One fine day in Cleft...

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Bob the Cat

One fine day in Cleft...

Unread postby Bob the Cat » Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:55 pm

It was a seemingly normal bright and sunny morning in the town of Cleft. People seemed to be dressed for the occassion, as a fair amount of them were in swimsuits, headed for the lake. Others were wearing the typical clothing one would expect for the warm climate.

The town of Cleft itself was an enigma one could say. It was a town built upon a large patch of greenland near a fairly large lake. What made it unique was that it was in the middle of a desert, not far from the old bardic temple dedicated to Daryl.

Years had gone by since the old wars, and some people had been more than ready to forget.

And so life went on peacefully, so much so that this became one of the prime tourist spots in the world. People from all over the world, of all walks of life would come here.

However some have not forgotten the war between the bards and the minions of discord and would still work under the guise of peace to their own ends...

We enter now to a villa at the edge of town near the lake. Bob and his family had just arrived and were beginning to unload their grey humvee of luggage they had brought.

Bob was dressed a little heavy for this climate, wearing his standard long black pants, and his sleeveless black shirt. He had his trenchcoat folded around a suitcase he was carrying into the quaint lakeside house. Mae and Natalia were also carrying their own things into the house, despite Bob's plea that they go and relax while he unpacked.

Natalia seemed a little upset as she strode up the two steps leading into the balcony of the villa. She carried her two heavy suitcases into the den. Despite that fact, she looked like she was ready to work on her tan, as she had a black bikini top on with a black shawl tied as a skirt over her black bikini bottom along with a pair of black sandals on her feet.

Mae was not too far behind her. She had a large book under her hand and a light suitcase. She was wearing a white tanktop and a matching skirt, as well as a pair of light brown sandals.

The villa itself was pretty generic. The only thing really worthwhile about it was its position to the lake itself. There was a pair of connecting villas a short walk likely five minutes away, but they seemed empty for now.

After the trio had finished packing their things and Natalia had claimed her room, Bob and Natalia had a short conversation;

"You sure you're alright with Rencost not being here?", Bob asked empathically.

"I'll have fun even without him. He's the one who's missing out, having to work at that colony, Little Italy." Natalia responded gleefully.

"Alright. Just don't do anything that'll get us kicked out of here today okay? We just got here.", Bob pleaded.

"Yeah fine fine.", Natalia snickered as she went outside to look around...

Uncle Pervy

Re: One fine day in Cleft...

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:05 pm

"Uncle Bob, Auntie Natalia! Wait up!" Calls out the voice of a young girl, as footsteps echo up the villa's stairs.

A moment later, a girl, no more than ten or twelve appears at the door. She has red hair, long enough to show that she's never had a haircut in her life. Her clothing is blue in color, a dress and shirt combo that leaves her legs mostly bare. Presently, she wears Sandals. A small lyre is strapped across her backl

In her arms in a mangy-looking cat of no particular breed. "Look who I found!" she announces proudly. "Can I keep her?"

Bob the Cat

Unread postby Bob the Cat » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:21 pm

Natalia stopped in her tracks when she saw the little girl run up to her. She kneeled down to look her in the eyes.

"Jeanine, don't stray off to far next time okay." Natalia said as she ran her hand thru the little one's hair. "Now you go inside and give that kitty some milk okay. I know there's some in the fridge there." Natalia pointed to where little Jeanine should go as she said this warmly.

As Jeanine ran in, Bob looked at Natalia and whispered "I hope the answer to my questions about her will become clear here"

Natalia responded rather loudly to Bob, "Why don't I take Jeanine with me and go check out the town?"

Bob just looked at her with a cautious smile and told her, "Just don't do anything stupid Natalia. Make sure she behaves Jeanine!"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:32 pm

"Okay," Jeanine answers, as she skips toward the fridge, and pulls out some milk. In the process, the cat is dropped, and immediately capitalizes on the situation by running under the couch and entrenching itself very firmly.

Once the milk has been poured, Jeanine places it under the couch with the cat, reasoning that the poor kitty shouldn't have to walk too far to get it's meal.

She then runs over to Natalia and grabs the black-clad woman's hand. "I'm ready, Auntie Natalia!" she declares, clearly eager to move on.

Bob the Cat

Unread postby Bob the Cat » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:55 pm

And so Natalia softly takes Jeanine by the hand and the two of them head deeper into town to take in the sights.

As they walked about the town, it was easy to see that it was bustling with activity. A few cafes and restaurant were seemingly full of customers. There were a few tacky souvenir shops along with some inns and a few bars that Natalia refrained from going to. But the one thing that caught Natalia's eye was the tourist caravan. Unfortunately they were closed for today due to an apparent sandstorm deep in the desert near the old bardic temples.

Natalia noted the time that they would go for the next day, for now however she looked at Jeanine and asked, "Would you like to go get a sno-cone?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:05 am

Jeanine had been busy watching one of the troupes of Roving Ministrels in the town, humming along with them. However, the offer catches the child's ear immediately.

"Yes please Auntie Natalia!" says Jeanine with a smile.

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:18 am

Not too far off from where Bob was staying, was a small simple home, overlooking the lake. Not planning to be around too many people, Reako decided on this spot for it's quietness and the fact it was further away from town than most of the others.

For the first time in quite awhile, Reako was dressing in rather casual clothes, robes not being too good of a thing to vacation in, and had a simple red shirt and blue jeans, both of which he bought from Bob's shop at one time or another. It was curious how Bob could get his hands on such goods, but Reako never questioned it.

At the moment, he was more concerned about what to do with his weekend. He didn't really need a tan, seeing as he just got finished with a journey through the Rakkar Desert. Not being able to think of much else, Reako decided on a stroll across the beach and perhaps through town.

"Hmmm, perhaps I should go see the temple. It'd been about 4 or so years. I wonder where Daryl had gone after that ordeal with Infinija?"

Not liking to remember that event all too much, Reako shook his head and headed out.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:53 am

Down the street not too far from Natalia, a relatively tall man walked, wearing a peculiar set of chains about his arms, and black pants with the words "LOVE MACHINE" written down the sides. This was Girvyn Ignatious, and he had a problem.

None of the clubs were open yet, so he couldn't go and impress the chicks with his insane dancing skills. He already had a wonderful tan, so there was no reason to go work on that. There was no rampant evil apparent in the area, so he couldn't go be the stereotypical do-gooder.

And he was out of money.

Girvyn leaned against the wall of a random souvenir shop, set down his bag, and sighed. He reached into the bag, and carefully retrieved a map. There had to be somewhere around here that he could get some money. He really wanted to be able to eat for more than three days, and legit work was just unthinkable, not to mention woefully boring.

Bob the Cat

Re: Upon request :D

Unread postby Bob the Cat » Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:59 am

Natalia went to get both herself and Jeanine some nice refreshing sno-cones. However, probably her instincts acting, Natalia couldn't help but notice the peculiar man near a souvenir shop. She paid him no mind for now and set about finishing her grape sno-cone.

Meanwhile back at the villa, the sole reason that Bob hadn't gone out and harassed Reako (yet) was the mere fact that, he and Mae had decided to "test the bed". However there was an open window near by and a strong breeze carried away one of Mae's undergarments out the window and aforemention undergarment happened to land on a certain psionicist's head...

Excaliburned

Over in the ruins

Unread postby Excaliburned » Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:03 am

The hallways of the once bustling Bardic Castle now stood long absent. Where the lingering sounds of voices raised in song, and the sweet melodies of a thousand instruments joined in a triumphant cascade, proclaiming their joy, their spirit, their devotion; now there remained only the ghosts of memories long past. Time, having taken even these dwellings of a demi-god into its embrace.

But, though the place now belonged to the past, and to the long departed, sounds of life yet persisted. To be precise, the echos of footsteps filling the sacred silence. The feet in question belonging to a man walking slowly through the ancient hallways, tracing a path only he could see. The man was dressed in modern day clothing, plain blue jeans and sneakers, and a leather jacket covering a plain white shirt. Of average hight, his plain face wore a bittersweet look of reminiscense as his eyes lingered slowly, hesitantly, over various features of the palace. His attention everywhere but where he was going, his feet already knowing the way.

Sigh... Why am I here, wallowing yet again in my past? he wondered as he continued along his path. I know there's nothing here for me, nothing but more reminders of my losses, of my worthlessness. Sigh... It seems that even when I run I still can do nothing but be drawn to my faliures, like some moth...

He shook his head for a bit, then looked up to realise he had reached the end of his walk. There stood a large room where he had once had to stand by helplessly as Daryl had won the Bardic War, where he had been defeated as a captain of Valen's forces, and then been drawn to the ultimate defeat against Infinija. He felt his inner demons call to him again. Then, his face hardening, mouth setting in a thin, firm line, he shook his head.

No! I won't give into this despaire! Not yet! I'll find something, something I can be worthy of! And... this is as good a place as any!

Raising his head, his eyes clearer than they were before, Excal Burned strode from the room, and began heading back to Cleft.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: Over in the ruins

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:35 am

In the marketplace of the town, the relative low-level bustle was broken off by the high-pitched voice apparently coming from a man in the corner of the market.

The man, dressed in rather plain clothing, had a large broadsword resting on his back, and he was currently busy staring at the standkeeper. His short black hair was tied in a tight pony-tail.

"<span style="color:maroon;">You've got to be kidding me!</span>" The man banged his fist in the small board that had been set up as a counter.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Here I go, doing the world a favor hunting down demon bent on destroying the world and risk my life while doing it!</span>", the man took a deep breath and continued yelling, "<span style="color:maroon;">Every day I fight for my life against some hell-bent underworld lord of evil, and I do it all for YOU!</span>"

The standkeeper looked at the man a bit surprised and then sighed. "<span style="color:teal;">Very sorry, sir, but I'm not allowed to give discounts. It's 10,000 zeny or nothing I'm afaid.</span>"

The man who had been yelling grumbled something and paid the money, getting a small bottle back.

"<span style="color:maroon;">I damn well hope this is worth it. Money-grubbing merchant.</span>" He growled and left the small stand.

The Dark Gun

Once there was a town... Or something.

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:54 am

*He smiled, a tight-lipped look of enjoyment, as he surveyed the scene. There didn't seem to be much work to do here, but that was perfectly alright, he had enough money for a moment, although he'd need to find a new job soon enough. He had finished that clip spell he'd been working on, though, so that should help keep overhead down. He took a cigar out of his front jacket pocket, lit it up, and took a deep draft. Ah, it was a good day. He watched over the town for a time, thinking slowly to himself. He came up with something that made him smile, and then frown.*

"Curses. If I want to try that I'll need more money... Hrrm, better start looking for work after all..."

*He wandered over towards the marketplace... He'd learned that merchants and travelers usually had a use for his services, but with the low amount of people moving through he didn't see many options, except maybe the man with the broad sword. The man was moving away now, so he'd have to follow him... But the merchants weren't going anywhere. If it didn't work out, he could always come back here.*

Yari Koneko

And the "only" otherworlder here...

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:30 am

The ancient temple was too much to resist. Though in the middle of one of Gaera's most expansive deserts, she had tracked it down by only rumor and hunches, figuring that there must be great treasures there!

As she entered the inner sanctums, she couldn't help but notice the statues all around her. Her only thought was that they looked creepy. And they were armed. A large blue portal stood directly behind the altar in the very innermost hall of this great stone building. She inspected it with interest, but then decided not to attempt any tests on it, or *gasp* try to go through it. A noise behind her made her turn around with her signature speed. A seven-foot-tall statue armed with a halberd had come alive and was marching toward her, looking to kill. She smirked and drew her sword. Charging into it, she dealt what she thought would be a slice to cut it in half.

Instead, steel met stone with a resounding clang, and she nearly dropped the sword. With fear now in her eye, she noted that all of the statues had come alive, and were coming toward her with alarming speed. Seeing her last chance for survival, she ducked under the statue she had just attacked and dived toward the altar, leaping up, she placed her whole body through the portal.

In the middle of the marketplace where Christian had just made his purchase, there was a flash of blue light and a resounding thud. A girl with orange hair, red eyes, white wings and a slim figure lay on the ground. She wore tight-fitting blue clothes, and a scabbard was strapped empty to her back. In her hand was her white sword, which gave off a faint light, and had runes running up the blade and along the hilt.

Her name was Pelm Finan. And she had just been stranded on The Planet.

EKDS5k

Not the only one....

Unread postby EKDS5k » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:13 pm

Probability of target residing in this environment: 0.002%

This was, however, where his employers had told him the target would be. He had followed the directions down to the exact spatial coordinate. EKDS5k, however, was standing in what was decidedly not an environment in which a scientist, even one with heavy guard, would be hiding out in. Currently it was a firestorm, and his scanners indicated that it was for several hundred miles. Clouds of small burning meteors occasionally pelted his force fields.

Primary force field at 64% and falling.

Estimate that there is a 13% probability dimensional coordinates are in error. Estimated error: 0.3%

Determining probable alternative destinations, and estimating likelihood of residence of target, based upon database information.

The firestorm stopped suddenly, being replaced with one of ice. The temperature dropped to dangerous levels, and large chunks of ice were now slamming into the robot.

Primary force field at 24%. Estimate burnout in 1 minute.

Fortunately, the advanced intelligence matrix would allow him to compute the most likely next destination within that minute, saving him a time-consuming repair job.

Most probable location of target, based upon likely error in original coordinates and database information of locations: The Planet, 94%. Other locations insignificant. Probability that current spatial coordinates are accurate: 97%

Instantly he decided on that course of action. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough time for him to gain sufficient height so as to avoid breaking something on his way in. His dimensional teleporter, possibly the only thing on him that used magic of any sort at all, was already activated, and the air around him crackled with blue energy. Though you wouldn't know it from the lightning storm that had just kicked up.

Primary force field integrity: 12%, and dropping rapidly.

With a loud noise, not unlike an explosion, the massive robot disappeared from view, leaving the storm to rage on unnoticed.

========================

Unknown to Bob and Mae, though that was certain to change, and quick, the place EKDS5k had been standing in the storm dimension coincided with his room on The Planet. Bluish energy crackled across the walls, and with a bright white flash, E-KD5-5000 was standing not four feet away from the foot of their bed., looking straight at them.

Primary force field integrity: 5%, and charging at normal rate. Estimate 100% reached in five minutes.

He immediately scanned the pair, accessing whatever information he had.

Female unknown. Male: Bob the Cat, owner of Bob's Item Shop, the shop of which I had mandibles installed.

Mandibles were subsequently destroyed by an unidentified creature.

Uncle Pervy

Re: Not the only one....

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:08 pm

Jeanine watched the people passing by one the streets as she enjoyed a sno-cone that was her favorite flavor: Red. It was fun, sitting there with Auntie Natalia and watching all the people in funny clothes walking by. Maybe auntie Natalia could get her something like that if she were good?

"Auntie Natalia!" Jeanine says, tuggin on the ex-assassin's clothes, "I want clothes that say 'Love Machine' like that guy's!" She pointed at Mr. Ignatius to accentuate the point.

Bob the Cat

Unread postby Bob the Cat » Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:34 pm

Mae and Bob had been happily resting after their session in bed. Hoping to nap until the mid-afternoon, fate it would seem would intervene. As they were both startled awake by the sudden teleporting a large robot into their bedroom.

"Who the hell..?!?", Bob was cut off as he yelled that question as Mae instintively cast a bolt spell that caused the robot to be launched through the window with a loud crash that could probably be heard from the marketplace.

"Sheesh and you say I'M impulsive." Bob smirked as he got dressed
Mae didn't respond, she only had an angry look on her face...

Back at the market

Natalia was eyeing what she thought was an angel that had just landed on the ground via a portal. A small group of people had gathered around it. Natalia was about to go check for herself when Jeanine asked her innoccent little question.

"Um... uh, how should I put this... That man means a sorta different type of love that's meant for grown-ups. And hmm, girls shouldn't wear something like that.", Natalia scratched her head as she tried to find words to explain this, when she heard the loud crash come from the villa.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:44 pm

Girvyn momentarily looked up from his map momentarily. It seemed he had attracted some attention from the lady in the black bikini...he couldn't exactly argue against her choice in clothing. He was considering going over to talk to her when he saw Jeanine.

....a kid. thought he. That probably means she's married, and I don't want to start anything just yet...

He returned his attention to the map. He had barely finished determining where he was, however, when he heard the crash from the villa, prompting him to run on reaction, however stupid that reaction was. As such, he grabbed his ba, and began running towards the source of the noise...

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:51 pm

Pelm picked herself up quickly, sheathing her sword quickly out of habit. She dusted herself off quickly, muttering curses under her breath involving "idiot gates that dump you on your butt."

She looked left and right, slowly becoming aware of the small crowd that had gathered around her. She beat her wings impatiently. Not in the mood to be an object of gawking today.

This could've been any marketplace, anywhere. "What are you looking at?" she said to the crowd.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Misunderstandings? Maaaaaybe...

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:09 pm

Christian stopped in his tracks as a bright flash enveloped the sides of his vision. While certainly he had his back turned to whatever it was that had appeared, his instincts sensed danger. Instantly he grabbed for his blade, unstrapped it and wirled around, ready for the evil demon that had surely come to challenge him in a battle.

He turned just in time to see the woman brushing herself off, and while she did this Christian opened his mouth to adress her, only to be bluntly cut off by the overwhelming sound of shattering glass.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Run!</span>" Christian shouted to the townspeople. "<span style="color:maroon;">We are besieged by the Forces of Hell! Run for your lives!</span>"

The Dark Gun

Re: Misunderstandings? Maaaaaybe...

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:20 pm

*Stops, dead in his tracks.*

Hrrmmm... Crazy people made bad employers... Although, maybe there's something to that too. I should check it out...

*He began to walk in the general direction of the disturbance.*

Excaliburned

The forces of hell? Again?

Unread postby Excaliburned » Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:28 pm

With the town having sprung up, and it generally being conductive to buisness not to have the tourists eaten, Excal found that the area around Cleft and the Castle had been swept clean of REMs (Random Encounter Monsters) long ago. It made for a safe and uneventful trip back to town. Of course, town was an entirely different matter.

At first nothing seemed to be too different. But, as he went on there were some people running from the centre of town, and he could hear some of them saying something about "Hellspawn". This caught him somewhat offguard as he had never known hellspawn to attack all that often, and they didn't usually pick resort havens from what he could tell, preferring military/political centres where they could try and disable their target nation in a blow. Of course, it could also be some underachieving hellspawn dropout.

The vigilante pondered this turn of events for a moment, and figured that regardless of what it was, his hotel room was that way anyways. And with that firmly decided, he ventured forth, eyes peeled and hands ready to reach for his weapons.

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Re: The forces of hell? Again?

Unread postby Reako Somner » Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:44 pm

Reako was surprised to suddenly have a piece of woman's garment blown into his face, which the wind soon took out into the lake. Shaking his head a bit, Reako looked back towards the shore, seeing a rather good sized cabin on a choice spot overlooking the lake.

Not long after seeing this, however, a strange robot came crashing through one of it's windows. Wanting to investigate, Reako decided to teleport on over to the location.

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:00 pm

Hearing a cry of besieging from the powers of Hell, Pelm turned around. Stifling a yawn, she inquired, "Really? How can you be so sure?"

But something about the man who cried "demon" looked familiar... and his voice really so.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:10 pm

Christian waved his sword a bit menacingly at Pelm.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Don't you try to trick me, err... demon...</span>" He mumbled, a bit unsure of himself. This wasn't usually how things happened. There would be some wind blowing, and perhaps it'd start raining. Or if the thing was really powerful, a thunder-striking storm. Heck, demons usually didn't even say anything before they attacked!

"<span style="color:maroon;">If it's a fight you want, a fight you will get. I warn you though, to try to harm any bystanders. Prepare to go to... wherever you demons go when you die!</span>"

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:30 pm

*He easily finds where the growing crowd is, and approaches slowly.*

Hrrmm... Hellspawn? Not likely. Mechanical maybe... Or something else even. Unusual, certainly. If it's not actually living... Hrrmmm

*He stared at it*

Yari Koneko

It's deja vu all over again...

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:55 pm

Pelm raised an eyebrow. This had happened to her once before, long ago. A young man had mistaken her for a demon, and had actually tried to kill her before she convinced him that she wasn't.

Wait...

Was it the same person?

The one from before was slightly more... rational. And looked just a bit different. But nevertheless, the voice was unmistakable. And his sword looked mighty familiar too.

Not bothering to draw her blade, she ran at him with alarming speed. Ducking under his sword, she quickly glomped him with a cry of, "Christian! Is it really you?"

(OOC: Obviously, she knows the Gaeran equivalent of Christian. Not this one... unless they're the same people.)

Edited by: Yari Koneko at: 4/14/03 6:57:41 pm

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

O_O;

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:14 pm

"<span style="color:maroon;">Shit!</span>" Christian exclaimed as the young woman dodged under his sword. She was going to get him killed, and it hadn't even been a serious fight...

However, as the girl hugged him, his grip loosened of his sword and it fell to the ground with a loud clank. He remained motionless for a while, staring in front of him.

When the girl was finished with her question he looked down at her.

"<span style="color:maroon;">...Of course it's me.</span>" He said to her slowly. However, as soon as hope entered Pelm's heart, it disappeared again as he continued. "<span style="color:maroon;">Don't you even know the name of who you challenge?</span>" He pushed her away. "<span style="color:maroon;">You insult me.</span>" He bent down to retrieve his sword.

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:19 pm

EKDS5k easily flipped around in midair, slowing his flight backwards through the use of thrusters. He set down on the grass, and observed the crown which was quickly forming around him, his scanners searching for any sign of his target.

No data on target available.

What?! I just had a full description!

Memory banks damaged slightly from bolt spell. Total memory loss: 0.0004%

All sectors dealing with target information lost.

Lovely.

The only remaining information was that his target was a scientist of some sort. He set down on the ground, and walked back towards the house, to the front door. On which he knocked. That woman was going to get a face full of rail gun if she didn't have a damn good explanation for blasting him.

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:32 pm

Pelm backed off and let him pick his sword up. Her eye twitched as she thought of possibilities as to how this situation would happen.

It was most certainly Christian, but he didn't seem to recognize her at all... and he was highly paranoid of anything infernal...

"Come now, Christian, don't you remember? It's me! Pelm Finan!"

Edited by: Yari Koneko at: 4/14/03 7:35:34 pm

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:36 pm

"<span style="color:maroon;">Pelm? Never heard of you.</span>" Christian shrugged. "<span style="color:maroon;">´though I should've, considering you're more skilled than some demons I've encountered.</span>" As he finished with the comment he raised his blade again and smirked. "<span style="color:maroon;">But all things considered, I usually never do the same mistake twice.</span>" With that he rushed forward towards Pelm, swinging the blade in a low arc. He anticipated she'd use her wings, or at least jump, which'd just put her in a tight sort of spot.

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:41 pm

Well, this was fine and dandy. Christian was absolutely convinced that she was a demon. Again. But this time, he was absolutely emotionally certain of it... and last time, she was covered in blood. And didn't have angel wings. It was totally unlike him to attack her... especially considering how she looked.

But the fact remained that he really didn't remember her. Leaping backwards from his attack, she said teasingly, "Come now! Where's the logical, lovable demonologist I know? What's happened to you?"

She ran into a merchant's stall, putting her into a rather uncomfortable position...

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Chris has some ANGST!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:53 pm

Christian froze as she said demonologist. Did she knew? Had the rumors really spread in Hell about...

He attacked with renewed effort. No one was ever making fun of his fate again, ever! He couldn't live with the shame of knowing it himself, and if others knew...

"<span style="color:maroon;">Don't you EVER mention that again, Demon!</span>" He shrieked, swinging his sword without caring to avoid bystanders. "<span style="color:maroon;">You have no idea what he put me through!</span>"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:56 pm

Jeanine was amused by the whole show in the square. The angel coming from nowhere, the challenge, and the angel hugging the guy. It had to be a show! What a wonderful city, to have shows like this in the streets!

So she clapped.

"I wanna see what happens next!" Says the red-haired child. "I bet Uncle Bob wishes he were here to see this."

Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 4/14/03 8:24:08 pm

Yari Koneko

Boot to the head!

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:01 pm

Kicking herself backwards, Pelm tried to force over the stall to give herself more of a retreat. What she found was that she didn't have the strength.

"Ah, shit!" she spat, and with a quick motion leaped into the air, and on top of the stall's wai little cloth roof. This did her absolutely no good as Christian's blade sliced through the supports, bringing the wai little cloth roof down about two feet.

Pelm siezed an opportunity then, delivering a kick to Christian's forehead.

Edited by: Yari Koneko at: 4/14/03 8:02:31 pm

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:05 pm

Christian had hardly time to anticipate the unexpected attack, and the kick between his eyes sent him sprawling. For a moment his entire body, including the clothing, seemed to shimmer and then slowly fade into black, practically making it impossible to make out any details of the now nearly formless Demon Hunter.

The blade, however, stuck out from the mass, the only thing not visable was the handle of it which was inside the blackness, presumably where the hand had once been.

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:12 pm

Pelm's eyes widened. What had the demon done to him? Leaping down, she knelt down over him, her brow furrowed in concern.

"Dear Gathoniel; what did they do to you? Dammit, we killed Antharius! How does a dead demon do this?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:16 pm

After a few moments the mass stirred slightly. It constantly shifted in size and slowly rose to what looked like a sitting position.

However, what followed wasn't exactly pretty. The mass seemed to increase it's shifting, melding to form a rather vaguely human form. Suddenly a human face appeared, not even like the one of Christian, but then it disappeared again. This repeated several times with different faces, and sometimes even the outlining of clothing, until two red dots appeared. In a matter of seconds Christian was his old self again, holding his head in pain.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Fiend...</span>" He whispered, groaning as his head ached in pain.

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:21 pm

Pelm eyed him with a very confused, dazed and somewhat impressed look.

"Chris, what was that? An after-effect of Antharius' possession?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:25 pm

Christian looked up at Pelm and frowned.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Antharius? Was that his name?</span>" He moaned again.

"<span style="color:maroon;">In case you don't know it, he possessed me for... a while.</span>" He sighed deeply. "<span style="color:maroon;">I did some terrible things there... And when I finally got rid of the monster I... I was changed.</span>"

"<span style="color:maroon;">Your master have commited sins in my name I can never hope to atone for. And to make things worse I've been cursed to that horrible, dark... thing</span>

"<span style="color:maroon;">I don't even remember my old face anymore, this is the closest I can get...</span>"

((OOC - ChrC is saying nighty-night. The clock's 2:30 in the morning, and I'm tired))

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:29 pm

Girvyn skidded to a stop in front of Bob's villa, just in time to see the mechanical apparatus reach the door. Judgin by the marks in the ground, the crash from earlier, and the hole in the wall, the thing had just been knocked out of the building.

He set his bag down and watched for a moment, curious as to waht would happen next.

Next

Return to Other RPs