

Uncle Pervy

MINI-REKIA IS DISPLEASED.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri May 09, 2003 2:13 am

Jet has little to offer his owner, and he peers curiously out the window, toward the retreating footsteps. Kaili can't see whom the source is, though she remembers the coarse cursing as he fled; the voice was masculine. A man... outside her bedchamber...

The Patrons at the bar ignore the four there for the most part. A few yarns can he heard floating about here and there. One catches Talos' ear, and only his.

"I'm glad Angela found her little girl; poor thing was scared to death," says a man in the attire of working class to his friend.

There is a slight knock on Kaze's door. "Honey," Comes his mom's voice, "What are you plotting in there?"

JoshuaDurron

Re: MINI-REKIA IS DISPLEASED.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri May 09, 2003 3:45 pm

Kaze got up and went over to the door, letting his mother in, and then turned back to his work bench. He didn't sit down at it, however, instead pacing back and forth in front of it while explaining in a few brief sentances roughly what had happened that day.

Then he gestured to the work-in-progress on the table and finished the recap with, "I am working on a way to stop the scum."

The idea on the papers there was simple, if one wished to look over it. Simply taint the water the Cascade used in offense and try to break his control over it. The formulas for execution, however, were a bit more complex, and fairly incomplete. It seemed that several had been rejected already, by the pile of crumpled papers on the floor being worried about by the ferret.

Kaze had, in short, hit a dead end it could take as long as months to by-pass. But almost as soon as his explanation was done, he had sat back down and begun working on it once more.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat May 10, 2003 11:54 pm

Kaili snarled as she realized what just happened. "Some jerk was trying to peek at me!" She blurted out in a half yell half whine. Jet simply looked at her and mewed wondering what the big deal was.

Kaili slowly took a few deep breaths and walked back out of her bedchamber into the other room. She calmly picked her book back up and resumed reading, trying to forget that some... some.. peeping tom was about.....

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun May 18, 2003 4:26 am

Sayra clasped her hands together and somewhat rested her chin on top.
"You'd think so, but these kids are getting bolder and bolder it seems. I mean. I was looted in broad daylight. with a number of people around. Either they are getting cocky or something is up.." She trailed still waiting to be serviced.
(.. and i posted :{{)

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed May 21, 2003 10:34 am

Ardiss merely sat and thought for a while, uncertain of what else to add to the conversation at this point.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

OMFG REVIVE, DUE TO PERVY-PRODDAGE

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:21 am

Talos quickly turned to the man that just spoke, and quickly walked over to him.

"Could you tell me where Angela and her little girl live? I'd like to make sure they're alright."

And I'll be damned if I let this little mystery go unsolved. I feel like I'm in one of those books I used to read...heh.

Edited by: Dragon Sage007 at: 6/4/03 1:33 am

Uncle Pervy

Re: OMFG REVIVE, DUE TO PERVY-PRODDAGE

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:53 am

"Hmmp," Kumenil declares, and he breathes the last of his tobacco. "You children can sit here and rationalize all you want. I don't have time for it."

He stands up, and stretches, putting away his pipe. "You can talk all you like. I've hunted monsters most of my life, and these thieves aren't any different. I know what I'll do about them."

With that, the elder monster departs the establishment, tossing a few coins on the table to pay for his share of things.

"Angela?" asks the man, looking at Talos. "She's on Elencia Street. Look for the house with the candles in the windows."

Kaze's Mother looked at him, and said, "Don't get too involved, Kaze. Please. I worry about you, and dabbling into such... magicks."

She shakes her head, knowing it is mostly useless to argue. Kaze wondered if she knew about his fight with The Cascade yet.

Kaili didn't hear any other sounds of prowlers as she returned to her den and began to read anew. Still, the feeling of being watched haunted her.

JoshuaDurron

Still here, still RPing, just not very much...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:03 pm

Kaze grumbled under his breath, no intelligent words, just meaningless noise, expressing his frustration with his lack of success, and his mother's not understanding. Then he sat up straighter, inhaled deeply, and exhaled once more.

"Mother," he said, "I met a theif today, worse a theif who disgraces magic by using it. I cannot let such a person escape me. But first," Kaze inhaled swiftly, the strain of simple communication beginning to show, "must find a way to break his magic. Such a goal is good. Don't worry."

His capacity for communication exhausted, Kaze turned back to his work on the desk, and his ferret climbed into the crook of one elbow, curling up there and falling asleep.

Deeum

Re: Still here, still RPing, just not very much...

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:18 am

Sayra snorted as the old man left the pub. "Fool, who does he think he is.." She thought in anger.
"Well, he has half a point there. no use talking about it when some of us can be actually DOING something."
(sorry if its short)

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Guess who's back, back again, Christian's back, tell a...

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:49 am

"<span style="color:navy;">I need to think...</span>" Kumenil mumbled for himself as he directed his steps towards the temple. However, half-way there he stopped and looked towards the forest, looming like a black mass just outside the city. He walked up to the edge of it and smiled wrily. He released his hair, shaking his head twice to untangle it. Finally he gripped the hilt of his sword, still in it's sheath, and walked into the forest.

((OOC - Out on a monster hunt! >_<))

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

There he is.

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:10 am

Ardiss looked at Sayra.

"I'd be up for doing something... but what could we -possibly- be doing? We don't know where to go, who to talk to to find out, and have already told the guard all we know. How do proceed now?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=besyanteo@rpgww60462>Besyanteo</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/17/03 9:11 am

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

OMFG. I POST. HOW RARE. AND SHORT.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:45 pm

"Thank you, sir!" Talos said emphatically as he rushed out the door.

~Finally, perhaps I can solve this! Just have to ask her what happened, how she got back...yes!~

Deeum

Re: OMFG. I POST. HOW RARE. AND SHORT.

Unread postby Deeum » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:40 pm

Sayra tapped her foot against the table's leg nearest to her.
She paused for a moment "Well isn't it obvious? we got OUT and look for them? We have a fair idea on what they might look/act like, correct?"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: OMFG. I POST. HOW RARE. AND SHORT.

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:09 pm

Ardiss stared at Sayra as though she were something smaller, and considerably less complex.

"... You want to go out, into the crowd, in hopes of finding two select people, one of which obviously out-ranks us in terms of power, and try to bully us into telling him what he's doing? Or, failing that, searching the entire island? Tell me you're not serious."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

*Tosses "Phoenix Down" on RP*

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:35 pm

"<span style="color:navy;">Damn thieves...</span>" Kumenil growled for himself as he walked through the forest, "<span style="color:navy;">Useless children...</span>" he swinged his sword at an unfortunant branch, "<span style="color:navy;">Where can I find them!? Think, think...</span>"

Previous

Return to Other RPs