One fine day in Cleft...

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Yari Koneko

But but but... she only carries Doman gil... and DOOM!

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:34 pm

Pelm agreeably tagged along with Christian, looking quite expectantly at the scrumptious-looking taste treat. Smiling agreeably at the compliment Chris paid her, she was glad to see that he was at least regaining some of his reason.

She looked... slightly irritated when it was revealed that Christian didn't have the money to pay for her ice cream.

Pelm's left eyebrow was beginning to hurt from raising it so much. She pulled out a small bag of coins, handing several to the storekeeper, only to have them returned quite promptly, with a remark of "who are you trying to pull?"

Pelm raised her right eyebrow this time, with a confused remark of, "but everywhere accepts Doman gil..."

Turning to Christian, she asked, "Where am I?"

EKDS5k

Re: Now with 100% more pants stealing :D

Unread postby EKDS5k » Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:47 pm

Nothing. No picture associated with that genius, so I can't even compare to determine if it was him or not. But six months isn't recent enough anyway. Information must be too classified, and my skills as a hacker are limited at best.

The computer screen went blank as the robot powered it down, then withdrew his finger from the port. The jack receded behind his armour and he once again had a normal finger. Well, normal for an 8 foot tall robot made entirely of metal.

"There is nothing of him on record here, at least not available to me. Thanks for the use of your computer, though. I will have to come up with an alternative course of action..."

Uncle Pervy

Must recall to sign in.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:07 pm

"Wheeee!" Jeanine squeals again. She loved it when Auntie Natalia gave her rides. And, building sand castles did sound like fun.

E Mouse

You made the pants cry :(

Unread postby E Mouse » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:35 pm

Note to self: Don't trust psychotic babysitters. Jeremy thought, quickly dropping lower in the water so that only his head showed above it. Then Jeremy decided that maybe getting into deeper water might also help and give him a little more time to think about what to do.

Not that it helped much.

-----

It took Alice a few seconds to do the math, after noticing Jeremy's swimming trunks drop out of a stranger's hands and onto the sand in front of her.

Two ideas came to mind. She COULD take the trunks hostage, both for... personal use, and to keep Jeremy from getting out of the lake until the crowds thinned out. Then she could go skinni-dipping.

Another idea was to assault Jerry-chan right now, since he had no underwear of any kind on. Okay, so there was the t-shirt, but that wouldn't stop her, now, would it?

That idea, combined with seeing Jeremy trying to casually sneak off into deeper water, gave Alice more than enough reason to decide that taking a swim probably wouldn't be that bad of an idea.

She darted for the lake's edge.

-----

Jeremy didn't get far from where he had stopped to try and talk with Natalia and Jeanine before he heard someone else entering the water behind him.

Drat. And here I was hoping she'd leave me alone for a little while. How the heck did she know, anyway? the psionist wondered, gliding to a stop and wondering if he should turn around.

He didn't really get the chance. Alice swam surprisingly fast, and grabbed onto Jeremy from behind.

"Jerry-chan!" she purred, wrapping one leg around one of his own.

"Er... hi." Jeremy said nervously. He silently hoped that Alice's hands would stay where they were (around his neck) rather than trying to root around...

No such luck. Jeremy lightly pushed one of the fangirl's arms away and tried to turn his head around to look her in the face.

"What do you think you're doing?!" he hissed. Alice ignored him and started pushing on his back with the free hand.

Jeremy decided that he probably would be best off getting far away, very quickly. But he had the feeling that streaking through town wouldn't be the smartest idea, especially with Alice latched onto him.

Jeremy glanced over at the area of the beach where Alice had been sunning/showing off, and saw his swimming shorts nearby. He immediately figured out how the fangirl had known what had happened, but was also slightly relieved, as it also gave him a way out.

The pants were right up against the edge of the water. Alice had kicked them closer in her haste to latch onto the half-disrobed psionist.

A lucky break.

Jeremy managed to break away from Alice's grip with a light shove to her shoulder, and tore off as fast as he could swim for the shore with his article of clothing.

The psionist reached it, snatched it back into the water, and pulled it into its normal position before stepping out onto the surf, turning, glaring at Alice, and letting go of his trunks to put his hands on his hips...

"Sorry," the mocking voice in his inner ear said again, "You've already had your lucky break for today."

Alice's kick had also stretched the elastic of the trunks so much that they no longer fit Jeremy. The moment he let go, they dropped to his ankles.

DAMN YOU.

"I love this job."

The Dark Gun

THERE IS NO PANTS

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:09 pm

I suppose my time would be now...

*He cleared his throat before addressing the robot and the man*

"Ahem... Who would you be looking for, sirrah?"

*He smiled slightly, he thought that a robot would be more aware, but it might have had something to do with whatever it had just gone through. He only knew one way to find out.*

EKDS5k

Re: THERE IS NO PANTS

Unread postby EKDS5k » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:33 am

The robot turned to the man he had previously been ignoring. His sensors automatically did a scan of him, checking his memory banks for any pertinent information.

Subject: Unknown. No data on file

"Excuse me? I don't believe we've met before..."

Bob the Cat

Originally they were going to kick over the ice cream stand.

Unread postby Bob the Cat » Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:32 am

"Sorry I couldn't be of help..." Bob said as he thought, "No doubt this robot is going to get himself into trouble sometime soon if this scientist is involved with what I think he is..."
He walked away a bit to figure out how he was going to cover that hole in the wall where the window once was...

Meanwhile back in town, the imposing figures were passing through the same vicinity that Christian and Pelm were in. They stopped and gave a quick look to both of them and continued on...

Mae looked up from her book to see, ahem, more of Jeremy than she would have needed to see. She sighed, whispered "Why does she do these things?" and went back to her book, trying to keep from blushing.

Natalia had made sure that Jeanine would not be getting a lesson in male anatomy today, as she managed to find some pails and little shovels and was making sure Jeanine was too engrossed in building "Fort Awesome" as Natalia called it to see a "free show" as Natalia would later dub this...

E Mouse

Mmm, ice cream.

Unread postby E Mouse » Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:46 am

Jeremy wasn't as helpless as Natalia might have thought, however. He had the presence of mind to snatch his trunks, blushing furiously, and hold them up around where they normally should be.

He knew whose fault this was. Well, besides the Author's. The psionist glared around the beach, looking for Natalia.

He spotted the ex-assassin crouching in the sand a ways off, and, holding his pants up with one hand, stomped over to confront her.

Natalia looked up again from overseeing Jeanine's construction, hoping to see what would happen to the poor sap next, and found her victim standing right behind her.

If looks could kill.... well, Jeremy proably couldn't kill her even if she had about 1 HP left and he was equipped with the best he could ever get, but it certainly would have left a rash.

"Hi again." Jeremy hissed, "I didn't exactly get the chance to thank you."

Uncle Pervy

Re: Mmm, ice cream.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:06 am

"Hi Jeremy!" Jeanine chimes in with a smile, "Would you like to help me make a sand ziggurat to go with this Fort?"

The Dark Gun

Of course not...

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:08 pm

*He smiled, slightly, and his glasses sparkles slightly in the sunlight.*

"No, I don't believe we've met before, but I've been wanting to meet someone like you for a long time. I'm something of a scholar, focusing in on magic and mechanics, and you do seem to be a robot of a higher degree than any I've ever seen."

Being as I may have seen two, ever

"So, of course, you have piqued my curiousity. Can I help you in any way?"

E Mouse

Teh stuff.

Unread postby E Mouse » Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:54 pm

Jeremy turned and blinked dumbly at Jeanine. She was smiling up at him, holding a small shovel in one hand. What looked like a miniature fort tower was right next to Jeremy's foot - he briefly wondered what might have happened if he had stepped ON it, but decided that it wasn't worth worrying over.

Jeremy stared at the little girl for a moment, and felt his anger fade, in spite of himself.

"Sure, I guess. But I can't help right now, okay? I want to... talk to your auntie Natalia, and I have a few other things to take care of..."

Alice chose this moment to sneak up from behind and latch around Jeremy's neck again.

"I didn't know you were so good with kids, Jerry-chan." she purred.

The psionist sweatdropped.

Uncle Pervy

Re: Teh stuff.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:12 pm

"Alright," Says Jeanine, as Jeremy sweatdrops. She looks at Alice for a moment, and makes a face. To Alice, she says. "You should put some clothes on, or your Mommy'll get mad at you."

Edited by: Uncle Pervy  Image at: 4/17/03 5:27:15 pm

Bob the Cat

Ebil :D

Unread postby Bob the Cat » Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:16 pm

Natalia looked at little Jeanine, then back at Alice and Jeremy and smiled. It was a smile that would make even Bob shiver.

"Hee hee, Jeremy was just on his way to buy Jeanine a cherry flavored sno-cone. Such a kind and sweet young man he is. Why if he weren't so obviously wasn't taken by you... hm."

Natalia said this in the best faux-sincere voice she could. If she could be nominated for the Oscars for this, she would win an award.

EKDS5k

Re: One fine day in Cleft...

Unread postby EKDS5k » Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:54 pm

The robot considered for a moment, then decided there was no point in concealing his mission. If he found the target, it would become obvious enough to anyone nearby anyway.

"I am looking for a scientist who is supposed to be residing in this area. Any information you might have regarding that would be useful. I would advise coming with me, as it could prove to be very dangerous."

E Mouse

Bob dies. Twice :(

Unread postby E Mouse » Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:03 pm

Alice looked at the younger girl for a few seconds, then giggled suddenly.

"She does have a point, you know." Jeremy muttered, wondering how he was going to keep Alice out of his way with only one hand free.

The fangirl smirked. "My mom dresses like this sometimes, too."

Jeremy sighed. "Why was I expecting something like that..."

Then he noticed Natalia's smile.

Damnit, that's never a good sign.

"You think?" his Author asked. His voice was accompanied by a strange, faint humming sound.

And what's THAT? Jeremy asked, wondering if he really wanted to know the answer.

"That's my Gamecube. You think I'm gonna let torturing you get in the way of my SoAL fix?"

Jeremy resisted the urge to snort, and turned to give Natalia a wary look.

Her smirk never wavered, and she commented, "Hee hee, Jeremy was just on his way to buy Jeanine a cherry flavored sno-cone. Such a kind and sweet young man he is. Why if he weren't so obviously wasn't taken by you... hm."

Alice glanced at Jeremy (or at least the side of his face she could see easily) and asked, "Really?"

The psionist didn't respond, and merely glared at Natalia.

Alice looked at Jeanine again, seeming to ponder something. Then she turned to Natalia and said, "You know, I don't really mind threesomes anyway."

This, naturally, went right over the little girl's head. "Huh?"

"Nevermind her," Jeremy said quickly, giving Alice a dirty look (not as in horny, you bakas), before turning back to Jeanine. "Okay, I'll get you a sno-cone too, but I don't have any money with me right now. Remember how I was swimming? It's a bad idea to bring money with you when you're swimming - it's easier to lose it. My money's in my room at the hotel - I'll go get it, then come back in a few minutes, okay?"

"You ARE good with kids." Alice muttered in a voice only Jeremy could hear.

"Okay, Jerry-chan." Jeanine said, still sounding confused at what Alice had said earlier.

Jeremy winced; he didn't want another person using Alice's pet name for him (heck, he was pretty sure he didn't want ALICE using it), but he wanted even less to stand around on the beach with defective swimming trunks and Alice hanging off of him, so the psionist replied, "Right. See you later," and tried to run towards the hotel, bogged down slightly by Alice.

Edited by: E Mouse  Image at: 4/18/03 5:25:19 pm

Excaliburned

Yummy

Unread postby Excaliburned » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:57 am

Having watched Bob for a bit, Excal noted someone else going up to talk with him and the mech. The vigilante weighed the benefits of going up and introducing himself, but figured it would probably be better if the Ferelian didn't know he was here. Fat chance of things staying that way once he meets up with Natalia again though, he thought ruefully.

Well, nothing to be done about it. And all I'm really doing is just getting myself depressed again... Sigh, why DID I come here knowing what lay here? Feh, no point sitting here angsting about it.

Shaking his head, Excal got up and looked about before deciding on a place to go. He ended up making his way to the local ice cream hut, figuring that maybe something cold and sweet might help bouy his mood. On his way over he thought he saw the people who had been at the centre of the disturbance earlier. And it looked like something was transpiring again.

The woman was looking to be somewhat irritated and was digging through her purse. Apparently her companion had offered her something he didn't have the coin for. He was somewhat surprised when he saw the shopkeeper reject the money with an angry look on his face. Hurrying forward to see if he could help forstall trouble this time, he was quick enough to overhear the woman replying "but everywhere accepts Doman gil..."

This caught Excal off guard. He had never heard of any place called Doma on this planet, in any time. And judging by her responce, this place would be a major nation that'd be hard to miss in even the Hall of Record's convoluted timeline records. Obviously, this was an unusual situation, and one which could potentially be a very good education encounter. And, she had just given him a perfect entrance, even if she had asked her companion where they were.

"Why, you're in the town of Cleft in the Dry Dry Desert. More generally, you're on what is affectionatly called This Planet, and a loooong way away from your Doma," Excal quickly said all of this before he could get called for butting into a private conversation, and started picking coins out of a pocket as well. The man nodded and went away satisfied as he recognised the Salonian Drakes and promptly pocketed them.

"I imagine you'll be looking for room and board, as well as a way home. I can help you with both if you're willing."

Excal then waited for her to reply, his intent to order something long forgotten.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=excaliburned>Excaliburned</A] at: 4/18/03 2:16:00 am

FlamingDeth

Sneakier than Kelne's minions!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:57 am

"Aye, I wouldn't worry 'bout that...they looks like they can make do." said a voice from behind the Canuck knight, coming seemingly from nowhere. Stepping out of the shadows was Girvyn, who had somehow snuck away from the crowd around Bob, through the town, and over here, in perfect daylight, without being seen, and without making a sound, despite the enormous length of chain around his arms.

"I gots somethin' to talk to ya 'bout, mate..." said the odd looking man. "'s about that lass ye were talkin' to earlier. Y'know, the one wit' th' lil girl?"

Girvyn only needed a small bit of information here to continue on with his "plan", if you could call it that. On the other hand, those two guys walking by did seem a little out-of-place in a resort town like this one, he thought, noticibly watching them walk past...

Yari Koneko

My, getting to be a center of attention.

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:25 am

Recieving a large chocolate ice cream cone with glee, Pelm wheeled around to face these two new arrivals, one who told her that she wasn't anywhere near home, and the other who snuck up behind him.

Pelm sized up them both, snickering slightly when she read the one's pants. However, to Excal's overtures, Pelm didn't know how to respond, and her mind raced in its own way to come up with something to say.

E Mouse

Reentering the fray!

Unread postby E Mouse » Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:16 pm

Jeremy made it back to the hotel rather quickly. The person at the reception desk where he and Alice checked back in for the moment raised an eyebrow at how the fangirl was hanging off of Jeremy's neck, but made no comment. It was his job to be polite, and the psionist was thankful for it.

He headed for his room. Well, actually, Alice's as well. Somehow they'd ended up with rooms right next to each other. Jeremy never bothered to question this; he didn't have enough money to think of requesting a different room, and he had a feeling that all the others were reserved or effectively in use already anyway.

Damn Author.

Jeremy stopped in front of the slightly fancy door to Alice's room and pried one of her arms off his neck.

"I don't really need to let go, Jerry-chan, we're only going to be here for a minute, right?" the fangirl said, but removed her other arm anyway.

Jeremy sighed. "First, you're not allowed in my room, and that's where my gold is. Second, I need to change out of these defective things, and having you nearby would get in the way of that. And third, if you're going to be stalking me today, I'm probably going to be stuck with that little girl for a while, and you already know what she thinks of your current outfit. Try changing into something a little more modest..." he said, walking on to the plainer door of his own hotel room.

Well, assuming she has any, that is. he thought, quickly unlocking his door and entering.

Jeremy's hotel room was plain, simple, and undecorated. The main thing that showed it to be a proper hotel room and not a cheapo resting place in an inn or the like was the bed; it was large, fluffy, and very comfortable. Jeremy had found it a blessing the first few nights after arriving, since it was a serious improvement over sleeping on rock or moss.

The only other real features of the room were a small window, a closet, and a small bedside table, complete with a lockable drawer.

Jeremy had his money stored in the drawer, but decided that getting into some clothes that left both hands free would help him out more.

He opened the closet door and squinted into its unlit interior at the meager collection of clothing he had managed to keep. His headband hung on a hook on one wall - it was waterproof, but sometimes Jeremy felt better not standing out in the crowd - and maybe two sets of clothing were in the closet: His usual set (a plain t-shirt and pants) and a backup swimming set (that fit rather tightly to try and prevent... handling). A faded, unimpressive sword sheathe was in the corner.

The psionist considered for a moment. Well, I doubt I'm going to be going underwater again today...

He changed to his original outfit, and thought about bringing along the GENRICSWD. Jeremy decided against it, figuring that the bat hidden in his pocket was enough of a precaution. Besides, openly bringing back a weapon probably wouldn't make Natalia happy.

He grabbed his room key again, and unlocked the drawer next to his bed. Inside was a tiny pile of coins; there weren't enough to cover the bottom of the drawer, even spread out.

Jeremy grabbed the entire pile with a fist, and felt around in every corner of the drawer for any that he might have missed before counting the meager collection.

About... 103 gil total. Jeremy thought, grimacing, I hope that's enough. And that Jeanine doesn't want a lot of extra toppings.

He exited the hotel room and locked it behind him. Jeremy looked around, expecting some kind of ambush from Alice, but didn't see her. He did notice that her door was open, though.

I guess she decided to change, like I asked. the psionist thought, mildly surpised that his suggestion had been accepted.

He shrugged, and walked down the hallway past the fangirl's room, making sure not to look in.

Something suddenly wrapped around his foot, tugged, knocked him to the floor, and dragged him into Alice's hotel room/cheapo honeymoon suite.

The fangirl expertly flicked the jumprope end she was holding in her hand, releasing the other from Jeremy's ankle.

Oh. Well duh. It's an improvised whip weapon. the psionist thought numbly, feeling a little disoriented from his tumble to the floor.

"Naturally," his Author said cheerfully, "Now pay attention!"

Jeremy blinked and looked up. He wished he hadn't.

The sight of Alice in black, semitransparent lingerie was enough to give him a nosebleed. Her jumprope looked a lot like a whip in the poorly lit hotel room, too. The psionist closed his eyes quickly and scowled.

"Well, you could at least WATCH me change..." Alice pleaded.

"Alice, I don't have time for this." Jeremy replied gruffly. He blindly scooted back towards where he hoped he remembered the door being.

She let him go. The psionist wondered if Alice understood, or if she had merely decided to wait until nightfall so that she could show off even more.

Or maybe she was just content with the glance she'd gotten away with already. Oh well, doesn't matter too much.

Jeremy left the hotel, and headed for the beach again, looking for Jeanine and Natalia.

Excaliburned

So much for simplicity

Unread postby Excaliburned » Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:31 am

A quick look at the reactions his offer had gotten was a whole lot of nothing. Excal wasn't sure this was a good or a bad thing. However, it wouldn't hurt to give her a bit of time to think it over, talk it over with her friend. And now he had the perfect excuse to leave them for a bit.

"Well, you can talk it over with your friend. I'll just be over there," he pointed to a secluded table. "And, as for you, if you want to talk fine. Come with me."

Excal waited to see that the mystery person would follow. He didn't really care if the person came or not, but he was curious as to what sort of fool poked his nose into Bob's buisness. Besides, maybe he might be able to get something interesting out of this person. He'd never learn if he didn't go for it. Reaching the table, he sat. He then waited for his mystery companion to sit as well.

"So, why're you interested in Bob and his Kin, and why should I help you?"

FlamingDeth

Meh.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:35 pm

"Aye, not so much 'Bob and 'is kin' as just the one ye were talkin' to." Girvyn said to Excal. "See, I overheard the lil' girl refer to her as 'auntie'. Now, this means that she is not, in fact, her mum as I previously thought. Now, since you seem to know 'er already....I don't s'pose ye know if she be available?"

Before Excal could respond to this apparently dire, urgent question, Girvyn brought something else to his attention. "It may also be wise to note that them large guys in trench coats that be lookin' altogether out of place are headin' to this Bob character's place as we speak..."

The Dark Gun

Re: Meh.

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:02 pm

*He takes a heavy pull on his cigar, and breathes out slowly, thinking.*

"No, I'm afraid I'm rather new in town. I haven't seen or heard of any scientists around here."

*He pauses, and then smiles widely.*

"What are you looking for him for, anyways? If there's danger involved, I'd at least like an estimate of the sides, as well."

Excaliburned

Unread postby Excaliburned » Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:59 am

Excal tilted his head over at the trenchcoat wearing figures. He idly pitied them, as he had seen Bob in action before, and had a pretty good idea of just what he was capable of. After all, for a little while, the Vigilante had entertained thoughts of going after the Ferelian himself. Of course, he had eventually decided that he lost often enough without finding doomed causes to back. As for Natalia...

"Let 'em do what they want. I don't know most of the stuff Bob gets himself into, and I don't really want to know. But, anyone who tries to mess with him gets what's coming to them. As for Natalia, I'd be the last guy to ask if she's available or not."

Excal leaned back, keeping a discreet eye on the black coated men. Afterall, if they were serious about going after Bob, things might just get interesting. He also made sure that the folks he was interested in hadn't left, and finished his buisness with a brusque "Sorry I couldn't help ya," not being the least bit sorry at all. Getting involved with any member of Bob's family was a bad call if it could be avoided, as far as the vigilante saw it.

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:47 pm

"The sides? For the purposes of my mission, there's me and him. It is not known what kind of support he has, though, which is why I was sent to deal with him."

He considered for a moment, then spoke again.

"It is none of your concern as to why."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

GAH! O_O;

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:42 am

((OOC - Our network farked up! Goooomen!!))

Christian looked at the coins Pelm was holding.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Where the hell is that from?</span>" he said curiously and took one of the coins from her.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Oh.</span>" he gasped slightly. "<span style="color:maroon;">These coins, where did you get them?</span>" He stared at Pelm. Before she could answer he continued. "<span style="color:maroon;">Don't you know just one of these is enough to buy the whole stand? The amount you're carrying could probably buy half the town!</span>" He looked at the storekeeper with a cocked eyebrow. "<span style="color:maroon;">Not to sound very critical or something, but I don't think you're going to make well in this business if you can't even spot a Doman Coin!</span>" He flipped the small piece of metal at the man and started walking away, nodding to Pelm to join him.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Now, I'm terribly upset at you.</span>" He said at a distance which still made it quite audible,"<span style="color:maroon;">here you go waving around valuable coins like you wouldn't know better!</span>"

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Re: GAH! O_O;

Unread postby Reako Somner » Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:06 pm

(IE was down for awhile, but now it's back up. Time to try and fumble my way back into this one.) Image

After briefly meeting up with Bob again, Reako began walking through the city. He'd only brought a mediocre amount of money with him, not planning to buy suveniers or anything. While the Daryl Plushies for sale in one shop looked kind of cute, it just wasn't his sort of thing. Instead, he walked over to a snow cone stand he'd recalled seeing before yesterday.

On his way there, he ran into a very familiar young man.

"Hey, Jeremy, is that you?"

E Mouse

The SA-X lurks. <_<

Unread postby E Mouse » Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:30 pm

Jeremy slowly threaded his way through the crowds wandering the merchant-surrounded streets of Cleft, trying to get back towards the lakeside.

It was slow going. The crowds were rather large now, and the people in it were going in just about every different direction at once. Jeremy often had to squeeze through areas between groups of people in order to make progress, apologizing for jostling the members of both. Sometimes this earned him some odd, or angry, looks from people.

Right about when he was passing the snow cone stand he expected to come back to with Jeanine, he heard a voice call his name.

A familiar voice.

That wasn't Alice's.

Blast. And here I was hoping not to be recognized.

He hesitated. Glanced around to try and find out if Reako could see him clearly. Wondered if a short chat with the elder psionist wouldn't take so long Jeanine (let alone Natalia) would be upset. Or if it would give Alice enough time to catch up to him.

That last one decided it. Jeremy chose to try and ignore Reako's call, and slink off into the crowds to get to the beach as soon as possible.

Reako saw this.

"Jeremy, where are you going? Wait up!" he called, threading his own route through the crowds, towards Jeremy.

The lesser psionist suddenly remembered that, for Reako, keeping track of people wasn't very difficult, especially if the person he wants to locate has a distinct energy signature.

Since he was the only practitioner of Mu Psionics known to This Planet, Jeremy naturally had a unique energy signature, especially to other psionists. A weak one, but unique none the less.

Jeremy stopped and turned to face Reako as he caught up. He scratched the back of his head, and greeted the elder psionist nervously, "Er, hi again, Reako. I was just, um, heading for the beach right now. Did you want to follow along or something?"

The Dark Gun

X-MAS

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:10 pm

*He scowls slightly, and then adjusts his glasses.*

"Oh, that's very helpful."

*He sighs*

"Although you said it would be safest if we stick together, will I recieve any compensation if we find ourselves in a combat situation later, or would it be best for me just to ship out before the fighting starts?"

*He smiles, slightly, having minimal intention of doing the second.*

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:28 pm

(ooc: Dammit, that was a typo. I meant to say I advise against coming with me. No matter. I'll attribute it to the lightning blast.)

I said he should come with me?

Analyzing previous conversation: "I would advise coming with me..."

Grammatical algorithms scrambled by 0.3%. Compensating and correcting.

"My apologies. The earlier blast affected my circuitry more than I had first estimated. I meant to say I would advise against coming with me, as it could be very dangerous."

As he spoke, the robot's head slowly moved around. One might even think he wasn't paying attention, but that simply wasn't true. The mechanical construct was perfectly capable of carrying on a conversation while he scanned the local environment, taking note of things such as wind, temperature, humidity, etc etc.

"While I will not tell you my mission right now, I will not stop you from following me and discovering it later, but you do so at your own risk. And no, there will be no compensation should your life come into peril. I will do my best to protect you, but I will not endanger myself nor my mission for your well being."

Bob the Cat

Unread postby Bob the Cat » Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:30 am

Bob watch as everyone was going off to do their own thing, as he got a special grey briefcase with the words "in case of property damage" engraved on it from the back of his Humvee.

"I'm glad I had enough foresight to bring THIS along." Bob sighed as he took his "in case of property damage" kit up to the bedroom...

Natalia was still with Jeanine, expanding on Fort Awesome, in all its sandy glory.

The two trenchcoat wearing figures continued to walk down the main street, stopping when they noticed Excal.

"Hmm, he's here. Perhaps he's come to join our enemy. But still I doubt he is the source of the energy signature. Continue."

And with these orders that only they could hear, they continued heading to where the robot had originally landed...

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:58 am

"When are we going to show Uncle Bob, Unkie Exca,l and Jeri-chan Fort Awesome, Auntie Natalia?" Jeanine asks, as she works on reproducing a ziggurat that she saw in a history Book that Mae had shown her before they had left.

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:10 am

"Hmm... I see..."

*He shrugs*

"Indeed, well then, I hope you have the fortune of sucessfully completing your task. Try to keep any bystanderds out if it if you can though... Last thing this town needs is fightining in the streets, what with the tourists here."

*He smiles*

"But then I bet you know your business better than that."

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:48 pm

"Well, I don't really have much else to do at the moment, though I just got here... though I would be interested to hear how well you've been doing since our adventure in Rakkar. You've gotten alot stronger since then, I can tell."

It didn't take long before Reako noticed that Jeremy was acting quite nervous.

"Let me guess, is Alice after you or something? You always act thing way around her."

Reako smiled, but the same reaction couldn't be said for Jeremy.

E Mouse

OMG STUFF.

Unread postby E Mouse » Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:14 pm

Jeremy tried to return Reako's confident expression, but it came off as more of a grimace.

"Yeah, Alice is here too." he said, glancing to one side, "But I've been managing to avoid most immediate trouble with her recenty."

Reako raised an eyebrow, showing his bemused curiosity. "And how did you manage that?"

"Training underwater all day for a week. Alice kept trying to 'work on her tan.'"

"So you're saying you don't mind her showing off to others?"

"No, I'm trying to show that I don't want her 'showing off' around me, period."

Reako chuckled. "All right, but then why are you heading for the beach again, anyway?"

"New situation today. Some psychotic babysitter brought a little girl into the water and I've gotten caught up dealing with them..." Jeremy replied.

The elder psionist nodded. "All right, then where's Alice? I'd expect that she'd notice you leaving the water...?"

Jeremy shifted uncomfortably. "Had a little trouble. She came back to the hotel and decided to change clothes, and I needed to get what little money I have. I don't know how much longer it'll take her to catch up."

Reako chuckled. "All right, I see why you're in a hurry... I don't have much else to do around here, I might as well tag along for this."

Yeah, for what reason? Your own amusement? some corner of Jeremy's mind thought, bitter and suspicious.

He said nothing out loud, but nodded at the elder psionist and started fighting his way to the beach again.

For a little while, Reako followed him silently. Then...

"Out of curiosity, what's the name of that 'psychotic babysitter' you mentioned?" he asked.

Jeremy's reply seemed distracted - he was more preoccupied with looking for another opening to get closer through. "I think it was Natalia... why, do you know someone like her?"

Before the elder psionist could respond, a gap opened in the crowds, revealing a view of the sandy beach just ahead.

The two psionists slipped through the gap. Jeremy looked down and gave his feet an odd look.

"Y'know, maybe I shouldn't have bothered with the shoes," he said, "They're just gonna get sand in them anyway."

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:31 pm

Girvyn leaned back, pondering Excal's words. On one hand, he could go and try to find out. However, it just wouldn't do to try that with the little one around. He decided, instead, to go with his second plan, which was to wait and watch for the first available opportunity to do so without the kid there to interfere.

"Thenk ye, nonetheless..." says Girvyn, fading back into the shadows that he had come out of.

Girvyn makes his way back to the villa, to watch for the events unfolding. The men in the trenchcoats were a curious sight indeed, and they needed someone to keep an eye on them at the moment. Idly, he also trued to remember if he saw any rings on Natalia's fingers, as that would be a decent indication of her current status...

Bob the Cat

Unread postby Bob the Cat » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:50 pm

The two figures continued through the town, stopping yet again when they scanned the two psionicists heading to the lakeside beach.

"Curiouser and curiouser, that is one of the mistress' old allies...

Continue to where the anomlous reading occured."

Natalia had just finished adding a fourth tower to Fort Awesome as the two psionicists began to appear through the now semi-crowded beach area...

Edited by: Bob the Cat at: 4/24/03 11:02:37 pm

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:58 pm

"I do indeed 'know my business.' However, the people residing in this town are not my concern. I will not harm them, but their safety is not my responsibility."

Main tank power level: 65%
Reserve tank power level: 100%

Estimated time until main tank empty: 39 hours at current output, 2 hours in heavy combat situation.

I had better refuel.

"Good day, sir."

He turned and headed off towards the rest of the resort town. More specifically, he called up a map of the city and went straight for the nearest bar.

Excaliburned

Unread postby Excaliburned » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:32 am

"Best of luck to ya," Excal said to the figure as he left, "because you'll doubtless be needing it" he was politic enough to leave unsaid. With that bit of buisness done, Excal turned his mind to other matters, namely that winged woman. Getting up, he wandered over to where he had left her, hoping she had come to a decision.

Bob the Cat

I...you...destroy

Unread postby Bob the Cat » Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:27 am

Needless to say, when the denizens of the local tavern, "The Harpsichord bar" saw a large robot walking into their bar, they were a little... nervous.

The bartender, eyed the robot with a look of scorn in her eye. The regulars would say more scorn than normal. She was a large burly woman with a crewcut, the kind of woman that could wrestle a bear to the ground.

Bob eyed the approaching figures suspiciously as he laid a tan-colored panel over where the window once was.

The two figures scanned Bob's villa. They could find no energy reading matching that of the anomaly that occured earlier in the day. However, the closest matching signature happened to be Bob's own.

"Watch him carefully. Databases say he was always neutral during the war, but do not underestimate him. Circle around the lake once and then return to base."

Back on the beach:
Natalia waved at the psionicists, as Jeanine planted a tiny flag on the first tower of Fort Awesome.

Edited by: Bob the Cat at: 4/29/03 1:27:43 am

EKDS5k

Re: I...you...destroy

Unread postby EKDS5k » Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:35 am

The mechanical construct had to turn himself sideways to fit through the relatively small door of "The Harpsichord Bar." As he entered, he noticed that almost all eyes were on him. Nothing unusual, really, as he was always out of place, no matter where he went.

Ignoring them, he walked straight for the bartender.

Probability of bartender being a militant lesbian: 97%

"One pint of the strongest stuff you have."

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs