A school year in Neo Vane (Closed Freestyle)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
EKDS5k

Re: Erm, we'll assume certain people are ahead. <.< So

Unread postby EKDS5k » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:23 pm

He was so absorbed in his practice that he didn't notice his roommate until she spoke, causing him to start a little.

"H-huh? What? Wood? No, it's metal," he said, knocking it against the bedframe, the resulting clang proving his point, "and it's weighted just fine, and it's sharp. There's nothing wrong with this sword."

He reasoned that he wasn't going to get a whole lot more practicing done, and sheathed it.

"And as for being late, the buggy I was riding here in broke down, and I had to go the rest of the way on foot. Wasn't my fault. Ah....I'm Simon, by the way."

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:31 pm

She hmphed, and looked away.
"Porala. Charmed, I'm sure. Now, the deal still stands. Do you want a sword that's less suited for a well than yours, or are you too cowardly to go steal a piece of paper from a cadre of cooks?"

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:51 pm

Simon yawned. He was pretty tired, but he didn't think he was going to get a lot of sleep anyway.

"How about, instead of the sword, you drop the superior attidute and stop with the thinly veiled insults? We're ah...we're going to be spending the rest of the year together, at least, so we might as well try to get along, right?"

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:18 pm

She glared.
"...Well, fine. If you're too much of a coward to do it, just keep playing with that rickety old thing you have. _I'm_ going to unpack my bags."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=banjooie>Banjooie</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/26/03 1:52:04 pm

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:50 pm

This was going to be a long year.

"Your sword might be expensive, but mine will cut just as well. I don't want your charity, alright? What would be nice, though, is if you wouldn't just walk in here and insult me just because I don't have a fancy sword. Hell, you don't even know me!"

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:57 pm

She huffed.
"I don't _need_ to know you. I bet you won't last three days before you start crying like a little baby. No matter. I suppose I'll be off on the pie raid myself."

After unpacking her bags, time passed. It did that sort of thing.

And the knocks came on Simon's door. "Ey! You said you'd come along, right? It's time for the raids!"

Porala woke and sighed.
"Well...I guess I'm off then. <.< You just wait till I'm rich and famous for this!"

FlamingDeth

Re: A school year in Neo Vane (Closed Freestyle)

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:29 am

"Hm?" said Elecia. "Pie raiding already...does someone have some sort of a plan this time, or is it adlibbing as we go?"

Elecia had her own plans as far as this was concerned. A one person surgical strike, later in the year, when the chefs weren't expecting it...

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:30 pm

He sighed, and considered for a moment.

"Hey, I didn't say I wouldn't go, just that I didn't want your sword. Count me in."

Actions, he figured, would perhaps speak louder than words. After all, he wanted this year to be as good as possible, and if going on some raid to prove to his roommate that he wasn't useless was what he had to do to make peace with her, well then so be it. Even if it didn't, he had never done something like this before, and the prospect of sneaking around where he shouldn't be was alluring to him.

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:09 pm

Raul looked around the empty dorm. "Well, this has worked out surprisingly well," he announced to no one in particular.

Alright, so he had first choice. He considered his options. He definitely didn't want a room on the East side of the building...no sense in waking up with the sun if he didn't have to. The South side, then.

Raul walked into the room in the middle of the south wall, set his things down and began unpacking. Hopefully, the faculty would soon get their priorities straight. What could be more important than teaching a promising student such as himself?

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:20 am

What could be more important?

A knock on his door at midnight.
"Right. You. Bunnykid. Neo Vane Pie Recipe Raid. You in or out?"

They'd explained to our dear Simon, Gerald, and other Neo Vanists so far that Pie Raids weren't for getting pie. They were for the recipe. The pie itself was easy to get, and free.

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:37 am

Simon went along with the group, originally thinking that it was, in fact, just for the pie. That confused him, though, because if it was free, why did they have to raid it? When it was explained that they were going after the recipe, he was a little more worried, and thinking that he should back out before he got into too much trouble.

Then he decided that he wasn't going to be seen as a coward, not even to a snotty rich girl. The more he thought about it, though, and the more people they got to come along, the more fun it sounded like. After all, what was school if you didn't have a little stupid fun while you were there? Granted, he had never really been to school beyond the basic teachings he had had in the town hall of the nearby village, but causing mischeif had been one of his friends' favourite activities.

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Wed May 07, 2003 10:21 pm

Raul twitched at the nickname, banging his head on an overhanging shelf, but he recovered well.

"Since you asked so nicely, how can I refuse?" he replied sardonically.

Not like I have anything better to do, he thought to himself, Besides, I'll consider it a sort of student-run orientation.

-White Knight

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed May 07, 2003 10:26 pm

Paul nodded. "Right, right, we're all meeting on the hallway. Third floor, of course."

There were 7 Neo Vanists who'd actually agreed to come after all the squabbling and whatnot, Paul not included.

Paul looked at them.
"Right. Just in case you don't know, the idea behind these raids is to obtain the recipe for Neo Vane Pie. The cooks make it very clear that there is a piece of paper with the ingredients on it. Now here's the issue. The cooks are completely and utterly allowed to use any force necessary to prevent retrieval of this recipe. However. Successful completion will ensure lifelong prosperity and fame. If you're with me, I can explain the plan so far."

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu May 08, 2003 1:53 am

Elecia was unsure whether or not Paul's counting had included her or not as she lurked in a dark corner of the room, not entirely visible. She wouldn't blame him if she wasn't included; after all, she was only hearing out the plan, and had yet to decide if she would actually accompany them on this little jaunt. If she didn't like the plan...suffice to say, she had a few of her own to try at a later date. No need to get all fussy about it on the first day back in classes.

viator22

Unread postby viator22 » Thu May 08, 2003 3:43 pm

The big kid, Paul, finished talking and Gerald started looking around.

Geez, I must be the youngest kid here.

By this time he was conscious that all the other students on the run appeared to be at least a year his senior. Even the bunny kid, though age was a bit harder to determine. Gerald steeled himself, determined not to let his nervousness show, and told himself it was because of the two legged rabbit kid, not that he was about to try and seize what he now found to be a recipe guarded night and day by chefs authorized to beat him to a pulp if it became necessary to defend it.

Damn rabbit kid

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Fri May 09, 2003 11:52 pm

"I'm in," Raul said calmly.

Raul was supremely confident. They were merely cooks. If they had any real ability, they wouldn't be cooks. He was certain that stories of them had been greatly exaggerated. Cooking, after all, was for the lower classes, and he had yet to meet a poor man who was capable of independent thought.

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sat May 10, 2003 12:01 am

There was something about that bunny that put Simon off. Something about his attitude. He had the same air about his as his roommate, as if he felt he was too good for certain things. Whether it was more pronounced in the rabbit or the girl, well, that he couldn't tell.

He wasn't too worried about what they were about to do, after all. If it was really dangerous, there would be stricter rules against it, he figured.

There would be, right? Of course there would.

"So....what's the plan, then?"

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sat May 10, 2003 12:10 am

Paul unrolled a paper.
"Right. I'm assuming Elecia isn't coming, because she's gone and sent her lackey, it appears. Anyway, here's the plan. The cooks are only allowed to apply for new techniques and such once a year. Therefore, we're going to try a basic rush through with the Light Mage preventing much hiding. I figure that since most of you aren't trained that well in magic, you're going to just have to run for it. You're allowed to hit the cooks, but they're allowed to hit YOU. And they have wooden spoons. You don't want to be on the wrong end of those spoons. Or the eggbeaters. Definitely not the egg beaters. Now, who thinks they can run the fastest? They're gonna be middle, because the first ones are going to have to take the brunt of the initial cook assault, while the rear guard'll keep things going. Got it?"

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue May 13, 2003 2:44 pm

Elecia nodded. They actually had a semi-decent plan this time, though she doubted it would be successful. They never were, after all. However, it would at least be amusing to see the results. That was something she could count on. Even more amusing than that would be the amount of these new students who would try again next time.

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Wed May 14, 2003 10:10 pm

Raul also nodded, joining in the silent chorus of agreement.

"I'm probably one of the fastest runners here," Raul said confidently.

"I placed very well in races back home," he added with a glare that dared anyone to make any remarks about the natural speed of cesrtain small fluffy animals.

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Thu May 15, 2003 12:18 am

"I'm not so slow myself," Simon spoke up. "Probably not as fast as you," he looked at Raul, "of course, but still pretty fast."

Not wishing to offend a second person tonight, he refrained from any bunny-related remarks.

viator22

Filler posts :DDDDD

Unread postby viator22 » Mon May 19, 2003 10:00 pm

Gerald rubbed the back of his neck. Goddess all these older kids made him nervous.

"I'm not really all that fast. Short legs ya know. Guess I should be in the back." He looked up apologetically.

Banjooie

Eh heh heh...er...yeah.

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed May 21, 2003 2:56 pm

Paul nodded.
"Not everybody's fast. You'd better be willing to take a few bruises, though. Right, follow me."

He lead the group down to the kitchens. Simon and a rather portly Light Mage were in the front, Raul and a fellow Fire Mage were in the middle, Gerald was in the back. Paul, naturally, lead the group.

As they stood in front of the dining hall, Paul turned to the group.
"Right. As soon as we bust the door down, head around the room counter-clockwise. They always expect straight runners. Watch your feet, I don't know what they have ready this year. Hell, just be watchful period. You've never seen anything until you've seen trained Neo Vanic Chefs."

He experimentally checked the door knob. It was unlocked. "Well, they're expecting us. Alright. We'll give 'em a good show, then. CHARGE!"

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Re: Eh heh heh...er...yeah.

Unread postby Animala » Thu May 22, 2003 9:40 pm

As the door opened before him and the leaders went through, Raul suffered an unfortunate moment of clarity. Thoughts raced through his mind.

I am putting my life and health at risk for a dessert. This dessert is guarded by chefs willing and able to blend, liquify, and frappe me. This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life. I don't want to die here. I especially don't want to die as a rabbit.

And then he was through the door, into the Gleaming Kitchen Beyond, and there was no time for thought. There was only the task before him, as he raced around the outskirts of the room.

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Thu May 22, 2003 10:24 pm

Simon, however, had no time for such thoughts. As soon as the door opened he was through, heading in a counter-clockwise direction as instructed. He looked to the side to see if the Light Mage was able to keep up, and drew his sword, ready to try and parry the inevitable wooden spoon....

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun May 25, 2003 7:32 pm

The kitchen, yes, the kitchen. Nearly twice as wide as one of the classrooms, it was the true secret of Neo Vane. The floors were made of highly, highly scuffled gold. The counters and areas were pure sculpted marble, and there were enough pot racks and pots to melt into a mountain, it appeared. The ceiling was, oddly enough, totally black, except for patches of dough-colored discolorment.

Paul ran in a few steps, ready for the chefs to leap out and...ah, there we are. So they DID get that booby trap thing added to their budget. Especially since Paul was up to his ankles in some of the most adhesive tapioca known to chefkind.

Ah, and as for the chefs? Those dough colored patches apparently aren't dough. No, as chefs clad in black with spoons in hand appear to be indicating, those were faces. The first wave of chefs had arrived. And the door to, presumably, the recipe, was all the way across the kitchen.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:42 pm

Elecia stood well outside of the kitchen, watching through the door. She made sure she was plainly visible, so the chefs knew that she was just there to watch for the entertainment value, and that she had no intention of joining in the lunacy that was the year-start pie raid. No, she had other plans for getting that recipe, far less straightforward than this thing...

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:28 pm

Raul, unfortunately, skidded directly into the Terrible Tapioca Trap before him, and found himself horribly mired as the ninja-like chefs dropped from the ceiling.

I can't stop now, he thought. Vauge notions of loyalty and determination flickered through his mind, but concerns of social status trumped them. I won't be caught in this trap!

So Raul used the only leverage available to pull himself out of the pudding.

Paul.

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:09 am

Simon, apparently having a quicker eye than the two now caught in the trap, jumped as soon as it became visible. It was kind of one of those jumps you do when you get surprised, though, and given that he had already had half his foot in the pudding, he was now jumping off balance.

To make a long story short, he fell on his stomach. Quickly looking behind him, he saw Raul using Paul as a flotation device. He'll be out in a second. I gotta distract those chefs...

He got up, retrieved his sword, and bolted between two of the smaller ones...

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:36 am

Simon had been warned earlier that the front was for taking hits. Unfortunately.....he discovered that Paul wasn't lying.

"Non, mon cher. Zat recipe is ours! Yiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyi!" The chef cried, pulling barbeque tongs. He quickly applied them to Simon's sword, and with a quick yank, it was sent across the room. The other one pulled out a MouseStir 9000 Wood, top of the line wooden spoons for cooking defense.

Raul, on the other hand, got out rather nicely, though Paul was rather annoyed about being used to get out. Anyway, despite a few curses, he got out okay, and found himself directly near a cast iron cooking pot. And it didn't look, from the various....is that BLOOD?...stains and dents on it that it was made for cooking. And it was his for the grabbing.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:51 pm

(Fine. Fine. I get the general idea. << Hell, I'll re-run it some time in the future.)

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:00 pm

(;_; <-- That is me, cause Jooie is being mean.

...or rather, all the people who aren't posting are being mean, those people being everyone who isn't me.)

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:11 am

(I was the most recent one to post. T'isn't my fault this one died.)

Previous

Return to Other RPs