Conflict - Isle 526

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
PSLoyalist

Re: Conflict - Isle 526

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:22 pm

Duranja walked by, cinking his neck to listen to the conversation.

"Finally, someone to talk to," Duranja said as he walked up to the two, "how are you doing?,"

(OOC: ruining a perfect romantic situation is like an art)

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:48 pm

[OOC: You're supposed to wait till the moment before we kiss dillhole (dillhole was not ment as an offense, so don't be offended).]

Hikari looked at Duranja.

"Looks like everyone want's to know what everyone was doing. Myself, nothing inparticular, I love the sea air."

Hikari took a very deep breath. He walked over to where Kuro was standing and peered over the side.

"Such a gentle sea...," He muttered. Most likely Kuro was the only one who could've picked up on it. He spun around on his heel, so he faced Duranja, and Kuro again.

"So what y'all doin'?"

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:11 am

((OOC: We were gonna kiss? How come you didn't tell me this?...I confused...))

She crossed her arms over her chest. "I was looking out at the water untill you came out of nowhere with your sleep-walking self." She smiled and looked back out over the water.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:43 am

[OOC: All overly romantic things have a kiss in them, which he was supposed to inturupt. And the reason you didn't know is cause I didn't know untill he said he was intruupting something. One psloyalist posts, I'm going to bed, IC, and OOC.]

Hikari glanced back over the water. He laughed a little, and finaly landed his eyes on Duranja.

"What are you doing here?"

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:24 pm

"I'm finding someone to talk to," Duranja said looking at Kuro.

"You guys were gonna have a romantic moment weren't you?," Duranja said holding back a giggling laugh, "We're here to do buisness, not fall in love," Duranja said seriously, not trying to sound like a hardass, but thought it was to late...

(OOC: Image )

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:58 am

She looked up.

"Huh?" She had been totally lost in thought once again. She looked from Hikari to Duranja in confusion.

"Did I miss something?"

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:16 am

"Jigow NO! It's not like that."

Under his breath he muttered, "Baka."

[OOC: Hikari gonna start saying Japanese frases, why cause I wan't him too.]

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 3/19/03 2:24:20 am

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:04 am

While the mercenaries were talking, Isaac Byrlon, the captain of the ship, appeared on the deck.

"There you are. I just wanted you guys to know that we're not expecting any trouble on the way, and we'll arrive at the island without delay."

Byrlon walked to the rail of the ship, and looked into the distance. Then he turned around an faced the mercenaries again.

"It's great weather, and it'll probably become even better when we approach the island. Let's hope it's a good omen for you guys, right?"

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:30 pm

Kuro nodded in agreement with the captain, "Yeah, let's hope so."

She gave Hikari a funny look, flipped her hair and headed back you the cabin, "If something happens, come and get me, otherwise, I'm taking a nap."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:04 pm

"So ne," Hikari muttered.

"Yeah... I'm tired too."

Hikari walked off and for the first time went into his own cabin. Efortlessly he plopped down on the bed and fell right asleep.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:22 pm

She opened her door and went straight for the bed. She lay down and stared at the ceiling for the better part of an hour before finaly fally asleep.

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:32 pm

Duranja stood, alone, on deck. Everyone just kinda....left.

Kuro Kodomo

Sweet Dreams

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:35 pm

Dreams and reality are conected. How? Not many can tell. Sometimes dreams had a hidden message, others, they are telling of a major decision, but sadly, most of the time dreams are just dreams. They are what you make of them. Too bad for Kuro, she had a habit of believeing that what happened in her dreams, either already happened in life, or would happen soon.

<span style="color:gray;">They were off the ship and on the "Island". They had been there for days and had survived an attack from the natives. Everyone else was dead, the only ones left were Hikari, Duranja, and herself. They were fighting over the last bottle of water.

"I get it! I bought it!" Duranja was yelling.
"But I'm the nice one! I derserve it!" Hikari argured.
"Nuh uh!"
"Yeah huh!"
"Mine!"
"No, mine!"
</span>

Kuro kicked at her blankets. "But I'm the youngest..." she mumbled.

saberlock

The Arrival

Unread postby saberlock » Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:30 am

OOC: Ok, we could have all kinds of character development and interaction, which is great, or we could skip ahead a bit to see how your characters act under pressure.
So, the real adventure is going to start.
Why? I decided so. :P

As the days passed, the Silver Wind encountered no problems at all, and in little less then three days, the island was reached. In the distance, the island was all green, and covered in dense jungle, but as they came closer, they could see the city.

Byrlon wished the mercenaries good luck one last time before they left the ship, and gave them directions to the building that would be their 'base'. The three other mercenaries would be waiting for them there as well.

The sun was shining brightly, and it would have been very hot here, if a pleasant cool sea breeze didn't bring the temperature down to a mild level.

As they got off the ship, they noticed the port was nearly empty. The buildings were all new, and in perfect state, but there was no one inside. It seemed everyone had left here. Following the directions of captain Byrlon, they found their way through the streets, to the city itself. Again, the buildings and streets looked new, but this time there were some people. As they walked through the street they regularly noticed some movement behind the windows, and sometimes they saw someone walking outside. But the noise usually heard in cities was almost completely absent. It was almost uncomfortably silent in the streets.

After a short walk, they reached the base. It wasn't much of a base though. It looked like all the other houses in this city, except for the fact that the windows were barred. They knocked on the door, and it moved automatically, as if a gust of wind blew it open.

"Come in! We weren't expecting you so soon!"

The mercenaries stepped in, and the door closed behind them. Inside she small, badly lit room, there were three people. They were playing some kind of card game.

One of them stood up. It was a tall, slender man, with shoulder length blond hair. He was dressed entirely in green, and smiled as he introduced himself.

"My name is Chiaro. I'm a mage, skilled in the manipulation of the winds, and the growth of plants. I'll be your guide on the island, and provide advice and help when needed. I've been on this island for quite some time now, and if there's anything you want to know, just ask me. Unfortunately I don't know much, but I'll tell you all I know. I can also aid you in combat, using my magic and my sword."

Chiaro pulled back his cloak a bit, revealing a beautiful longsword at his side.

"My partners here are Miranda and Daitetsu. I'll let them introduce themselves."

The woman looked up at the mercenaries.

"I'm Miranda. Most know me as 'Tears', though.", she said.

She was dressed in black leather. Her long black hair was tied together behind her back. The most striking thing about her appearance were two big scars on her face, starting below her eyes and going down over her cheeks. It was obvious how this women got her nickname.

"I'm a professional spy and assassin. They say there's no one faster with the dagger than I am, and I haven't met anyone who proved it wrong. I can also use magic, which I use mainly to create my own weapons. I don't like carrying weapons with me."

Miranda held up her hand, and immediately a long dagger started to materialize. She then threw the dagger up, caught it, and made it disappear again.

"Your turn, Daitetsu!"

The young man in the back started to talk.

"My name's Daitetsu. I'm here because they needed my help. The money didn't hurt either. Anyway, if there's fighting to be done, I'm your man. I don't know much about what's going on here, for I arrived not very long ago. There's nothing more to tell you, really..."

When Daitetsu was finished, Chiaro spoke again.

"So, now we've introduced ourselves, it's your turn. I would especially like to know your strengths and weaknesses, because when we're out there in that jungle, I have to know I can rely on you. After that, you're free to ask anything you want."

OOC:

Chiaro: He's like a classic ranger/druid kind of guy.
Miranda: Think goth assassin. (Yes she's stolen from a NPC in Arcanum. Sue me. ^_^ )
Daitetsu: Sseko's character. It doesn't seem he's around, so I'll control him for now.

@Sseko: Post in the OOC thread if you're still playing!

More OOC:

Characters with any magical skill (Kuro) might be able to sense Chiaro's and Miranda's magic power. They may also have noticed it was Chiaro's magic that opened the door.

Use this information as you see fit. Decide for yourself if your character would be able to sense these things.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=saberlock>saberlock</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/20/03 8:41:00 am

Kuro Kodomo

Introductions Anyone?

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:29 pm

Kuro looked around at the other mercs and visibly winced, "Well, I guess sence no one else is going to go first..."

She put her hands in her pockets and began her introduction, "My name is Kuro, I am able to use magic, that is, if I'm lucky...it doesn't really work for me but, " she glanced at Miranda, " I can sence it. And um..." She pulled her chakrams out of thier leather bag at her waist, " I guess you could say that I'm skilled with these." She shrugged and looked around.

Geocsuppi

Re: Introductions Anyone?

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:28 pm

"She's so modest isn't she." Hikari made a very cute face and looked at Kuro!

Hikari straightened up. "My name is Hikari "Blackcat" Gobima. I'm called black cat because of this," Hikari reached behind himself and pulled out his Daikatana. It's blade was a black metal and on the blade was the word Neko engraved on it (In Kanji). Hikari pointed to it, "This means cat."

He sheathed his sword again. "Despite the size I'm very nimble with it. I have no magical abilities, to unreliable if you ask me."

sseko

Well im finnaly here. lol

Unread postby sseko » Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:43 pm

Nodding to Hikari in understanding. "Yea I know what you mean, I my self wouldn't mind learning a little just incase though."

He smiled, most of them seamed pretty reliable so far.

sseko

Well im finnaly here

Unread postby sseko » Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:04 pm

OOC: opps I thought I didn't post my first one, well what ever take this one instead I think it's better Image

IC:
"Yea, I know what you mean, but I wouldn't mind learning at least a little bit, just incase." he nodded to Hikari.

Looking around the group he gave a small grin, they all seamed to be pretty nice people. He liked that in the people he worked with, made things go smoother.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sseko>sseko</A] at: 3/20/03 5:06:14 pm

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:05 pm

Kuro made a face back and stepped on his foot.

"Ha ha, funny." she said sarcasticly, but quietly so only Hikari would hear.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:39 pm

Hikari just smiled a sort of playfull sadistic smile.

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Thu Mar 20, 2003 7:24 pm

"Well, if any of you want to learn more about magic, I'd be happy to teach you a few small things. It never hurts to have another mage with you, does it?"

It was Chiaro. He was smiling again.

"After all, this technology is just a short fad in my opinion. Magic is eternal, and it has never let me down. All this new technology is just the poor man's magic. It will never reach the same level, let alone replace magic."

Chiaro looked at Ryouten and Duranja.

"After all, what use are guns if a mage stops your bullets before they hit him?"

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:15 pm

"I'm willing to learn if you're willing to teach." She said eagerly.

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:22 am

Chiaro looked at Kuro and grinned.

"I can sense you've got some potential. I will teach you a few things before we go into the jungle, but remember that using magic is not something you learn overnight. I can only teach you the basics, the rest is up to you. Magic is such a versatile force, you need to discover its full potential yourself."

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:36 pm

Kuro smiled. On the inside, she was skipping and shouting in glee, YAY! Finally, I'll be able to learn and USE magic. My luck is turning around.

sseko

Unread postby sseko » Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:40 pm

"Could you also teach me?" He asked politely. Being a master of the sword and his fist was all well and good, but he needed something more. To round out his skills.

It made him most happy that things finally seemed to look up for him.

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:16 pm

(OOC: I'm back ^_^)

"Of course I can teach you as well. Like I said, it never hurts to have another spellcaster with us. Just don't expect anything spectacular."

Chiaro looked around the room.

"So, who's next?"

Home is Nowhere

Unread postby Home is Nowhere » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:54 pm

Ryouten had recovered from his sickness by now. He still wasn't quite sure what had come over him; usually he didn't get sick, as he was very fit and had a strong immune system. He still spent most of his time in his room, however. Most of the time he was practicing his martial arts. This was one such time.

There was a gushing noise as Ryouten's leg flew through the air in a jumping roundhouse kick to his imaginary foe's temple. His baggy pants flapped around as he followed through the kick, returning to his ready stance. With a slight stutter-step forward, he sent his front leg forwards in a quick snap kick, followed by jamming his extended palm forwards in a quick thrust to his imaginary enemy's nose. All of this was executed in a lightning fast combo, of course.

He trained in this way most of the day, only breaking to eat his meals.

(OOC: Don't mind my character being a loner. That's just how I RP him wherever I go.)

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:20 pm

After everyone settled in their rooms, Chiaro called all of the mercenaries to the main room.

"I will now tell you all I know about the situation. Like I said before, it's not much, but it's all we have found out about the island.

As you know, the island is covered in dense jungle, making it hard to navigate, and impossible to look trough from a distance. Therefor, we almost have no idea of what's inside. I do suspect there is some form of magic being used deep within the jungle, as the flow of energy becomes stronger inside. Of course, I have not confirmed this.

The enemy we are up against most likely knows the jungle well, and is very much used to move quickly and silently through it. We have reason to believe there is more than one enemy, and they are probably living in one or more groups or tribes. We have not been able to get a reliable description of the enemy, but here's what we have gathered:

The enemy creatures appear humanoid, but are somewhat smaller than normal humans. It is said they have horns and spikes on their heads and backs. They are very agile, and can jump from tree to tree as easily as they can crawl through the undergrowth. They rarely approach the city, but they are sometimes seen moving along the edge of the jungle."

Chiaro sighed.

"That's all. We will be leaving at first daylight tomorrow, so be sure you are ready. We are first going to the last camping site of the first team. It is possible we are ambushed somewhere along the way, so keep your eyes and ears open at all times, and keep your weapons ready. Once we have reached the camping site, we shall examine the situation and plan our next actions.

For those who wanted me to teach them some things about magic, follow me. I'm going outside, and I'll try to explain the use of magic. If you want to know, come with me. The rest of you may prepare for tomorrow. Remember to pack lightly. We won't need much food, for many of the fruits in the jungle are edible, but remember to bring enough water."

Chiaro stopped talking, turned around, and walked outside.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:14 pm

Hikari grabbed a couple juggs of water and put it in a pack. He went outside to practice some sword techniques.

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:20 pm

Duranja looked deeply into his lap, a black cloak drapped over it.

"Sounds scary," Duranja said getting up from his seat, eyes fixed on were his lap used to be.

Duranja looked over to Chaio, he knew he'd get along with this guy, and the assasin, she was pretty good looking, in a respectable mannor.

With a smile he asked, "Do you know anything else about these creatures? lke the weapons they use? my guess is swords or spears, by the sounds of magic, that usually dosn't go well with guns."

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:28 am

Chiaro turned around to face Duranja.

"There's no indication they've got any technology, so they probably won't be using guns. However, we have no idea what kind of weapons they do use. As I have explained, no one has ever seen one of these creatures up close, and lived to tell about it..."

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:58 am

"good," Duranja said with a grin, "Should give us plenty of surprises then."

Duranja nodded to the assasin and then walked out of the building, keeping a trained on on the jungle edge.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:27 am

"Wait a second. When we were on our way over here we were told there was a surivor that could give us information, but he died before we left. Didn't you get any information from him before he died?"

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:06 pm

"Not much. He was in a pretty bad shape when he came back out of the jungle. The only thing we got from him is they were ambushed. Apparently they found a kind of path through the jungle and were attacked somewhere along the way. He said that 'they attacked from above', so I guess the creatures were hiding in the trees. He didn't mention anything about weapons or armor. The only thing that was certain was that these creatures know how to kill. The largest part of the group was down before anyone knew what was happening...
That's why we should be very carefull at all times when in the jungle. I do not believe they ever leave the jungle, but they do not seem to like others entering it."

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:50 pm

Kuro looked at Hikari and shivered, "Is it too late to back out? I just remembered that I'm not the type who likes to go and get killed." She bit her lip.

"Not like anybody would miss me anyways...Let's do it!" Her sudden mood change was a standard thing for her. Of course, she did have her moments.

saberlock

Unread postby saberlock » Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:37 pm

Chiaro looked at Kuro and smiled.

"Don't worry. I don't plan on dying here on this island. I've got lots of things to do, and I'm sure none of you has a deathwish either. That's why I'm going to do anything necessary to get all of us in and back out alive."

His face suddenly became serious.

"These creatures have caused enough harm as it is, and I won't allow them to win this..."

Chiaro turned around, looking at the jungle in the distance for a while. Then he faced Kuro, smiling again.

"Don't worry, we'll all survive this! Now, how about I teach you some magic like I said I would? Ayone who wants to listen, follow me!"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=saberlock>saberlock</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/28/03 1:39:58 pm

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:13 am

Hikari raised an eyebrow at the mood change.

"I'll pass, I should train."

Hikari walked out of the door.

Kuro Kodomo

Magic

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:51 am

"Alright. Teach away." Kuro's gaze however had followed Hikari.

Geocsuppi

Re: Magic

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:41 am

Hikari stepped outside. He took out his sword and chopped at at a small tree untill it fell. He had to make himself a bokan to practice with. Using his sword he started carving the tree into a wooden sword.

saberlock

Re: Magic

Unread postby saberlock » Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:46 am

Chiaro walked away from the city a little bit, and sat down on a small tree stump.

"Kuro, are you paying attention? Good. I'll assume you know nothing or very little about magic, for you wouldn't need teaching if you did."

Chiaro was silent for a moment, thinking of how to start.

"You see, magic is actually quite simple to use, once you know how. If you have the potential, that is. But that's allright, I can sense you've got at least some potential. Before you learn how to use it, you must first learn to sense it. Magic is nothing more than energy, and without that energy, you can't do anything. This energy cannot be measured, felt, or seen. You just 'know' it is there. You must sense it somehow. Try to close your eyes and clear your mind. This removes some of the unnecessary information. Try to snese the energy in this area, and tell me where it's coming from. Don't worry, it's easier than it sounds. If you've got any potential at all, you should do fine."

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs