The Kingdom [join in the ooc]

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Ronin

Re: I'm waiting for all of us to do something.

Unread postby Ronin » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:05 pm

"well" Brent said "not much I can complain about, I've had worse, of course I've had better too"

He continued eating his meal, noticing the sharp contrast between the wine and the gruel, he took another sip of his brandy, and contemplated, for the 100th time that day, what they were getting into.

WhiteWerefox

Doing something.

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:10 pm

Ensifer stirred his gruel. "Yeah... speaking of which. Makes me wonder why the king takes the first bunch of poeple that come in off the street and gives them crappy transportation. I mean, if this is so a serious issue we're dealing with."

He took a sip of his wine. "I'm a lesser noble and a trained fencer. You're right out of the smithy, and bunny is right out of the ranch. I'm wondering why neither of us got a second glance, or much of a first, at the job application."

Ronin

Doing something.

Unread postby Ronin » Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:52 pm

Bren thinks about this for a moment, "yes, that is troubling me as well, he is probably desperate for help with this"

WhiteWerefox

Re: Doing something.

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:21 am

Ensifer ate while Ronin responded, then replied: "Desperate? He's the king. He could have the entire guard looking into the matter. I think he's hoping the issue will blow over as quietly as possible, with as little impact as possible. I'm also betting he's sending us to look proactive, and waste as few resources as possible in the process."

Ensifer looked at his gruel. "A bit thin. Not bad."

bunnygirle78

Re: Doing something.

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:14 am

Bunny woke with a yawn and rubbed her eyes. She left her room.

"I wonder where Marisa is?" She said as she peeked into a room. Seeing no one there she walked towards the galley. She peeked inside.

"Oh hello." She said walking up to others.

WhiteWerefox

Do you read these subject headers?

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:09 pm

Ensifer nodded to Bunny. "Ah. Bunny. Pull up a chair, the food is terrorable."

bunnygirle78

Re: Do you read these subject headers?

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:54 pm

Bunny sat down after geting herself a bowl. She stared at it and then sniffed it.

"Uh. . .I don't think I'm hungry." She said with a smile.

"So what were you two talking about?" She asked.

WhiteWerefox

Re: Do you read these subject headers?

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:37 pm

"My consipracy theories." Ensifer said. "Not much else going on."

(OOC: Whole lotta nothing going on.)

Ronin

*sips*

Unread postby Ronin » Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:08 pm

"mmmhmmm", "what he said"

Bren continues eating his gruel, hoping that he won't find any "surprises" in his meal.....

bunnygirle78

Re: *sips*

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:33 pm

"Uh. . .ok?" Bunny said looking confused.

WhiteWerefox

Love the food here.

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:30 pm

Ensifer picked something from between his teeth, and regarded it as he worked his jaw. "Is that frog? I think that's frog."

He sipped his simply *fabulous* wine continued eating.

Ronin

uh..........

Unread postby Ronin » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:38 pm

Bren stared down at his bowl, raising his eyebrows, he then push it away, shivering slightly.......

Kuro Kodomo

Lost and confused.

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:08 am

Marissa eventually felt ill from looking at the water too long. She headded back to the gally to see if she could scrounge up some crakers and juice, that is, if it even existed on the ship. She spotted bunny and the others.

"Enjoying your meal?" She asked putting on a strained smile.

((OOC: in his last post he said this is a good time for our charaters to interact...other than that, no clue. Maybe he's busy...some people do have to do things IRL.))

Ronin

Re: Lost and confused.

Unread postby Ronin » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:21 am

"well, if you could call it a meal....."

Bren continued thinking about what Ensifer had said, trying to fathom a reason for the kings desperate action.

WhiteWerefox

Be confused no more.

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:43 am

Ensifer smiled politely back. "Depends on your tastes. I'm used to the occaional gormet cooking with frogs and snails and such, but Brent doesn't seem to like it much."

(((OOC: I am not here for a CIRP.)))

bunnygirle78

Re: Be confused no more.

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:32 am

Bunny laughed and handed her bowl to Ensifer.

"Here you go." She said.

"Do you think that the frogs are still alive when they cook them?" Bunny said as she noticed a frog let sticking out of the bowl she had just handed to Ensifer.

Kuro Kodomo

Re: Be confused no more.

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:04 am

Marissa made a face at the bowl.

"I guess it's a good thing that I'm not allergic to things like frogs and snail...but to eat things like that..." She shuddered at the thought. She considered herself lucky because she hadn't found anything in hers. Or maybe she was just so hungry she didn't notice.

WhiteWerefox

I'm done for now.

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:11 am

Ensifer shook his head. "No... no snails. Not bitter enough. I've had fancier dishes with worse ingredients."

He finnished his bowl. "Still, it's getting on in the evening. I'll retire for now, and suppose I'll see you all next morning."

Ensifer made sure his dishes were cleaned up, and returned to his cabin. He fell asleep on his pallet with little fuss.

Ronin

*nods*

Unread postby Ronin » Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:55 pm

"I might as well get some sleep to, sleep well ladies"

With that Bren cleared his bowl(I hate homonyms, is that the proper form?) from the table and returned to his quarters.

((hey Geo, could we get on with the story?))

Kuro Kodomo

Re: *nods*

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:16 pm

Marissa tapped Bunny on the shoulder, "You want to go topside and, I dunno, star gaze or something. There isn't much else to do on this ship."

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:10 pm

"Sure." Bunny said standing.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:30 pm

[OOC: GOMENASI!! I've been working about 6 times as much as I usually do. I'm really sorry, rl smacked me about and beat me to a pulp.]

Time went on. Days, weeks, and as months aproached the team started to wonder if there was actually land. Everyone got a little restless. A boat wasn't much fun. You could only play cards, and talk so much.

After a couple of months they finaly saw land.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:33 pm

Bunny Looked out from the crows nest and laughed. She looked down and shouted to the others.

"Hay look, I see land." She said with a smile.

Ronin

Unread postby Ronin » Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:11 pm

Bren looks up from a game of cards he was playing, he yells up to Bunny "really?..... if this is a joke you won't be leaving that crows nest for a long time!"

bunnygirle78

Re: Re: *nods*

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:39 pm

Bunny laughed at him.

"Its not a joke Bren." She said waving. "Come on up and see for your self!"

WhiteWerefox

WE'RE BACK!!!

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:13 pm

((OOC:Starts to nod off: Image

What? We're back? Yipee!)))

Ensifer lay down his cards he was holding, abandoned the pile of coingage he had laid down to bet, and dashed to see the land they had all been waiting for.

"What's up first? Hunting for meat or getting some fresh fruit?" He leaned on the rail, and squinted. "Too far off to swim from here... all the pity. I'll be watching it from the fo'cs'le."

He nodded to Brent, and left to watch from the head of the boat.

((Fo'cs'le…you wont find that word in any dictionary, I bet, but I've herd it used firsthand. It's slang for the forecastle: the front/upper deck of the boat.))

Kuro Kodomo

Re: WE'RE BACK!!!

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:15 am

Marissa walked back up to the deck when she heard Bunny calling from the Crow's Nest. She set a bowl of rather clumpy gruel on a crate and walked over by the railing.

"'Bout damn time. I think I've actually grown fond of the nasty crap they call food on this ship."

Geocsuppi

Re: WE'RE BACK!!!

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:39 am

Robert ran from the bowels of the ship where he had spent most of the trip up top.
<hr/>
As they watched they relized how fast they had been going. In a matter of minuets they had to drop the sails to slow down the boat. The anker was dropped about 300 feet away from the shore. The captain came out and was about to yell but then he spotted the whole team.

"Ohh well there ye are. We'll be usin' the little boats to get to de shore."

Ronin

finally

Unread postby Ronin » Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:14 am

Bren smiled eagerly and headed towards the longboats, happy about the thought that he would soon be on dry land.

bunnygirle78

Re: finally

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:41 am

Bunny ran back to her room and quickly grabed her staff and bag.

"Finaly," she said jumping into one and smiling. "This boat was nice but I would rather walk on land that dosn't bob around so much."

WhiteWerefox

And we're off.

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:25 pm

Ensifer got his belongings from below. When he returned with them, he shouted "To the pinnaces!" and boarded the nearest landbound craft.

Geocsuppi

Re: And we're off.

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:47 am

[OOC: What are pinnaces? And I know this must be just auwfull for me to ask but could y'all put more descriptions into your posts, their small and almost always only dialog, with one sentence of descrpition.]

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:37 pm

Forgetting the bowl of gruel, she hurried back down to her room and grabbed the knapsack and rushed back to the little boats. Her face was flushed but cheerful.

"Who's up for a good meal once we find some real living animals and the like? I could use a big steaming bowl of beef stew...or at least something that tastes like beef...unlike that crap." She said gesturing towards the abandoned bowl.

WhiteWerefox

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:13 pm

(((OOC: A pinnace is any small craft kept on a larger ship. Lifeboats, the captains gig, fishing boats, and loading craft. Pardon my obscure vocabulary. As for the legnth of my posts, I'll make them as long as they need to be. No more, no less.

Next time your kept away from posting, Geocsuppi, please at least let us know. I think we'd all appreciate it.)))

Ensifer smiled broadly from his seat. "I'm hoping to spot some wild fowl, personaly. A nice roast bird would do me just fine."

"Still... I'm more concerned about the things out to eat us. Lord knows if they've got lions or tigers or bears on that island."

Ronin

big words..........

Unread postby Ronin » Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:16 pm

Bren jumped into the "pinnace" along side Ensifer, taking all his equipment with him...

((longboat is kinda self explanatory..... its a long boat, not the size of a ship, used for boarding other ships and making landfall, and btw white, sometimes its best not to use words that you know will confuse people....))

bunnygirle78

Re: big words..........

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:59 pm

Bunny frowed a bit at the mention of killing an animal, but remained silent. She understood that he was just hungry, and secretly hoped that there would be fruit or something else. She smiled as she leaned on the edge of the Long boat and stared at the island.

"Its prety isn't it?" She said and nearly fell of the water as the long boat rocked.

Kuro Kodomo

YOINK!

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:30 am

Marissa reached forward and grabbed the back of Bunny's shirt and pulled back on to her seat.

"I think it would be a good idea to say in the boat, hon. Who knows what's swimming in these waters."

She peered over the edge of the boat to see if she could identify any of the sea life.

WhiteWerefox

Oopsie

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:21 pm

(((OOC: Appologies for the obfuscating vocabulary. If I don't provide an OOC explaination blurb for words in the future, check http://www.m-w.com

I wouldn't use "pinnace" in normal conversation, but Ensifer would. I don't mean to be confusing, but its part of his charactor. How do you expect a guy with Manners: Noble to talk?

Sorry, Geocsuppi, for the long OOC.)))

bunnygirle78

Re: Oopsie

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:32 pm

Bunny blushed feeling foolish about acting so childish.

"Thank you." She said rubing her head.

Kuro Kodomo

Re: Oopsie

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:16 pm

Marissa smiled at her in a motherly way and nodded. She looked over towards the land that had eluded them for some time and wondered what thay would find there, would they find the savages that had murdered her father? Would they in turn be murdered? Or maybe amushed as soon as they landed the boat? Only fate would tell, and it didn't look like she was in a reveiling mood.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs